PDA

View Full Version : Should there only be four races?

Saligun
Oct 1, 2008, 08:57 PM
I think theres at least one type of race missing from PSU and thats some kind of lizard class race there are pleny of enemies that are lizardy looking,why not have a playable race something along the lizardy looking way.They could be great hunters and have a tail that could be used as a weapon maybe.

Anybody else feel free to add your input on this or your own new race idea.

_K1_
Oct 1, 2008, 09:08 PM
there are pleny of enemies that are lizardy looking,
Other than dragons, what looks like a lizard? I'm curious.

ashley50
Oct 1, 2008, 09:11 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/soulcalibur/images/thumb/f/f3/Sc4-lizardman.jpg/300px-Sc4-lizardman.jpg

afterthoughtz
Oct 1, 2008, 09:15 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/soulcalibur/images/thumb/f/f3/Sc4-lizardman.jpg/300px-Sc4-lizardman.jpg
OH OH OH OH I RECOGNIZE THAT!!!!! Soul Caliber 4 lizard!!!!

Chuck_Norris
Oct 1, 2008, 09:16 PM
Should there only be four races?

No, there should only be 3. *Kicks every human in existance into The Dead Zone*

PALRAPPYS
I play a bit TOO much Soul Calibur to have totally forgot that wasn't PSU material. XD

Alastor_Haven

I AGREE

BRING HIM IN

afterthoughtz
Oct 1, 2008, 09:18 PM
No, there should only be 3. *Kicks every human in existance into The Dead Zone*

Pipe down chuck or i'll bring Bruce Lee back from the grave....:)
Also i think a few more races would be awesome, not sure about a lizard race tho.....
Way outta the psu realm but heres what i want:)
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WgAjA8Adsn7EEGQXtMRPlNJaIIqAs58IjPx6EMFbsX0t0ZL4D NLws4LtWD2ZjT7!um8Gq2IinpeplzHWVulwu!i590qsY77kJr9 W4xOLkf1m1DEdnSNloCjWd1cEJ!EM9!X48sT0kSY/Gargoyle.bmp?dc=4675466172112164499

Kinako78
Oct 1, 2008, 09:27 PM
*jumps out of the Dead Zone and kicks Chuck in*

Anyway, no to the lizard. Yes to afterthoughtz's idea.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 1, 2008, 09:34 PM
*jumps out of the Dead Zone and kicks Chuck in*

Anyway, no to the lizard. Yes to afterthoughtz's idea.

You can't, fool. *Plugs Dead Zone up with REALLY oversized wine bottle cork*

Kinako78
Oct 1, 2008, 09:41 PM
You can't, fool. *Plugs Dead Zone up with REALLY oversized wine bottle cork*

A bit late for that now, don't you think?

Omega_Weltall
Oct 1, 2008, 10:11 PM
i say bring back DEZOLIANS! make THEM the magic users and turn Newmans back into the lithe, fast claw your eyes out badasses they were in PS2 and 4

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 1, 2008, 10:33 PM
How well did beasts hit with the fans? If not so well, then I'd say 3 will do. Though PSU would have been a bit unbalanced toward CASTs if this were the case.

Actually I like Omega_Weltall's suggestion.

Omega_Weltall
Oct 1, 2008, 10:36 PM
Thank you ^_^ if you think about it, Dezolians fit in the whole Neudaiz culture better anyway.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 2, 2008, 12:14 AM
A bit late for that now, don't you think?

Nope, because you didn't do it. :wacko:

pikachief
Oct 2, 2008, 12:17 AM
y is there no chuck norris race? u know, beasts without the beast form and less hairy with human ears >.> (AND WITH ATA D:)

thats what humans should be like ATA of a newman (maybe a bit higher) and the atp of a cast! they already dont have a special might as well make them strong :P

Chuck_Norris
Oct 2, 2008, 12:21 AM
y is there no chuck norris race? u know, beasts without the beast form and less hairy with human ears >.> (AND WITH ATA D:)

thats what humans should be like ATA of a newman (maybe a bit higher) and the atp of a cast! they already dont have a special might as well make them strong :P

Pfft, the Chuck race would have the ATP of five nanoblasts combined, and the ATA of Jabroga. :wacko:

Seority
Oct 2, 2008, 03:19 AM
Oh ho ho~
Dragons eh?
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h106/Seority/blackdragon.jpg

OP: 4 races is enough. Lizards in PS? Lol, they're ugly anyway.

