PDA

View Full Version : Relationships....

The_Gio
Sep 30, 2008, 10:28 PM
Alright well i go to high school, and, am i the only idiot who actually wants to get to meet the girl before actually dating her?...this girl liked me and was already ready to do anything, i said lets take it slow and actually try to get know each other, and she took off! At first i thought it was just her, but no, now that i look around, i thought it was only guys trying to chase ass all the time, but apparently the girls are just as bad. I dont personally believe in the word whore, cuz i mean some of us have a higher sex drive, i understand that. I just dont think a guy should be congratulated and a girl insulted for that, but whatever happened to the days where, getting to that point was actually earned and not a given?

It just feels weird being the only person i know whos interested in more than just physical intimacy...

am i being too old fashioned? is that what relationships are nowadays? just mindless pleasure in sex and having babies?

/end

AlexCraig
Sep 30, 2008, 10:37 PM
You aren't the only one who believes you should get to know a girl before you date her. I made the mistake once of date first/get to know second. BAD idea. I have since learned my lesson, and am over a year into a great relationship that began with us getting to know each other first.

"Chivalry isn't dead. It's just bored." (can't remember where I heard that.)

unicorn
Sep 30, 2008, 10:40 PM
I don't think you're being old fashioned.

Relationships can be categorized in different ways. You can have a strickly sexual relationship with someone, thats not long-term however.

Powder Keg
Sep 30, 2008, 10:41 PM
Don't you get to know someone during a date? Dates don't have to be serious, unless that's what you meant.

CelestialBlade
Sep 30, 2008, 10:47 PM
High school relationships are retarded, plain and simple. If I were you I'd wait until you're around people that are more mature before getting onto the dating scene.

Not that I think relationships are worth the trouble anyway.

The_Gio
Sep 30, 2008, 10:47 PM
Don't you get to know someone during a date? Dates don't have to be serious, unless that's what you meant.
i dont mean that in anyway, i know you get to know someone during a date, thats why you date lol. Im personally asking, am i the only one whos not sex starved at this age. I mean yeah, sex you know woo, its a good thing. I just dont see it as a good thing when its the only reason someone gets into a relationship. I guess a more basic question is, are all relationships that shallow?

Powder Keg
Sep 30, 2008, 10:52 PM
It all depends upon where you are and who you happen to see/meet. Personally, I didn't even think about that kinda stuff until I was 17, a lot later than everyone else in my school, not that much else has changed overall since then, lol

Tessu
Sep 30, 2008, 11:05 PM
Eh, it depends on how mature the two people are. Your average two shallow people are obviously not going to work out.
But on the off-chance you find two people who actually want the relationship to have some depth to it; a certain level of seriousness and intimacy, then it could work out.
Of course you're not going to find much/any of that in high school...

But I totally agree. In fact, I actually have zero desire for anyone until I meet them. I fall in love with the personality long before I fall in love with the looks. It just doesn't happen where I look at a guy and can confidently say I'd like to go out on a date with him.

Toadthroat
Sep 30, 2008, 11:53 PM
am i being too old fashioned? is that what relationships are nowadays? just mindless pleasure in sex and having babies?

/end

yes. except the babies part. big turn off.

Sybian
Oct 1, 2008, 03:37 AM
Alright well i go to high school, and, am i the only idiot who actually wants to get to meet the girl before actually dating her?...this girl liked me and was already ready to do anything, i said lets take it slow and actually try to get know each other, and she took off! At first i thought it was just her, but no, now that i look around, i thought it was only guys trying to chase ass all the time, but apparently the girls are just as bad. I dont personally believe in the word whore, cuz i mean some of us have a higher sex drive, i understand that. I just dont think a guy should be congratulated and a girl insulted for that, but whatever happened to the days where, getting to that point was actually earned and not a given?

It just feels weird being the only person i know whos interested in more than just physical intimacy...

/end

I totally agree with you but in 15-20 years your gonna look back and say damn, look how much putang I pass up on. Get it while it's fresh and legal, this is your only chance for some nice 14-16yo

amtalx
Oct 1, 2008, 09:00 AM
First of all, you should start believing in whores, particularly if you go to college. They are carriers. You were warned.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to move slow. In fact, I would encourage it. However, in HS, everyone is going through a hormonal transformation. You are expected to mount anything that moves because you're a guy. If you are looking for a substantive relationship, the kind of girl you want won't rip of your pants the first chance she gets anyway. Let her find another post to rub up against.

Kylie
Oct 1, 2008, 10:27 AM
It's high school. People rush into things--hormones and emotions are at a peak. But if you're more mature than that crowd and want a lasting relationship, play by your own rules, and there's no shame in wanting to take it slow.

