PDA

View Full Version : The hardcore players disappeared?

ForteGunnerW
Sep 30, 2008, 01:25 PM
i havent seen all the people who played a lot i used to see. anyone else been noticing this?

Kadajenova
Sep 30, 2008, 01:28 PM
They appear at events, lv caps ect... Since they're HARDCORE, they surely play other MMORPG while theres no updates in PSU

Alastor_Haven
Sep 30, 2008, 01:31 PM
Hahaha Hardcore huh?

FUCKK YEAHHH

Okay but really

This shit is fucking boring

My god

But meh

ashley50
Sep 30, 2008, 01:35 PM
uhm who cares?...I pay this game to play, not to keep track of the "Hardcore" players or whatever they're doing.

Dragwind
Sep 30, 2008, 01:41 PM
Not sure what you mean by "hardcore," but a good amount of players on the PC/PS2 servers do not play on Uni 2 often.

Kizeragi
Sep 30, 2008, 02:01 PM
Not sure what you mean by "hardcore," but a good amount of players on the PC/PS2 servers do not play on Uni 2 often.

I rarely play on Uni 2, but I've been trying to rare hunt there more often.

As for Hardcore? Lolwut. PSU is to most, a casual game.
How do you be hardcore at a casual game?
"Hardcore" should be used for games like FPS's imo.

thematesV2
Sep 30, 2008, 02:19 PM
why would it matter which universe people play in? I guess I never played often enough to know people to play with. I only really ever had 4 people I would play with, and now two seem gone for good, the other two are only on sporadically.

then again it looks the same to them. I'm only on once or twice a week for a few hours at most..

people come and go, right now, it seems like people are going more than coming.

(btw, I would call anyone who maxes out their char hardcore when the game is all updated... as in PSO- the act of getting to level 180 could be seen as the same amount of effort as getting from 180 to 200. or anyone who has maxed out 2 chars+ which some people put 500+ hours.. any game that you put 500+ hours into your a hardcore gamer. )

drizzle
Sep 30, 2008, 02:21 PM
Sometimes games stop being fun after a few thousand hours. Nothing strange.

Hrith
Sep 30, 2008, 02:41 PM
Sometimes games stop being fun after a few thousand hours. Nothing strange.laul lies

IMA HARDCORE, but I mostly solo ;o

Kizeragi
Sep 30, 2008, 02:49 PM
why would it matter which universe people play in? I guess I never played often enough to know people to play with. I only really ever had 4 people I would play with, and now two seem gone for good, the other two are only on sporadically.

It's mainly because on PC/PS2 servers people are never joining because of our lack of people. We have what, 1.5-2* at peak times? I can assure you about 0.5-1* worth of people don't play on Uni 2. Maybe more than that, so perhaps if we all started using Uni 2, it might show that we aren't a fully abandoned server? :l

Mikura
Sep 30, 2008, 03:12 PM
I still play every day, but only because there's a few more PAs I want to lvl, and stuff left to grind. But after that? Yeah, I probably won't be on as much. If you're "hardcore" (however you define that), most likely you've already accomplished everything you set out to do in PSU, such as collecting all the rares you want, maxing your character, PAs, etc. So besides the occasional updates that provide new events or missions, there's absolutely nothing left to do in the game. Can't really fault those hardcore people from leaving or taking temporary absences when you essentially have no goals left.

Akaimizu
Sep 30, 2008, 03:16 PM
Point taken. I would definitely believe that the updates aren't keeping up with the truly hardcore players. They need something truly fresh to get them playing the game like they used to.

On the other hand, I know I've split my time up, but my somewhat lack of fulltime play, during this exact time of the year, mirrors last year. Once I start taking on enough employment and such, my gaming time goes down the toilet for about 10 weeks. November generally brings back my game time. (Once I come back from storming the Carribean in my Pirat------er....I mean my nice cruise through the Carribean. *Ahem*))

amtalx
Sep 30, 2008, 03:18 PM
"Hardcore" players run out of things to do within weeks of an update. Since ST has adopted a semi-annual update schedule, they are a dying breed.

l_Will_l
Sep 30, 2008, 03:48 PM
Well, since my error 65 in mag then my many other errors with that POS that sega calls a billing system, it wont let me renew my pc account with the same credit card im using for my live account. So I have started to play on 360. And yeah for the hardcore gamers, when you have little to actually do in the game it gets slow.... But yet when your striving to get to that lvl and hit the cap and whatnot its fun again. Ive enjoyed starting over and seeing how fast pa's and chars lvl at low lvls considering ive had my chars on pc lvled up for like a year. Nice to see the difference in the game from the beginning compared to starting now.

-Aurora-
Sep 30, 2008, 03:56 PM
its cuz ppl luv to spam crap in uni 2 is why the "hardcore" players go elsewhere.

Ramadonis
Sep 30, 2008, 04:01 PM
I would have considered myself 'hardcore' back on the Dreamcast with PSO, and even the GCN versions. *Olga Flow FTW*but with this game, nah, I dont consider myself 'hardcore'.

Maybe if they released a real Dark Falz fight >_>

Kylie
Sep 30, 2008, 04:06 PM
They appear at events, lv caps ect... Since they're HARDCORE, they surely play other MMORPG while theres no updates in PSU
Indeeeeeeeeeeeed. I don't really blame them though. The game relies too heavily on updates and events, in my opinion, and there's not enough to do in between.

