PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else do/say dumb things while playing PSU?

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 5, 2008, 04:25 AM
I was up late thinking about all the stupid stuff me and my friends say or do while playing PSU and I have come to wonder:

Do you say or do anything funny while playing PSU? Do you have different names for enemies or items in the game? How about things you say or do while running?

Here are a few of our good ones:

A friend refers to "Retarides" as "Retardies"
The same friend also calls:
Polavohras "Povaloras"
Ubakrada "Uganda"
Hoshi-Kikami Hoshi-Kakimi"
Gur Bazga "Gur bazanga"

Autumn has a few good ones:
"Cracker jack badira" for the badira you break out of boxes in SW
Loli fortetecher? NO! Lolitecher!

Ginger and Aaron are good for a few:
"Crayon" for Cyral
"Brestaline" for Vestaline

I'm good for a few myself:
Aside form the above,
Dark Fails (Dark Falz)
De Fillet (De Rol Le)
After playing Jp side for a bit I'm really bad for:
Paru Waruna (Par Walna)
Raia Martinesu (Laia Martinez)
HARARAD (Halarod)

If you haven't done any of this how about naming NPCs? y'know loving names for those NPCs you hold dear....

One of my personal favorites are the workers in Kesla Vasla, better known as:

The Kubara Bros.!

While I can't really post in the forums all the choice names I've had for those two I've found myself screaming at them profusely that I'll find their family, cut them up and feed them to them, and make them grind my damn weapon THEN!

Anyhow, anyone else say or do anything funny while playing PSU?:-?

Tetsaru
Oct 5, 2008, 04:45 AM
Of course. I call Rappy Polecs "Rappy Pollocks," I call Koltovas and Gol Dovas "Gigamoos," I call Bil de Vears "Build-a-Bears"... the list goes on and on. A lot of my friends that play alongside me know what I'm talking about! XD

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 5, 2008, 04:50 AM
Of course. I call Rappy Polecs "Rappy Pollocks," I call Koltovas and Gol Dovas "Gigamoos," I call Bil de Vears "Build-a-Bears"... the list goes on and on. A lot of my friends that play alongside me know what I'm talking about! XD

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does that LoL

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 5, 2008, 05:03 AM
I have no names. If I botch a name I either try to correct myself or give up on it as gibberish. Other than that I just mumble about strategy, politics, and other pointless crap. I can't play online so naturally there's nobody to talk to.

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 5, 2008, 05:06 AM
C'mon even you have to have SOMETHING you do out of the ordinary.

Not even naming NPCs? Or how about skills?

Like calling Ground Lapucha "dirty rock-chuckers"?

Ail
Oct 5, 2008, 05:13 AM
lol i do the same things but my names are in italian

for exemple:

jarba -> jarbapapà (from: barbapapà (http://finale.ocracy.org/files/generico/barbapapa.jpg)) or..
jarba -> ho un jarba nella scarba (i have a jarba in the shoe)
polavohra -> un po lavora (mean: it works a bit)
ubakrada -> uva cruda (mean: uncooked grape)
bajilla -> barilla (barilla (http://it.primopiatto.barilla.com/home/htm/home.htm))
yamata-misaki -> mia amata, m'insacchi (may sounds like..: my love, you hurt me)
ank-buti -> ank m'buti (m'buti from "imbuti" mean: funnel)
fuma-hiken -> fuma heineken (smoke heineken)

and a classic one in english

rappy, when they come with bad drops.. often become (c)rappy

for sure i have more but i dont remember at the moment xD

SabZero
Oct 5, 2008, 05:34 AM
Ya, names that are easier to memorize, sorts :wacko:

Golmoro = Golmoron, Ubakrada = Karbunkle, Rappy Polec = Olec & Lolec, Delp Slami = Salami, Kudetob = Bob, Delsaban = Hector

funnymatt
Oct 5, 2008, 05:38 AM
Kamatoze = Cameltoes

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 5, 2008, 05:40 AM
C'mon even you have to have SOMETHING you do out of the ordinary.

Not even naming NPCs? Or how about skills?

Like calling Ground Lapucha "dirty rock-chuckers"?

Well now that you mention it, I don't even know half the monster names. I didn't know what a Lapucha was until I remembered I had a decoration of one in my room. I don't usually take the time to carefully read the monster name in the upper left corner.

I mainly just refer to the NPCs with some negative term like "Idiot" or "jackass" Most of those comments were directed at Laia Martinez (I think anyone can imagine why... I swear "Laia Martinez" means "Rotten Bitch" in beast.)

I don't know how abnormal that is though.

