PDA

View Full Version : Skip next event??

Chris28
Oct 3, 2008, 09:25 AM
who thinks we should skip this lightning carnival or whatever it is and just recieve master classes and LvL 150 and move on with updates. It seems like it will just take up too much time and delay us from more and more updates.

Marron_Shido
Oct 3, 2008, 09:28 AM
I doubt Sega will skip an event just because the players ask.

Eleina
Oct 3, 2008, 09:36 AM
They might skip it so that they can take a month vacation. ;)

CelestialBlade
Oct 3, 2008, 09:38 AM
"New" types with pitiful variety < brand new event with a variety of mission types. That's not even a close comparison, in my opinion.

joefro
Oct 3, 2008, 09:51 AM
"New" types with pitiful variety < brand new event with a variety of mission types. That's not even a close comparison, in my opinion.

This.

Zorafim
Oct 3, 2008, 09:54 AM
I just wish they'd update. It's ridiculous how far behind PSUna is. My account will probably be deleted before I get motivated to do something in the game, at this rate.

LuigiMario
Oct 3, 2008, 09:57 AM
who thinks we should skip this lightning carnival or whatever it is and just recieve master classes and LvL 150 and move on with updates. It seems like it will just take up too much time and delay us from more and more updates.

You know nothing about the lightning carnival.

Darius_Drake
Oct 3, 2008, 10:04 AM
No way would I want to skip this event. This event's award list looks like the following:
* Two weeks of megaholy Photon Fortune
* Release of the quiz mission (Protectors' Choice)
* Two weeks of half-priced clothes and parts
* Stages 7 and 8 added to (Do-or-die Spirit - Den)
* Two weeks of free makeovers at Lumilass
* New stage added to (Television Puzzle)
* Stages 9 and 10 added to (Do-or-die Spirit - Den)
* Free set of (Rappy Tippies) for all event participants
* New stage added to (Television Puzzle)
* Stages 7 and 8 added to (Do-or-die Spirit - Geki)
* Release of the race mission (Lightning Speed)
* Stages 9 and 10 added to (Do-or-die Spirit - Geki)
* 20% boost to weapon and line shield synthesis success for two weeks
* Stage 11 added to (Do-or-die Spirit - Den) and (Do-or-die Spirit - Geki)
* 10% boost to weapon grinding success rates for two weeks
* Two weeks of 10x normal daily Vol Coin allowance
If you want to get a Sange & Yasha that last reward might be of particular interest to you. It is also an event that has enough different stuff that it won't become boring like a GBR or larger mission that you do over and over like MAG. Also do you really believe that we will get or master classes any earlier if they skipped this event. They would just have issues and delay the release of the update to the point where we could have got this mission and received the update at around the same time. I too am overly anxious to get my hands on the master classes. I understand the lack of patience. I am hurting over here in that respect as well. I have two characters that are just waiting to be members of the master class (beast - Fighmaster, cast - Gunmaster). The level moving up to 150 would be nice as well as I have maxed out, but I really want the master classes.

Kizeragi
Oct 3, 2008, 10:05 AM

You've won the thread. :p

Also, it's not as easy as that sadly. :l

Alastor_Haven
Oct 3, 2008, 10:11 AM

Right here

-THREAD END-

Cracka_J
Oct 3, 2008, 10:51 AM
I'm down for sega just releasing:

-Master Classes
-Lightning Carnival
-Shred the Darkness Event
-Anniversary Festa

All at the same goddamn time. Let's get back on track, give the players a variety of stuff to play, and the classes everyone is foaming at the mouth for, all at once. That should shut people up for a bit (maybe a week).

Chibi_psu
Oct 3, 2008, 10:53 AM
why cant we have both at the same time? Good question...