EMPYREAN
Sep 30, 2008, 04:08 PM
maybe if ther was something to do in this game they would come back cuz as it is today ther is nothing to do but LV skills and that is dead boring.

Ryna
Sep 30, 2008, 04:26 PM
All of the people that I considered to be 'hardcore' quit the game several weeks/months ago due to the lack of updates. Once people got their PAs/levels to cap and had a full palette of godly equipment, there wasn't anything else to do.

darkfalz16
Sep 30, 2008, 04:47 PM
lol i would consider myself hardcore as i have like 5020 hrs on just my main char and i play everyday im just mainly in my room XD been playing since day 1 w/o breaks

Majarra
Sep 30, 2008, 04:49 PM
Man you guys really outta try the 360 once you get the time/money. More people to play with>jackass community[well thats what ppl say i havent really ran into any]

afterthoughtz
Sep 30, 2008, 04:53 PM
I mean no offense to any hardcore players here but i just want to say, the hardcoe players i've run across on the 360 while playing psu...need to step back and relize its a damn game...

Majarra
Sep 30, 2008, 04:54 PM
I mean no offense to any hardcore players here but i just want to say, the hardcoe players i've run across on the 360 while playing psu...need to step back and relize its a damn game...We all get cussed out once or twice on XBL. Its common dont worry bout that lol

rise urbanus
Sep 30, 2008, 04:54 PM
i pretty much been around at the beginning (play on bros 360) untill he got me 1. But i might not be considered a hardcore person....maybe^^

afterthoughtz
Sep 30, 2008, 04:58 PM
i pretty much been around at the beginning (play on bros 360) untill he got me 1. But i might not be considered a hardcore person....maybe^^
Well even if you are a hardcore player i dont mind that, its the ones that play it like their very life depends on it lol, like the ones crying over the xbox servers going down, i swear the guy was about cryin thru the headset, i'm look dude chill out, take a break and go outside, anbd dont worry, that bright stuff, its called sunlight:)

Dana
Sep 30, 2008, 05:15 PM
I mean no offense to any hardcore players here but i just want to say, the hardcoe players i've run across on the 360 while playing psu...need to step back and relize its a damn game...

It's because theyre all 12 years olds :x

Hardcore player're disappearing ay? What's hardcore?

I played PSOBB pretty 'hardcore' and even though I hit the Level cap with Dana--I continued playing with her for well over double her time. (though I had already hit 200 with her once before also)

I think people are just bored of a lack of updates, and to be honest, the events are gruelingly boring. WB spam? Even the EP1 PSO MAG run was boring. As short, and well, that's just my opinion.

afterthoughtz
Sep 30, 2008, 05:19 PM
It's because theyre all 12 years olds :x

Hardcore player're disappearing ay? What's hardcore?

I played PSOBB pretty 'hardcore' and even though I hit the Level cap with Dana--I continued playing with her for well over double her time. (though I had already hit 200 with her once before also)

I think people are just bored of a lack of updates, and to be honest, the events are gruelingly boring. WB spam? Even the EP1 PSO MAG run was boring. As short, and well, that's just my opinion.

While most of them are younger, this guy was about my age i'm guessing, 20'ish something, it was just sad:-o

Inazuma
Sep 30, 2008, 05:20 PM
hardcore jp pc player here. i still play everyday, 12+ hours on weekends. i recently finished leveling my 5 chars to 160. the game is more boring now, thats for sure, but there is still stuff for me to do, like get six 50% armaslines.

ive started to gather music to use for a custom soundtrack. i figure if i do a really awesome job, it will liven up the game a lot. certainly worked great for psobb.

rise urbanus
Sep 30, 2008, 05:29 PM
hardcore jp pc player here. i still play everyday, 12+ hours on weekends. i recently finished leveling my 5 chars to 160. the game is more boring now, thats for sure, but there is still stuff for me to do, like get six 50% armaslines.

ive started to gather music to use for a custom soundtrack. i figure if i do a really awesome job, it will liven up the game a lot. certainly worked great for psobb.

thats wha i like doing put your music in to spice it up a bit:-D

norrisj15
Sep 30, 2008, 05:38 PM
Man you guys really outta try the 360 once you get the time/money. More people to play with>jackass community[well thats what ppl say i havent really ran into any]

PSU is still boring and you run out of stuff to do even if there were more people on the pc/ps2 side. It is the lack of content not the lack of population that is killing this game. For people like myself with capped PA's and what I'd say is a pretty decent pallet. Also all characters capped there isn't much to do. Waiting on something new I guess. Enjoying the world is a cool thing too lol. Kinda sad but I picked up guitar in the downtime, its an alright hobby.

RufuSwho
Sep 30, 2008, 05:42 PM
i recently finished leveling my 5 chars to 160.

I heard about this. Will we be getting a 5th character slot in some update? or is this a PC thing?

Currently only 4 slots available (not to mention our level cap is 140).

I can't remember where i saw this before.

Anyone know more?

Calibur
Sep 30, 2008, 05:50 PM
I was hardcore back in the Dreamcast days...(PSO was my religion!!!)

Now that Im older (have more responsibilities) I cant be on as much as I would like.

RedMussel
Sep 30, 2008, 05:55 PM
Like meh! Muhahaha i said I quit and i will stay quit, i dont care what those people think i will return i never will!!!

Inazuma
Sep 30, 2008, 06:38 PM
I heard about this. Will we be getting a 5th character slot in some update? or is this a PC thing?