GoldenFalcon
Oct 2, 2008, 04:22 AM
...don't you think?
Nope...

:wacko:

Zantra
Oct 2, 2008, 04:25 AM
Yeah... and we already have a beast-type race, that's good at being hunters...

They're called beasts...

gorefiend
Oct 2, 2008, 06:30 AM
I think theres at least one type of race missing from PSU and thats some kind of lizard class race there are pleny of enemies that are lizardy looking,why not have a playable race something along the lizardy looking way.They could be great hunters and have a tail that could be used as a weapon maybe.

Anybody else feel free to add your input on this or your own new race idea.

A demon style character that has the ability too fly with it's wing's and It's beginning weapons could be a demon bow and a dragon tooth sword and Demon tail whip

When it hit's level 20 it gets demon form where the stats go up about 20 or so, (bit op) the demon form would have bigger horns tail is longer and if you look carefully if they have movement in the mouth sharp teeth and also blood shot eye's.

(demon class would be a human experiment That have adopted the name demon by the scienctist)

they also have a sword arm in demon form (save your pp on weapon in normal form) =D thats all i have but i will edit the race too make it sound better and i may also use my oblivion mod creator too make what they would look like just so you have a better idea of them =D.

Arika
Oct 2, 2008, 06:34 AM
OH OH OH OH I RECOGNIZE THAT!!!!! Soul Caliber 4 lizard!!!!
Devil May Cry 4 has similar lizard.

thematesV2
Oct 2, 2008, 08:16 AM
I think that numerous races are o-k, they just need to make playing each race a different experience. the races are too similar in play style. they all move the same, are about the same size, time their attacks the same, use the same weapons....
make the newman class faster, but weaker, and give them their own couple weapons,

make the beasts faster and use less weapons with a big bonus while fighting without weapons, i.e. with natural weapons.

give the humans the most weapon use but no stat boosts, and give them a mag/PM to run with that they can choose their stat boosts..

give the casts good defense and strength, but weaker elemental def, and a select weapon base

and for god sakes have each one attack differently....
then consider adding a new race,

I like the idea of adding a seed race, or dark race or whatever, but then you cross over into playing the bad guys......

Shinko
Oct 2, 2008, 08:27 AM
I think that numerous races are o-k, they just need to make playing each race a different experience. the races are too similar in play style. they all move the same, are about the same size, time their attacks the same, use the same weapons....
make the newman class faster, but weaker, and give them their own couple weapons,

make the beasts faster and use less weapons with a big bonus while fighting without weapons, i.e. with natural weapons.

give the humans the most weapon use but no stat boosts, and give them a mag/PM to run with that they can choose their stat boosts..

give the casts good defense and strength, but weaker elemental def, and a select weapon base

I like the idea of adding a seed race, or dark race or whatever, but then you cross over into playing the bad guys......

I like this idea. i agree with this. All the races do feel the same thats why most ppl pick base on looks mainly instead of race and stats.

I really agree with the have each race attack/movement differently part

Solsulis
Oct 2, 2008, 08:35 AM

I agree with almost all of it for the most part. Adding a dark race would be awsome and the attacking part would be awsome as well.

Omega_Weltall
Oct 2, 2008, 08:54 AM
Hi Phantasy Star! Remember US?! http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c31/OmegaWeltall/dezorian.gif...well eff you! ;_;

Arika
Oct 2, 2008, 09:11 AM
Hi Phantasy Star! Remember US?! http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c31/OmegaWeltall/dezorian.gif...well eff you! ;_;

WHAT IS THIS THING? :p

Omega_Weltall
Oct 2, 2008, 09:36 AM
a Dezolian from Phantasy Star 1, you could fight them or talk to them. i recommend talking it out cause they're kinda strong

thematesV2
Oct 2, 2008, 10:15 AM
nice! were they like lawkeepers or something? what was the character trait that allowed you to choose whether to talk or fight?

although it did get kind of boring, I loved the option to talk through some of the battles in Knights of the old republic, some of which even let you get dark force guys on your squad.

anyhow, you had that option because as a jedi you were either a peacekeeper or a warlord, both of which allowed talking enemies over to your side.