Kizeragi
Oct 3, 2008, 10:54 AM
why cant we have both at the same time? Good question...
Only answer I can think of is because it's SEGA.
Other than that, yes all at once please. ^^;

WhiteKnight01
Oct 3, 2008, 11:15 AM
LOL if the released all events at the same time my head would explode trying to figure out what to do first

Xefi
Oct 3, 2008, 11:26 AM
LOL if the released all events at the same time my head would explode trying to figure out what to do first

and population on the pc/ps2 will be spread out all over
the place; finding a party will be a difficult task in the
long run.

To OP: No way to the skipping event. I want the Yasha
to complete the twin sabers.

Darius_Drake
Oct 3, 2008, 11:31 AM
How about combining the cap raising to 150, master classes, and the Lighting Carnival. I know what I would do then. I would immediately change my class and rush off to the Carnival. :D

_Vyser_
Oct 3, 2008, 11:43 AM
How about combining the cap raising to 150, master classes, and the Lighting Carnival. I know what I would do then. I would immediately change my class and rush off to the Carnival. :D

seconded

joefro
Oct 3, 2008, 11:51 AM
I really don't want Carnival/Master/LV Cap at the same time. I hated going to LV140 just doing C runs during MAG 2, and the Master Classes would cap very fast with the MP payout. I would like Lightning Carnival next week(lol) then Master Classes immediately following Carnival. Two weeks after Masters are out, LV Cap/New Story Mission/Parum GBR.

*sigh*I can dream...

_Vyser_
Oct 3, 2008, 11:59 AM
You bring up a good point joefro. It pisses me off that they have been giving us new level caps during events. Yeah, it's nice to get both, but people max out in about a day or two if they really spam the events. I'd much rather have the event, then have the Level cap raise right afterward so I can take my time to reach it.

CelestialBlade
Oct 3, 2008, 12:12 PM
That's actually a cool idea, because you've got a lot of people complaining that they capped everything during MAG so they don't have a lot to shoot for in LC, so this would at least give them something more to shoot for.

Me, I'm just going to keep working on capping all classes on Chelsea and building my alt Anise up.

Kylie
Oct 3, 2008, 12:21 PM
No. Mission Carnival is going to be awesome.

LuigiMario
Oct 3, 2008, 12:55 PM
I'm down for sega just releasing:

-Master Classes
-Lightning Carnival
-Shred the Darkness Event
-Anniversary Festa

All at the same goddamn time. Let's get back on track, give the players a variety of stuff to play, and the classes everyone is foaming at the mouth for, all at once. That should shut people up for a bit (maybe a week).

Not untill I get my Kaos Knight and Battle stoppers.

Dragwind
Oct 3, 2008, 01:09 PM
I'd rather not skip content, and I'm looking forward to the carnival.

hewitt
Oct 3, 2008, 03:11 PM

Shut up.

ashley50
Oct 3, 2008, 04:05 PM

Great idea...now try to contact them to halt this event k?
Since it was your idea...

Noblewine
Oct 3, 2008, 04:47 PM
I want to see this event. What's the point in playing if we don't get something for waiting during the dry spell. The game wouldn't be any fun regardless of variety the game lacks at the moment. I think it will be fun.

Alastor_Haven
Oct 3, 2008, 04:48 PM
Very unlikely

Xaeris
Oct 3, 2008, 04:58 PM
I'd much rather we get everything that we're supposed to and they pick up the bloody pace with updates. Japan started off, what, two months ahead of us? Now, with their upcoming S3 update, we're behind half a year, at the very least. It's ludicrous that the gap has deteriorated as further as it has.

cheapgunner
Oct 3, 2008, 06:34 PM

seconded

Agreed. I would rather ST actually do this to help us catch up tp jp. It seems that multiple updates wouldn't be too hard for them I think

lumia fanatic
Oct 3, 2008, 07:16 PM
NO! i want the lighting carnival pvp comes out when the lighting carnival is on i am highly against what you made this forum for! >:( x

RyuRoots
Oct 4, 2008, 01:56 AM

This. A thousand times, this.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 4, 2008, 02:09 AM
So let me get this straight...

