PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 down!!!

TheBossman
Sep 29, 2008, 07:28 AM
i forget whens it come back up?

Kizeragi
Sep 29, 2008, 07:30 AM
It's down until tomorrow, a full 24 hour pretty much.

S4CT4L1TY
Sep 29, 2008, 07:30 AM
so while live is down and psu is not available whats every1 else doing to pass time

btw. does any know when live will be back on?

Kizeragi
Sep 29, 2008, 07:40 AM
Not doing anything on my Xbox really. Xbox Live is down for a 24 hour period.

TheBossman
Sep 29, 2008, 07:46 AM
wow thats dumb soon as we get grinding boost and all servers go down owell madden here i come

DarkEliteRico
Sep 29, 2008, 08:06 AM
was about to say what a dumb one you are, usually they'll take the majority of the day to prepare a update. Hopefully they'll be back on before too long I'm guessing around 9-10 PM lol.

Have fun with Maddens franchise mode seeing as you can't play that now either online.

thematesV2
Sep 29, 2008, 08:34 AM
working...

DarkEliteRico
Sep 29, 2008, 08:47 AM
Working for a few more hours, then when i get hom from seeing my probation officer i'll be playing GTA till tomorrow

shadowsniper6
Sep 29, 2008, 09:00 AM
i will be sleeping

joefro
Sep 29, 2008, 09:35 AM
I'm waiting for a class to start in a freezing auditorium. I'll probably play Castle Crashers and Rock Band 2 when I get home, instead of PSU.

sephiroth115
Sep 29, 2008, 09:38 AM
working, then maybe I'll play FFTA2 on the DS

Majarra
Sep 29, 2008, 09:49 AM
Awful. Ive been at my grandmas too long and im about to kill myself due to lack of entertainment.

CromartieDude
Sep 29, 2008, 10:01 AM
Well i'm on this site right now and watching steel angel kurumi which i haven't seen in like 5 years, but i'm probably going to play.......umm....i guess i'll get back to you on that when i find an exciting game to play -_-'

shintaHakamashi
Sep 29, 2008, 10:07 AM
carring my normal daily life out as have for past 24 years :D

shadowsniper6
Sep 29, 2008, 10:12 AM
Awful. Ive been at my grandmas too long and im about to kill myself due to lack of entertainment.

sucks for you mate lol going out side might help you lol

shintaHakamashi
Sep 29, 2008, 10:12 AM
its up to 24 hrs maybe longer. and leave it to sega knowing it was gonna be down to do some stupid crap like that.

Darius_Drake
Sep 29, 2008, 10:26 AM
This is just wrong. Today is the first day any of my characters get 3* luck. To make it even worse two of my characters got 3* luck today. So much for grinding. I will have to wait for a female cast or male beast to get 3* luck now.

Golto
Sep 29, 2008, 10:35 AM
People its xbox live that is down for 24 hours thats not sega's fault.

Anduril
Sep 29, 2008, 10:38 AM
Complaining about something we knew about some time in advance. *sigh* And then you'd be whining if SEGA had held back the grinding bonus another week because of this XBox LIVE downtime, that they probably didn't know about until we did or maybe a little bit before. Will you people continue to complain for the sake of complaining?!

Yes, I am aware of the fact that I am complaining about complaining.

shintaHakamashi
Sep 29, 2008, 10:40 AM
People its xbox live that is down for 24 hours thats not sega's fault.

k ya but u gotta remember least 1 of the people even the GMs know cause they have xbox live. Someone in that line got a message from xbox saying Hey DOWN TIME 29th!!! so there for it is sega fault for not planing ahead of time oh down time hmmmm maybe we should work on our update DURNING DOWN TIME. that wayyyy no one gets screwed and we keep our subcribers happy and when everyone comes back on there a nice big update that could have partly cought us up instead bing 6 months behind....

hmmm sounds like sega just dont care

X--Hero--X
Sep 29, 2008, 10:46 AM
just viewing PSO-World from the computer at work (they'll never know). and then just for a chuckle i might do my job for a bit .

joefro
Sep 29, 2008, 10:54 AM
k ya but u gotta remember least 1 of the people even the GMs know cause they have xbox live. Someone in that line got a message from xbox saying Hey DOWN TIME 29th!!! so there for it is sega fault for not planing ahead of time oh down time hmmmm maybe we should work on our update DURNING DOWN TIME. that wayyyy no one gets screwed and we keep our subcribers happy and when everyone comes back on there a nice big update that could have partly cought us up instead bing 6 months behind....

Don't blame it on sega.
Also, your grammar is horrible.

Darius_Drake
Sep 29, 2008, 10:55 AM
Spend some time with the wifey and maybe play a single player game.

