people getting kicked for no reason?
wtf?

Cracka_J
Sep 27, 2008, 08:27 PM
Really Messed Up.
Im not taking part of PSUnity**
people getting kicked for no reason?
wtf?

PSUnity is dead before it starts. GG guys.
Banning people at a group meeting is an awesome way to begin.

Do not support these guys.

Sidney
Sep 27, 2008, 09:09 PM
What on earth is PSUnity?

System-Id
Sep 27, 2008, 09:11 PM
What on earth is PSUnity?
Exactly.

RubyEclipse
Sep 28, 2008, 12:50 AM
I don't generally jump in on this, but the PSUnity stuff has good intentions and people behind it, and I think the truth should probably be known.

If players want to spam and disrupt a meeting where players are honestly trying to help our community, then they should take it elsewhere. In this case, the player was warned via text, then kicked as a secondary warning, and then finally temp banned when they came back and started spamming again.

You're welcome to have your fun, but don't do so at the cost of others, or the pro-community events they're trying to create. This was far from a 'no-reason' kick, and the fact that it's being one-sidedly reported as such is something that should be corrected.

From here any debate would just cause drama, and that's not something I'm going to hop into. For the sake of their efforts, however, it is worth noting that this temp ban was my call as a spectator at the meeting, and not theirs. If you want to disagree with it, take it up with me via PM and we can talk, but please don't go blaming their efforts for personal reasons.

Cracka_J
Sep 28, 2008, 12:17 PM
If players want to spam and disrupt a meeting where players are honestly trying to help our community, then they should take it elsewhere. In this case, the player was warned via text, then kicked as a secondary warning, and then finally temp banned when they came back and started spamming again.

The player in question was told to "SHUT THE FUCK UP" with no warnings or indication that anyone there was going to be distributing a PUNISHMENT for having some fun AFTER THE MEETING WAS TOLD TO BE OVER.

You're welcome to have your fun, but don't do so at the cost of others, or the pro-community events they're trying to create. This was far from a 'no-reason' kick, and the fact that it's being one-sidedly reported as such is something that should be corrected.

There was nothing even seriously discussed at this gathering, and the issues that were such a clusterfuck, that me, someone just sitting there and actually TRYING to pay attention what what was going on, was totally lost in the commotion. NOT BY REGULUS, BUY BY THE PEOPLE ORGANIZING THIS BULLSHIT.

From here any debate would just cause drama, and that's not something I'm going to hop into. For the sake of their efforts, however, it is worth noting that this temp ban was my call as a spectator at the meeting, and not theirs. If you want to disagree with it, take it up with me via PM and we can talk, but please don't go blaming their efforts for personal reasons.

Then state your fucking purpose and put a goddamn disclaimer that you will be handing out possible bans at a community "unity" discussion. This was not right, you of all people should know this. Reg is a player that's been here since the beginning man, he's done a shitload more for keeping players into this community, then any of these other posers that wanted some notion of power through this gathering.

We know what happened here, you can say whatever you want to put your spin on it. I will personally do whatever I can to put an end to this bullshit their calling "unity". You have my word on that.

Powder Keg
Sep 28, 2008, 12:56 PM
Regrant is definitely a godsend for that battle.

I don't generally jump in on this, but the PSUnity stuff has good intentions and people behind it, and I think the truth should probably be known.

Nothing short of pathetic, sorry.

Namine
Sep 28, 2008, 02:47 PM
The player in question was told to "SHUT THE FUCK UP" with no warnings or indication that anyone there was going to be distributing a PUNISHMENT for having some fun AFTER THE MEETING WAS TOLD TO BE OVER.

There was no 'SHUT THE FUCK UP' said(atleast from the time I got there), these are the only two instances I see(times are 1.) 13 hours ahead of EST & 2.) may be slightly off from your logs, but just copy the text and paste in the ctrl-f function to find them):

10:15:37 bill cosby, please shut up
10:13:44 Jose, Costby, Stop the spamming.

I got there slightly before 9PM EST(which is apparently when the meeting was to start), atleast according to the topic on the official forums(unless they posted it somewhere else saying it was moved ahaead). For something that had ended, no one was leaving.

There was nothing even seriously discussed at this gathering, and the issues that were such a clusterfuck, that me, someone just sitting there and actually TRYING to pay attention what what was going on, was totally lost in the commotion. NOT BY REGULUS, BUY BY THE PEOPLE ORGANIZING THIS BULLSHIT.

From my understanding, the goal of the meeting was finding ways to help promote PSU for the PC/PS2 servers, and with a group of like 50 people it can take some time to get things flowing. While it may have been hard to pay attention with any of the other spam(though I didn't notice any other spam), adding to to the spam doesn't help the meeting either. Its just being respectful. After you left there some was progress made.

Then state your fucking purpose and put a goddamn disclaimer that you will be handing out possible bans at a community "unity" discussion. This was not right, you of all people should know this. Reg is a player that's been here since the beginning man, he's done a shitload more for keeping players into this community, then any of these other posers that wanted some notion of power through this gathering.

As Ruby said he showed up as a spectator, so how do you put a disclaimer up for someone deciding to show up at a gathering. As for a actual disclaimer, I would say the TOS counts as that under disruptive/abusive behavior

We know what happened here, you can say whatever you want to put your spin on it. I will personally do whatever I can to put an end to this bullshit their calling "unity". You have my word on that.

Your putting your own spin on it as well. Saying Regulus is innocent isn't right, in the approximately 15 minutes from when I got there to when he was kicked & then temp banned, he made 45 messages, about 10 of them weren't spam.

Cracka_J
Sep 28, 2008, 03:09 PM
10:04:34 <Public> *name edited*(XXXXXXXX)
stfu bill!

10:10:17 <Public> *name edited*(XXXXXXXX)
STFU

10:10:22 <Public> *name edited*(XXXXXXXX)
OR GTFO OUT

yeah, I can copy/paste selective conversation from my chat log too, nam.
I also never said that reg was innocent. I said that the way the situation was approached and the method used to fix/resolve it were not right.

System-Id
Sep 28, 2008, 03:10 PM
10:04:34 <Public> (20021225)
stfu bill!

10:10:17 <Public> (20021225)
STFU

10:10:22 <Public> (20021225)
OR GTFO OUT

yeah, I can copy/paste selective conversation from my chat log too, nam.

Love Drama<3
and Rude People
that cant ask politely to be quiet ;-)

Ryna
Sep 28, 2008, 03:17 PM
If you guys want to continue this conversation, use the Private Messaging system.