Currently only 4 slots available (not to mention our level cap is 140).

I can't remember where i saw this before.

Anyone know more?

the jp ver has 8 total char slots but in my case, i use 2 accounts. 1 char on my main account, and 4 on my 2nd. i did it this way so i can always play as my main char w/ a 2nd char for luck. each day i have 10 total chances at luck so i almost always end up w/ lv 2 or 3. not to mention i can play 2 chars at the same time this way. i usually do MF+AT (support techs and shadoogs) but sometimes youll see me do MF+PT (traps). i load up the 2nd char w/ the max 60 items so they cant pick up any. this lets me play w/ friends and not hog the items. they enjoy having lv 50 support and max luck too.

unicorn
Sep 30, 2008, 07:01 PM
I lol at PSU "hardcore" players.

l_Will_l
Sep 30, 2008, 07:31 PM
I lol at people that are on a forum for a game more than they actually play that game.

AweOfShe
Sep 30, 2008, 07:34 PM
Hardcore players play on all 3 servers, and do hardcore cyber sex on all accounts at the same time, while learning Sanskrit. Bitches love Sanskrit.

Alastor_Haven
Sep 30, 2008, 07:41 PM
Hardcore players play on all 3 servers, and do hardcore cyber sex on all accounts at the same time, while learning Sanskrit. Bitches love Sanskrit.

I agree with this player

and now the topic should end

FUCK YEAH

pikachief
Sep 30, 2008, 08:00 PM
You wont find HARDCORE PLAYARZ cuz we play solo runs and hunt stuff for ourselves and to make money :)

Tetsaru
Sep 30, 2008, 08:33 PM
I think it's important to note a difference between "hardcore" and "elitist." Imo, hardcore people love playing a game, and strive to be the best they can be at it, no matter the method or playing style. Elitists play the game like it's their job, their religion, and are very strict and dogmatic on their methods and actions, and the types of items they're supposed to have.

An elitist would've said "50% only" at White Beast during the Neudaiz GBR. Hardcore people probably would've said "30%+," or would've have given a shit as long as they were playing the game and having fun. Elitists are the ones that have 50% 10/10 of every weapon on their palette, while hardcore players would use a Crea Doubles over a Carriguine-Rucar, because they think it looks cooler, and it reminds them of PSO. Elitists spam the most profitable missions like clockwork; hardcore players will get together with their friends and go hunt down that one item in a mission no one ever does anymore.

I consider myself hardcore, but NOT elitist. There IS a difference.

pikachief
Sep 30, 2008, 08:37 PM
i dont play this game jsut for fun i play this non-stop and i play different missions tho and i think 30%+ is fine.

im in between elitist and hardcore. y? cuz i'm always too busy farming rares or hunting to play with others :(

afterthoughtz
Sep 30, 2008, 08:55 PM
^Has your mother not taught you to play with other kids!?

Alastor_Haven
Sep 30, 2008, 08:59 PM
i dont play this game jsut for fun i play this non-stop and i play different missions tho and i think 30%+ is fine.

im in between elitist and hardcore. y? cuz i'm always too busy farming rares or hunting to play with others :(

This dude says hes in the middle

HAHAHA

KAY

Doesn't make sense

Whatsoever

pikachief
Sep 30, 2008, 09:01 PM
well i see what they say for hardcore, and i totally agree, then i see what people say with not hardcore and i agree with it too, what do u think is hardcore and what is not? i wanna see what i fall in with what u think

Syl
Sep 30, 2008, 09:03 PM

Well going by that logic you can't be between an elitest or anything because well, a 30% is crap in the eyes of one. Maybe saying you're a bit of both is a better way of saying it rather than being in between both.

More than anything, it sounds like an obsession rather than anything else lol.

Powder Keg
Sep 30, 2008, 09:13 PM
The hardcore players didn't really disappear.

......everyone did.

afterthoughtz
Sep 30, 2008, 09:22 PM
The hardcore players didn't really disappear.

......everyone did.
Was there ever a time (besides events) where there was more then one server completely full, i've only seen Universe 1 completely full but never even the 2nd one. And i havent been playing psu that long to know tho, ID is only in the 8,000s

Powder Keg
Sep 30, 2008, 09:24 PM
Was there ever a time (besides events) where there was more then one server completely full, i've only seen Universe 1 completely full but never even the 2nd one. And i havent been playing psu that long to know tho, ID is only in the 8,000s

I dunno about 360, but for the longest time PC/PS2 hasn't been able to get more than two stars at a time. The last "high" I saw for the server was four stars when MAG 2 came back around, but that didn't last very long at all. Even with the Neudaiz GBR and PF Update It's only been 2 stars tops.

afterthoughtz
Sep 30, 2008, 09:27 PM
Wow that sucks, when i first got this game i thought it'd be a bit more popular then this, i played a WOW demo and that game is packed and from what i played its not that great, also to i dont think many people eben know about this game, my friends are all the time asking what the hell i'm playing cause they have never seen nor heard of it...

Alastor_Haven
Sep 30, 2008, 09:28 PM
I remember when

It was hard to try and get to uni 1

Cause it was always full hahahah

Good times good times

Powder Keg
Sep 30, 2008, 09:29 PM
I thought it would be also....I'm not gonna go into detail on what I thought made most of the population leave the game early on, but I just wish it wasn't like that, because it's really taking away from the game because of how the lobbies and planets were made.

afterthoughtz
Sep 30, 2008, 09:31 PM
Lol ya i have my own theories why its almost dead....
To bad cause it could be an awesome game if it was ummm...looked after a bit better maybe?

