PDA

View Full Version : Which is better?

CrimsomWolf
Sep 27, 2008, 08:25 AM
Armored Core 4 or Star Wars: Force Unleashed.

I'm thinking about getting one for little holiday we have here, but can't quite decide.

And I value FKL more than crappy game info pages...

Opinions? Other suggestions?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Crimsom.

Randomness
Sep 27, 2008, 10:40 AM
Unleashed is pretty good. Not much in the way of story, but plenty of good old fashioned slaughter in it. I don't recommend starting higher than Sith Warrior difficulty, because theres not much room for error on Master. (And none on Lord) Theres 10 or so levels, plenty of enemies. Doesn't take too long to beat the first time, but theres decent replay value in collecting all the holocrons and in beating the higher difficulties.

Bosses range from jokes (The rogue jedi inthe prologue level-easy even on Sith Lord), to hell-on-earth (Kazdan Paratus, final dark side boss)

TalHex
Sep 27, 2008, 10:49 AM
i don't really know much about either game but from what i've seen of the graphics in force unleashed they are pretty good

Zarode
Sep 27, 2008, 11:09 AM
Armored Core 4 and For Answer are both bad. You have to be big on mech games, no.

HUGE.

On mech games to like it. And it has too many flaws to make it enjoyable after that... :disapprove: Go with Star Wars, I got more enjoyment out of it.

Weeaboolits
Sep 27, 2008, 11:41 AM
I haven't played either, but Armored Core is about hueg robits, so I'd have to lean toward that.

Meyfei
Sep 27, 2008, 11:53 AM
Huge Robots, Gundams, lazers (Pew Pew), explosions, FUN!!! <-- Fact :)

Zarode
Sep 27, 2008, 11:58 AM
Eh, the only fun I had was when I found out I'M RUNNING OUT OF AMMO OGOD HE'S GOT A LASER SWORD FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF RUN RUN RUN

D:

TalHex
Sep 27, 2008, 12:15 PM
which game has more killer lolis? this is crucial to deciding which game to buy

Meyfei
Sep 27, 2008, 12:24 PM
Killer loli's eh?

i'd say that higurashi game lol :wacko:

best mech game i'v played would be C21 only prob my comp hates it now and all i get is a black screen :disapprove:

Larian
Sep 27, 2008, 12:37 PM
i'd say that higurashi game lol :wacko:

Which one...there are like 5 or so...

And as for which game...I have yet to try either but using The Apprentice in SCIV is really fricken fun...so I would play Force Unleashed to see if it was any good...

TalHex
Sep 27, 2008, 12:51 PM
are any in english or all japanese?

Larian
Sep 27, 2008, 01:05 PM
Don't think so...but that would be fun the wiki page for them makes them sound like murder mysteries...Games like that are fun.

Outrider
Sep 27, 2008, 01:07 PM
Eh, giant robots are nice, but few things give as many awesome points as a lightsaber.

TalHex
Sep 27, 2008, 01:12 PM
yeah then again there are tons of games that japan gets that we don't (i'm looking at you .hack//fragment)

Larian
Sep 28, 2008, 02:12 AM
So I do have the official Starwars is better recommendation!! My buddy Steve said that it is clearly better than AC4 over sushi yesterday...yes it is tomorrow now isn't it?

Mixfortune
Sep 28, 2008, 06:20 AM
Samba de Amigo for the Wii.
Do it!

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 07:36 AM
You should get Steel Battalion. :wacko:

Nothing is better than a controller with forty buttons on it.

Solstis
Sep 28, 2008, 08:12 AM
Samba de Amigo for the Wii.
Do it!

I had some Samba Maracas in PSO. Like half of the things I had, they were probably hacked or dupes I got in a trade.

But oh so fun.

Larian
Sep 28, 2008, 12:57 PM
Never got those...But I did get an awesome set of Psycoguns from a friend that quit the game...

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 02:30 PM
Larian, the Samba Maracas are an Offline Challenge Mode reward. If you get some friends together, you can still get a pair of those.

