PDA

View Full Version : this really bothers me!

Angarwaen
Feb 1, 2003, 03:46 PM
now don't get me wrong here, I speak/read Japanese and I love the language, but I can't stand american players who know a little japanese (or a lot) and shove it other peoples faces.
For example, very often I see people in lobbies who use basic japanese words and phrases over and over. I don't understand what they are trying to do?? it's so annoying and since most american players don't speak any japanese it is rude to speak to them in it.
One day I was in a lobby with some friends and a FOnewearl came in, she was signed on in Japanese and was speaking it, but I could tell she wasn't japanese by the way she typed. Someone in the lobby asked if she lived in japan and she said "hai" (yes). Now, I have a lot of Japanese friends irl and on PSO, and if they speak English, they are smart enough not to reply to an English question from a non speaking japanese person, in japanese!! Espically if it's somthing as easy as the word 'yes'
so I asked the girl for her guild card, and sure enough, the number at the top was for US PSO, not the japanese version. and I seriously doubt that someone in Japan would buy the US version.
I just don't understand why people have to flaunt that they know some japanese and annoy the hell out of people with it.
If you want to sign on in japanese and have a conversation, then go find someone who can do the same. Be more respectful to other players!

Ness
Feb 1, 2003, 05:24 PM
Why am I haveing falshbacks from "Social Tip of the Day"?

Anyway...

I agree people who talk in foriegn languages just to show that they can are stupid.

Guile
Feb 1, 2003, 10:07 PM
Yeah that gets annoying...just cuz you know a few words of a language does'nt mean you speak it..

Ian D
Feb 1, 2003, 11:55 PM
Ugh, I hate those kind of people. The ones that pretend they are Japanese and worship anything that's Japanese, just because it's Japanese. It really pisses me off.

angelzeero
Feb 3, 2003, 04:22 AM
You can always kill them, but probably don't...

CajunSamurai
Feb 3, 2003, 05:18 AM
But it's so uber-kawaii baka desu-ka! ^_^;;;;;

SHOOT me. Actually, I think I've gotten used to this bastardized form of using 10 words from a foreign language constantly... Americans certainly aren't the only ones that do it. One only needs to go to http://www.engrish.com to discover some truly horrible bastardizations of English. WAI~~ ()>_<;;;;;;;;;;;;;

SorceressofTime
Feb 3, 2003, 05:37 AM
i agree. people like that who think they're top shit in the language they're trying to speak should just be booted off from playing online.

of course, i'd like to play with someone who is japanese and understands english so they can help me with my japanese :s