ICLEUS
Sep 30, 2008, 10:00 PM
I left a while back... Actually been months since I've visited back on psow but I can't seem to access my account, ZodiacNKnight.

The money spent with there being content available and released over prolonged periods of time just wasn't worth it. Simply got tired of running around looking for something to do besides running a map over and over for a single drop. There were many memories and good times with interacting with people but an mmorpg has offer more that just that in order to stay alive otherwise it doesn't set itself appart from the other mmo's out there. Been around since the dc pso days and the birth of psu.

I remember dragwind, delsaber, kamen, kenji, amy and a few others from over a year ago...

System-Id
Sep 30, 2008, 10:05 PM
9k Id says ima hardcore player and im still around
and if you'd like to get with more hardcore players
thats been playing since the start check out mah sig ^^;

afterthoughtz
Sep 30, 2008, 10:07 PM
I dont like this game enough to be a hardcore player, but from what i hear, if we had what japan gets i'd be really into this game!

Ryno
Sep 30, 2008, 10:14 PM
I'm Hardcore... but people still think im new... on 360 seeing a 41k I.D. .... =/
Why? well here is one proof. there is more things to tell but im not going into it again.

the one who hacked me sent me my own card to me 0_0
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/Ryno39.jpg

I STILL DISLIKE HACKERS!
( i'm still a little bit upset about it)
Especially people making fun of your user I.D. number when you rreally got the game when it cam out.
I had a 7k I.D making fun of me because i was 41k when i was actually a 6k I.D.

afterthoughtz
Sep 30, 2008, 10:17 PM
Well just let him have it, thats all the poor guy prolly gots in his life is psu....
let him think he's more l337 lol

Mikura
Sep 30, 2008, 10:24 PM
Going by most people's definition of "hardcore," I suppose I fall in that category. And I'm still playing! So far anyway... I probably won't take any long breaks from the game until I get a couple more S-ranks that I'm still after. Really, S-rank hunting is about the only thing that still drives me to log on and play at all, aside from helping friends on occasion.

darkante
Sep 30, 2008, 11:06 PM
Well, i got most of the best skills to 40 on FG.
I can do most shit soloing, but that gets old fast...and i have no choise if i wanna do something besides White Beast/Newmission or event mission.

Even i do find some spread around parties, itīs no freaking point joining...you just get booted in Uni 2 because itīs a "private" party! :S
Some people are damned idiots (lock the party if you wanna be alone ffs)...anyways yeah i got most of the stuff their is to get in the game.
Hopefully that Lightning Event comes soon.

Erkthemerc
Sep 30, 2008, 11:38 PM
i just wish we would get updates/events faster or if the game was made free/cheaper... more people would play...and maybe it would be easier to find parties in other missions.
I have like 10 people who would play it but wont pay the 10$ a month, so they play the demo on xbl. OH, it would also b nice if they stopped making missions where you can find like 10 different s rank boards all the time...it makes getting an s board less special, and drives prices down to low. AND, the game went downhill when they made the faster leveling, u have to be like lvl 50+ to find a party, I remember when it was a big deal to hit 20, now not so much...
wow, I wrote a essay...

Xefi
Sep 30, 2008, 11:54 PM
I logged in to get my coin everyday; i thought that
was very hardcore...lol.

I still play a little sometime each day if there are
S rank party. The PC/ps2 population is way too
depressing at time. Finding an S rank party can
be painful sometime. If i can't find an S rank party,
i just logged off and do something else...That's pretty
much everyday for me whenever i have time. I'm just
waiting for new updates and event for now. As of now,
PSU is very boring...

ForteGunnerW
Oct 1, 2008, 01:43 AM
[QUOTE=afterthoughtz;2153754]Well even if you are a hardcore player i dont mind that, its the ones that play it like their very life depends on it lol, like the ones crying over the xbox servers going down, i swear the guy was about cryin thru the headset, i'm look dude chill out, take a break and go outside, anbd dont worry, that bright stuff, its called sunlight:)[/QU

i know what you mean.....

ForteGunnerW
Oct 1, 2008, 01:44 AM
Well even if you are a hardcore player i dont mind that, its the ones that play it like their very life depends on it lol, like the ones crying over the xbox servers going down, i swear the guy was about cryin thru the headset, i'm look dude chill out, take a break and go outside, anbd dont worry, that bright stuff, its called sunlight:)

i know what you mean...

Dakkon
Oct 1, 2008, 04:58 AM
I'm Hardcore... but people still think im new... on 360 seeing a 41k I.D. .... =/
( i'm still a little bit upset about it)
Especially people making fun of your user I.D. number when you rreally got the game when it cam out.
I had a 7k I.D making fun of me because i was 41k when i was actually a 6k I.D.

If you care about such thing from random jerks, if you allow such comments to annoy/irritate you, then you deserve it. ID means a shit.

Yunfa
Oct 1, 2008, 05:47 AM
Ah so after reading a few posts by OP, seems to me his not satifisfied with the PC/PS2's population...

I really do feel like it was the right choice to switch to 360 when the lvl cap was 70.

DarK-SuN
Oct 1, 2008, 07:13 AM
I was hardcore back in the Dreamcast days...(PSO was my religion!!!)

Now that Im older (have more responsibilities) I cant be on as much as I would like.