The_Gio
Oct 1, 2008, 11:50 AM
I totally agree with you but in 15-20 years your gonna look back and say damn, look how much putang I pass up on. Get it while it's fresh and legal, this is your only chance for some nice 14-16yo

lmao yeah i know all my friends tell me that, thats its not a bad thing to want something more but might as well take advantage while i can

First of all, you should start believing in whores, particularly if you go to college. They are carriers. You were warned.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to move slow. In fact, I would encourage it. However, in HS, everyone is going through a hormonal transformation. You are expected to mount anything that moves because you're a guy. If you are looking for a substantive relationship, the kind of girl you want won't rip of your pants the first chance she gets anyway. Let her find another post to rub up against.

lmao!! yeah well i think at this point i dont have a choice also, i just personally dont believe in the word whores even if the girl does sleep around alot, that just means it makes her easy and not my type of girl. I mean its the same thing a girl probably thinks unless women are weird and i dont understand them at all. Where if they know a guy has had a billion girls and she might be his next number you think thats a turn on for them?

It's high school. People rush into things--hormones and emotions are at a peak. But if you're more mature than that crowd and want a lasting relationship, play by your own rules, and there's no shame in wanting to take it slow.

yeah i get that, i know our hormones are supposed to be going crazy and everything but i mean i assume since mine arent that flaming hot, im pretty sure there has to be another girl that at least has control like myself lol. Yeah i do have those moments where im just looking for anyone to do stuff with but you know like i said i have control. But thats what i have been doing with girls that come up to me, i try to play by my own rules and try to get us to meet each other thru other circumstances besides school but they end up not having that idea so just stop communicating

lol these posts made my day and just made me say eh fuck it w/e.if I find someone then ill find someone if I dont, big deal, its not like as soon as I leave high school I abandon all hope of ever getting a girl

Leviathan
Oct 1, 2008, 05:33 PM

Enjoy your jail time.

High school relatioships are just no.
I wouldn't ever want to be in one, so I'm not. Most guys at my school date a girl for a week then they proclaim they're "deep" love for one another. Have sex days later &then break-up in a month's time. It's a cycle that happens.

Hook-ups are fine &dandy if you're into that.

Eventually you will meet someone that will feel the same.
It's just high school. At college it should be better.

Inazuma
Oct 1, 2008, 06:25 PM

/end

*shakes head* you have a lot to learn. sounds like you were raised by a single mother to me. where is your father?

first off, im not surprised the girl left you after you turned her down for sex. what kind of a man are you? the whole point in "dating" is to have sex. if you arent gonna have sex, dont waste your time and money. dont get into any relationships either, just have sex. the ideal date is just meeting up, having sex, and going your separate ways. easy sex is great. dont be an idiot and pass that up.

btw, a whore is someone who receives money in exchange for sex. in other words, a prostitute. if you dont give women money, they arent whores. i think slut is the correct term you should be using.

correct me if im wrong, but it sounds like you are the type of person who is planning on getting married and having kids later on in life. please, think before you make huge life changing decisions like that. if you are gonna have kids, please think about their sake. make sure they will have 2 loving parents around, w/ enough time and money to raise them right. as for marriage, dont do it. unless you can honestly come up w/ a reason why you should. the definition of marriage is "a legal contract where the man agrees to give the woman half of everything he owns". you have to be a fool to do it.

for anyone who disagrees w/ me about men not getting married, please give me a valid reason why its beneficial for a man to get married.

Powder Keg
Oct 1, 2008, 06:53 PM
I just want bang, bang, bang!
I dont want relationship!
I dont want to know your name.
I dont want to meet you mom.
Beish, you drive me insane
when you give me that bang, bang, bang!

Ok, Annie, listen.
I dont want to make saix, eat chocolate, look at animals, take walk.
No.
You come home and you say, Hashmeer touch me down there,
I like that.
I dont think so Annie, dont have time,
want to drink, cigarette, you know.
You know what I need Annie? Ill tell you what.

I dont want to talk to you.
I dont want to know your name
I dont want relationship.

Oh, Hashmeer, Hashmeer, you look so good in that hat.
Why dont you give me lots of kaiss?
WROOONG!!
I dont think so Annie.
You want me to do things to you like the sun and the moon, idiot!
I dont have time. I have too many women.
All I got time for you know what is?

I dont want to talk to you.
I dont want to know your name
Beish, beish, beish, beish
When you give me that bang, bang, bang
Bang, bang, bang
Shiggity bang, bang, bang!
Shwat? bang, bang, bang!
I dont want relationship.

Gunslinger-08
Oct 1, 2008, 07:11 PM

The sorority women who go out every night and come back with a different guy, who then leaves a couple hours later. (I worked the front desk of my dorm when it was still co-ed.) Yep, they're all over the place. In spite of that, there are lots of good catches, you just have to find them.

In some ways, you can't blame highschool kids in this generation for their behavior. A lifestyle of copious sex and pleasure pervades the media as the lifestyle to have, so some simply don't know or understand another way of "doing things."

@ Inazuma - HIV and STDs love you, don't they?

