PDA

View Full Version : Spammers in Lobbies...to block or not to block?

ngagerebel
Oct 2, 2008, 11:57 PM
Im sure everyone has encountered those who just sit in the most populated lobby area and replay the same message over and over about selling some Item and telling everyone to mail them an offer...

so question is do you block them or just secretly hope some giant rapid bunny breaks into their home and eats them? or both lol

Powder Keg
Oct 2, 2008, 11:59 PM
Personally I like to thoroughly explain to them the player shop feature and all of it's benefits. I'm all wins no losses so far on getting them to stop that way, as it usually annoys them more than the spammer is annoying everyone else.

Shinko
Oct 3, 2008, 12:11 AM
nah i dont block them. i like watching ppl make fools of there self XD

ashley50
Oct 3, 2008, 12:29 AM
block...then remove after 1 day

Alastor_Haven
Oct 3, 2008, 12:57 AM
I ignore them haha

Xefi
Oct 3, 2008, 12:57 AM
i usually just ignore those spammers. It's not like
most of their conversations spark any interest to me.

kurisu1974
Oct 3, 2008, 01:02 AM
I block them, because I think it's annoying.

Hrith
Oct 3, 2008, 01:19 AM
I block them, there is no way I will want to have anything to do with those people one day.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 3, 2008, 01:20 AM
Like what most are saying i just ignore it.
although sometimes i do think what they are funny

like spelling stuff completely wrong

Syanaide
Oct 3, 2008, 01:39 AM
There are too many to even bother. I don't really pay attention to it anyway.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 3, 2008, 01:55 AM
Ummm idk bout the PS2/PC server but on the 360......universe 1 is spammin central....XD

Xefi
Oct 3, 2008, 01:59 AM
Ummm idk bout the PS2/PC server but on the 360......universe 1 is spammin central....XD

ps2/pc isn't any better. There'll always be spammers doing their
spamming at the lobby. I ran into a lot of spammers in Uni.2
on Pc/ps2; they don't really bother me though.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 3, 2008, 02:14 AM
ps2/pc isn't any better. There'll always be spammers doing their
spamming at the lobby. I ran into a lot of spammers in Uni.2
on Pc/ps2; they don't really bother me though.

HA!!! Spammers United lol

I should stop XD

Seority
Oct 3, 2008, 02:34 AM
Block for the time being and then remove.
(Can't block too many otherwise I'll be losing customers ;) )

Tetsaru
Oct 3, 2008, 02:42 AM
Let it be publicly known here and now: I have a VERY low tolerance for spam. Thus, I will blacklist and boot people the moment I see the same goddamned stupid message pop up in huge text all over my monitor, and hear my speakers get blown out from constant shouting-style text. I've always thought that PSU had a unique chat set-up, and I hate to see it exploited in such a manner. People that do this on a regular basis apparently have nothing better to do on PSU, so I doubt I'd want them in my parties anyway. =/

I'll also blacklist the idiots who think they have to go around chasing people down to "nanoblast" them for no reason. You might as well call that in-game sexual harassment. Geez, if my characters turn you on that much, go find some hentai to fap to...

The closest I'll get to spam personally is when I'm doing my YUSSSS!!! macro around my friends, or if I'm using Geezer with his "grumpy old man" macros, which most people usually get a laugh out of.

Aeris
Oct 3, 2008, 02:59 AM
I mostly ingnore them or watch them say something funny rather than block them.

EMPYREAN
Oct 3, 2008, 03:16 AM
if they spam whit normal text bubble i dont mind it.
if they use the shout/ think bubble or caps they go straight inn to my Blist and will never be removed.

Ail
Oct 3, 2008, 03:47 AM
[...] or just secretly hope some giant rapid bunny breaks into their home and eats them? [...]

absolutely, this xD

no, really, the "spam for trade or sell" annoy me, but i never block anyone. and if i do, is only for few days.

the "spam for spam" if it dont get too long, is always accepted by me. because i find it funny :-P

Kizeragi
Oct 3, 2008, 03:59 AM
I ignore them haha

This for me.

AweOfShe
Oct 3, 2008, 06:06 AM
I don't usually care, simply because I'm not in the lobby long enough to give a damn. :P

Ithildin
Oct 3, 2008, 07:03 AM
I honestly couldn't give a rats. Its quite easy to ignore them. I work with a crazy b*tch who doesn't shut up all day long. I've thought about killing her a fair few times then always decided its much easier to ignore her, plus I won't go to prison. I guess I'm trained in the art of ignorance. It is bliss after all.