Amen.
It's a problem, this happens to me as well.
If I manage to clock 4 to 6 hours a week it's a miracle (and this is always done in one day, two days if I'm lucky that week), which is nothing compared with the time I had back in the early PSOv1/v2 days.

As you can expect, due to this, I've been in PSU since the game was first released and I still don't have any character of mine capped, the highest I have is at level 105 and all the others are between 40 and 60 (MAG helped to boost them up, otherwise they'd still be under level 15 right now).

Of course, having Phantasy Star Portable helps a bit, I play it during lunch/dinner breaks sometimes to keep the Phantasy Star bug going, but actually logging into PSU online is a rare commodity thanks to lack of time nowadays.

[TLB]Konda
Oct 1, 2008, 08:26 AM
(btw, I would call anyone who maxes out their char hardcore when the game is all updated... as in PSO- the act of getting to level 180 could be seen as the same amount of effort as getting from 180 to 200. or anyone who has maxed out 2 chars+ which some people put 500+ hours.. any game that you put 500+ hours into your a hardcore gamer. )

So what your saying, in the year that I have been on the PSU servers from switching from PSO, with my main having about 800+ hours that would make me a hardcore player? I do not believe this to be the case in that, the past year that I spent on the server has mostly been spent fucking off. I mean sure I spent quite a bit of time lvling and just overall hunting but I do not think the hours spent on characters necessairily makes you a hardcore player. Maybe you just had a little extra free time ya know? But regardless why do you think the OP would even care about the said "hardcore players"? For christ sakes its just a game and being that it is a game play it for the fun of it.

Solsulis
Oct 1, 2008, 09:24 AM
i havent seen all the people who played a lot i used to see. anyone else been noticing this?

They are around just keep looking XDDD. You will find them I am sure!

Toguro
Oct 1, 2008, 10:17 AM
Was there ever a time (besides events) where there was more then one server completely full, i've only seen Universe 1 completely full but never even the 2nd one. And i havent been playing psu that long to know tho, ID is only in the 8,000sBack when the level cap was raised to 60 and the first 7 advanced types were realeased universes 1 and 2 were completely full and universe 3 had 2-3 stars for like the first 2 weeks. This was on PC/PS2 servers btw.

Ryno
Oct 1, 2008, 02:39 PM
Amen.
It's a problem, this happens to me as well.
If I manage to clock 4 to 6 hours a week it's a miracle (and this is always done in one day, two days if I'm lucky that week), which is nothing compared with the time I had back in the early PSOv1/v2 day

also i would say i'm hardcore becuase I made 2 other Gold accounts just to get sonic, Amy, and Knuckles Statue, but then I canceled them after it was over. now that my 1st I.d is gone I'm Using my second I,D. and releveled my technics.

and yes i have been playing since pso
but stopped at level 199 FOmarl Redria. because when you're lv 200 noobs might think you're hacked...lol

lostinseganet
Oct 1, 2008, 06:45 PM
Oh I definatly noticed..I am one of them. I once played alot. I buy my subscription in 6 month chunks Now I only use about 2 months of that.

Gunslinger-08
Oct 1, 2008, 07:52 PM
I've played for about a year now, and have only ever hit the level cap maybe twice. I just take it easy, play if I want to, don't if I don't, and I can still enjoy myself when I log on and play. I call it pacing. It's how I roll, and I'm glad I've played with that, because I am yet to really burn out.

btw, by hardcore, are you by chance referring to the more famous names who frequent these forums?

_K1_
Oct 1, 2008, 09:10 PM
Hardcore? I'm still here.

WAR is cutting into my PSU time, but I still have 3500+ hrs or so.

Zantra
Oct 2, 2008, 04:17 AM
I don't know if i'm hardcore, but I have been playing PSU since the first day, I used to be Xbox 360, but now i'm PS2/PC.

I don't play with anybody now, due to some bad experiences on the Xbox.

I'm wandering on UNI 13...

Finae
Oct 2, 2008, 04:31 AM
Bah, left that *****hole called ps2/pc like way before MAG 2 even started. Got everything I could ever want at that time, there was 0 challenge (the player run events don't help), and most of pas/bullets/techs were maxed. The only thing I was doing was making gobs of $ on a daily basis and even that got boring.

Last thing I did was going to grab my needle, made it 6/6, gave to a friend. Last day of subscription, I took it back from him so it can go to hell with my account. I looked at my Friends list at that time (200/200) and 92% offline.

But the main reason I stopped playing that crap game is because other games were coming out with great updates and not playing "Pin the tail on the next update." I don't think there could ever be a update that would make me return to the game unless the game became more challenging. I rather just play Phantasy Star Universe : Forum edition once-twice every 2 weeks. A lot more fun and very difficult at times.

But ya, like I was trying to tell a friend. What happens when you get all that l33t stuff you want? Show off to people? I for one don't care about that. Go do the same redundant ass mission again or one that will grant you nothing? Lol, thats no fun. Pawn the mobs even faster than before? That gets old. In other games, you can have l33t gear and get pawned. Go level another toon? Lol, are you trying to kill me of boredom? You have fun because of the people you play with? I have fun on AIM/MSN chatting with people and atleast on my buddy list, its not 92% offline. There are many toher things to do in PSU? Like what lol? Atleast PSO had that f'ed up Battle/Challenge Mode to go to when tired of doing those Forest - Ruins runs. Just a few of the reasons I just can't resubscribe.