Powder Keg
Oct 2, 2008, 10:16 AM
Hmm, if I wanted another race to be in PSU I'd want it to be more Tech oriented so that human doesn't seem even weaker.

unicorn
Oct 2, 2008, 10:54 AM
Omg I agree with Omega Wall!!! XD Bring back Dezolians!!!

For some reason I think it should be like this...

Beast:
- Highest ATP, HP
- Below Average EVP, MST, ATA
- Lowest TP (lower than CASTs. Beasts should be primitive enough to not know how to use them correctly!)

CAST
- Highest DFP, ATA
- Good ATP, HP
- Below Average TP
- Lowest MST, EVP

Human
- Above Average TP, MST, EVP
- Average HP, ATP, DFP
- Below Average ATA

Newman
- Highest EVP, MST, and STA! Yes. Make Newman the STA race.
- Above Average TP, ATA
- Below Average ATP
- Lowest DFP, HP

Dezolian
- Highest TP
- Above Average MST
- Below Average DFP, HP
- Lowest ATP, EVP, and ATA.

I would say make Dezolians the best attack techers. They would have better defensive stats than Newmans at techers. Newman playing techers would still be more agile (EVP) and have more MST and STA.

stukasa
Oct 2, 2008, 10:59 AM
I like the four races we have, I don't think we need another one. Four character slots per account = perfect for having one character of every race. Assuming you wanted to do that.

unicorn
Oct 2, 2008, 11:13 AM
:O MABEH GIB MORE CHAR SPOTS!? Be still my imagination.

Sinue_v2
Oct 2, 2008, 12:35 PM
Omg I agree with Omega Wall!!! XD Bring back Dezolians!!!

For some reason I think it should be like this...

Beast:
- Highest ATP, HP
- Below Average EVP, MST, ATA
- Lowest TP (lower than CASTs. Beasts should be primitive enough to not know how to use them correctly!)

Considering they come from the same solar system, adding Dezolians in would pretty much mean you'd have to bring back Motavians if you were going to add a Beast race. While I do have a soft-spot for the little cloaked Jawa looking guys, the larger and more burly warriors like Grandfather Doran and Gryz are good too.

Just wouldn't seem right to have one without the other... especially since Beasts in PSU were inspired by Motavians.

I dunno... I think I'd be just as happy with totally NEW races, just so long as they were ALIEN races. It doesn't seem right that there are no aliens in Sega's Sci-Fi Fantasy space exploring planet hopping rpg. The bullshit of there being just multiple genetic experiment flavors of the same old human race is rather dull and boring. Most standard midevil RPGs at least have a full compliment of different races - look at FFXI, which takes place on one planet yet still has Taru, Mithra, and Galka to compliment Humes and the Hume-like Elvaan. And we're to expect that there's LESS diversity in space?

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 2, 2008, 12:38 PM
nice! were they like lawkeepers or something? what was the character trait that allowed you to choose whether to talk or fight?

They were liars. All of them.

Akaimizu
Oct 2, 2008, 12:56 PM
Actually, I don't mind the races being Human derivatives. While I do like alien races, as well; I do think there is room for mythos that at least sticks with the human and/or genetic experiment limits as well. That has it's own charm. (In story form, I believe Buck Rogers was one such universe, with that setup)

I guess, I sort of like the charm of technologically made fantasy. Stuff in which human technology brings to true form, the stuff they only previously dreamed about. Using tech to make their own idea of elves, beast-people, etc. Dragonrider's of Pern and Panzer Dragoon were other examples of man-made fantasy creatures made real.