Senior El Roboto
Sep 29, 2008, 11:01 AM
Don't blame it on sega.

yes quite horrid

shintaHakamashi
Sep 29, 2008, 11:02 AM
Don't blame it on sega.
my grammars bad for a reason. its call its the internet and i dont care if it bothers you or not. you know the internet you can say w/e you want cause i will NEVER see u in person :P!

Majarra
Sep 29, 2008, 11:02 AM
sucks for you mate lol going out side might help you lolNOT THE DOORRR!!!!!! NOT THE SUNLIGHT!!!! This actually the place where i go outside. Heck learned to bodyboard last time i was here. pretty damn fun.

Majarra
Sep 29, 2008, 11:05 AM
Don't blame it on sega.
Also, your grammar is horrible.This. And come on....you can spare 1 damn day so that microsoft can add so much new stuff. Stop BAWWWWWWWING and be happy.

shintaHakamashi
Sep 29, 2008, 11:10 AM
This. And come on....you can spare 1 damn day so that microsoft can add so much new stuff. Stop BAWWWWWWWING and be happy.

im just saying the smart thing for sega to do was work on their updates while it was down. personally i dont care and find it funny people cant live without xbox and psu :P

shadowsniper6
Sep 29, 2008, 11:13 AM
NOT THE DOORRR!!!!!! NOT THE SUNLIGHT!!!! This actually the place where i go outside. Heck learned to bodyboard last time i was here. pretty damn fun.

the light burns me too so i sleep during the day sometimes

Majarra
Sep 29, 2008, 11:14 AM
As you can see sega doesnt really care for its customers.

Majarra
Sep 29, 2008, 11:17 AM
the light burns me too so i sleep during the day sometimesSometimes? Are you certain? Anyway messed up my sleeping schedule by stayin up all nite and going to bed at like noon. think im gonna go do random stuff in FKL nao.

RufuSwho
Sep 29, 2008, 11:17 AM
my guess is the 24 hour estimate is conservative

try logging on later tonight, they may be done early

shadowsniper6
Sep 29, 2008, 11:25 AM
Sometimes? Are you certain? Anyway messed up my sleeping schedule by stayin up all nite and going to bed at like noon. think im gonna go do random stuff in FKL nao.

i sleep at random im all messed up like that anyway i hope it does end early

doomkilledu
Sep 29, 2008, 11:43 AM
>> school but i realllllllly hope that my grind went through cause while i was grinding the xbl went down so...ya need my germinus to be 7/10 not 0/9 when i get back on :-(

Hwang
Sep 29, 2008, 11:48 AM
It's not gunna be back up til tomorrow for GMT members, right?

doomkilledu
Sep 29, 2008, 11:51 AM
It's not gunna be back up til tomorrow for GMT members, right?

most likely :-(

Spartan Law
Sep 29, 2008, 02:22 PM
24 hour downtime puts it back up at 8am GMT+1 (Current UK Time) so yeah... 8:20pm and I'm already bored.... I might sleep again or something to pass the time :-) Only 11 and a half hours to go...*Fingers Crossed*

EDIT:

Working for a few more hours, then when i get hom from seeing my probation officer i'll be playing GTA till tomorrow

Probation Officer? Commando, what did I tell you about those fetishes??!?!?! Keep the curtains closed, you'll get into less trouble! haha

shintaHakamashi
Sep 29, 2008, 02:30 PM
As you can see sega doesnt really care for its customers.

duuuhhhhhhhhhh i play pso back in the day. i know what sega is doing. why do u think i preach it in all the other threads. :P sega had pso. banked money from it. stopped updating it to work on psu. their for leaving xmas event for going till july ( xmas in july oh joy :O!!!) they finished psu about time and shut pso down. so leaves me to this point. psu is here now sega is busy on the psp and ds phantasy star. ( see a trend here yet...?) which is why they are so slow on updates and we have fallin 6 months behind. ( still see the trend..?) i'll let all of u put it together. 1+1=2? karma is karma. D:

NDW
Sep 29, 2008, 02:30 PM
Playing Halo: CE online on Xbox Connect.

chaoskila
Sep 29, 2008, 02:48 PM
making my halo montage =]
chekc it soon.