Weeaboolits
Oct 1, 2008, 07:11 PM
*shakes head* you have a lot to learn. sounds like you were raised by a single mother to me. where is your father?

first off, im not surprised the girl left you after you turned her down for sex. what kind of a man are you? the whole point in "dating" is to have sex. if you arent gonna have sex, dont waste your time and money. dont get into any relationships either, just have sex. the ideal date is just meeting up, having sex, and going your separate ways. easy sex is great. dont be an idiot and pass that up.

btw, a whore is someone who receives money in exchange for sex. in other words, a prostitute. if you dont give women money, they arent whores. i think slut is the correct term you should be using.

correct me if im wrong, but it sounds like you are the type of person who is planning on getting married and having kids later on in life. please, think before you make huge life changing decisions like that. if you are gonna have kids, please think about their sake. make sure they will have 2 loving parents around, w/ enough time and money to raise them right. as for marriage, dont do it. unless you can honestly come up w/ a reason why you should. the definition of marriage is "a legal contract where the man agrees to give the woman half of everything he owns". you have to be a fool to do it.

for anyone who disagrees w/ me about men not getting married, please give me a valid reason why its beneficial for a man to get married.

whore /hɔr, hoʊr or, often, hʊər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hawr, hohr or, often, hoor] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, whored, whor·ing.
–noun
1. a woman who engages in promiscuous sexual intercourse, usually for money; prostitute; harlot; strumpet.

As for the rest, I don't even know, let me know when you develop either foresight, or in a worse scenario, hindsight.

Additionally, there's more legal dealings concerning marriage than just alimony.

Solstis
Oct 1, 2008, 07:27 PM
Inazuma, you seem to have confused dating with hookups.

Toadthroat
Oct 1, 2008, 07:28 PM
Thats what most high school relationships are. I don't see why you would want a serious relationship in high school. Its waaaay to early for that kinda thing.

Gunslinger-08
Oct 1, 2008, 07:36 PM
It's not an unreasonable thing to want, though. Some people are mature enough for that kind of thing while they're still in highschool. Sadly, most aren't, so you're in the minority.

Syl
Oct 1, 2008, 07:54 PM
Thats what most high school relationships are. I don't see why you would want a serious relationship in high school. Its waaaay to early for that kinda thing.

Some people are more mature and are able to do it, but you'd be pretty damn lucky if you could get a serious relationship to work in high school.

My input: If it didn't work out, oh well. You move on and find someone who would respect you for your choice. It's not a big deal.

Also

Beside I dunno, maybe wanting to spend the rest of your life with someone? Marriage is a symbol of your devotion to someone. Of course, someone of your demeanor wouldn't understand something like that. Women aren't tools or toys you can buy for your own pleasure and discard at your own leisure. Willing to bet you haven't had any decent female friends either because I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

Also, see Soltis' post for further clarification.

The_Gio
Oct 1, 2008, 08:13 PM

ill give you one thing, i was only raised by my mom, my dads somewhere in LA with his wife.

A hooker is the profession in which where money is exchanged for sex. Slut, whore are just synonyms of each other.

im not surprised the girl left either, thats all everyone wants, and thats all their willing to give and its safe to say im not always horny every minute of the day.

what kind of man am i? one who thinks with his mind not his dick, im sorry if i refuse something that makes me more of a "man"

a relationship isnt just for getting to have sex, it has to do with the fact that two people care for each other, thats why they have sex, its to prove they care for each other. Thats why I dont get into a relationship for pure sex, what kind of relationship is that?
guy: "hey"
girl: "hi"
*sex*
guy:"thanks bye!"
girl: "take care"
if you say its not like that, then you can fill in whatever bullshit lies you tell the girl to get into her pants.

easy sex is good. Anything thats easy is great. i just look at sex as something thats supposed to happen in relationships anyway so why make it the only reason to have the relationship

i do agree marriage is a waste of time, marriage is just a paper saying that you and your lover are together. I mostly see marriage as a paper proving your willing to spend your life with your lover....and if your not, then dont get married, if someone gets hurt over that, then you guys didnt have the same intentions with each other. But i do think marriage is just a waste of time, thing is, if you want to keep that person, why not just marry them then.

i do want kids, but not until i can stand on my own two feet, that being said, even if i got a girl pregnant today, id probably just go work my ass off in a 18 hour labor job just to support her. You dont need two parents to raise a kid btw, yeah its not recommended, but im glad i was only raised by mom. My dads a straight up dick who thinks he can make shit up by buying me stuff, where was he when i needed to be taught to fight to defend myself? he wasnt near, and im personally more glad he wasnt there, he just wouldve made it worse. I had it rougher cuz of that and learned more than i need to know at this age...thats probably why i dont spend all my time chasing ass . I dont get why your saying think for their sake and your saying to take easy sex. cant sex...you know...result in a baby?

as for why I want a deep relationship at this young of age. I dont see why not.
One: im already tired of hearing " man i want to bone her" and "girl i want to bone him". its like fuck is that as far as it goes for you guys? just mindless humping? and just prove going further than that is alot better than meaningless sex

Two: I dont see any cons in always knowing there's a certain someone who actually cares about you, not just your penis and is willing to help when you need help instead of when the going gets tough, "later bitch!"

and if you think friends fill in that part, no they dont. Friends are just people who choose to stay with you, and thats what doesnt make them a dependable person. They dont have to help you out, they dont have to be there for you, they have the full right to say, no i have more important things to do and if your making them feel sorry for you to help you, then im sorry but your not a very good person...

also dont get me wrong i appreciate the input : D

amtalx
Oct 1, 2008, 08:22 PM
@Inazuma: LOLOLOLLL!LL!LLLOOOO0000L0lLL! Grow up, seriously.

