PDA

View Full Version : Temper temper....

Para
Oct 1, 2008, 11:07 PM
So I was talking to this person asking why so serious agitated last time we were chatting.
Apparently he/she dislikes being mailed *poke* and takes it very personally. Im like ok I understand but the way the response was quite aggressive and had a hostile tone so Im like chill out you know? Then he/she says that he/she said it multiple times to me already and fed up with it and now saying that Im wrong to tell him/her to chill out and decides to blacklist me.

So Im like ok... *checks mail logs between myself and this person* Oh look... nothing about poking at all. Never ever told once how poking aggravates this person. Final word: Fail. or maybe face palm.. don't know which one... but face palm is two words unless I put them together like this: *facepalm*.

http://megantower.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/batmanreturnsthedarkknightposter.jpg

Powder Keg
Oct 1, 2008, 11:12 PM
Just sounds like someone who doesn't like you.

Freshellent
Oct 1, 2008, 11:16 PM
"Why so serious?" is a real shitty way of not accepting that someone doesn't like or agree with you. Denial, even.

Para
Oct 1, 2008, 11:25 PM
"Why so serious?" is a real shitty way of not accepting that someone doesn't like or agree with you. Denial, even.

Well put it this way, I might disagree with the person's methods but it does not mean I do not respect the person's wishes. If the person doesn't like being poked that's fine, I won't do it but doesn't mean I can't be a little critical.

Oh and fyi, I never told the person why so serious lol.

Kent
Oct 1, 2008, 11:30 PM
I wish that was a real poster for the movie. It's one of the better fan-made posters.

Also: *poke*

Broodstar1337
Oct 2, 2008, 06:56 AM
poking is some pretty serious shit man. I can tell you right now that I wouldn't wanna be poked.

Seority
Oct 2, 2008, 07:54 AM
-sences a new Pirates addiction like thing- ><;

True, having someone mail you "Poke" shouldn't aggrivate someone that much, but if anything, your friend seemed like they were just upset at something. Sadly, you just didn't get the memo. It's ok though. Not your fault. They even BL'd you for it, so ya, their problem. Guess your friend will just have to get over it themsleves.

KodiaX987
Oct 2, 2008, 08:11 AM
There are some pokers who take it to the next level though.

I used to receive messages even though I ask AFK, only to have my caller get pissed because I wasn't responding.

The best was when I left AIM on by mistake during the night, only to find a slew of angry messages from some guy who IMed me at 2:00 AM, repeatedly prodded me for a response, then ended up blocking me because he thought I was ignoring him.

At two fucking o' clock in the morning.

Powder Keg
Oct 2, 2008, 10:08 AM
^

Ugh, that used to happen to me with a girl I used to talk to. If I didn't respond on AIM in 3 minutes, forget it, it was over!

CelestialBlade
Oct 2, 2008, 10:32 AM
Not everyone can handle the Par-par.

I'm thinking they were just having a bad day, like Seo suggested. Give it a few days, things'll probably blow over.

*poke*

Vanzazikon
Oct 2, 2008, 11:45 AM
Or they were just playing mad for the fuck of it. My cousin does the same thing... Then again, he's pretty illiterate, if you know what I mean.

The_Gio
Oct 2, 2008, 12:48 PM

I used to receive messages even though I ask AFK, only to have my caller get pissed because I wasn't responding.

The best was when I left AIM on by mistake during the night, only to find a slew of angry messages from some guy who IMed me at 2:00 AM, repeatedly prodded me for a response, then ended up blocking me because he thought I was ignoring him.

^

Ugh, that used to happen to me with a girl I used to talk to. If I didn't respond on AIM in 3 minutes, forget it, it was over!

well i can kinda see why thats irritating. I mean why go on messenger at all if your gonna take 3 minutes to respond back, if your so dam busy to answer why go on at all? I can understand when things pop up and shit and thats why....you know...be right back or hold on exists. I do think its taking it a bit over the top for just saying fuck the friendship! just cuz of that, but I can see how that can get on someones nerves. And it shouldnt really be that big of a deal especially if you explain that you accidentally left it on the next morning

stukasa
Oct 2, 2008, 12:59 PM
In my opinion the person was probably already annoyed about being poked (maybe by someone else too?), thought s/he had mentioned it to you before, and overreacted when you weren't "apologetic enough."

Or, maybe s/he was mad about something else and wasn't thinking clearly. Either way, it sounds like a simple overreaction. I've overreacted a few times too for various reasons. When you're already in bad mood, sometimes small annoyances can seem REALLY annoying. ^^; From your perspective it was probably like, "What's the big deal?" Hopefully s/he calms down and takes you off the blacklist.

It's funny how often we're misunderstood on the Internet. When people can't see you or hear you the only thing they have to judge you by is your words, and sometimes they make some bad assumptions. I've had people accuse me of ignoring them too. I've had people think I was being sarcastic when I wasn't. Sometimes when I don't use any smileys people say, "Are you mad or something?" I'll say, "No, why?" They reply, "I don't know, you just seem upset."

:p

Triple_S
Oct 2, 2008, 01:24 PM
well i can kinda see why thats irritating. I mean why go on messenger at all if your gonna take 3 minutes to respond back, if your so dam busy to answer why go on at all?

I know that Instant Messaging has the word "Instant" in it, but that is referring to the time it takes for the message to arrive, not how fast the person has to respond.

I usually take a couple minutes to answer, but that doesn't mean I don't want to talk. It means I want to do something else while on the computer instead of trying to read and send messages as fast as I can. Usually I'm posting or reading something, or watching a video on Youtube. Sometimes I don't want to pause the video or stop reading. Unlike you, apparently, people I talk to have patience and don't get irritated in the least if it takes me a couple minutes to respond. I don't really mind either. I don't even get irritated in the slightest if they forget that they are even having a conversation with me and I have to remind them an hour later X3

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 2, 2008, 02:42 PM
If I had to guess, I would suggest that the offended individual has a rather unpleasant history, that resulted in some rather severe boundary issues.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 2, 2008, 06:04 PM
About the instant messenger. Just because it's a faster way to chat doesn't mean that we have to respond at light speed. WE DO THINGS OUTSIDE OF MESSENGERS, HOLY CRAP.

But back to the poking, I know people don't like that in real life, but in game? ;/

Ranmaru
Oct 3, 2008, 05:03 PM
Well, poking on email or instant messenger wouldn't be as annoying as in real life. If I was really mad, and got poked repeatadly through a few messages, it might have been annoying, thats all. Although, I'm sure I would never resort to blacklisting someone because they poked me one too many times. -_-

That person probaly would have blacklisted other people for any other annoying thing that person was offended by. She/he overreacted.

KodiaX987
Oct 3, 2008, 05:19 PM
Well, poking on email or instant messenger wouldn't be as annoying as in real life. If I was really mad, and got poked repeatadly through a few messages, it might have been annoying, thats all. Although, I'm sure I would never resort to blacklisting someone because they poked me one too many times. -_-

As far as I'm concerned, being prodded for activity is considered rude. I don't need some twat to spam me 'till I give a response. In fact, the more the person prods me, the less likely I am to respond. Most of those people who do that generally hold conversations to the effect of "wuzzup" "not much u?" "not much" which is already worthless. If the message doesn't go through, your IM client will explicitly tell you about it. For everything else, the guy will respond when he will respond.