Turb0
Sep 29, 2008, 03:19 PM
So you'd rather they gave us nothing last week just because we're missing one day? It's not that big of a deal. Yes, it sucks that someone has 3* today but that's just how it is. XBL told us last week that it would be down, you should have been prepared for this. And also...

my grammars bad for a reason. its call its the internet and i dont care if it bothers you or not. you know the internet you can say w/e you want cause i will NEVER see u in person :P!
That's a pathetic excuse, it really doesn't take that much effort to get yourself in a habit of sounding intelligible. If everyone started talking like that, we'd all sound like Ozzy.:p

AlliThePally
Sep 29, 2008, 03:21 PM
Im on this site, messing around on the computer as well x) I play PSU a lot so Im REALLY bored right now :P

afterthoughtz
Sep 29, 2008, 03:31 PM
Hey just curious, is this the update that will add the little avatar thing along with all that other awesome cool stuff??

joefro
Sep 29, 2008, 03:36 PM
Hey just curious, is this the update that will add the little avatar thing along with all that other awesome cool stuff??
No. The New Xbox Experience is launching in November.

afterthoughtz
Sep 29, 2008, 03:37 PM
No. The New Xbox Experience is launching in November.

Dammit, *stupid microsoft*

Akaimizu
Sep 29, 2008, 03:48 PM
Well, it actually is in preparation for the new stuff. They're actually being smart about it, by throwing in part of what they need now before the November release. It makes things a lot less likely to go wrong when the November changes do happen, because we have some of what's needed by it now. Even in the programming work I do, I see preparative coding releases done for future updates.

On the other hand, I have no excuse to not Phantasy Star Portable, tonight. :)

afterthoughtz
Sep 29, 2008, 03:50 PM
SO we're not getting anything new tonight, just maintenance?

BlueMan
Sep 29, 2008, 03:51 PM
My mother picked me up since I'm extremely low on gas >_>. I mowed her lawn and swam in her pool for a few hours. Now I'm back at my apartment youtubing. A short nap is on my mind, and then later I'm off to the movies with some friends.

Kyecsrai
Sep 29, 2008, 03:53 PM
Right.

This service maintenance is in preparation for the new Xbox experience which will be available later this fall.

Let me reiterate: When the service returns, you will not have any new features and you will not have the new Xbox experience update. That will happen later this Fall.

Source. (http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/09/23/xbox-live-service-maintenance.aspx)

afterthoughtz
Sep 29, 2008, 03:58 PM
Ok gotcha, i was just curious cause sometimes we get dashboard updates

STRANG
Sep 29, 2008, 04:00 PM
I would have been pissed if sega had waited to give us the update today. By the way ive had three star 3 times between four characters this weekend, i mean come on. Also xbox has got part of their website up and runnig so maybe we'll see something soon.

Neobeast
Sep 29, 2008, 04:02 PM
Seriously considering making today the day I open a PS2 account.

afterthoughtz
Sep 29, 2008, 04:02 PM
Isnt 24 hours more like hearsay?? As in like its usually back up way before they say?? Like i know i got these messages before and would turn my xbox off and come back 10-15 hours later and it'd be back up.

l_Will_l
Sep 29, 2008, 04:30 PM

First off, we have always been about 6 months behind from JP. Secondly, The PC/PS2 servers are still up. They cant screw the PC/PS2 fanbase again and take away the luck they also deserve Also Sega dosent care because technically 360 got MAG part 2 for no actual reason, besides the fact that PC/PS2 got screwed from error 65. So yeah stop complaining about nothing. I still cant get on my PC account, thats when you blame sega.

Majarra
Sep 29, 2008, 04:41 PM
Dude dont be such a baby. Hehe good luck logging on. [no offense other PC/PS2 players]

STRANG
Sep 29, 2008, 05:31 PM
First off, we have always been about 6 months behind from JP.

For the first year we were only three months behind. After AOI came out things started lagging behind until we were tossed to the side like a bunch of [B] monomate hungry nubs.

pikachief
Sep 29, 2008, 05:45 PM
For the first year we were only three months behind. After AOI came out things started lagging behind until we were tossed to the side like a bunch of [B] monomate hungry nubs.

actually it was more like 1.5 months, then 2 months, then when AotI came around it was like 3 months now its 6 months. the gap is only gonna get larger

STRANG
Sep 29, 2008, 05:52 PM
Ikanhascheezburger?

pikachief
Sep 29, 2008, 05:59 PM
Ikanhascheezburger?

no i want teh cheeze burgarz!!!

afterthoughtz
Sep 29, 2008, 07:23 PM
you can keep teh cheeze burgarz...i gets da double stack!!!!!

pikachief
Sep 29, 2008, 07:27 PM
you can keep teh cheeze burgarz...i gets da double stack!!!!!