Aisha379
Oct 1, 2008, 08:37 PM
Theres nothing wrong at all with wanting to take things slow, its how you forge deep relationships and have the intentions of your mate challenged (Is she with me for a fling? for my money? etc).

Cannot comment on high school specifically, seeing as I was home schooled and always more mature than the average stereotypical person of <whatever age I was here>.

Take it slow, make sure you're right for eachother, get a little older and wiser. Otherwise you could turn out like a complete idiot.

Oh, speaking of which:

@Inazuma: LOLOLOLLL!LL!LLLOOOO0000L0lLL! Grow up, seriously.

Solstis
Oct 1, 2008, 10:55 PM
Cannot comment on high school specifically, seeing as I was home schooled and always more mature than the average stereotypical person of <whatever age I was here>.
:

Bleh. Home schooled kids always have this strange sparkle in their eyes when they meet Public School students. Like they're ethnographers on assignment.

(Just to exchange stereotypes, out of amusement)

Toadthroat
Oct 1, 2008, 11:13 PM
I like how the people in this thread are throwing the word "mature" around like its the holy grail of sophistication or something.

Being in a relationship doesn't make you any more mature than someone that just wants to screw around, at this age at least.
NEITHER DOES BEING HOME SCHOOLED.

Kent
Oct 1, 2008, 11:17 PM
High school relatioships are just no.
I wouldn't ever want to be in one, so I'm not. Most guys at my school date a girl for a week then they proclaim they're "deep" love for one another. Have sex days later &then break-up in a month's time. It's a cycle that happens.

Hook-ups are fine &dandy if you're into that.
These are the people that those of us who are actually respectable, stay way from.

From a purely moral standpoint, those sorts of people are nothing short of disgusting to me.

Eventually you will meet someone that will feel the same.
It's just high school. At college it should be better.
Though it is entirely possible that a real, fulfilling, and long-lasting relationship could come from high school... Raging hormones tend to cloud one's judgment on such matters. Unfortunately, this isn't always remedied by college, but people in college tend to be a lot more thoughtful and responsible - things people want for a partner in a relationship.

MaximusLight
Oct 2, 2008, 12:02 AM

/end

I'm the same way, I don't even think about a relationship with someone till I know them for a while.

thunder-ray
Oct 2, 2008, 03:48 AM

for anyone who disagrees w/ me about men not getting married, please give me a valid reason why its beneficial for a man to get married.Wow..... :nono:

Dragwind
Oct 2, 2008, 10:12 AM
Depending on your spouse and relationship, marriage has it's financial benefits with the government in the US. That varies through insurance companies and jobs though.

Aisha379
Oct 2, 2008, 10:13 AM
Being in a relationship doesn't make you any more mature than someone that just wants to screw around, at this age at least.

I don't really see how. Someone wanting a more emotional connection with someone than purely physical seems to be more mature to me.

On that issue, at least, of course it doesn't mean someone is necessarily more mature in general.

NEITHER DOES BEING HOME SCHOOLED.

Naw, but I went to public school for a long time too (just not highschool) and I was still more mature than 90% of my classmates =S

Bleh. Home schooled kids always have this strange sparkle in their eyes when they meet Public School students. Like they're ethnographers on assignment.

From my point of view its always felt the opposite @_@

Outrider
Oct 2, 2008, 04:02 PM
I like how Inazuma is playing the role of a walking cliche in tonight's performance. Good on you, my friend. (Seriously? Single parents can't raise a kid on their own? Are you not thinking or something?)

Now look, everybody. There's nothing wrong with people who just want to do the mystery dance together. For most people, they know exactly what they're getting into. Maybe not so much in high school and occasionally not in college, but guys and girls alike sometimes just want to sleep with somebody.

The issue comes up when they're not safe about it. If you're sleeping with people and not using protection against both pregnancy (unless that's your goal) or STDs, you're being incredibly irresponsible, especially if you have multiple partners. Even if you're just sleeping with a boyfriend/girlfriend, please do us all a favor and use some form of protection, if not more than one.

Now, I do agree that a lot of people treat sex and romance in a very immature manner. There are the people who keep score, who think of it lightly. I mean, sure, flirting and sex can be fun, but just like going out drinking or partying, there's no need to be an ass or a moron about it.

I don't want it to sound like I want everybody going out and hooking up with the first person they meet. Trust me, relationships can be great. Sometimes it can just be a fun couple of weeks and sometimes it can be a great bunch of years. I don't think you should feel bad if a relationship fell apart because you and the other person had your differences. It happens, and the important thing is you've learned from it. The fact of the matter is that some people are looking for relationships and others are looking for hookups. The trend moves more towards relationships as you get older because most people start looking for somebody they want to share their time with, but there's still nothing wrong with people (particularly when you're in your teens and twenties) who might only be interested in "condensed relationships."

Inazuma
Oct 2, 2008, 04:40 PM
Some people are more mature and are able to do it, but you'd be pretty damn lucky if you could get a serious relationship to work in high school.

