PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Xbox Live Having Problems, PSU Might Be Affected.

joefro
Sep 30, 2008, 10:47 PM
You may get, "Connection to Phantasy Star Universe Server failed."

http://twitter.com/majornelson

Check Major Nelson's Twitter for the status of Live.

Erkthemerc
Sep 30, 2008, 10:51 PM
me too...

WildArms2
Sep 30, 2008, 10:55 PM
ME TOO

Scarlett
Sep 30, 2008, 10:56 PM
this soxs

joefro
Sep 30, 2008, 10:57 PM
I would blame this on Microsoft because Live usually gets really slow during the holidays, but I'm still connected to xbl just not Psu.:(

SupraMKIV
Sep 30, 2008, 10:58 PM
At least your still on Live... PSU kicked me and Live disconnected. Now I can't even log back in.

Erkthemerc
Sep 30, 2008, 11:00 PM
i just got done wit my HW and now i cant play...i am sad.

Green_Bandit
Sep 30, 2008, 11:02 PM
Live just went and crapped out. I was playing Halo and it kicked me off of live and I couldnt reconnect along with my friends.

Turb0
Sep 30, 2008, 11:04 PM
My friend just got kicked off live too but I'm still signed on fine on the dash. I have no friends online though.:-o

joefro
Sep 30, 2008, 11:08 PM
It must have only kicked off people playing games then. I'm in the dashboard and all of my friends that are online are too. It's the opposite of last year. Last year it was only possible to get on Live while you were playing a game, but not on the dashboard, iirc.

CJ Johnny
Sep 30, 2008, 11:11 PM
http://twitter.com/majornelson

Turb0
Sep 30, 2008, 11:15 PM
It must have only kicked off people playing games then. I'm in the dashboard and all of my friends that are online are too. It's the opposite of last year. Last year it was only possible to get on Live while you were playing a game, but not on the dashboard, iirc.

Don't think so because my friend and I were both on the dash when he lost connection.

SupraMKIV
Sep 30, 2008, 11:18 PM
Checked my xbox through the site, had four friends out of my 20+ that were online.

No wait they've all been kicked out, including friends idle on the dashboard

joefro
Sep 30, 2008, 11:20 PM
Don't think so because my friend and I were both on the dash when he lost connection.
I just hope they fix it soon.:sleepy:

EurekaX
Sep 30, 2008, 11:30 PM
Suddenly Uni 1 had only one star, I checked my friendlist and everyone was off...

But for some reason I'm able to play on live, and PSU.

EurekaX
Sep 30, 2008, 11:32 PM
You gotta love how RIGHT WHEN I POST I disconnect from xboxlive.

I've already waited a whole day and planned myself, now they do this.

Raveno
Sep 30, 2008, 11:37 PM
wtf are we paying money for? quality service..and they just did a 24hr maintenance job... this happened earlier today too

between the fact I can't turn off my xbox due to the rrod...and this? eh i guess i'll hop on psobb until live up

Turb0
Sep 30, 2008, 11:38 PM
I just got disconnected too and can't sign back on but I'm going to bed anyway so w/e. Hopefully they fix this soon for you guys.:(

joefro
Sep 30, 2008, 11:41 PM
Yep, I disconnected too. I'm just gonna call it a night and watch a movie.

Erkthemerc
Sep 30, 2008, 11:44 PM
Why do they hate us?

Darklighter
Sep 30, 2008, 11:51 PM
Heh, figures. I actually WANT to play PSU for once and I cant.

Raveno
Sep 30, 2008, 11:56 PM
okay, I got to play some music on my dashboard...comeback out to check if I can log back in...hey i'm already logged in :)...start game up..."gotta be logged into xbox live" . . . can't log in now

Darius_Drake
Oct 1, 2008, 09:53 AM
Can't blame Segac for this one.