Gen2000
Oct 3, 2008, 11:55 AM
I just ignore them. Not worth the effort to put everyone I find annoying in lobbies on my blacklist.

Sybian
Oct 3, 2008, 12:01 PM
It depends how bad they SPAM.

darkante
Oct 3, 2008, 12:03 PM
Ohh this makes me gonna like the next event even more...

*coughes "I smell....COOKIES" * :D

joefro
Oct 3, 2008, 12:03 PM
Well, I USED to b-list them but my b-list has been full for a while now, so I just turn my sound off and try to ignore it.

Kylie
Oct 3, 2008, 12:08 PM
Eh, I've met people that have spammed that turned out to be decent people. So it's annoying, but not enough so for me to want to put them on a list that will never allow them to play with me again. I might do it temporarily though.

Cracka_J
Oct 3, 2008, 12:09 PM
I enjoy it, and encourage people to spam more.

Packrat
Oct 3, 2008, 12:15 PM
I'll blacklist if they abuse the yell chat bubble and remove them a few days later. If it's a habitual thing I'll just blacklist them permanently. No hard feelings against them though >.>

Astarin
Oct 3, 2008, 12:19 PM
I don't usually care, simply because I'm not in the lobby long enough to give a damn. :P

Quoted for truth. I'm not much of a lobby rat. I'm either running a mission, or chatting with friends in their rooms.

Mimo
Oct 3, 2008, 05:11 PM
i dont blist spammers, or nanoblasters, i dont blist ppl at all xD
unless they blist me and i find out :3

-its just a game and sometimes its interesting to see what ppl around teh world have to say, even if its something stoopid 8D-

Sio
Oct 3, 2008, 07:49 PM
if they spam whit normal text bubble i dont mind it.
if they use the shout/ think bubble or caps they go straight inn to my Blist and will never be removed.

This ^

Syanaide
Oct 4, 2008, 12:43 AM
Gee, I'm not sure if I can ever be arsed to blacklist spammers. One guy was spamming "Need Phantom Fisher" for hours, now that was entertainment.

Christmas
Oct 4, 2008, 04:08 AM
Since I'm on the 360, I usually just save my blist space and XBL mute them from their gamercard. I unmute if they're trying to talk to me, or in a party/room I'm in.

Aussei
Oct 4, 2008, 05:11 AM
On PSU I do not blacklist and I've hardly ever used it..... Because there is a volume button on my TV and a volume adjuster on my PC and you can turn off sound effects in game and turn off cut ins and you can also move away fromt he area that the person is spamming in. lol Unless the person was directly insulting me, I don't care. And even though I wouldn't care especially if they know nothing about me. But if they got personal with it like if they were some enemy of mine who had some dirt on me and was spamming it then I would have a problem. But that never happens.

I used to spam alot on PSOBB on the official servers. lol I sympathize with spammers on PSU and I understand the epic lolz that comes with the reactions of people and especially when they announce to the public lines like:

"Ah better"
"Now it's alot quieter...."
"Blisted"

Lol I remember oen time I spammed "Super smash bros SUCKS" And like a bunch of people blacklisted me XD;

I'd rather be able to see PSU-Drama than block it out it's hilarious, that may seem immature but come on, people act like someone is trying to hurt their feelings in real life..... Come on people it's just the internet.....;|

GaNksTa
Oct 4, 2008, 06:18 AM
Temporary blocks prove to be the most efficient course of action for me; I have filled up and cleaned out my Blacklist about 8 times. After a day or two.. or perhaps after an event I will clear out all the names in my Blacklist minus the ones that have rightfully earned their place there.

Noblewine
Oct 4, 2008, 11:07 PM
Just ignore them, blacklist them if its necessary. If you blacklist them only make it so its for a day.

Mikura
Oct 4, 2008, 11:30 PM
I simply ignore spammers. I don't b-list anyone unless they've done something to insult me directly.

Poncho_Jr
Oct 5, 2008, 05:23 AM
I am very heartbroken.
My spam is harmless, easy on the eyes, and spam-free.

autumn
Oct 5, 2008, 05:33 AM
Wow, lots of use of the blacklist feature. The single time I used mine was on the JP servers and only because I couldn't read what I was doing. (Oopsy for b-listing my fiance >.<)

hewitt
Oct 5, 2008, 01:36 PM
I spam in between missions, so they don't get too boring too fast. Though, I don't insult anyone. I just shout or cloud or say random things. :3