My input: If it didn't work out, oh well. You move on and find someone who would respect you for your choice. It's not a big deal.

Also

Beside I dunno, maybe wanting to spend the rest of your life with someone? Marriage is a symbol of your devotion to someone. Of course, someone of your demeanor wouldn't understand something like that. Women aren't tools or toys you can buy for your own pleasure and discard at your own leisure. Willing to bet you haven't had any decent female friends either because I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

Also, see Soltis' post for further clarification.

nope, try again. you can spend the rest of your life w/ someone w/o being married to em. thats not a reason for men to get married at all. its like telling someone to drive thru dangerous streets to go buy a beer from the store, when they could just grab one from the kitchen. they dont need to risk their safety when they can simply grab one from the fridge.

half of all marriages end in divorce. so much for being a symbol of devotion.

@OP
funny i was right about being raised by a single mother. you would be much better off had you been raised by 2 loving parents. this is why i say ppl need to think about the kids sake and not just have kids for selfish reasons.

Syl
Oct 2, 2008, 05:04 PM
nope, try again. you can spend the rest of your life w/ someone w/o being married to em. thats not a reason for men to get married at all. its like telling someone to drive thru dangerous streets to go buy a beer from the store, when they could just grab one from the kitchen. they dont need to risk their safety when they can simply grab one from the fridge.

Heh, I left my comment half open knowing you would take it as that. Hey, let's not let people get married so they can be happy, have a family, share their love and live together!

Living together with a woman doesn't mean anything symbolically, nor legally as already stated. There's more to it that you will probably never understand considering you're practically the definition of a selfish slob. You must really not interact with people much if that's really your logic (and internet doesn't count) >_>

Half of marriages might end up bad, but that's just a lot of people marrying too soon or not thinking it over before jumping that ship. I didn't say they HAD to work out, but a symbol is a symbol, regardless of how it ended up. People can change how they feel :roll:

If you're much of a pussy to devote yourself to someone just because of statistics and pretty much just because you're selfish and don't really want to care about anyone other than yourself, you don't deserve to be happy with any girl.

amtalx
Oct 2, 2008, 05:08 PM

@OP
funny i was right about being raised by a single mother. you would be much better off had you been raised by 2 loving parents. this is why i say ppl need to think about the kids sake and not just have kids for selfish reasons.

*gets bowl of popcorn*

Odd you throw out the single parent thing. You seem to be the the one that is horribly maladjusted. :confused:

Alastor_Haven
Oct 2, 2008, 05:12 PM

@OP

You seriously have no right

To be with a girl man hahaha

Fuck I think your brains damaged or something

That's actually pretty insulting

Aisha379
Oct 2, 2008, 05:17 PM

What a stupid metaphor. So you view marriage as some dangerous, life-risking streets to cross?

Sounds to me like you had some seriously stupid morals beaten into you as a kid or something (by who, I can only assume your dad, judging by the things you've been saying.)

funny i was right about being raised by a single mother. you would be much better off had you been raised by 2 loving parents.

Thats pretty rude. Not to mention, a lot of other people here seem to agree with him, including myself, and my parents have been married for 22 years (I'm 20).

Take a close look, its not him who's screwed up, its you.

this is why i say ppl need to think about the kids sake and not just have kids for selfish reasons.

Well thank God you have the ability to say something that makes sense. However, it really doesn't tie into the subject at hand at all...

Inazuma
Oct 2, 2008, 05:34 PM
im still waiting for someone to come up w/ a valid reason for a man to get married. you can be w/ someone w/o signing a paper, so thats not a valid reason. anyone?

the reason i am anti marriage is b/c i asked myself this same question. i thought long and hard, trying to come up w/ some reason to get married but i just cant come up w/ anything. why should someone take on risks (divorce) if there is no benefit?

on the way to the liquor store, there is a street thats very dangerous. half of all drivers get into accidents and it costs them big bux. why should i risk my money driving on that street, when i can simply grab a beer from my own fridge? dont you agree that it would be foolish to do so?

and i find it amazing how ppl can argue w/ me about putting the child first. really, who is the selfish one here?

Syl
Oct 2, 2008, 05:40 PM
im still waiting for someone to come up w/ a valid reason for a man to get married. you can be w/ someone w/o signing a paper, so thats not a valid reason. anyone?

the reason i am anti marriage is b/c i asked myself this same question. i thought long and hard, trying to come up w/ some reason to get married but i just cant come up w/ anything. why should someone take on risks (divorce) if there is no benefit?

on the way to the liquor store, there is a street thats very dangerous. half of all drivers get into accidents and it costs them big bux. why should i risk my money driving on that street, when i can simply grab a beer from my own fridge? dont you agree that it would be foolish to do so?

and i find it amazing how ppl can argue w/ me about putting the child first. really, who is the selfish one here?

I don't know if I should feel pity or not. Let's go with not.

And no one's arguing the point about kids, wtf are you going on about? O_o

CelestialBlade
Oct 2, 2008, 05:46 PM
Sylvie, he's just never gone outside before, best to just sit back and take in the lolz. Try not to make eye contact.