TheBossman
Oct 1, 2008, 11:59 AM
i got disconnected now im trying to test connection and it keeps saying failed for xbox live symbol anyone else having this problem?

garjian
Oct 1, 2008, 12:00 PM
yeah wtf... (was about to post this myself :/)

Anduril
Oct 1, 2008, 12:01 PM
I was having this problem last night, but it eventually resolved itself, though I was playing an XBOX original game. Maybe you should just try resetting your Router/Modem since that can occassionally cause a similar problem.

EDIT: Or maybe there are some issues as a result of the downtime (maybe some mistake they made or people flooding LIVE like last winter), since multiple people are getting this problem.
(Can't personally check since I'm not at home)

mAsTeR OuTi
Oct 1, 2008, 12:02 PM
same here... :/

TheBossman
Oct 1, 2008, 12:02 PM
wow crazy how servers keep going down during the boost..lol..segas behind it

Spartan Law
Oct 1, 2008, 12:08 PM
I'm having problems too. When it goes back up I'll post here so OP can change title!

Meh, none of my friends were on anyways and I was bored but trust it to happen just as I'm about to do something :-x

garjian
Oct 1, 2008, 12:12 PM
i wonder what happened... must be a giltch in the update they did... but WHAAAAAAAT!? :O

Thor131
Oct 1, 2008, 12:13 PM
I was taking out synths and I swear if I loose my Rattlesnake Xbox Live is going so down that the earth will need to explode into tiny chuncks for them to crawl out of the hole I'll put them in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

garjian
Oct 1, 2008, 12:22 PM
anyone know whats going on? why is xbox live down?

Spartan Law
Oct 1, 2008, 12:23 PM
Its acting a bit sluggish (rebooted my router to check it wasn't me) but I'm now signed in on Live and sitting on the dashboard, time to try PSU!

(Will edit with results)

Looks like its all working now. All logged on and working. Messaged one of my friends who was playing SC4 and he said he was booted off a couple times. I think this community is going to start having issues with the word "Update" meaning some form of glitch, rollback or issue is imminent!

TheBossman
Oct 1, 2008, 12:30 PM
i disconnected from live and still cant get on

Spartan Law
Oct 1, 2008, 12:31 PM
i disconnected from live and still cant get on

Really? It booted me from Live and was giving me the same error you were reporting. I restarted my 360 a few times and did the connection test but its all working now. :-?

S4CT4L1TY
Oct 1, 2008, 12:49 PM
lol is microsoft taking update tips from sega now:D

shadowsniper6
Oct 1, 2008, 01:14 PM
lol is microsoft taking update tips from sega now:D

i cant believe it it cant be true Nooooooooooooo i cant play games anyway my disk tray is broken

Spartan Law
Oct 1, 2008, 02:13 PM
It just disconnected me again although now its not letting me on again like earlier and also, it decided to do it slap bang when i was trying to take a 5/7 pushan to 6/7 which im guessing is now going to be a 0/6 Pushan?

Neith
Oct 1, 2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I keep getting booted from XBL too. My 360's also incredibly sluggish today (even after clearing the cache), so I wonder if it's related >_>

Majarra
Oct 1, 2008, 02:26 PM
lol is microsoft taking update tips from sega now:DThis. Oh great now well never get our new xbox expireince.

Turb0
Oct 1, 2008, 05:19 PM
It just disconnected me again although now its not letting me on again like earlier and also, it decided to do it slap bang when i was trying to take a 5/7 pushan to 6/7 which im guessing is now going to be a 0/6 Pushan?

Not necessarily, it doesn't break everytime that happens. (I tried experimented with it before) If it did, that'd be a guaranteed way to get 0/0s.

Spartan Law
Oct 1, 2008, 05:40 PM
Not necessarily, it doesn't break everytime that happens. (I tried experimented with it before) If it did, that'd be a guaranteed way to get 0/0s.

Good Point. It did look like it was showing me the break animation just as it disconnected me so I'm expecting a 0/6 to be there when I get on tomorrow. :-(

Suppose I'll edit when I found out what it is.

EDIT: Yup 0/6. Oh happy days -_-