PDA

View Full Version : PS2 players

Chyral
Oct 5, 2008, 03:48 PM
Ive had PSU for about a month now and just ordered AOTI. Ive only played PSU offline and figured Id wait for AOTI to arrive to jump online. Heres the thing. I had every version of PSO (DC, GC & Xbox) and the online community always had alot of people playing. Is it like that on PS2? And should I finish the Offline story or is it a waist of time?

Golto
Oct 5, 2008, 03:52 PM
Pc/ps2 are on the same server for NA and EU. Since there is not a major event going on now there is less that 400 people on at any given time. You do not have to finish offline mode as your offline characters will not transfer to online.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 5, 2008, 03:56 PM
In fact you will have to do Episode 2 again to get all those AI partner cards. I'd say stay offline. You aren't missing that much. Actually you have a few things offline that the online people don't.

Chyral
Oct 5, 2008, 03:59 PM
In fact you will have to do Episode 2 again to get all those AI partner cards. I'd say stay offline. You aren't missing that much. Actually you have a few things offline that the online people don't.

Really? So its not worth the subscription? And whats exclusive to Offline.

EMPYREAN
Oct 5, 2008, 04:00 PM
atm, its not worth it playing online. hardly any one is online so if u want so play in a ghost town then your welcome.

Chyral
Oct 5, 2008, 04:06 PM
atm, its not worth it playing online. hardly any one is online so if u want so play in a ghost town then your welcome.

Thanks for the heads up. Ill just continue playing the story mode and move to the story mode of AOTI afterwards.

garjian
Oct 5, 2008, 04:07 PM
buy it on xbox its much more popular :D

hewitt
Oct 5, 2008, 04:20 PM

SHHHHHHHHH.

Chyral
Oct 5, 2008, 04:29 PM

Buy a 360 and have to spend a extra $100 on a wifi adapter just for my system to die of red ring of death? Ill pass. Lol!

garjian
Oct 5, 2008, 04:31 PM
never had the red rings... and ive had an xbox since they first came out... but xbox360 is a great console... with problems...

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 5, 2008, 08:50 PM
Really? So its not worth the subscription? And whats exclusive to Offline.

Lets see... Off the top of my head, offline already has the level cap up to 200. The base classes are far more versatile offline. A few of the rare outfits that you have to collect things to trade for online (like the Formal Dress and the Rappy Suit), you can just buy offline. You can level any of your PAs to 50 regardless of class. You can just buy S-Ranks and S-Rank boards. Drop rates are much higher.

Basically the game is easier but you miss out on a bunch of missions and that shining social online experience.

Noblewine
Oct 5, 2008, 09:00 PM
The online story missions are fun and not a waste of time. If you liked the story and want to see what happens next then I suggest you try network mode. The community on the PS2/PC hub has decreased dramatically after GBR ended however universe 2 is still full of people.