PDA

View Full Version : How's the new mission?

RufuSwho
Sep 26, 2008, 08:59 AM
Stuck at work for now. :(

I know some people are already kicking ass at the new Moatoob mission.

Anything worth mentioning about the new mission?

is that a new lobby where it starts? seems to be

i see some good gunner drops on the list. are any of these actually new items?

goodluck all, seya tonight :D

Ryna
Sep 26, 2008, 09:01 AM
I haven't made it past the first block yet, but the Rogue Wikko are pretty funny. They can cast two techs in the same casting motion and can use their wands for melee attacks. They also have a lobby-posing animation.

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Sep 26, 2008, 09:04 AM
exactly where is the misson? Is it at the granings mine, or is it at the base?

Ryna
Sep 26, 2008, 09:06 AM
It is at Il Cabo Base.

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Sep 26, 2008, 09:09 AM
It is at Il Cabo Base.

what misson do you have to do in order to get there?

EMPYREAN
Sep 26, 2008, 09:09 AM
whaat, is it at moa???? damn. hate that place.

RufuSwho
Sep 26, 2008, 09:11 AM
If I'm reading the map on PSU pedia correctly,

you need to start at the "Underground Lake" lobby (on Moatoob),

and then run "Lonely Laboratory" mission.

to get to "Il Cabo Base".

The new mission is "Bladed Legacy".

S4CT4L1TY
Sep 26, 2008, 09:11 AM
360 servers still not up :(

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Sep 26, 2008, 09:16 AM
If I'm reading the map on PSU pedia correctly,

you need to start at the "Underground Lake" lobby (on Moatoob),

and then run "Lonely Laboratory" mission.

to get to "Il Cabo Base".

The new mission is "Bladed Legacy".

thanks, I really needed that info.

now all I have to do is just wait for the maitenence to finish on the 360 servers...

BrandonHeat
Sep 26, 2008, 09:17 AM
BORING come on sega how long have they been down for on the 360?

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Sep 26, 2008, 09:25 AM
...I hope that this mission is really worth all of the time and effort put into this maitenence... cause this is one of the longest I have seen...

dimebag13high
Sep 26, 2008, 09:41 AM
wow 360 still down...sega really hate us

Ryna
Sep 26, 2008, 09:44 AM
Be sure to bring a decent dark line shield for the last room. Those last few waves are very painful.

Majarra
Sep 26, 2008, 09:46 AM
Be sure to bring a decent dark line shield for the last room. Those last few waves are very painful.Do they inflict staus effects? Time to use a legless / rainbow!

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Sep 26, 2008, 09:47 AM
Did anyone see the SEED-Lab Staff yet? How does he look?

Ryna
Sep 26, 2008, 09:49 AM
Do they inflict staus effects? Time to use a legless / rainbow!

You get to fight several waves of Renvolt Magashis.

Those guys have a lot of HP and damaging attacks. Some of them can one-hit kill a FO.

Majarra
Sep 26, 2008, 09:51 AM
You get to fight several waves of Renvolt Magashis.

Those guys have a lot of HP and damaging attacks. Some of them can one-hit kill a FO. I knew there was a use for the invincible beast mode. And when you say force do you mean a H F acrotecher?

Ryna
Sep 26, 2008, 09:53 AM
I knew there was a use for the invincible beast mode. And when you say force do you mean a H F acrotecher?

I was talking about Human or Newman Fortetechers. I imagine the same would apply to Acrotechers.

Majarra
Sep 26, 2008, 09:54 AM
A full party can still wipe them out with no problems i imagine.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 26, 2008, 10:01 AM
A full party can still wipe them out with no problems i imagine.

heck here in about 3 hours or so we can whoop up on some of the guys there. Sounds like Magashi should be a lot of fun on S2

Darius_Drake
Sep 26, 2008, 10:47 AM
Sounds like too much fun. It will be nice to get a S2 party when I get home and run it just for that end confrontation. My beast is ready to cause major pain.

RufuSwho
Sep 26, 2008, 11:14 AM
dark line sheild, check

thanks for the tip Ryna

Alastor_Haven
Sep 26, 2008, 11:17 AM
Challenging

Well

Solo haha

Even as a party those magashi's fucking rape

Shadwitz
Sep 26, 2008, 11:19 AM
Yeah, we had a 5 person party on S2, and with only one person NOT 140. I gave up melee in order to use twin handguns, I was taking so much damage.

Hwang
Sep 26, 2008, 11:21 AM
nvm I'm dumb, use goggles on it <.>

Hwang
Sep 26, 2008, 11:26 AM
Well, that wasn't a very good idea, going solo on S, used all 10 scape dolls, all monomates/dimates/trimates/star atomizers..

Worst thing is, I didn't even manage to kill 1 of them ._.

Darius_Drake
Sep 26, 2008, 11:28 AM
Well, that wasn't a very good idea, going solo on S, used all 10 scape dolls, all monomates/dimates/trimates/star atomizers..