Hrith
Oct 5, 2008, 05:56 AM
I call people "nubs who slow me down".

wat

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 5, 2008, 06:29 AM

Golmoro = Golmoron, Ubakrada = Karbunkle, Rappy Polec = Olec & Lolec, Delp Slami = Salami, Kudetob = Bob, Delsaban = Hector

Hector? LoL

Anyhow, I forgot our Delp Slami is "Dark Salami" LoL

Oh, and y'know the nava luddas with the crown? The one's with a big head? I call that one....

TUMORSAURUS

Poncho_Jr
Oct 5, 2008, 06:32 AM
Let's see where shall I start....

Dumb things I say in the lobby.
"I LIEK POPCORN D:"
"Tea for two and two for tea"
"Selling Resist / Resist" (In addition, because a few people actually fell for it. I told them I was selling Transvestaline, and Universarods.)
Spam random smileys that I know people can't help but spam along with such as... "O.O o.o o.O <.< D:" and the like.

Dumb things I do in the lobby.
Organize Rappy strikes. We have tried to stop people at White Beast by surrounding the recharge cube there with at least 15 massive Rappies. Then one person was like "I can just use a Recharge lol." The others were getting pretty ticked trying to find an open spot to recharge. There were many other strikes.
Organize "Adopt-A-Rappy Program." Ohhh yeah, we went there. That event was actually really fun as well.

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 5, 2008, 06:37 AM
Transvestaline LoL that's a good one.

Lemme see if I can think of a few more me and teh friends do....

We all call the Shrine Maiden "The Luck Bitch"

I call the Ryusaikanoc "Ryu-suck-a-lot" sometimes :P

tirith
Oct 5, 2008, 06:56 AM
i've got "mutant froggies" and "another person filling my inventory with stuff i don't want".

Chris28
Oct 5, 2008, 07:21 AM
interesting topix >.>

i dont use any wierd names or sayings ><

Cracka_J
Oct 5, 2008, 08:34 AM
Of course. I call Rappy Polecs "Rappy Pollocks," I call Bil de Vears "Build-a-Bears"

those 2 seem to be universal...we been calling them that for awhile now.
"luck bitch" is common terminology as well.

also
ubakrada - BOATS (thanks ID for pointing out the sails :D)
dimma - dimmagogglus
bil de melan - bill melan the science melan
gizonde - (sounds a bit different if you replace the g for a j)

that's all I can think of atm, but I know there's much, much more...

System-Id
Oct 5, 2008, 09:19 AM
those 2 seem to be universal...we been calling them that for awhile now.
"luck bitch" is common terminology as well.

also
ubakrada - BOATS (thanks ID for pointing out the sails :D)
dimma - dimmagogglus
bil de melan - bill melan the science melan
gizonde - (sounds a bit different if you replace the g for a j)

that's all I can think of atm, but I know there's much, much more...

YUS!!!

Ubrakrada = Boats ^^;
Dark Falkis = Dark Fall Kiss XD
Bil De Melan = Bil Melons inside joke XD check out TLM page to se XD
Sendillans = Mutated Horse

Kinako78
Oct 5, 2008, 10:38 AM
I call Dark Falz, "Zeromus".

And I call Magashi, "Cheap Bastard"

Kylie
Oct 5, 2008, 11:26 AM
If I'm not sure how the word is, I'll still say it. And such has been the birth of funny moments and words. *looks in Logan's direction*

Packrat
Oct 5, 2008, 11:58 AM
No, I don't say or do dumb things on PSU. In fact I hardly chat at all really <.<

Xefi
Oct 5, 2008, 01:03 PM
We made up some names for some of the monsters
while I playing with Cz. And we come up with these:

Polty = Green Man or Grass (pioneer species).
All the dragon bosses = It's Godgrilla!!!
Kakwane = duck doods
Jaggos = man-eating creatures. :E
Magashi = scape doll stealer.

SabZero
Oct 5, 2008, 01:07 PM
Hector? LoL

Anyhow, I forgot our Delp Slami is "Dark Salami" LoL

Oh, and y'know the nava luddas with the crown? The one's with a big head? I call that one....

TUMORSAURUS

Hahaha at the Tumorsaurus. It really is the weirdest crown on a "king" ever.

The Hector is from when PSU was first announced. When I saw a video of Linear Line with those dudes, I thought their "face" looks like a medieval shield. Hence, Hector. :bday:

Acrofighter13
Oct 5, 2008, 01:31 PM

karbunkle...lmao that was funny as hell i was reading through your list and then.....Karbunkle popped up lol

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 5, 2008, 02:38 PM
Hmm this is a funny thread.... normally the only onese i do are the following(not rascism)
Golmoro-mexican jumping bean
Polty-Parum's Cabbage Patch Kids

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 5, 2008, 02:42 PM
Hahaha at the Tumorsaurus. It really is the weirdest crown on a "king" ever.

