PDA

View Full Version : Ben and Jerry's Breast Milk

TheOneHero
Oct 1, 2008, 04:37 PM
This is so entertaining:

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081001/UPDATES01/81001005

Tact
Oct 1, 2008, 04:51 PM
No offense, but news ages faster than technology does. :wacko:

The media has moved on to other things now.

Scrub
Oct 1, 2008, 04:56 PM
Stop finding shitty excuses to make threads about tits, One.

Tessu
Oct 1, 2008, 06:05 PM
Sounds great--oh wait, breast milk is yellow and sour.

Solstis
Oct 1, 2008, 06:06 PM
Stop finding titty excuses to make threads about shits, One.

Hahah!

ShinMaruku
Oct 1, 2008, 07:17 PM
BOOBIES!

TheOneHero
Oct 1, 2008, 07:22 PM
I hear Sil'fer is helping out, Shin. :3

ShinMaruku
Oct 1, 2008, 07:42 PM
:E
Got milk frauen?

Nitro Vordex
Oct 1, 2008, 08:00 PM
Ben and Jerry's Breast MilkAm I the only one that thinks that sounds horribly wrong and disgusting. :disapprove:

Monochrome
Oct 1, 2008, 10:23 PM
I am getting a mental image.

Moo2u
Oct 2, 2008, 02:03 AM
PETA doesn't want you to use milk of animals, but it's ok with the milk from humans.
PETA doesn't want you to eat meat of animals, so logically they're ok if it's meat from humans.

PETA SUPPORTS CANNIBALISM!!
FACT!

Weeaboolits
Oct 2, 2008, 06:10 AM
They really are grasping at straws though, I'm sure the ladies will just be JUMPING to volunteer for this, and I'm sure it'd sell extremely well too!

Then again, since when has PETA had an ounce of sense?

Larian
Oct 2, 2008, 10:33 AM
I lol'd

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 2, 2008, 12:27 PM

Whoever the hell is behind the initiatives that PETA takes has got to be the most short-sighted SOB on the planet.

PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.

This statement demonstrates very, very clearly, that these people have absolutely no understanding of dairy cows, whatsoever. These are not animals that have the ability to live without human intervention.

The cows want to be milked, because the whole thing hurts. I've worked on a dairy myself, and I can testify that the cows enter the milkhouse to be milked quite orderly and eagerly. Today's dairy cows have been bred over many, many generations to produce as much milk as possible. The end result is that a modern dairy cow must be milked twice a day, each one producing several gallons of milk over a 12 hour period. Without being milked, the utter will rupture, killing the cow.

Cows won't produce any milk until after they've given birth. The calves are immediately separated from their mothers, because the calves will drink milk until they die. They will start and continue without stopping until the mother runs out of milk. Because the mother produces such a large amount of milk, the calf will consume far more than it can contain, resulting in the death of the calf.

Simply enough, if predators don't kill off cows released into the wild, then breeding will. Furthermore, there is no way to maintain a population of cows without milking them. If you want to "lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies", then for the love of cheese and rice, go buy a gallon of milk, and keep up the demand for it. Buy some cheese, some yogurt, some ice cream, or sour cream. Keep up the demand for the dairy products, and no cows will have to die.

Adriano
Oct 2, 2008, 12:58 PM
Thank GOD I don't eat dairy. :wacko:

................often >>

Nitro Vordex
Oct 2, 2008, 06:33 PM
PETA=Scientology.

Lawl?

Dhylec
Oct 2, 2008, 06:35 PM
Thank GOD I don't eat dairy. :wacko:
................often >>
;oya?
then git off the pc & grab a pint of milk!
think of the calvez, help da cowz, save da planet chu ;o

Moo2u
Oct 2, 2008, 06:38 PM
:cowsleep:

TalHex
Oct 2, 2008, 06:42 PM
*eating an ice cream bar*

Moo2u
Oct 2, 2008, 07:59 PM
MURDERER!!

Zarode
Oct 2, 2008, 08:08 PM
Cows suffer, PETA!

Reading that made me feel sad.

And hungry for milk based products too.

Sord
Oct 2, 2008, 08:33 PM
i want ice cream now

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 2, 2008, 09:11 PM
Reading that made me feel sad.

And hungry for milk based products too.

Really, it's simple enough-- if you want to "ease the suffering of dairy cows", the best thing you can possibly do, is maintain the demand for dairy products. For what it's worth, dairy cows are exceptionally unintelligent creatures (bulls, for example, can be adequately intimidated by a confident stride to make him back away from a person less than a quarter his weight), so I really can't justify that any "suffering" they encounter really means very much to them.

astuarlen
Oct 2, 2008, 09:24 PM
I imagine the floodgates of opportunity opening for women everywhere. The ladies can stop pushing for paid maternity leave, now that they can be economically productive after squirting out a little squaller.

Well, one can dream!

ShinMaruku
Oct 2, 2008, 09:25 PM
BOOBIES!

TheOneHero
Oct 2, 2008, 09:47 PM
You know Meira, I totally agree! I saw tidbits of that situation on Dirty Jobs and the like.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 2, 2008, 11:35 PM
You know Meira, I totally agree! I saw tidbits of that situation on Dirty Jobs and the like.

Dirty Jobs had a dairy episode? I haven't seen it. I saw the pig farmer episode, though. For what it's worth, cows aren't usually artificially inseminated, like the pig on that episode of Dirty Jobs was.

Solstis
Oct 3, 2008, 12:00 AM
I imagine the floodgates of opportunity opening for women everywhere. The ladies can stop pushing for paid maternity leave, now that they can be economically productive after squirting out a little squaller.

Well, one can dream!

The glass ceiling certainly is shinier in reflection of that tidbit!

Weeaboolits
Oct 3, 2008, 01:11 AM
BOOBIES!Subtle as always.

TheOneHero
Oct 3, 2008, 01:14 AM
Subtle as always.

Should have seen what Tess posted. :nono: