PDA

View Full Version : Dupers.

Xria
Mar 2, 2001, 01:06 AM
I started with finding a single twin brand a while ago. That's the only rare wep I have ever found. I found some vajulla armor, but I wanted to hang on to that.

So I got my Twin Brand, I understand that I would rather have something sword-like, so I look to trade for a chainsaw.

I find a guy who trades with me, we finish the trade and I have my saw. And what happens next is funny, just for being a fair trader he decides he will give me some bonuses: an orotiagito, and a level 200 soniti mag.

Now after I got done thinking "what in the fuck?" I realized who I traded with. A duper.
Even turns out the guy logged onto his backup-saved character before the trade began.

Well, I got hooked up, and after a lot of trading I now have a bank full of rare items.

I only found a twin brand, that's the only Item I have found. But now I have this bank stocked full of 11 star rares?

I have recieved up to 3 items per trade, for the smallest items. Does this bother me? No, i like gaining on my trades. What does bother me is that most of the people I traded with duped, and that is why I have gained this bank full of junk off a single twin brand.

How do I know most of them were dupers?
Its obvious.

When engaging in the trade they never ask for guild cards....

They drop first, no questions asked, even though we haven't really chatted and they haven't interogated me like an normal trader would. They are careless like this because they really don't have anything to lose.

They give ridiculous offers for simple items, and they give out ridiculous "freebies" such as the orotiagito.

Basically they offer these huge trades because when they do get the item they dupe it to hell, and the items they traded they can mass produce anyway.

Does everyone that fits these descriptions dupe? No. But most that act like this are dupers.

You people have to stop duping. Backing up your character is one thing, but you can backup your character without duping items.

If you keep duping then item trade will be pointless, as everyone will have the same items. It will ruin the game for the level 100 players, who have nothing else to accomplish except collecting rares and enjoying them.

If you dupe you are hurting the game worse than a theif. Plain and simple.

DarthSP
Mar 2, 2001, 02:49 AM
I totally agree with xria. There should be a new section "dupers or possible dupers" because in my opinion this is worst than using gameshark to get to 100 or thieves. I'm pretty sure that a lot of traders on this board are dupers theirself. Especially when they have 5 or 6 different trades going traded the same item, and they trade with one but still have the item to trade again and again. I seriously doubt you found 5 twin brands. (*ahem*, you know who you are)

Xaken
Mar 2, 2001, 03:49 AM
Yes, duping is the dark side of the character back-up.

It's gotten to the point that I've decied to never trade for really rare things ever again, unless it's with really good friends that i trust.

The person your trading with may not have duped it, but the person they got it from might have, so you really never can tell.

Personally I think the PSO people made of this stuff a little TOO rare. A person could get all the way to level 100 and never get one of the "super rare" items, i htink that's a little harse. I'd at least like to have found one by the time I get that far.

Duping is not the answer though. Inflation is a killer, cause in the end nothing has real value anymore.