The Hector is from when PSU was first announced. When I saw a video of Linear Line with those dudes, I thought their "face" looks like a medieval shield. Hence, Hector. :bday:

That's a pretty good one now that you mention it ^_^

As for the magashi's being "scape doll stealers" or "cheap" I found something to call them that must really offend people since I've had 4 people leave my party for saying it:

Them: "This is BS!"

My reply: "This is FUN!"

LoL

hewitt
Oct 5, 2008, 04:52 PM
XD Some people don't like I challenge, I guess.

Kizeragi
Oct 5, 2008, 05:00 PM
Bil de Vear > Buildy Bear
Go Vahra > Hax Vahra
Polavora (or whatever lol) > Polar Bear

And that's it really.
I had a friend call meseta, "dollars" once too.

garjian
Oct 5, 2008, 05:03 PM
HAhaAHAH... i just thought... im gonna say "This is frustrating" next time im doing magashi :P i think lots of sue quotes would work nicely on that mission :P "its my first time" etc............

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 5, 2008, 07:00 PM
HAhaAHAH... i just thought... im gonna say "This is frustrating" next time im doing magashi :P i think lots of sue quotes would work nicely on that mission :P "its my first time" etc............

LoL

Despite it being your first time I guarantee the Magashis won't be gentle...

Dragwind
Oct 5, 2008, 07:36 PM
I have a friend who still insists on pronouncing meseta as "mess-E-esta."

Tubby
Oct 5, 2008, 07:38 PM
Egg Thieves = Ovary Thieves
Bil de Veer = Bil de qu**r
Magas Maghana = Banana Rama
Dulk Fakis (DF) = Dirty F**ker
De Rol Le + Fishy Fishy or The Worm
Shrine Maiden = The Luck Hoar
Absolute Dance = Unnecessary Helicoptor Motions

GaNksTa
Oct 5, 2008, 08:48 PM
I mispronounce many techs and items purposely due to repetition. Some of those would be:

Pronouncing Megid, [Mah·jid] instead of [Meh·gid].
Pronouncing Agito, [Ah·jee·toh] instead of [Ah·gee·toh].

Though most can agree [Mah·jid] sounds better than [Meh·gid]... IIRC there was even a topic on how it was pronounced..

Both of those pronunciations I picked up while playing PSO... Though I'm not quite sure if they qualify as "stupid"... just going by the OP's examples.

Omega_Weltall
Oct 5, 2008, 09:15 PM
instead of Megid i'll say Mejid (been saying it this way since Phantasy Star 2 and its a hard habit to break)now, since the latest story mission i've been saying MEGEEEEEEEED!

Spartan Law
Oct 5, 2008, 09:31 PM
Vestaline = Vaseline
Slaterian = Christian Slaterian
Stelnium = Stel/in/ium <<,Not me some friends, annoys me alot!!!

Oh and Moatoob = Moo Tube

Only ones of mine that spring to mind that haven't been mentioned already.

Triple_S
Oct 5, 2008, 10:12 PM
Some of you may have seen FAILcast and his SUV phrase. For instance, my most recent one is

"Go Go Gadget
Divine Failure"

Followed by him laughing at his own dumb joke.

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 6, 2008, 01:03 AM
Man me and my friends are ALWAYS arguing over Megid's pronunciation as well as everything else for that matter.

Oh, and nice to see ya here tubby :P

shadowsniper6
Oct 6, 2008, 02:33 AM
i call megid ...mejiz

Tubby
Oct 6, 2008, 04:17 AM
Man me and my friends are ALWAYS arguing over Megid's pronunciation as well as everything else for that matter.

Oh, and nice to see ya here tubby :P

Ty Biggie, I've been hiding in the shadows. O_O

I also remembered another one!
Slaterian = Sluttarian
Moatoob = Boobtube
Tyler = Tylorrrrrrr
Howzer = Howzaaaaa

zeroguy518
Oct 7, 2008, 01:57 PM
Delsaban = Hector

EDF2017?

SabZero
Oct 7, 2008, 02:46 PM
EDF2017?

What do you mean?

stukasa
Oct 7, 2008, 03:12 PM
I refer to Bruce as BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE.