I would normally be offended by this, but instead I'm laughing hysterically. Just, wow.

EphekZ
Oct 2, 2008, 06:02 PM
Gio, you get to know the person they want you to know while dating. You get to know who they really are in a relationship. I'll put it simply; getting to know that person=dating.
What I don't like about highschool and shit is that people think that if two people are interested in each other they need to declare it as Boyfriend/girlfriend. Then people call this dating. As far as I'm concerned, in a monogamous relationship=/= dating.
Date is go to the movies or something get to know that person, then maybe get a little intimate. again THAT IS NOT A BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND RELATIONSHIP

I don't know what you really consider dating, but I really assume it's having that title declared ASAP and holding hands around school, but most people aren't into that since it's not practical.

edit: and yeah, it's highschool dude, don't try so hard to find your highschool sweetheart.

Kent
Oct 2, 2008, 06:03 PM

Symbolism.

Maybe you should familiarize yourself with the concept of a ceremony, 'cause that's really what the actual event of being wed is all about.

Inazuma
Oct 2, 2008, 06:44 PM
Symbolism.

Maybe you should familiarize yourself with the concept of a ceremony, 'cause that's really what the actual event of being wed is all about.

alrite then. go have your wedding ceremony in the church like normal. have your "symbolism" and everything. thats fine. just dont sign the paper. there is no symbolism in writing your name on a piece of paper. you are talking about the big event where the familes/friends all dress up and gather in a beautiful church, have wedding vows, say "i do", eat cake, etc. you can do all that w/o signing away half your money w/ a paper contract. you and your woman can live the married life exactly the same as anyone else. you can live together, have her change her last name, go on a honeymoon, have kids, etc etc. (just dont go so far as to give her an expensive ring b/c thats sexist and unfair.)

i know what you are gonna say next. "women wont accept that. they want it to be official." well, my response to that is simple. there is no true love there. all that woman cares about his getting her hands on half his money. if she didnt care about the money, there shouldnt be a problem.

of course its possible for 2 ppl to be officially married and live happily ever after. but we know for a fact that half of all marriages end in divorce. so what about the half that stays together? are they all happily married? if you get married, chances are you will regret it later. and even if it works out, what have you gained that you couldnt have gotten otherwise?

marriage is like flipping a coin. heads, you get nothing. tails, you lose. i dunno, sounds pretty stupid to me.

Lyrix
Oct 2, 2008, 07:03 PM
(just dont go so far as to give her an expensive ring b/c thats sexist and unfair.)

so, giving a women a ring is sexist and unfair, but earlier, you posted saying that all men should do is have sex with women and then part ways? do you even READ what you post?

you keep posting about only having kids if you are two loving parents, and that anyone raised by a single parent will inherently turn out wrong, which is retarded in and of itself, yet it seems that you had two loving parents, and turned out as a pitiful excuse for a human being, so explain to me where your logic starts making sense?

Sidney
Oct 2, 2008, 07:09 PM
If Inazuma can do Freudian analysis and judge other members based on their parental situations , allow me to analyze him. :wacko: Methinks Inazuma says he feels the way he does because it's a front to cover up his feelings of loneliness and rejection - no woman could ever love him and/or commit to him. For alas, the only thing he could commit to is 16 hours a day on PSU. Oh har dee har har har!

P.S., on a serious note: Most women have jobs these days and have their own source of income. So they, too, are "signing away half of their money".

Alastor_Haven
Oct 2, 2008, 07:09 PM
=Inazuma;2155695

marriage is like flipping a coin. heads, you get nothing. tails, you lose. i dunno, sounds pretty stupid to me.

Where the fuck do you get this

My god LOL

Rayokarna
Oct 2, 2008, 07:16 PM
P.S., on a serious note: Most women have jobs these days and have their own source of income. So they, too, are "signing away half of their money".

Lol, I would love to live in the world where this happens.

/sarcasm

Me, myself isn't too big on the marriage thing. Espesially with all the legal stuff that goes with it. And btw that quote Alastor is so true LOL.

Solstis
Oct 2, 2008, 07:53 PM
Inazuma has mentioned that he's bi, so I guess distrusting women might work out okay for him.

Aisha379
Oct 2, 2008, 08:04 PM
Inazuma has mentioned that he's bi, so I guess distrusting women might work out okay for him.

Obviously he had to retrain his genes to like guys, because he couldn't get a girl.

So it kinda ties in with what soubrette said =o

Gunslinger-08
Oct 2, 2008, 08:34 PM
Basically, I'm reading a VERY selfish world-view from Inazuma. (world-view as in opinion of how the world works) All guys are selfish, and only want sex. All women are selfish and only want money, and sex from men, which they get by marrying them and "signing some paper."

Am I getting that right?

Inazuma
Oct 2, 2008, 08:37 PM
Basically, I'm reading a VERY selfish world-view from Inazuma. (world-view as in opinion of how the world works) All guys are selfish, and only want sex. All women as selfish and only want money, and sex from men, which they get by marrying them and "signing some paper"

Am I getting that right?

close. its a general world view, yes. its generally true that ppl are selfish and men just want sex.

im bi b/c im bi. its not something i have any say in.