In N out resturant ehre cali we once gets 100x100 (100 paties N chez n stuffs in un burgar!) but they dont let u anymores :( techincially u still kan has 100x100 but eets moar complicated nao :/

i hungy 4 one nao

l_Will_l
Sep 29, 2008, 07:29 PM
Well I always thought PSU was out for longer than 1.5 months in JP when when it was released here? Was it not?

pikachief
Sep 29, 2008, 07:32 PM
Well I always thought PSU was out for longer than 1.5 months in JP when when it was released here? Was it not?

it was out in JP about 2 months before we got it. we kinda stayed in the gap of 1.5 months to 2.5 months of them, sometimes catching up sometimes falling behind.

l_Will_l
Sep 29, 2008, 07:36 PM
Well I played since release and I was always on the assumption that we were around 4-6 months behind depending on if they put in work or not. Then the mag messup may have pushed it further. Sure they have been slacking hard, my pc account is still getting error 192 yet they tell me its fixed. thats why I moved to 360. But hell least they havnt scrapped the hole thing for us altogether.

Delete
Sep 29, 2008, 07:43 PM
1 day without gaming? Come on guys. I mean theres so much else you can do like.... read a book........okay, that was bad...ummmmm you could call up some friends (assuming you have some) and go somewhere. Or you could watch tv, movies, wrestling, hanna montana, whatever suits ya.

This post is sarcastic guys, i mean to offend no one.

pikachief
Sep 29, 2008, 07:58 PM
1 day without gaming? Come on guys. I mean theres so much else you can do like.... read a book........okay, that was bad...ummmmm you could call up some friends (assuming you have some) and go somewhere. Or you could watch tv, movies, wrestling, hanna montana, whatever suits ya.

This post is sarcastic guys, i mean to offend no one.

even if u were sarcastic the only thing i could/would do from what u suggested is watch hanna montana LOL so im gonna continue browsing forums :P

l_Will_l
Sep 29, 2008, 08:01 PM
meh im playing a variety of other games for 360. reason i got one is because my brother has about 50 games for his because hes had one since they came out. plus ive gotten myself about 20 lol

Syaoran_69
Sep 29, 2008, 08:22 PM
1 day without gaming? Come on guys. I mean theres so much else you can do like....*insert rest of quote*

Yeah... like I took the day to lay around my room and be depressed... not because I didn't have psu to play, but rather because my girlfriend broke up with me. So fun! you guys should try it... oh wait, this is the internet... people here don't have those, damn.

_K1_
Sep 29, 2008, 08:39 PM
Playing WAR. I knew I had a PC for something.

Also, glaring at the luck chart since half my chars have 3* luck today.

Delete
Sep 29, 2008, 08:43 PM
I have a girlfriend, job and soon a car. Now all i need is my own place and i will be complete.

Meta77
Sep 29, 2008, 09:09 PM
im using this time to catch marcoeconomics homework. and talk to friends outside my dorm....and......talk to frinds on myspace and.......go outside and sit in the chair out front and meet people.

pikachief
Sep 29, 2008, 09:41 PM
I'm (once again) attempting to beat Guitar Hero 3 on expert >.>

Majarra
Sep 29, 2008, 11:02 PM
I'm (once again) attempting to beat Guitar Hero 3 on expert >.>Seriously?[2.0 =o]

pikachief
Sep 30, 2008, 12:54 AM
Seriously?[2.0 =o]

actually i went to go watch heroes instead, i lost last time about 10 seconds before the end of the song too! >.<

*sigh* so close yet so so far away :/

WhiteKnight01
Sep 30, 2008, 01:59 AM
I have a girlfriend, job and soon a car. Now all i need is my own place and i will be complete.

when you get your own gaf you will still want stuff, just like in psu

fay
Sep 30, 2008, 03:42 AM
I'm (once again) attempting to beat Guitar Hero 3 on expert >.>

already done it myself :P. good luck :)

shintaHakamashi
Sep 30, 2008, 09:44 AM
First off, we have always been about 6 months behind from JP. Secondly, The PC/PS2 servers are still up. They cant screw the PC/PS2 fanbase again and take away the luck they also deserve Also Sega dosent care because technically 360 got MAG part 2 for no actual reason, besides the fact that PC/PS2 got screwed from error 65. So yeah stop complaining about nothing. I still cant get on my PC account, thats when you blame sega.

:cough: first off you fail to understand this is net. u can bitch and rant all day if u want.,and seconded off i had friends on 360 also get the 65 error. happy now? are u seriously done now?

Majarra
Sep 30, 2008, 09:55 AM
:cough: first off you fail to understand this is net. u can bitch and rant all day if u want.,and seconded off i had friends on 360 also get the 65 error. happy now? are u seriously done now?Typical complainer. And 360 cant get 065 or any other 0#. *deep breath* Cant believe im gonna say this.......but PIX OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN. Your freinds are liers. Thats all