Maybe that's because I'm usually yelling at him. :P

Mimo
Oct 8, 2008, 12:12 AM
polty=polty pasta
neudaiz=noobdayz
maya=hookabomb
badiras/agitas=doggies
jarba=jarbutt
koltova/distovas=piggehs
lapucha=chalupa (mexican dish- kinda like a giant corn chip with bean/cheese/lettuce on top)
meseta=maseta/pot (maseta meaning flower pot in spanish)
tengos (in hsm)=batman

:3 lool

(nicknames gathered from big sis, bro and me :3)

unicorn
Oct 8, 2008, 12:27 AM
none for PSU really. I call Koltovas/Distovas piggies, DeRagon Draggy, Lapuchas...Laputas. Vahras = mutated boomas.

In PSO I used to call Telepipes, "telepies" (pronounced tele-pees). I dunno why. My sister called them the same way. I think we just didn't know "pipe" was in the word.

pikachief
Oct 8, 2008, 12:53 AM
well lemme think....

sageetas are vageetas
jarbas are yarbas
Shigga Destas are CHIGGA DESTAS! :O

after saying vahra i sometimes make vahra noises for some reason

Olghamons are always Olgies to me :P
Bil de vear of course is Bil De Bears
De Ragan is Ronald De Ragan
Van Brella is a |V|an Brella
(from my friend) Kan yu= Man Yu
Soldas are sodas
Bead Groodes are the Beat Dudes

im sure there are more i just cant think of :P

ORGIES!

kurisu1974
Oct 8, 2008, 01:09 AM
kerseline = curseline (cuz i used to get loads of these)
magas magahna = maggie (nice and short, but maybe that's why he kills me all the time)
ubakrada i sometimes call abrakadabra (they "teleport" a lot when charging at me)

And a friend of mine calls every boss Bruno.

Genoa
Oct 8, 2008, 02:58 AM
A friend and I addressed Polties for the noise they made, which when we're typing it we call it "Wee-OO!"
Oh noes, a swarm of Wee-OO's approaching!

I call Kakwanes Kawkwanes (and for a while I honestly called them that because I ... really thought it was Kawkwanes... one too many w's xD)

WAY back on PSO, I called Meseta... Mesta D:
And I even got a few friends sayin it too irl, then... one day a friend was like "why the hell do we call it Mesta, it's freakin Meseta... *pause*......... no way... BS!!!! D:

And all my PSU friends that I played on Vent with called Magas Magahna the (something I can't exactly say) Robot...
A hint I suppose... Handbanana: All I know is ball and good.... and ____!

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 8, 2008, 03:45 AM
kerseline = curseline (cuz i used to get loads of these)
magas magahna = maggie (nice and short, but maybe that's why he kills me all the time)
ubakrada i sometimes call abrakadabra (they "teleport" a lot when charging at me)

And a friend of mine calls every boss Bruno.

LoL we've been known to call any enemy in the game:
Billy, Jimbo, George, Hermes, Tito, Horatio, and Noobnar.

-Jet-
Oct 8, 2008, 05:19 AM
LOL:

De Ragan= Ronald Ragan
badiras and reskins= Fuckin' bajillas!!!!!!!!
Magas Maganna=faggot madonna
vestaline=vaseline
Jaggos=cancer babies
White Beast=Scrub Beast
Sleeping Warriors=Sleeping Retards
4th floor Guardians Colony=Noob spawning-grounds
Dark Falz=Dark Fish
Anga Jabroga=Jabroken
Egg Thieves=Gay Thieves
Dulk Fakis=Dark Fuckface

Kinako78
Oct 8, 2008, 09:38 AM
I've found I have a nasty habit of calling Rogue Wikko either "Rogue Wakko" or "Rogue Wakka". XD

Solsulis
Oct 8, 2008, 09:44 AM
Sleepy mage fu**er
Kajabari=Kajafrigginbari
Koltova=Cows
Distova=piggys
Sageeta=Anklebiters(goes for all the version of ageeta an the moatrats as well)
Magashi=Fagashi
Rappies=Fugly Chickens
I got more but im drawing a blank

Kinako78
Oct 8, 2008, 09:46 AM
I've thought of Koltovas as a mix between cows and pigs. Go figure.

Solsulis
Oct 8, 2008, 09:48 AM
I've thought of Koltovas as a mix between cows and pigs. Go figure.

COWPIGS RAWR!