And lol............I figured PS2/PC server pop is that size still if not worse. If RadiantAim still reads these boards, Sup homie.

Zarode
Oct 2, 2008, 04:58 AM
I'm a badass hardcore muda fuka oh yeahs ;o

and this game is soooo boring so I'm gonna curse about it and stuff.

Also I was the best, I hit cap every time, and blah blah blah.

I love how this thread is just going in circles.

Yes, PSU is dying, and no, for the most part, we "hardcore" players don't give a damn. Most of us have moved on to better things.

lostinseganet
Oct 2, 2008, 07:23 AM
I don't know if i'm hardcore, but I have been playing PSU since the first day, I used to be Xbox 360, but now i'm PS2/PC.

I don't play with anybody now, due to some bad experiences on the Xbox.

I'm wandering on UNI 13...If you dont know if your hard core..? Your soft core. :)

Cracka_J
Oct 2, 2008, 08:19 AM
All you really need is 3-5 friends that still play the game consistently. If you got that, you can still find a lot of enjoyment in this game.

I could care less what the remaining community thinks of me, my friends, my gear, my exp, my pa's, my meseta. None of that matters in the end. If you are still finding ways to have fun with the game, have fun with it. If not, go play something more enjoyable to you.

Games are meant for enjoyment and entertainment. If you're no longer getting that out of PSU, it's probably for the best that you aren't playing it.

Solsulis
Oct 2, 2008, 08:25 AM
All you really need is 3-5 friends that still play the game consistently. If you got that, you can still find a lot of enjoyment in this game.

I could care less what the remaining community thinks of me, my friends, my gear, my exp, my pa's, my meseta. None of that matters in the end. If you are still finding ways to have fun with the game, have fun with it. If not, go play something more enjoyable to you.

Games are meant for enjoyment and entertainment. If you're no longer getting that out of PSU, it's probably for the best that you aren't playing it.

I agree thats all you need lol or you just have 3 pages full of still active people. (You are not a "hardcore player if you quit" IMO that is so Kthxbai. The people that still play all the time are the "Hardcore" players like myself I fail to see why you even come on this forum if you do not even play this game an all you do is bad mouth it, as well as troll/flame everyones idea's. I can understand if you cannont play atm due to money, circumstances, etc. Hardcore players exist lol you just have to look as I said before.

Arika
Oct 2, 2008, 08:41 AM

Why don't you use the old set from PSOBB?

btw, yes, it is so true, it is better synchronize than winamp, and it help the game a lot :wacko:

fayt6
Oct 2, 2008, 04:15 PM
i seen this topic on a forums its about hardcore players...ive just wondered what makes a hardcore player elite what are your thoughts .. discuss

Rhonda
Oct 2, 2008, 04:18 PM
10/10 50% 40 pa's
end dicusion

shadowsniper6
Oct 2, 2008, 04:21 PM
10/10 50% 40 pa's
end dicusion
And or on 24/7

Mikura
Oct 2, 2008, 04:22 PM
Depends who you ask. Everyone has their own definition of "elite." Mine would be someone who always has to have the best, and demands absolute perfection from himself and from others around him. Such as 50% only weapons and armor, maxed PAs, maxed meseta on several characters, etc. Now that's okay if that person wants all that for himself, but an elite person demands the same from other players around him,forcing his ideals and beliefs onto others. Not everyone has that same kind of drive or motivation, nor do they have the time to amass such a wealth of items and money, but an elitist will look down upon these players and may not even play with them. That is the key difference in my opinion between an elitist and someone that's hardcore, or...dedicated to the game.

Again, all these terms are subjective and everyone has their own definition of elite, hardcore, or what have you. But this is just my interpretation.

Dana
Oct 2, 2008, 04:23 PM
10/10 50% 40 pa's
end dicusion

haha, that made me lol.

I don't think it's items, weapons, PA's or %s. I think it's a fluid way of playing. When people can be placed in a situation and find a successful way through it. The cleanest players (style wise).

A 1337 player can have sub-average equipment, as long as s/he knows how to use it, and uses if effectively, and fluidly.

That's what I think anyway.

Alastor_Haven
Oct 2, 2008, 04:24 PM
Depends who you ask. Everyone has their own definition of "elite." Mine would be someone who always has to have the best, and demands absolute perfection from himself and from others around him. Such as 50% only weapons and armor, maxed PAs, maxed meseta on several characters, etc. Now that's okay if that person wants all that for himself, but an elite person demands the same from other players around him,forcing his ideals and beliefs onto others. Not everyone has that same kind of drive or motivation, nor do they have the time to amass such a wealth of items and money, but an elitist will look down upon these players and may not even play with them. That is the key difference in my opinion between an elitist and someone that's hardcore, or...dedicated to the game.

This This

Mikura
Oct 2, 2008, 04:26 PM
haha, that made me lol.

I don't think it's items, weapons, PA's or %s. I think it's a fluid way of playing. When people can be placed in a situation and find a successful way through it. The cleanest players (style wise).

A 1337 player can have sub-average equipment, as long as s/he knows how to use it, and uses if effectively, and fluidly.

That's what I think anyway.

This is what I meant by interpretation. I interpret it as a way of thinking, or attitude about the game. You see it as a style of play. I never really think of it like that, but your point is valid regardless.

Dana
Oct 2, 2008, 04:27 PM
And Elite and Elitist are different. Elitist is just someone who thinks they are elite--they're kinda snobby, whereas some of what i'd call 'elite' people are in fact very nice. They just own at PSO/U.