You pay for this game. You shovel cash to Sega every month for this game. You have a binding contract to Sega over this game you pay for. So you basically uphold your end of the bargain by graciously paying (I have to stop saying "Pay"), and you're willing to let THEM slide on one of the details of the contract? Ok, they may suck at maintaining their end of the contract, but you should NEVER, EVER, let their sucking be voluntary especially when technically they're cheating you out of your money if they did this. You PAY for this. (There I go again...) Do you walk into Burger King, order a Whopper, PAY for it, then say, "No thanks, you can keep the whopper."?!

What the hell is WRONG with you?!

Chris28
Oct 4, 2008, 04:32 AM
maybe i should research more next time >>

but i am tired of waiting, one can only lvl bullets so much before you become a braindead zombie.

close topix plz

GaNksTa
Oct 4, 2008, 06:31 AM
The reasons why we should NOT skip the Lightning Carnival are as follows:

Electro Heart
Fal Claw
Yasha
Hizeri / Mind
[B] Nasuyoteri
[B] Mugunruk
[B] Mugunburga
[B] Ank Buti
[B] Delpi
[B] Rabol Buti
[B] Battlestopper
Agito Repca
[B] Rattlesnake
[B] Grand Cross

I already have some of those, but they're still somewhat valuable nonetheless.

Alastor_Haven
Oct 4, 2008, 06:38 AM
Give me that Ank buti xD

and maybe a repca

GaNksTa
Oct 4, 2008, 06:43 AM
Give me that Ank buti xD

and maybe a repca

Yeah.. Repca is already made, so that one is kind of "iffy". Though 24%+ is OK in my book.

necman
Oct 4, 2008, 07:38 AM
I thought I read a lightning sonichi would be available during some event. Thought for sure this would be this event.

Kizeragi
Oct 4, 2008, 07:49 AM
The reasons why we should NOT skip the Lightning Carnival are as follows:

Electro Heart
Fal Claw
Yasha
Hizeri / Mind
[B] Nasuyoteri
[B] Mugunruk
[B] Mugunburga
[B] Ank Buti
[B] Delpi
[B] Rabol Buti
[B] Battlestopper
Agito Repca
[B] Rattlesnake
[B] Grand Cross

I already have some of those, but they're still somewhat valuable nonetheless.

*agrees*

Mugunburgas and Battlestoppers for me please. :)

GaNksTa
Oct 4, 2008, 08:01 AM
I thought I read a lightning sonichi would be available during some event. Thought for sure this would be this event.

They are, I just chose not to include them...

ThaPrez2k5
Oct 4, 2008, 08:15 AM
i love the sonichi fire right now especially for magashi lower's his attack power! bu i am definately looking forward for another event. after losing everything after the first mag and having to start from scratch again it would help my lower characters.

autumn
Oct 4, 2008, 08:40 AM
While I agree that I'd love to be caught up to the JP servers (S3 missions yes please!) I'd like to play the Lightning Carnival. The fact that I had missed it is the reason I pay $10 a month x2 so I can keep both a US and a JP account open. I'm looking forward to this greatly!

Kinako78
Oct 4, 2008, 09:25 AM
Skipping Mission Carnival would piss off players more then they already are. It would be counterproductive to what the OP has in mind. And, personally, I just look to have a blast with this event. :D

EMPYREAN
Oct 4, 2008, 03:39 PM
hell no. events is the only thing that gives the community a break from WB spamming.

Svaltus
Oct 4, 2008, 06:17 PM
I dont have time for play 24 hours per day! I play anytime after work!

But in one event i play almost everyday.

Then i dont have any interest for rush update new event!

Peoples dont have patience for Wait! Remenber! patience is good virtue! :P

Acceptable Carnival first! Master classes can wait!

mvffin
Oct 5, 2008, 02:59 AM
There's no way we're gonna skip the carnival. The main reason we got another MAG is because of the Sange. Now why would they get rid of our chances at Yasha? <_>

I just hope the survival missions aren't THAT hard to where most people will never finish them, otherwise we'll be screwed out of a lot of drops.

