PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 PSU = Noob free?

Aeris PSU?!?!
Oct 5, 2008, 05:24 PM
Heres a good one, Ive been playing this game for some time now (long before the expansion i might add, ID: 59k) and i've never been the type to judge anyone on something as simple as this, but is it just me or is it now impossible to call anyone a noob on PSU? dont get me wrong i know im better at this game than someone who just joined yesterday, but doesnt it crush your seniority when someone with an 80k ID has just as much or more than you? for instince, i have all of my spells over 31 on my FT and about 300mil worth of weapons. but i have seen a few people with much more (like 500 mil worth of weapons) with 70-80k ID's and it raises the question: do ID's matter anymore? id like to think they do because some people like me remember trying to scarf up 30k back in the day doing secret mission all day right? but it just seems like SEGA has thinned the line between new people and the pros. if anyone is sharing my pain...leave a message...

Morganna
Oct 5, 2008, 05:28 PM
I don't play video games to prove my manhood.

blkbeast
Oct 5, 2008, 05:34 PM
the game is easy id's dont matter plus ever heard of online mesta
its really changed our economy with these past events over a time table of 6-8months
its the ppl and the lazy'1s who juz buy offline and ruin the economy for others

Aeris PSU?!?!
Oct 5, 2008, 05:42 PM
true i have heard of that and ive never had to (nor had the desire to) buy mesta. i think it takes the fun out of the whole thing...btw why would we sell things for 300mil? Red / Knight...give me a break. i think our economy has gone very far downhill i could understand 20mil tops for some weapons/items but when there are like 50 made psycho wands just in the shops, why are we charging up to 99mil for descent ones...?

Spartan Law
Oct 5, 2008, 05:46 PM
1) PSU will never be noob free, well at least the 360 version won't.

2) People do start new accounts so not everyone with a higher ID number and a bunch of equipment just started. (especially true on 360 with GT to account link)

3) Some people have no lives and despite the fact you've been on PSU a while they have probably accrued double the clocked hours in less than half the time.

4) ID numbers are a method to judge how long someone has been playing, that is it. Take from that what you will whether they are less likely to be a noob but more likely to be an elitist.

I personally find the best way to judge someone is their PA's. I maintain to this day that someone's PA list says alot more about them then anything else you can easily see.

shadowsniper6
Oct 5, 2008, 05:56 PM
1) PSU will never be noob free, well at least the 360 version won't.

2) People do start new accounts so not everyone with a higher ID number and a bunch of equipment just started. (especially true on 360 with GT to account link)

3) Some people have no lives and despite the fact you've been on PSU a while they have probably accrued double the clocked hours in less than half the time.

4) ID numbers are a method to judge how long someone has been playing, that is it. Take from that what you will whether they are less likely to be a noob but more likely to be an elitist.

I personally find the best way to judge someone is their PA's. I maintain to this day that someone's PA list says alot more about them then anything else you can easily see.

but now its easy to get PAs up in no time

blkbeast
Oct 5, 2008, 05:57 PM
yea i agree with what law just said ever bit is true

burninglink5
Oct 5, 2008, 05:57 PM
Secret mission? Pfft, what about saving up for a month doing Bruces, just for 10k? :lol:

blkbeast
Oct 5, 2008, 05:58 PM
oh an yea idk why thats about sum items
are they really worth it?

Aeris PSU?!?!
Oct 5, 2008, 06:06 PM
thats exactly what im saying here, even since the release of AOTI (or to some ppl including me, the 1UP cup) anyone can get cash and level up fast.
Two very good examples:
1) White Beast...you can get to lv140 in a week or less i guarantee it
2) 1UP Platinum cup...ruined this game, seriously. that was when S ranks became worthless and pretty much took the fun out of working hard for one.:-?

Spartan Law
Oct 5, 2008, 06:11 PM
but now its easy to get PAs up in no time

If they're so easy to level and someone doesn't have them levelled then that tells you something about that person. Also, yes PA's are easier to level but it still needs to be done and some aren't difficult due to the speed they level but the move itself (I'm looking at you ikk hikk).

Secret mission? Pfft, what about saving up for a month doing Bruces, just for 10k? :lol:

Ah the good ol days when one could wander over to de ragan and spend literally forever trying to kill him because none of you were over level 20 :)

shadowsniper6
Oct 5, 2008, 06:15 PM
If they're so easy to level and someone doesn't have them levelled then that tells you something about that person. Also, yes PA's are easier to level but it still needs to be done and some aren't difficult due to the speed they level but the move itself (I'm looking at you ikk hikk).
I have all the striking Pas to 40 i would have the bullets but my system broke down i would say that a person that isn't a noob would be the amount of time they die(or complain about getting rares)

Aeris PSU?!?!
Oct 5, 2008, 06:19 PM
So i take it that ID's dont matter as much to ppl, they are just kinda there while PA's on the onther hand show the true pros. lol well that raises an interesting question: which PA is the hardest to level in the ENTIRE GAME?

