View Full Version : does this emo

TalHex
Sep 28, 2008, 12:51 PM
remind you guys of persona?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53_k6q3VcZ0&feature=related

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 01:16 PM
Um, wow, it almost does. :wacko:

We must find this when/if it is released in the United States.

Kard
Sep 28, 2008, 01:24 PM
Persona meets Viewtiful Joe.

TalHex
Sep 28, 2008, 01:34 PM
i know it looks awesome, its called ghost X incase you didn't see... but its korean only... meh...

Kard
Sep 28, 2008, 01:47 PM
I'm not too crazy about the looks of this one, but generally I still think Koreans are lucky with their over-saturated MMO space - especially with all the Korean only stuff. I'm sure most of these games are practically the same, being MMOs and all, but there's bound to be plenty of good picks within that mass.

I'm still waiting for Aion. -.-;

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 01:49 PM
S4 went from Korea to the rest of the world. With any luck, the same thing will happen here.

Zarode
Sep 28, 2008, 01:55 PM
i know it looks awesome, its called ghost X incase you didn't see... but its korean only... meh...

But it's korean onry....

Korean grind MMO! Hooray! :wacko:

TalHex
Sep 28, 2008, 02:06 PM
mm yeah but from the game play it looks more like the hack and slash kind...

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 02:10 PM
mm yeah but from the game play it looks more like the hack and slash kind...

The title of hack-and-slash doesn't automatically remove the grinding aspect from the game. :wacko:

Kard
Sep 28, 2008, 02:15 PM
Yeah, it's an MMO; grinding is pretty much a given. It's part of what defines RPGs in general. Personally I prefer action-type games with a hack-and-slash style battle system, as it gets the player more involved and active, as opposed to turn-based or auto-attack systems. Maybe Talon was addressing that.

TalHex
Sep 28, 2008, 02:17 PM
yeah hack and slash is a lot better then auto attack or turn-based... it makes it more like a fighting game and gives more room for skill, plus would you rather click at an enemy and have your character mindlessly attack or would you rather attack yourself from a list of several attacks?

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 02:22 PM
I don't have a lot of skill in fighting games, so I prefer the auto-attack system.

My only way of winning in Soul Calibur 2 was by using Link's super-cheap throws. :wacko:

TalHex
Sep 28, 2008, 02:37 PM
heh, i loved using link, my friends always try to rush me, nothing better then cutting that short with a bomb directly to the face XD

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 02:44 PM
Link Bomb, apply directly to the forehead! Link Bomb, apply directly to the forehead! :wacko:

I just used his awesome Ring-Out throws.

TalHex
Sep 28, 2008, 02:48 PM
heh arrows directly to the gut was always effective too, you could always sneak in a sword hit or two at the enemy on the way down if you timed it right

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 02:50 PM
Okay, enough Soul Calibur. It is now time to talk more about online role-playing games. :wacko:

TalHex
Sep 28, 2008, 02:53 PM
you know when i was making this topic i was so tempted to put as the title "does this mmo make my butt look big?"

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 02:59 PM
"does this mmo make my butt look big?"

That's a loaded question, and you know it. Guys, if your girlfriend ever asks you that, you should prepare for trouble.

TalHex
Sep 28, 2008, 03:04 PM
Tal's solution to the question of doom: Do you really need to ask me that? you know what i think of you, wouldn't you get a more unbiased decision by asking... *grabs the sales rep and brings him/her over* this person?

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 03:08 PM
Tal's solution to the question of doom: Do you really need to ask me that? you know what i think of you, wouldn't you get a more unbiased decision by asking... *grabs the sales rep and brings him/her over* this person?

Well, they could think that you're trying to dodge the question and that you do think it makes their butt look big. :disapprove:

No matter what you do, they could take the answer as a "yes."

Kard
Sep 28, 2008, 03:15 PM
I didn't know that question still existed in 2008... Big butts are as popular as ever, and in marked abundance in public these days. ":3

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 03:17 PM
That's only in the United States, Kard. People are much slimmer on other parts of the planet.

Also, there is such a thing as a thin person in the United States. :disapprove:

Kard
Sep 28, 2008, 03:26 PM
Oh I wasn't making a fat joke, though I can see how it seemed that way. Seriously, having been to parts of the U.K., the U.S. and the Caribbean within the past year alone, and having lived in all these places for years at different points in my life, I can easily say it's not exactly hard to find plenty of scantily-clad females of all varieties parading around in public, no matter where you go. But that's nothing you don't already know!

My point being that the self-conscious notion of 'my butt being too big!' doesn't seem very prevalent at all anymore these days. :wacko:

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 03:28 PM
Maybe we've all taken into consideration that someone, somewhere, has a bigger butt than ours. :wacko:

Kard
Sep 28, 2008, 03:32 PM
No matter where you go, no matter what you do, there's always someone out there with a bigger butt than you ...(rs)!

pikachief
Sep 28, 2008, 03:35 PM
That's a loaded question, and you know it. Guys, if your girlfriend ever asks you that, you should prepare for trouble.

lol I hope im never asked that question by a girl :(

if its not i'll say no of course not but if it is big...... LULZ

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 03:35 PM
No matter where you go, no matter what you do, there's always someone out there with a bigger butt than you ...(rs)!

If you're a little kid, there might very well be someone with a butt bigger than you. :wacko:

pikachief
Sep 28, 2008, 03:37 PM
If you're a little kid, there might very well be someone with a butt bigger than you. :wacko:

i know people with butts bigger than me ._.

Kard
Sep 28, 2008, 03:38 PM

Aha, true enough. Sillycat. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/bakadl/Misc/oooohBOO.gif

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 03:40 PM
if its not i'll say no of course not but if it is big...... LULZ

Knowing you, that's a likely possibility. :wacko:

The moral of this thread is, "Watch out for loaded 'doom questions' from your girlfriends/wives."

TalHex
Sep 28, 2008, 04:38 PM
arg! i got mod haxed!

Shadowpawn
Sep 28, 2008, 04:46 PM
arg! i got mod haxed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMSMkQZmizE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7p4mioawIA

TalHex
Sep 28, 2008, 04:55 PM
ah a very good choice of video shadowpawn, love your taste in 'this video is no longer available'

Shadowpawn
Sep 28, 2008, 05:47 PM
I know, TVINLA is the shit. However I have a soft spot for "malformed url"! <3

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 06:02 PM
I know, TVINLA is the shit. However I have a soft spot for "malformed url"! <3

Another popular one is "DYWYPI?" (Do You Want Your Possessions Identified?) :wacko:

Ranmaru
Sep 28, 2008, 06:19 PM
Its still there. I wonder why that happens when ever you copy and paste a youtube link? (always happens to me)

Shadowpawn
Sep 28, 2008, 06:26 PM
It depends on if the owner wants the video embeddable or not. If the owner of the video disables embedding the video then that message will appear.

Ranmaru
Sep 28, 2008, 06:42 PM
Ah I see. Meh, probaly so that people don't steal vids and say its their own creation?

Shadowpawn
Sep 28, 2008, 06:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiapRKY9rpY

Tact
Sep 28, 2008, 07:00 PM
That's very creepy. I wonder what happened that caused him to go into that yelling sequence.