TheOneHero
Oct 2, 2008, 08:39 PM
I know people can be bi/gay because of genetics, but it's your choice to act on it or not. >_> So saying you don't have any say in it, isn't true. ;3

We are what we choose to be.

Solstis
Oct 2, 2008, 08:51 PM
I know people can be bi/gay because of genetics, but it's your choice to act on it or not. >_> So saying you don't have any say in it, isn't true. ;3

We are what we choose to be.

You can be gay without having sex with men. Sexuality isn't determined by who or what you have sex with, but what you find sexually attractive.

CupOfCoffee
Oct 2, 2008, 09:28 PM
Oh man, even I, someone who cringes in disgust when considering a married future, find Inazuma to be a golden god of inadvertent comedy.

Then again, he's probably just trolling. =/

CelestialBlade
Oct 2, 2008, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure why any of you are wasting your breath here, considering no logic is ever going to penetrate the barrier of ignorance surrounding Inazuma's head. Just laugh at the incredible sadness when you realize he's actually serious about what he posts, and how absolutely ridiculous his opinions are. Loco en la cabeza, mang....

Nitro Vordex
Oct 2, 2008, 09:51 PM
He should really stop watching TV so much.

When will parents learn that the TV isn't a babysitter?! D:

amtalx
Oct 2, 2008, 10:09 PM
Brilliant!

*waits for mod lightning bolts*

The_Gio
Oct 2, 2008, 10:12 PM
i just feel bad cuz he/she really thinks you need everything to go right in your life for your life to be right. I take it your not the type to learn from your mistakes and try to change for the best (as you so openly demonstrated) From what i can see, your someone who focuses on the bad of people and is very pessimistic about your life, id be surprised if you can even walk down a street without thinking your gonna get mugged and killed, did your wonderful 2 parents tell you that?

like i said in my other post, im fucking glad i didnt have a dad around, it taught me so much more than i think youd ever understand. It taught me to take care of myself when I was 13. It obviously taught me how to be a "man" for my own reasons instead of just following my BIG, STRONG father

theres nothing wrong with looking up to your dad, its just when your dad doesnt teach you anything is when i get bothered

Gio, you get to know the person they want you to know while dating. You get to know who they really are in a relationship. I'll put it simply; getting to know that person=dating.
What I don't like about highschool and shit is that people think that if two people are interested in each other they need to declare it as Boyfriend/girlfriend. Then people call this dating. As far as I'm concerned, in a monogamous relationship=/= dating.
Date is go to the movies or something get to know that person, then maybe get a little intimate. again THAT IS NOT A BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND RELATIONSHIP

I don't know what you really consider dating, but I really assume it's having that title declared ASAP and holding hands around school, but most people aren't into that since it's not practical.

edit: and yeah, it's highschool dude, don't try so hard to find your highschool sweetheart.

and thank you someone for actually trying to answer my question, I appreciate all the responses everyone! if a mod sees this you can lock it now cuz its just turning more into an argument than an actual topic, its sad it was reduced to this tho

Adriano
Oct 2, 2008, 10:30 PM
what kind of a man are you? the whole point in "dating" is to have sex. if you arent gonna have sex, dont waste your time and money. dont get into any relationships either, just have sex. the ideal date is just meeting up, having sex, and going your separate ways. easy sex is great. dont be an idiot and pass that up.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm46/adrianopsu/cow.jpg

Powder Keg
Oct 2, 2008, 11:50 PM
^

WRRRRRYYYYYY!!

Kent
Oct 3, 2008, 12:39 AM
alrite then. go have your wedding ceremony in the church like normal. have your "symbolism" and everything. thats fine. just dont sign the paper. there is no symbolism in writing your name on a piece of paper.
...Maybe you should re-evaluate your perceived definition of the word "symbolism."

Representation of a concept (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/concept) through symbols (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/symbol) or underlying meanings (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/meaning) of objects or qualities.

Do you know what a signature is? It's a symbolic representation of your consent and agreement to a set of terms and conditions - in these circumstances. That is to say... You're instating a symbol of your concurrence.

i know what you are gonna say next. "women wont accept that. they want it to be official."
I'd not be so daft; rework your predictions.

what have you gained that you couldnt have gotten otherwise?
Status. It's something that men and women abroad are willing to shed blood, sweat, and tears for. Marriage happens to be a status that people want to earn, too - it's the reason so many people get hastily married, as the concept of having that status appeals to such an extent that their greater judgment is blinded by it.

Tyreek
Oct 3, 2008, 01:34 AM
Gio. What you do for getting a serious relationship is your choice. To be honest, I'm happy you are choosing this path. I bet it'll be a worth-while feeling when you do find that somebody you want to share your life with. Right now, I'm saving myself for when I get out into the real world (out of college) so I can find that somebody too. But props to you for taking the initiative a little early.

