PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Worth coming back to?

Blue-Hawk
Sep 26, 2008, 11:21 PM
Is it really worth it for me to reactivate my Guradians License? I was thinking of doing it for a month or two but last I remember, it was akin to a ghost town. Do many people still play online on PC/PS2 servers anymore?

Sio
Sep 26, 2008, 11:35 PM
Aside from the new content the community has stayed about the same 2 stars at most at later hours if not somewhat worse unfortunatly, but I look at it this way. In comparison to other online games PSU basically forces us to be able to find a party of people to play with almost right away, rather then having to search a menu or wait for a party to form. So really if you want to play with someone, psu will do it the fastest. (assuming you play at the hot spot, possibly making friends and thus leading to playing other levels with others.)

Kinako78
Sep 27, 2008, 09:49 AM
If you come back, I might can mission with you. Just PM me if you want to meet online sometime.

Kamitoru
Sep 30, 2008, 06:58 AM
Hey I've been away from PSU for a few months (3-4) and I was wondering if I should comeback. I left originally cause I wanted more things to do besides S/S2 runs. I was 120 (the max lvl at the time). So what do u guys think?

TheBossman
Sep 30, 2008, 07:14 AM
max level is 140 now and theres tones of new things that should get your interest back into PSU..but your call

Kamitoru
Sep 30, 2008, 07:43 AM
I see, I'll sleep on it

GreenArcher
Sep 30, 2008, 09:40 AM
If you wanted more things to do than S/S2 runs, then you're still going to be bored.

BIGGIEstyle
Sep 30, 2008, 10:20 AM
The population has stayed the same if not worse as others said, but I don't know anyone who plays PSU for the population rather than for the friends they run with regularly.

If you decide to reactivate your account I'll run with you. Just Pm me here or go to BIGGIE's shop and BB me.

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 30, 2008, 10:38 AM
I've actually started up an organization to help get people back into the game and increase the population. It's called the S.O.S Brigade. We have an event coming up this Friday to help low level characters level up as well has helping people coming back a chance to get caught up.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=87955

System-Id
Sep 30, 2008, 10:41 AM
Your best bet to enjoy PSU at the fullest is to join a Guild or Hardcore group that plays often in my opinion. Thats why im still around cool people to hang out and kill things with lulz. Also try to look for a group that maybe uses Vent servers ^^; fun stuff.

Turb0
Sep 30, 2008, 10:53 AM
We have an event coming up this Friday to help low level characters level up as well has helping people coming back a chance to get caught up.

That actually sounds pretty nice. I might be interested in something similar for 360, although the missions might have to be altered thanks to our wonderful robot slowdown.

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 30, 2008, 11:02 AM
That actually sounds pretty nice. I might be interested in something similar for 360, although the missions might have to be altered thanks to our wonderful robot slowdown.

Well right now SOS is focusing on PC/PS2 servers since they are the ones hurting the most, when things get better we will start doing things for both servers.

Dragwind
Sep 30, 2008, 11:55 AM
There will always be people to play with if you play on Uni 2, or make new friends here at PSOW or other community sites.

You may also want to check the Player Matchup every so often: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

and the lounge: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Kamitoru
Sep 30, 2008, 05:08 PM
I do kinda miss whippin on mobs every now and then and the random conversations of ppl wasn't bad either. I guess I could come back

Ayures
Sep 30, 2008, 06:17 PM
I do kinda miss whippin on mobs every now and then and the random conversations of ppl wasn't bad either. I guess I could come back

That's what PSO and PSU are all about. :]

DavidNel
Oct 4, 2008, 08:03 AM
Title pretty much says it all. I've been without PSU for about a month now, and I was wondering if I should buy a new 6 month sub. Any ideas? My major question is, are there any new weapons that hold any value?

Thanks.

Tilye
Oct 5, 2008, 03:46 AM
Hello every one. I played for a wile about 6 months or so back and well my friend and I choose to start playing again today. But we have one minor problem, we are no longer max level. Back in the day every one ran white beast over and over. So what does every one run now to level? Thanks for any info you can pass along. My best to you all.

Oh yah DUH. We are playing on the PC

Alastor_Haven
Oct 5, 2008, 03:51 AM
Hahaha WB

Everyone's still running WB due to S2 Drops now
Yeah it's pretty sad

But at the moment

Everyone's running Bladed Legacy which is in Moatoob

Tilye
Oct 5, 2008, 03:55 AM
"HaHaHaHa" Now I am worried, did I step into something bad =p

Its all good I am cool with WB. New drops eh. Guess all my fun toys are no longer fun. Oh well ^_^
Thanks for the heads up.

Arika
Oct 5, 2008, 08:30 PM
If you are low level, yeah, ask somebody here to help you out.
Since it is hard to find random that play non-S2.

DarthLasek
Oct 6, 2008, 04:26 AM
I've actually started up an organization to help get people back into the game and increase the population. It's called the S.O.S Brigade. We have an event coming up this Friday to help low level characters level up as well has helping people coming back a chance to get caught up.

That sounds and looks like a very fun time and interesting idea. Unfortuneately....the percent of players that actually go to these forums are very small and the community is dead, and near impossible to revive without an event(personally I think having 3-4 events in a year is insane, people cap 1st to 2nd day) anyways....I am interested in leveling my alt if you ever have another one of these, I will gladly join and tell all my friends.