PDA

View Full Version : Are we ever gonna get the other spells?

doomkilledu
Sep 27, 2008, 11:17 PM
Are we ever gonna get them cause i look on the photon art list and there are like 2 spells we dont have and the Meseta Fury for the MG are we ever gonna get them?

Sasamichan
Sep 27, 2008, 11:25 PM
Eventually. If not, never. I couldn't care less about Retnis and Dizas. They will never be on my PA list.

doomkilledu
Sep 27, 2008, 11:31 PM
Eventually. If not, never. I couldn't care less about Retnis and Dizas. They will never be on my PA list.

lol i'd have them just to have them considering i have all the rest

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 28, 2008, 02:09 AM
Offline, Rentis and Dizas aren't too bad. I could live without them though.

Ramadonis
Sep 28, 2008, 02:12 AM
What I would like is a real Dark Falz. Program DF and Dark God's bosses are jokes >_> We need an epic DF fight. >_<

Sorry for the rant, but yeah, those techs seem rather...meh.

Majarra
Sep 28, 2008, 09:51 AM
Does it get other members to? Or is like megistar?

-Jet-
Sep 28, 2008, 10:20 AM
We need Meseta Fury to even out the economy for the 360!

WhiteKnight01
Sep 28, 2008, 10:20 AM
well it used to hit everyone but a while back they changed the pm so she can only his herself with them. That could be just the pm or it could be the techs alogether

shintaHakamashi
Sep 28, 2008, 10:32 AM
We need Meseta Fury to even out the economy for the 360!

u know what meseta fury does right? it spends ur meseta to shot bullets. so how is that going to even out the f up economy on 360? it not it just gonna blow ur meseta then u wont have money.

also the rizas and diaz i dont think will come out cause it like a magic and pyshical sheild if i am right..? at higher i think it protects pt memebers too...? soooooo basicly ur godly.

Dragwind
Sep 28, 2008, 10:49 AM
I don't have any proof of it, but I believe it was confirmed that Dizas and Rentis would never be released online.

DAMASCUS
Sep 28, 2008, 11:14 AM
The only chance for new spells online might come with the next(last) expansion which wouldn't be for another year at least.

I can't believe there are no other light attacks. Between that light ball attack and what should be Grants I would think something new could be available then.

Genoa
Sep 28, 2008, 11:23 AM
I can see Dizas and Rentis being abused horrendously. Not to mention it would be simple to cast as an AT + Har/Quick. And since it isn't based off of TP, all techers can use it just fine. Not exactly sure how PA levels effect the techs, is it +1 ring section at 11 and 21? Even so, what would 31 and 41 do? Just increase PP cost? <_>.
Even so, a MF + Har/Quick would abuse the hell out of this tech. So what if the PP cost is high, everyone has charges.

Kylie
Sep 28, 2008, 11:40 AM
Offline, Rentis and Dizas aren't too bad. I could live without them though.
Seconded. On than the other hand, I don't see why we have to wait for them. Not like anyone's dying to have them like other photon arts have been.

-Jet-
Sep 28, 2008, 12:44 PM
u know what meseta fury does right? it spends ur meseta to shot bullets. so how is that going to even out the f up economy on 360? it not it just gonna blow ur meseta then u wont have money.

Derrr, I know what meseta fury does. That's the point. The economy is so screwed up that the only way I see it being fixed is for people to burn meseta out of the game.

AerisZeal
Sep 28, 2008, 02:53 PM
I really can't see em as being abused all that much. They're a joke if applied to the situations we get online. I was hit about five times in the air from those Magashi clones at the end of Bladed Legacy, didn't even land and I was already dead. They'd of hit me more but I ran outta HP. :lol:

I'd imagine they'd have a PP cap on em like Killer Shot, three hits is more than enough without making you god. They also have an extremely limited range, so small in fact that character models hafta be pretty much on top of one another in order for them to hit. Coordinating such teamwork would be beyond most everyone, not everyone, but most. That means casting em on the fly is a no no, waste of pp. Unless everyone is fighting as a lil bunched up mass. (Lil bunched up mass like... backs touching.) They also can't be raised like a buff, in order to level them a ring has to be missing, so they're more on par with Resta.

They've already been adequately nerfed, they made sure of it on release. And while I'm with the people who could live without them, it'd be nice to have all the spells out online. Especially since it's not as game breaking as they might seem. :wacko:

Genoa
Sep 28, 2008, 02:59 PM
Wasn't exactly referring to party use, just self-preservation. You could in many situations, just make yourself invincible. I see techers having it on almost all their tech weapons (or other casting weapon if it isn't rod) spamming it right when they run out.

Besides, PSU is easy enough as is >_>

thematesV2
Sep 28, 2008, 04:29 PM
@shintaHakamashi

yes, thats what it does, and yes, we do need it to even out the economy. as there is no useful way for meseta to go away in PSU, meseta just keeps flooding the economy. no-one spends lots of meseta at the npc shops, because there is nothing you can't buy from user shops that costs alot.... the market needs for money to dissapear, or else money will have even less value, and prices will go up, untill there is no balance whatsoever.. some people say this has already happened.