Syl
Oct 5, 2008, 03:13 AM
Peoples dont have patience for Wait! Remenber! patience is good virtue! :P

While I agree with that, waiting as much as we have, it's pretty screwed up ;l

Alastor_Haven
Oct 5, 2008, 03:41 AM
Patience is retarded

When where about hmm....

Six months+++ behind

*face palm*

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 5, 2008, 04:47 AM
I agree to just let the updates play out how they're set up.

I figure we'll see both the Master Classes and the Lightning Carnival by the end of October, putting us on good track for Parum GBR in November and Shred the Darkness in December, placing us about 4 months behind JP, rather than the 6 everyone quoted.

You pay for content in a game, most of you already knowing that you're behind the JP players. Why say "Go ahead and skip it just this once!"? The last time Sega didn't give us a chance at something hundreds of people BAWWWWed until they brought it back CAUSING UPDATES TO BE PUT OFF.

If it angers everyone so much to have to wait for content cancel your US account, spend the money on a JP copy and play JP side. because if you put half as much effort into learning katakana as you do complaining you'd be great at it.

If you hate being so far behind the JP servers try to trick yourself, if it says JP PC/PS2: DONT READ IT!

I can't wait until the Lightning Carnival or the Master Classes, but I'm in no hurry. Downtime gives me the chance I need to farm for materials, boards, and other rares I've been looking for.

PSU would suck if it was nothing but events mashed together. PSU being nothing but events is the reason I see Lv140 people running around being amazed that there are other planets than the Guardian Colony (True Story).

autumn
Oct 5, 2008, 05:03 AM
If you hate being so far behind the JP servers try to trick yourself, if it says JP PC/PS2: DONT READ IT!

^I whole heartedly agree with this.
I think the US/EU servers would be so much better off if everyone didn't know what the JP servers already had released so things would still be exciting when we received the update here. Once people know they don't have something they feel they 'should' have, seeing as others who are technically playing the same game have it, they spent numerous hours drooling and BAWing about the new items and missions in addition to the x amount of time it will take until they can have it.

I like updates as much as the next person. I like new rares and new missions and most importantly new clothes. I also know that I was much happier with PSU when I had no idea what I was missing out on. I think it would be highly beneficial even if they would switch up the schedule on our side so we wouldn't be getting things in the exact same order as JP because at that point everything wouldn't be identical. Perhaps it would assist with the many who seem dissatisfied with our hand-me-down updates.

BLADE_EDGE
Oct 5, 2008, 09:11 AM
ummm excuse me? skip an event with boosted exp? not all of us are 140 buddy and id same the majority isnt so skipping this event would be the worst possible decision because it would allow people to lvl up more before they released new missions and lvl caps. if they released new missions before they gave everyone a chance to get a decent amount of lvls up then people wouldnt be able to do S2, so in short, dont be an arrogant lvl 140. We need this event.

Powder Keg
Oct 5, 2008, 09:15 AM
Skipping an event isn't a legitimate solution to slow-ass updates.

Kinako78
Oct 5, 2008, 10:42 AM
dont be an arrogant lvl 140.

I hate to say it, but that seems to be too much to ask of most of them...

Golto
Oct 5, 2008, 11:08 AM
I don't like the fact that they are planning on giving us the extended length of 5 or even 6 weeks for this event now.

Neith
Oct 5, 2008, 11:12 AM
I want Yasha, so no- I'd rather have Mission Carnival.

Skipping an event is pointless- ST would sit on their asses for a few weeks instead :lol:

lumia fanatic
Oct 5, 2008, 11:16 AM
neith ur absolutly right i want the mission carnival aswell i mean at the end of it all people will jus moan if we get an update or not i no the GM are taking forever to give us updates but we just have to wait and be patient x