Larian
Sep 28, 2008, 04:32 PM
I suck at Challenge Mode...So much that the undisputed goddess of Challenge Mode couldn't even get me through! =(

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 04:54 PM
Well, you can learn to get better at it. :wacko:

What class are you using?

Larian
Sep 28, 2008, 05:18 PM
I've been a HUmar since the beginning and will stay till the very end! =D

Zarode
Sep 28, 2008, 05:20 PM
I've been a HUmar since the beginning and will stay till the very end! =D

Pst.

Dude.

HUmars suck at C-Mode. (BECAUSE THERE ARE BETTER CHOICES, NOT BECAUSE OF LOL HUMARS SUCK STFU) ;( Use HUcaseal or HUcast.

Larian
Sep 28, 2008, 05:23 PM
I do have a HUcaseal...now I just need to get some friends together...

Zarode
Sep 28, 2008, 05:25 PM
A great way to get people for C-Mode is to dance.

Like crazy.

And claim that REAL PEOPLE ONLY DO C-MODE and the bird call you should hear back is HEL YEA.

:wacko:

Post on your server's forum, and try to find some people like that. Also, HUcaseals are the best rangers for C-Mode. Get a handgun early on and you'll be fine.

SpikeOtacon
Sep 28, 2008, 05:53 PM
Armored Core is only a series for die hard (with a screaming for vengeance) fans of the series. It is frustratingly difficult but the mech customization is top notch. If you're into micromanagement you'll at least get some enjoyment out of that.

I've seen a lot of criticism for TFU but I cannot say anything about that because I have yet to play the full game. The Demo was a lot of fun, but I am concerned if they can keep that feeling of power for a full game.

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 07:57 PM
Post on your server's forum, and try to find some people like that. Also, HUcaseals are the best rangers for C-Mode. Get a handgun early on and you'll be fine.

I think I used a Handgun when I went through it as a HUcaseal. That, and a pair of daggers that I got. Those were nice.

I still recommend Steel Battalion if you want a mech game. I just wish the robots moved a little faster. :wacko:

Tessu
Sep 28, 2008, 07:59 PM
Armored Core 'cause it's not Star Wars.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 28, 2008, 08:02 PM
Armored Core 'cause I don't know what Star Wars is.
I'd say Armored Core, but apparently that game is pretty hardcore.

Randomness
Sep 28, 2008, 08:16 PM
Also, HUcaseals are the best rangers for C-Mode. Get a handgun early on and you'll be fine.

C-mode:Promoting cast supremacy 24/7. (Yay for HUcasts, HUcaseals, and a lone FO)

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 08:49 PM
Does PSU even have a Challenge Mode? That would certainly be interesting. :wacko:

TalHex
Sep 28, 2008, 08:52 PM
nope, nor does it have battle mode

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 08:59 PM
I think Challenge Mode would be fun, but Battle Mode would be horrible in PSU. Then again, I've never played PSU. So, what do I know? :wacko:

Majarra
Sep 28, 2008, 09:54 PM
Havent played either but i heard you can make wookies fly off buildings and bridges....so that one sounds like epiclolz

Mixfortune
Sep 29, 2008, 05:37 AM
Pst.

Dude.

HUmars suck at C-Mode. (BECAUSE THERE ARE BETTER CHOICES, NOT BECAUSE OF LOL HUMARS SUCK STFU) ;( Use HUcaseal or HUcast.

I'd be less worried about a person who can play PSO playing a HUmar in CMode than a person who hasn't played PSO before playing CMode. Since it'll be offline, that'll be the biggest hurdle if you're the only one you know who's even heard of the game before.

Larian
Sep 29, 2008, 04:37 PM
Well...all the people around me are pretty decent at the game. They all have played, but my only problem is trying to get them away from wow long enough to do it! =/

Tact
Sep 29, 2008, 05:02 PM
Ooh, they play World of Warcraft? Which servers/servers are they on? :wacko:

Larian
Sep 29, 2008, 05:17 PM
The Alliance guild is on Blackhand...They are called Unfinished Tale. They have a Hordie guild on Ghostlands too, but I have no idea what its called...But like 85% of my friends and both of my roommates are in UT. :wacko: