PDA

View Full Version : Lobbys?

Aeternus
Oct 4, 2008, 02:15 PM
I don't think there has been any confirmation on this at all, but anybody have any idea or theories on how joining a network game will be like? I think it would be pretty tough to have a traditional PSO lobbying system due to the technical limitations, but it would be nice. I hope you don't have to resort to friend codes, and you can somehow join a game manually, not randomly. Hopefully there will be somehow an ingame mailing system too..

Niered
Oct 4, 2008, 03:22 PM
Lobbies are unlikely, if youve played Mario Kart or Custom Robo or Dungeon explorer, thats how I would expect the game to behave. Randomly pairs you up with players (and usually it takes feckin forever.)

I personally doubt that friend codes will be required. Dungeon Explorer is a good example of this, friend codes enable voice chat, but otherwise you can just join randoms.

Also, if Im not mistaken it has been stated that the games wi-fi play requires 2-4 players. Unfortunately that implies that you cant just start a game, and then let others jump in.

Aeternus
Oct 4, 2008, 03:27 PM
Bummer.. i was hoping that sega would find an innovative way around the limitation. It's nice to start a game while waiting for a friend, or whatever.

Also hoping the servers will be international again.. was so much fun playing with the japanese in PSO.. probably won't be though. Oh well. Still going to kickass.. until then im going to fire up PSObb again..

VR-Raiden
Oct 4, 2008, 03:28 PM
Also, if Im not mistaken it has been stated that the games wi-fi play requires 2-4 players. Unfortunately that implies that you cant just start a game, and then let others jump in.

er...damn.

Is it possible we can use the same character online and offline? I hope so if we really can't play by ourselves online.

Aeternus
Oct 4, 2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I would say likely, but then again that's where the hacking got out of control and will probably be hard to control again if that's the case. But being the online portion will be a bit more limited, you would imagine solo play would allow the same character...

VR-Raiden
Oct 4, 2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah it probably will, I'd rather be able to use the same character online and offline and deal with hacking than only be able to use the char online. I'll be playing with friends 99% of the time anyways, so hacking isn't a huge deal for me.

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 6, 2008, 09:07 AM
Yes, there are lobbies...this seems to be the "pioneer 2" of this game.

Aeternus
Oct 6, 2008, 09:19 AM
That's more like the base or town, but not public lobby, which I was talking about. Good to see Pioneer 2 though.

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 6, 2008, 07:29 PM
What I meant was it could be a "pioneer 2 like lobby" if that's not the lobby, then...maybe players will connect like Smash bros Brawl then only them 4 will roam this place.

ShadowInferno119
Oct 11, 2008, 01:44 PM
Lobbies are unlikely, if youve played Mario Kart or Custom Robo or Dungeon explorer, thats how I would expect the game to behave. Randomly pairs you up with players (and usually it takes feckin forever.)

I personally doubt that friend codes will be required. Dungeon Explorer is a good example of this, friend codes enable voice chat, but otherwise you can just join randoms.

actually not at all the Three WiFi modes, include Search(Free) Friends, and Single Play, however there hasn't been any detail on how single-play will work.

Nowhere
Oct 30, 2008, 03:31 AM
Interesting--people here seem to be less concerned about the lack of lobbies than people on other sites.

As a DS owner for years, I loathe friend codes about as much as anyone else, but I do kind of like the way being randomly matched up with people online works on N's service. I find it isn't all that slow (and overall, faster, since there's less user inolvement), and it's convenient for games you'd take less seriously (MP:H online play is hard to take seriously IMO.)

Still, it really blows about not having lobbies and it makes me wish there was an optional P2P service additionally.

raikomaru40
Oct 30, 2008, 06:29 AM
I've never even done anything on Wi-Fi and I'm pretty happy. I just play the simple MP games b/t DS's and visit my friend's town on AC:WW.