Majarra
Sep 28, 2008, 09:20 PM
Hey if you guys are complaining about meseta[360] ill sure as hell take it.

thunder-ray
Sep 28, 2008, 09:51 PM
I say to hell with rentis and dizas ill never use those techs. However I want more light techs >_<.

Umberger
Sep 28, 2008, 10:00 PM
Not exactly sure how PA levels effect the techs, is it +1 ring section at 11 and 21? Even so, what would 31 and 41 do? Just increase PP cost? <_>.

I vaguely remember a post on this board stating that online, Dizas and Rentis aren't 100% damage reduction, but rather they absorb something like a certain % of your health in damage (e.g. if you have 2000 health it would absorb 200 damage) and then the rest, if any, is dealt to you. Something like that...so it'd probably just be more damage reduction at a higher level.

Tetsaru
Sep 28, 2008, 10:17 PM
Techs I would like to see come out:

Gimegid (sorry, but Megiverse sucks ass imo)
Damzonde (why isn't there one? maybe it could work similar to PSO's Gizonde as a sort of "chain-lightning" attack...)
Nos- techs for all other elements
more offensive light element techs, such as PSO's Grants

Really, I think we just need some new PA's period, especially for gunners, since most of our "ultimate" ones are crap anyway.

I'd like to see at least 4 different PA's for every melee weapon, too - some weapons like twin sabers have this many, but newer weapons like slicers and whips still only have 2.

I wouldn't mind seeing Meseta Fury being released, as I feel it would help solve all the "look at me with my 50 stacks of meseta and I can buy anything" problem in some ways (if it's balanced properly and people actually use it). I don't like machine guns, and I'm always broke, so I'd never use it though, lol...

As for Dizas and Rentis, I wouldn't mind seeing them either, as long as they weren't broken... it'd give AT's and other support classes something new to use. Though, I think if Sega just rebalanced some of the "useless" stats like DFP and MST a bit, it would be more beneficial.

Kumlekar
Sep 29, 2008, 12:24 AM

also the rizas and diaz i dont think will come out cause it like a magic and pyshical sheild if i am right..? at higher i think it protects pt memebers too...? soooooo basicly ur godly.

... Thats the point, economy on all servers is vastly inflated. Too much meseta in the system.

Marron_Shido
Sep 29, 2008, 07:30 AM
I still wanna know why we still don't have grants? We should have gotten grants the same time we got megid if you ask me. :D

DjDragoon
Sep 29, 2008, 08:40 AM
I still wanna know why we still don't have grants? We should have gotten grants the same time we got megid if you ask me. :D

Word. I dunno why but the amount of PAs we got from the expansion is a joke. Its kinda sad how they picked out only half the melee weapons to give new PAs to and not caring about Axe, Dagger, Sword, Spear, and Saber lovers. If they do release those 2 other spells then I hope ST has some undiscovered PAs for the other classes ready to be released as well.

sephiroth115
Sep 29, 2008, 08:41 AM
I don't know about the 2 spells, but I agree that we need more light attacks. I would like to see the light ball attack that monsters use. And possibly more nos- spells, could you imagine a homing ice wall?

shintaHakamashi
Sep 29, 2008, 10:02 AM
ya ok so u get rid of meseta k. but prices will still stay high. why? because u can still farm tons of meseta. for example. her secret mission. 24000 for a S. let see people spam that 5 times hmmmm 120000 meseta right there. econ was screwed when u got missions that dropped large amounts. thus prices inflated and u have people with 9 stacks of meseta and also thus bringing in meseta sellers. god i remember back in the day when a mil was like saying ur god. A few things could be done about this problem:

1. sega could wipe all meseta but that would p every off and game would truly die in heartbeat. which they cant do that cause there goes their money and rep, there for no one would buy there newer phantasy star games. Also wouldnt matter because missions drop anywhere from 1k-23k.

2. they could lower how much meseta u get and it be like the old days where a mil meant u where stinkin rich.

3.Put meseta fury in to try and kill the flow of money but wont cause u have people that play this game like its there religion 24/7/365 and half days a year. Their for having no life but to play psu till they die, or finally they wake up and smell the coffee to see how crappy it got. Also 1 more problem with this PA is seriously. U DONT HAVE TO USE IT BECAUSE ITS UR CHAR :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. raise how much meseta you can carry at one time. which if this happens lord knows how freakin high prices will go then :P

thematesV2
Sep 29, 2008, 12:32 PM
yea, sometimes i feel like the expansion is just a bundle of stuff we should have gotten in updates...

Calibur
Sep 29, 2008, 12:37 PM
yea, sometimes i feel like the expansion is just a bundle of stuff we should have gotten in updates...

Thats the Sega way....

They probably have a HDD in the office, with most of the stuff already made.

Majarra
Sep 29, 2008, 01:46 PM
yea, sometimes i feel like the expansion is just a bundle of stuff we should have gotten in updates...Really does....10 missions or somethin like that.and thats the main thing.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 30, 2008, 02:00 AM
Thats the Sega way....

They probably have a HDD in the office, with most of the stuff already made.

It's on the DISK!

It's always been on the game disk. Back in PSO, hacked Red Rings, TJs, unreleased items, all of them were on the disk. The only things bound to the online service are the online only quests and their source for design new ones.