Syaoran_69
Oct 2, 2008, 01:03 PM
I think we should have a fifth race... where everyone looks the same, and their name is automatically Kakwane... and you can't equip weapons, you just get to jump annoyingly and breathe lame poop out of your "mouth"

Kakwane > you

9lotus
Oct 2, 2008, 01:21 PM
I want a SEED race with very high ATP, and a SEED nanoblast-ish thing too.

VetroDrago
Oct 2, 2008, 01:55 PM
I think we should have a fifth race... where everyone looks the same, and their name is automatically Kakwane... and you can't equip weapons, you just get to jump annoyingly and breathe lame poop out of your "mouth"

Kakwane > you

Lmfao! Best post in this thread. Anyways, I think it would be hard to make a fifth race. There's not much to work with when it comes to creating a new race. Like some of the earlier posts, the current races could be changed a bit. I think the enemy variety and boss variety should be changed before dealing with races though. Also, the post earlier about a demon race reminds of WoW's new expansion having a deathknight race.

Genoa
Oct 2, 2008, 01:59 PM
What is this... ONLY four nonsense?
You get to pick a Gender (2 variable)
You get to pick a Race (4 variable)
You get to pick a Type (not including basics, 9 variables, soon 12, eventually 13)

Is there not enough variety for you? D:

Kylie
Oct 2, 2008, 04:32 PM
There are three main combat areas of PSU: combat, range, and spells. So it makes sense to have a race to excel in each plus one that's average at everything. As there are many combinations for race and class, I think four is more than enough. I wouldn't mind more classes though.

Phoenix148
Oct 2, 2008, 04:57 PM
or make something that xcels at traps, oh wait that SUPPOSED to be humans XD

Garanz-Baranz
Oct 2, 2008, 05:32 PM
Uh....

A fifth Race is too much.

there's already a Class representing a lizardish like thing stat wise. That's Beast. Beast is the highest ATP and highest HP race. Newmans have highest Evasion, Mental Strength, and Technique power, while CAST have highest Defence and Accuracy.

What would a Lizard get if nothing is left TO get? Humans are already the most "balanced" Race, having the most adept ability of being WT, GT, and AT, mixing Teching with Physical damage.

What does a Lizard have? Speed? there's no Speed stat. Defence? CAST's metal armor beats lizard scale. Attack? Beast's purpose is forever gone. Stamina? [SE resist], What use is it if every hit still will SE a Shinowa Lined 4+ STA Unit, female Fortegunner character [thats about 21 STA]? Technic power? Would a lizard be adept at Technics? Hardly. Everything is already covered, there's just no room for it.

Demons? Seriously, why would Humans make something so much physically better that it beats BEASTs simply by flight? Flying would break the game, as most enemies attack the ground.

afterthoughtz
Oct 2, 2008, 06:48 PM
*afterthoughtz thinks to himself, hmmm how about a ninja bunny class?*

Majarra
Oct 3, 2008, 02:40 AM
HOW BOUT TEH CLASS WITH BOOSTS IN EVERYTHNGS? Whats the point of new classes? baranz said everything right. Though i do think humans should get more of a boost besiddes crea weps and some extra STA.

Zorafim
Oct 3, 2008, 11:09 AM
There should be a fish race, with like fins and gills and stuff, that can do everything the other races can, but can also go underwater and stuff. And they'll be good with lances and daggers, because those are fishy weapons. And for their SUV, they summon Leviathan to create a mother &^%$ing tidal wave! Then they can use the water from the tidal wave to swim around and stuff, cause they can do that.

I'm, actually, fairly surprised this topic got past the first page. Considering there's so little variety between the races we already have, it's highly doubtful that an inclusion of another race will do anything. If there is another added race, it'll most likely be from Phantasy Star lore, and we've already pretty much exhausted every humanoid race except for Numans.

thematesV2
Oct 3, 2008, 12:53 PM
why are you surprised at anything on these forums, we're all wacked out...

anyhow, I agree, a fish race would be sweet, because that means they would institute more level areas, i.e. you can play through pre-existing levels that have water sources in them from the waterline. and that also means they could have a Ocean of Illusion- aka underwater lab from EP2, and the boss would be Olga Flowec!