Worst thing is, I didn't even manage to kill 1 of them ._.

Oh yeah, now I really want to face them. I will be there all night.

Ryna
Sep 26, 2008, 11:38 AM
Regrant works fairly well for the last room. If you can pin a couple of the Magashi in a corner, it makes things a lot easier.

Majarra
Sep 26, 2008, 12:00 PM
Havent played it yet. But if they can be knocked down.....use the first part of rising crush [twin saber PA] or a full combo of assault crush[tiwn saber PA]. Both are buyable.

Kylie
Sep 26, 2008, 01:30 PM
Makes catlium cheaper. Kylie likes.

Hwang
Sep 26, 2008, 01:41 PM
Just got my first seed lab staff, of course I'm doing it on B so they only gave Beamguns :(

Darius_Drake
Sep 26, 2008, 01:51 PM
Makes catlium cheaper. Kylie likes.

I feel you on that. Catilium me likey.

SabZero
Sep 26, 2008, 02:16 PM
I found it quite difficult.

Female Beast Lv77 Lv11Fortefighter. Solo.

Tried S first, was rough, but made it to the last block. And then... needless to say I had to give up. Then I tried B, and still got my behind kicked by the last block, but I had forgotten to get scapes, otehrwise it'd been an S..

Anyway, I go to the next lobby, and it's only Granigs Mine!! FUBAR >_>

Xaeris
Sep 26, 2008, 02:34 PM
Just did S2 solo. Well, with NPCs. Yeah...holy ****. I won, thank Christ, but I had to use all of my scapes to do it.

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Sep 26, 2008, 02:38 PM
From what I have heard, people are saying that even a group of lv 140 characters fail this misson... they must be noobs...:-(

The mission CAN be accomplished, as long as you have a good party.

I found a relic edge in my 3rd mission, woot! My friend found a 33% Sparda.

Cybuster
Sep 26, 2008, 02:43 PM
They are a serious threat even for a party, but a group of 140 level characters canīt fail this mission unless they are really bad

Majarra
Sep 26, 2008, 03:59 PM
Why does everyone keep calling them "spardas"? Any way im shakin to play this. Needless to say, After a week or 2 its back to white beast.

Dragwind
Sep 26, 2008, 05:20 PM
I'm having quite a bit of fun with this mission. A tad easier on the gunner side I think.

Kizeragi
Sep 26, 2008, 05:34 PM
I'm having quite a bit of fun with this mission. A tad easier on the gunner side I think.

I agree with you, also theres a nice little place to shoot from during the Magashi battle. I still despite the Bead Groogles (or whatever <<)

Had a SEED-Lab Staff spawn too, dunno if my screens came out any good, if they're decent, I'll edit/upload them.

EDIT: http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii76/Kizeragi/psu20080926_230044_001.jpg

pikachief
Sep 26, 2008, 06:06 PM
i did this with a techer and another FF, and the techer kept dying to fast so she stayed dead, and then the other fighter was left and i had to kill the last 4 by myself D: (well i revived them at the last 2 cuz i was sure they could survive 2 of them lol)

fay
Sep 26, 2008, 06:15 PM
hard. damn those fregging magashis raped me. i couldnt even kill one and i see myself as a good character.
im lv 140 fortetecher lv 20 and all my spells are above lv 31. i seriously had no chance. i lost 10 scape dolls before i even kille done!

Dana
Sep 26, 2008, 06:35 PM
A friend and I both 115 duo'd it on S2 successfully. The Fo's are so cute--and strong. And the final room was difficult. There is a corner in the button left that can be used as a make-shift sanctuary for a brief moment, forcing the spawns to respawn--sometimes they land hits.

We were FT and FiG (not 20 either) ^^';

Sinue_v2
Sep 26, 2008, 07:22 PM
The boss wasn't very hard. I took my lvl 87 protranser into an S difficulty game and didn't come close to dying once. Guntechers who can spam Resta and use light arrow crossbow in the offhand are a huge bonus, as they free up the ForteTecher to spam Regrants. As long as you use blowback attacks like Mayalee Prism, Grenades, ect and keep him pinned against the walls - he's a piece of cake.

Solo might be a bit different, but even a small party can take him easy just by keeping him off his feet.

Otherwise, I like it. The rouge enemies don't look and act as generic as earlier counterparts - especially the FOs, and there's plenty of big enemies to keep me busy with freeze traps.

Neith
Sep 26, 2008, 07:53 PM
Solo might be a bit different, but even a small party can take him easy just by keeping him off his feet.

S2 is horrific unless you have a good party. Magashi is strong enough to kill my 140/20 Caseal Fortegunner in 2-3 hits, depending on which attacks he uses.

I tried soloing S2 earlier for a laugh. The mission (before Magashi) was a bit rough- the female Rogues do quite a bit of damage, and Lv150+ Bead Groodes are annoying as hell, especially being bullet resistant.