This is what I meant by interpretation. I interpret it as a way of thinking, or attitude about the game. You see it as a style of play. I never really think of it like that, but your point is valid regardless.

Thank you. Yes, this is a subjective topic. And while this is only my opinion, many other will have their own. I would probably say that there are different kinds of 'elite'. Generally, the 'truely elite' will aspire to attain perfection in whatever form they deem 'perfect.

Mikura
Oct 2, 2008, 04:29 PM
And Elite and Elitist are different. Elitist is just someone who thinks they are elite--they're kinda snobby, whereas some of what i'd call 'elite' people are in fact very nice. They just own at PSO/U.

True, but I like to mention that an elite person can have an elitist attitude too, which I absolutely hate. Elite and elitist may not be the same, but they can be put together sometimes.

Dana
Oct 2, 2008, 04:32 PM
True, but I like to mention that an elite person can have an elitist attitude too, which I absolutely hate. Elite and elitist may not be the same, but they can be put together sometimes.

:disapprove:

That's also true. Some people flaunt their 'I am better than you, I have better items, and higher PA's'. Which I find annoying, but luckily for me, I just tend not to associate with them. So it's all fine and dandy.

shadowsniper6
Oct 2, 2008, 04:34 PM
so having nice Pa's and weapons/% wont make you an elite player but more of an average player...unless you know how to kill things without dieing?

The_Brimada
Oct 2, 2008, 11:24 PM
I used to almost never log out of PSU, now I can rarely be found online playing. Just no real inspiration to play besides the occasional update which I grow bored of quickly. I just play other MMOs now.

Shinko
Oct 2, 2008, 11:43 PM

Again, all these terms are subjective and everyone has their own definition of elite, hardcore, or what have you. But this is just my interpretation.

I would have to agree with this.
Me myself i'll say i have good gear, good weapons, maxs PAs, good % and LOTS of money but i wouldnt say im a elite. why? because i don't have the i think im better than you way of thinking. Yes i do try to get the best of the best stuff but if i get a 9/9 8/8 or even a 5/5 weapon insead of a 10/10 well thats no big deal. i'll try to get the best but if i dont get it oh well. 2nd is i don't care who i play with from noobs to elites... it dont matter to me as long as we are enjoying are selves.

(though i do have a thing with calling every item or weapon junk lol XD)

Arika
Oct 3, 2008, 04:50 AM
Hmm.. this is new to me, so even in English, Elite = bad term?
what about the PSU GBR title that you go from Ace->Elite->Master then ?
At first I thought that they are different between Elite and Elitist :
Elite = good/ top group.
Elitist = type of bad players among the internet that think they are good.

(anyway, I wonder who created those internet slang, they are so confusing)

AweOfShe
Oct 3, 2008, 06:02 AM
Hmm.. this is new to me, so even in English, Elite = bad term?
what about the PSU GBR title that you go from Ace->Elite->Master then ?
At first I thought that they are different between Elite and Elitist :
Elite = good/ top group.
Elitist = type of bad players among the internet that think they are good.

(anyway, I wonder who created those internet slang, they are so confusing)

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Self-proclaimed elitists or people labeled as elitists aren't even that good anyway. ;)

Gen2000
Oct 3, 2008, 11:51 AM
Anyone still playing this game now are either hardcore or insane by default anyways. Or maybe even both.

San Anto
Oct 4, 2008, 10:41 AM
Talking to a GM a few weeks back, he mentioned that they were considering cutting the universes to around 8-10. Hope they do, would make the psu community seem bigger.

San Anto
Oct 4, 2008, 10:43 AM
Serves you right for buying an xbox 3 fix me XD

Delete
Oct 4, 2008, 11:37 AM
Reason alot of us stop playing is simply because its just not enough new content on a daily basis. Im not saying i want something new every week, but do something. ONce again, im mad because gunners are still waiting for our 12 stars as well. THis game is so unbalanced, know offense, but it would be fair to release weapons of every kind instead of just fighter weps and techer stuff. I mean dam, i could of sworn there was a class called fortegunner but maybe my game is just glitched.

Reginaldo
Oct 5, 2008, 04:01 AM
I wonder if I was considered "hardcore."

thunder-ray
Oct 5, 2008, 04:19 AM
I wonder if I was considered "hardcore."Same but im probally not considered hardcore since I dont have the best stuff. I would like to say that I have decent equipment rather then the best stuff. and btw its good to see you again reg. Havent seen you in a long time DX, you just disappeared one day just like my other friends >_<.

Zantra
Oct 6, 2008, 02:23 AM
Talking to a GM a few weeks back, he mentioned that they were considering cutting the universes to around 8-10. Hope they do, would make the psu community seem bigger.

Crap... UNI 13!!!

Where will I go...

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 6, 2008, 06:20 AM
Its called life :( two of my best friends left years ago, make that 4...no more...but yeah, people get bored, go to other MMO's ect...

Sybian
Oct 6, 2008, 08:16 AM
PSU sure does not need 18 Universes. Maybe cutting back a bunch on them would solve lag issue for some people?

desturel
Oct 6, 2008, 09:41 AM

10 would probably be enough most of the time, but I would think 15 would be a bit safer for when there are events. On the 360, a the start of a new event, we can max out uni 1-3 with uni 4 having 4 stars and all other universes having 1 full star each. That would be 45 stars at peak. 9 full universes would be a bit dangerous. Having a few extra fall back universes is always nice.