Inazuma
Oct 3, 2008, 01:44 AM
Status. It's something that men and women abroad are willing to shed blood, sweat, and tears for. Marriage happens to be a status that people want to earn, too - it's the reason so many people get hastily married, as the concept of having that status appeals to such an extent that their greater judgment is blinded by it.

status? what do you mean exactly? being able to tell your friends you are married is why men should get married? it makes you seem like a better person to other if you are married?

Chuck_Norris
Oct 3, 2008, 02:35 AM
status? what do you mean exactly? being able to tell your friends you are married is why men should get married? it makes you seem like a better person to other if you are married?

Let's say you want to get a good paying job at a company. Which do you think would have a better chance of getting the job? A responsible aduilt who's been married (Possibly with kids) for years and genuninely loves them, or you, some guy who goes out partying, having sex with women then leaving before they wake up, and waking up wasted nearly every day? And what if one of those women you left has a status of power where you're trying to work at?

AKA:Married men are generally respected more by mature people.

Majarra
Oct 3, 2008, 03:16 AM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm46/adrianopsu/cow.jpgDamn adriano you always have the most random pics and they are really funny XD @ last one

Inazuma
Oct 3, 2008, 06:11 AM
Let's say you want to get a good paying job at a company. Which do you think would have a better chance of getting the job? A responsible aduilt who's been married (Possibly with kids) for years and genuninely loves them, or you, some guy who goes out partying, having sex with women then leaving before they wake up, and waking up wasted nearly every day? And what if one of those women you left has a status of power where you're trying to work at?

AKA:Married men are generally respected more by mature people.

so just b/c most ppl think marriage is a good thing, its worth doing? thats funny. this reminds me of that old saying: if all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?

personally, since i look at marriage for what it really is, i think less of ppl who are married.

raikomaru40
Oct 3, 2008, 06:54 AM
I take the time to become really good friends with girls, then when I date them, they still turn out crazy. Maybe it's just me.... :wacko:

The_Gio
Oct 3, 2008, 09:00 AM
this still isnt locked? maybe the mods arent locking this on purpose...just to see how far it goes lol...ah well...

I take the time to become really good friends with girls, then when I date them, they still turn out crazy. Maybe it's just me.... :wacko:

I love crazy women, i dunno about anyone else, but I dont expect anything out of anyone, especially a girl that could be my girlfriend. She could be normal and you know thats cool too, but lets say I got together with this girl that just came up to me, she was a very hardcore junkie, i mean seriously she does alot of stupid things and thats what i liked about her lol. Its not that its cool or anything like that, its just its what her thing is, im not gonna tell her to change for me.If i wanted the same, id settle for any other girl and it just shows me what type of person she is, not the addicted person, but the person where she doesnt really care and just does what she wants no matter who shes dealing with which is really the type of girl I want. The type who dont change for anyone but themselves

Anyway my point is I dont expect anything from a girlfriend, except their time, and thats the time to get to know her and spend it together, i dont expect anything out of friends if you didnt read for the reasons I posted earlier heh. I dont expect a hardcore relationship where its true love, im a very laid back person really...I just noticed theres two extremes in this post, and it just made me see I really am alone with my opinions lol. Cuz I mean, one guys going, NO! RELATIONSHIP ONLY SEX!!!ONLY SEX!!! while others are saying, that just because i want a deeper relationship that i want true love, and thats not really true, i just want someone whos just laid back, and actually just wants to spend time together and nothing else : D

But you know if their crazy, i get more attracted to that type of stuff, im more attracted to the imperfections of someone than their good qualities cuz its just whats so cool about them. Nothing like saying to yourself and just smiling, My girlfriends on drugs!

CelestialBlade
Oct 3, 2008, 09:41 AM
You have to admit Gio, this is pretty hilarious ^^ But I'm glad you at least got some worthwhile advice out of this thread (that isn't from completely ignorant people). Good luck to you.

Solstis
Oct 3, 2008, 10:29 AM
If you want the topic locked, send a PM to a moderator. They aren't thread-scanning automatons.

Back to Inazuma, I have friends that share his sentiments (except for the women=greedy thing), but I consider them to be immature. They talk about how great it is to be single, but later complain about not getting any and being lonely. That said, they probably have more fun, but whatcha gonna do?

Aisha379
Oct 3, 2008, 11:15 AM
personally, since i look at marriage for what it really is, i think less of ppl who are married.

And I'm sure they cry out at night, wanting the approval of such a despicable womanizing being such as yourself.

The_Gio
Oct 3, 2008, 12:30 PM
If you want the topic locked, send a PM to a moderator. They aren't thread-scanning automatons.

thats the funny part! i did lol, theyre just looking for some action probably

You have to admit Gio, this is pretty hilarious ^^ But I'm glad you at least got some worthwhile advice out of this thread (that isn't from completely ignorant people). Good luck to you.

lol thank you. I didnt really expect this to be coming out with a comedic ending like this lol but whatre you gonna do? Like I said earlier thank you everyone for the advice!

P.S you know what also caught my attention, how many views this post got, its near 1000 which is alot for a rant lol

AlexCraig
Oct 3, 2008, 02:52 PM
Next time you want a thread locked, you can use the "Report" button. Some of us don't have powers here, while others of us are busy with other things.