Kinako78
Oct 8, 2008, 09:51 AM
Oh, and on the Distova=piggy thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEao2B1M8es

Solsulis
Oct 8, 2008, 09:56 AM
Oh, and on the Distova=piggy thing:

NO THEY CALL HIM MR.PIG!!!!!!!!!!!

sephiroth115
Oct 8, 2008, 10:11 AM
I can't believe no one has said this one...
Hiken= Heineken.
oh and i randomly spout the classic ROFLcopter the mirror of my sig

SabZero
Oct 8, 2008, 11:06 AM
Kakwanes go as Quagmire because they both say "giddity giddity" :wacko:

Anduril
Oct 8, 2008, 12:33 PM
I really just say "That dam (insert monster description here[ie. Rappies=Chickens, Kakwane=Frogs, Olghomon,Deljaban=Freaky thing, etc.)" . And I also just randomly start typing out song lyrics or archaic words like "Gramercy"; that usually nets me a few "WTF?"s.

sephiroth115
Oct 8, 2008, 12:44 PM
I talk to my NPC's when they start getting "chatty". My favorite is "Cover me I'm going in", "No". or Maya's "You need to protect me". "Uhh... No, you're a healer, do it yourself."

Kinako78
Oct 8, 2008, 12:58 PM
I do that, too. Mostly when they're asking where the leader is. I'll sometimes answer with phrases like, "Somewhere over the rainbow."

Akaimizu
Oct 8, 2008, 12:59 PM
I don't just have random (but not too often) chats with my PM. I sometimes reply even to someone else's PM, particularly if it's in character to.

On another aspect, I do tend to give pet names, to items or weapons. Particularly if they look like they come from, or remind me of some movie or something.

For instance, I almost always call the Kiujibahoh, my 'Jumanji' Rifle. Considering, the art style of the weapon, you'd think you would see a rifle looking just like that in 'Jumanji'. (It's also a poke at the sometimes complicated names of Yohmei weapons)

Otherwise, with Tynselle, I'll sometimes Macro various stuff to say at random. Normally making fun of monsters, or a saying to belittle them. Tynselle comes across as a very non-sympathetic character when it comes to SEED, so those quotes drive the point home.

Mufonna has macros simply to get the formal and overly polite aspect across unless she's in just about to go in Beast form or in it. Then the macros get particularly nasty to mobs. If somebody shoots a heal to her, she'll 'humbly' thank you. She may 'humbly' apologize. Or 'humbly' say lots of things. I also have macros simply to give the impression she's 'out of it (mind is not caught up to the situation)' sometimes. Light RP stuff, basically. I like to do sayings that kind of dress up a scene a bit. It's all about Atmosphere. Because without it, it's just the same ol' combat.

(Edit: And often enough when I see the NPC asking where somebody is, the person in question is like 5-10 virtual feet in front of them. I definitely have an answer normally with lines that betray the theme of 'all that money spent for so much PM technology and they chose to heavily cut back on vision systems'. But only with Tynselle. I chose that character to be the one with all the 'cut downs'.)

sephiroth115
Oct 8, 2008, 01:16 PM
I don't just have random (but not too often) chats with my PM. I sometimes reply even to someone else's PM, particularly if it's in character to.

On another aspect, I do tend to give pet names, to items or weapons. Particularly if they look like they come from, or remind me of some movie or something.

For instance, I almost always call the Kiujibahoh, my 'Jumanji' Rifle. Considering, the art style of the weapon, you'd think you would see a rifle looking just like that in 'Jumanji'. (It's also a poke at the sometimes complicated names of Yohmei weapons)

Otherwise, with Tynselle, I'll sometimes Macro various stuff to say at random. Normally making fun of monsters, or a saying to belittle them. Tynselle comes across as a very non-sympathetic character when it comes to SEED, so those quotes drive the point home.

Mufonna has macros simply to get the formal and overly polite aspect across unless she's in just about to go in Beast form or in it. Then the macros get particularly nasty to mobs. If somebody shoots a heal to her, she'll 'humbly' thank you. She may 'humbly' apologize. Or 'humbly' say lots of things. I also have macros simply to give the impression she's 'out of it (mind is not caught up to the situation)' sometimes. Light RP stuff, basically. I like to do sayings that kind of dress up a scene a bit. It's all about Atmosphere. Because without it, it's just the same ol' combat.

(Edit: And often enough when I see the NPC asking where somebody is, the person in question is like 5-10 virtual feet in front of them. I definitely have an answer normally with lines that betray the theme of 'all that money spent for so much PM technology and they chose to heavily cut back on vision systems'. But only with Tynselle. I chose that character to be the one with all the 'cut downs'.)
Ha nice one in the edit. I have one. "Ok... Seriously who let their 10 year old program this one?"

redroses
Oct 8, 2008, 01:40 PM
I only have two I can think of at the moment. And they both make no sense XD

Dulk Fakis = Dust Faker
Del Rol Le = Sushi Roll (sometimes I still hang the "e" on the Roll, because I think it gives it a nicer sound to the word XD)