Dana
Oct 6, 2008, 10:35 AM
10 would probably be enough most of the time, but I would think 15 would be a bit safer for when there are events. On the 360, a the start of a new event, we can max out uni 1-3 with uni 4 having 4 stars and all other universes having 1 full star each. That would be 45 stars at peak. 9 full universes would be a bit dangerous. Having a few extra fall back universes is always nice.

^^; I dont think PC/PS2 servers will ever be THAT full :wacko:

I think a few less Uni's is good. ._. but I like Uni 16...I'd miss it :disapprove:

Uncle_bob
Oct 6, 2008, 10:56 PM
PSU got boring.

darkante
Oct 6, 2008, 11:01 PM
Funny thing, most of the mission are made of vanilla ones.
Now if Segac could drag their H from their A, they rebalance them with a new difficulty with different enemy spawns (lets say Kog Nadd in Mad Creatures hah it doesnīt really have to make sense in term of story..i mean that would be dumb) also and so we get new stuff to hunt and more people would come back.
Simple.

Also, if story is needed. They could say in a lame sense "History has been changed, this place is not what it used to be"

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 6, 2008, 11:02 PM
Maybe....just maybe if PSU came to the wii :-o

no jk

DOOMY DOOOOOM
Oct 6, 2008, 11:10 PM
We are all chillin at the beach....

Not a video game beach either :]

II_Tokio_II
Oct 7, 2008, 09:02 PM
We are all chillin at the beach....

Not a video game beach either :]

Dude, but those poptart jellyfishes freaked me out man and that beach bum, cool times, broha.

MysticGoten
Oct 7, 2008, 10:12 PM
Why should I play when I can't level up anymore?

I only got on to take advantage of the grind bonus (which wasn't that good).

I followed the revised guide also:
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/6677/4sma1dur9.png

Took me 4 phantoms to get 1 10/10 (2 broke at 9/10 and 1 broke at 5/10)
Made 3 10/10 Snipers
1 9/10 Sange
1 7/7 Sange
1 9/9 Buccaneer
And all my S rank stuff got to 2/10

Reginaldo
Oct 8, 2008, 12:45 AM
Same but im probally not considered hardcore since I dont have the best stuff. I would like to say that I have decent equipment rather then the best stuff. and btw its good to see you again reg. Havent seen you in a long time DX, you just disappeared one day just like my other friends >_<.

Haha yeah I kinda just got sick of afking on a game I was playing less and less frequently..how are you?

For some reason I still feel like all the crap stockpiled on my account would still be pretty tradeable haha

Solsulis
Oct 8, 2008, 09:50 AM
I wonder if I was considered "hardcore."

Lol reggie its Wht...Sup bro, I would consider you the TraderWhor3 you were always trading shit!

sephiroth115
Oct 8, 2008, 10:15 AM
I know I've taken a break. I even have in my inv a 2/10 SN/G tha i haven't even used yet, bc I really don't care to play until something worth my time comes around.
Edit: P.S. "Grind boost" my @$$. I'm sorry but when you break 3- C rank weapons with C+10s, but can grind 2 As up to 10/10 from 0 no problem, back to back, there's something wrong there

Genoa
Oct 8, 2008, 11:22 AM
Phantasy Star Universe (even PSO) Is pretty much a hit or miss game.
You'll either love it... or get bored really fast =/
I was content with PSO for 4 years ONLY playing Offline.
PSU I've been playing since release, and it's still one of the games I play the most frequently today.

Solsulis
Oct 9, 2008, 08:30 AM
I play quite a bit as well Ive played since like well November 11th and ive taken a few breaks here an there but ive played PSU more than any other MMO out there this is my fave MMO peroid WoW, RA, FFXI, are alright but i love PSU an I wont consider myself a hardcore player but i do consider myself a pretty good one.

ForteGunnerW
Oct 9, 2008, 11:19 AM
Maybe....just maybe if PSU came to the wii :-o

no jk

agreeed that would be awsome

Phantasy Star Universe (even PSO) Is pretty much a hit or miss game.
You'll either love it... or get bored really fast =/
I was content with PSO for 4 years ONLY playing Offline.
PSU I've been playing since release, and it's still one of the games I play the most frequently today.

dude same story as me i only used to play PSO offline and i played PSU since release i dont think even if i wanted to leav i could...

Jinu_San
Oct 9, 2008, 12:31 PM
I am more of a really casual player .. I play when I want to play and only play for a couple hours at a time and for proof my main character is only lvl 87 and i been playing for almost two years i think or well it will bee in a couple months... I use to get on more regularly but then my friends that use to get on regularly started kinda disappearing and quit because they played so much they burnt themselves out on the game... I have only one friend that gets on now... it kinda makes me not want to play allot cause it gets boring playing alone on an mmo..

my friend is kind of hardcore i think.. She is maxed out on one character and getting close with another character most her pas are maxed with the exception of a few techs...

As for universe.. my friend and I play on which ever one we end up on XD.. unless my friend is on at the same time as i am then i will move to her uni.

hunterseifer
Oct 12, 2008, 01:46 AM
the hardcore gamers havent disappeared, im still here :D but seriously, I put to much work on this account to give up on it, just like PSO, ill be here till servers go down T_T

darkante
Oct 12, 2008, 02:01 AM
ill be here till servers go down T_T

Me too. :P