As for the Magashi army...I managed to kill 3 of them before running out of scapes. I'm not too sure what weapons to use against them as a Fortegunner, because they move around so quickly. Using a shotgun left me wide open, so I resorted to Twin Handguns and Machineguns, where I could strafe. Maybe a Crossbow would help, I don't know.

Hell of a fun mission though, it's great to have some challenge again (even if Magashi does drop crappy items)

DreXxiN
Sep 27, 2008, 01:34 AM
S2 is horrific unless you have a good party. Magashi is strong enough to kill my 140/20 Caseal Fortegunner in 2-3 hits, depending on which attacks he uses.

I tried soloing S2 earlier for a laugh. The mission (before Magashi) was a bit rough- the female Rogues do quite a bit of damage, and Lv150+ Bead Groodes are annoying as hell, especially being bullet resistant.

As for the Magashi army...I managed to kill 3 of them before running out of scapes. I'm not too sure what weapons to use against them as a Fortegunner, because they move around so quickly. Using a shotgun left me wide open, so I resorted to Twin Handguns and Machineguns, where I could strafe. Maybe a Crossbow would help, I don't know.

Hell of a fun mission though, it's great to have some challenge again (even if Magashi does drop crappy items)

I tried soloing with a crossbow..

..Didn't work. lol

ZyphNeko
Sep 27, 2008, 01:52 AM
The Magashi clone battle was very epic...I enjoyed this mission a lot. More than Flowery Pursuit anyway. It's fun to see a new challenge brought to us.
...Though, sadly, in a week or so, I'll see people running back to the Pavilion of Nub.

Anyway, even without all the fancy preperations like dark armor and light stuff and stuff, I managed to beat the mission twice with Zyroko just fine. First time was a solo C run to get a glimpse of the mission...and I still got tossed around like mad by the Magashi clones (Zyroko's a Lv 76 Acrotecher). Then I played S rank with a couple of buds, both techers. Only managed to die once. Yeah, it's fun stuff~.

But boo at the field lobby before the mission. And WHAT? Back to the also-lame Granigs mine lobby with no shiny new goal lobby? Sega's getting more lazy with the lobbies by each new area. It saddens me so.

Anyway... ... ...fun stuff.

Neko~

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 27, 2008, 02:33 AM
Using my fortegunner,doing the missions isnt all that difficult....but the room with the magashis.......that can be very bad....i normally use Rising shot and the machine gun/dagger combo in that room and SUV of course

Phoenix Healer
Sep 27, 2008, 07:04 AM
I was doing the new mission with 5 people on a b rank (im only lv 50 fortetecher) and we unlocked forest of illusion the rare mission. anyone else get this

Alastor_Haven
Sep 27, 2008, 07:09 AM
That just means you got a rare mission

Nothing more

You can get it via chance by each normal mission you do

depending on the planet

Kryslin
Sep 27, 2008, 07:21 AM
Made it to the last block, Soloing A (L113 GT20) (With Kurz and Tylor). Killed 6 Magashi before they gang-banged me, running through 7 scapes before abandoning (in less than 1 minute).

Edit : He can be zalured and frozen (Paradi Cataract), but no dice shocking or burning him (at least, I didn't get one to stick).

Will be going back later with high level light bullets and a shiny new dark % stormline...

Majarra
Sep 27, 2008, 11:43 AM
Are these the robots that make 360 users lag, charger or anyone else on 360? I thought some robots made missions slowdown and some didnt.

Neith
Sep 27, 2008, 03:34 PM
Made it to the last block, Soloing A (L113 GT20) (With Kurz and Tylor). Killed 6 Magashi before they gang-banged me, running through 7 scapes before abandoning (in less than 1 minute).

Edit : He can be zalured and frozen (Paradi Cataract), but no dice shocking or burning him (at least, I didn't get one to stick).

Will be going back later with high level light bullets and a shiny new dark % stormline...

I don't know if it's S2 exclusive, but Paradi does NOT Freeze Magashi- he just gets bounced off the floor a few times instead.

Kryslin
Sep 27, 2008, 04:00 PM
I don't know if it's S2 exclusive, but Paradi does NOT Freeze Magashi- he just gets bounced off the floor a few times instead.

I was on A difficulty, so that's possible. I had three frozen Magashi after the first firing killed the first three...

_Vyser_
Sep 27, 2008, 04:04 PM
All you need are two techers using regrants and it will be an easy win.

Gen2000
Sep 27, 2008, 11:41 PM
I was on A difficulty, so that's possible. I had three frozen Magashi after the first firing killed the first three...

It must be an Arank or lower thing because I never saw them Freeze at all on S or S2, that's why I use Sturm Attacker, mainly for the Burn SE to make up in damage.

Fortegunner parties (2+ and up) destroy Magashi Army but I find 'Techers better for solo. NPCs die too fast and even abusing the semi-safespot having all 3(or 4) Magashis focusing on you at once is just too much.