My opinion: Megiverse... i rest my case:dark:

Spartan Law
Oct 5, 2008, 06:20 PM
I have all the striking Pas to 40 i would have the bullets but my system broke down i would say that a person that isn't a noob would be the amount of time they die(or complain about getting rares)

I myself have alot of my striking PA's at 40 and am finishing up the rest but I think you misunderstand me a bit when i say "tells you something about a person". That has no bias in my mind, as in, literall looking at someones PA's will tell you SOMETHING about the way that person plays etc...

Also, I'm certainly not saying you can decide whether someone is a noob by looking at their PA's the same as someones weapons don't say everything about a person, they say SOMETHING, whether good/bad/ugly or indifferent.

I wouldn't say dying alot makes someone a noob, not having enough scapes does ;-)

As for the hardest PA, I have always been a fighter and I'd say that for me, Dugrega to 40 pre skill adjustment was the took me the longest. The only move I've found genuinely annoying to level has been Ikk Hikk and the only absolutely useless move is Bukuu Rensan-ga. Being honest, I've only started Absolute Dance now (post skill adjustment) but unless I'm mistaken I still think that Dugrega would be harder due to it only hitting 2 targets once first attack, 2 targets once second and 2 targets twice third attack. My absolute is at 8 right now so I don't know the number of targets per attack on any combo bar the first but that does 3 targets once and from seeing the PA database I'm guessing combo 2 must have at least that again if not more.

shadowsniper6
Oct 5, 2008, 06:25 PM
I myself have alot of my striking PA's at 40 and am finishing up the rest but I think you misunderstand me a bit when i say "tells you something about a person". That has no bias in my mind, as in, literall looking at someones PA's will tell you SOMETHING about the way that person plays etc...

Also, I'm certainly not saying you can decide whether someone is a noob by looking at their PA's the same as someones weapons don't say everything about a person, they say SOMETHING, whether good/bad/ugly or indifferent.

I wouldn't say dying alot makes someone a noob, not having enough scapes does ;-)

ah i see but what if they forget to buy scapes does that mean they are a noob? i always care 1 scapeXD

Spartan Law
Oct 5, 2008, 06:27 PM
ah i see but what if they forget to buy scapes does that mean they are a noob? i always care 1 scapeXD

I believe that makes you forgetful :-P

shadowsniper6
Oct 5, 2008, 06:29 PM
I believe that makes you forgetful :-P

lol i think its funny when people die 10+ times XD

shadowsniper6
Oct 5, 2008, 06:30 PM
So i take it that ID's dont matter as much to ppl, they are just kinda there while PA's on the onther hand show the true pros. lol well that raises an interesting question: which PA is the hardest to level in the ENTIRE GAME?

Ikk Hikk and one of the claw skills the one that jumps first that was slow for me i think there was another on o it was gravity break the one for the sword

JC10001
Oct 5, 2008, 08:49 PM

Yup, it is Megiverse. No question in my mind.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 6, 2008, 02:33 AM
I'm disappointed in you people. There's a difference between "Noob" and "Newb". :disapprove:

shadowsniper6
Oct 6, 2008, 02:35 AM
I'm disappointed in you people. There's a difference between "Noob" and "Newb". :disapprove:

It means the same too me XD

Chuck_Norris
Oct 6, 2008, 02:41 AM

But there IS a difference. A Noob is some retard who only goes online to annoy people. A Newb, or Newbie is a NEW PLAYER. It's quite insulting to call someone who's new that if you ask me.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 6, 2008, 02:58 AM
I don't get it. Does it bother you that you put so much time and effort into your characters, and other people happen to get to the same point in that road more quickly and easily?

Ok, yes it does.

Well lets face facts here. Both PSO and PSU have had this little thing where skill doesn't really matter. You don't have to do well at the game to climb to the top. As long as you have a small amount of persistence it's a fairly easy deal. Games where acquisition is based upon chance tend to have this little dilemma. When rates go up, naturally newer people have a better shot at something that may have taken you a month to hunt.

In all that hunting, you could gain money, exp, possibly some other uncommon drops. This doesn't constitute skill just persistence.

Kairi_Li
Oct 6, 2008, 03:02 AM

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20060823.jpg

Big goddamn difference there, buddy.

DEM_CIG
Oct 6, 2008, 03:18 AM
There are still noobs on this game... Just because some ppl have good weapons and armor doesn't nessicaly make them non-noobish... i no alot of ppl who have good stuff but who dont know how to play the game.

shadowsniper6
Oct 6, 2008, 03:54 AM

lol it will still mean the same to me XD I don't even see a point in using them the word that should be used for a beginner is a beginner not a noob that just sounds like your insulting the person and a real gamer does not insult a person that just started the game

WHlTEKNIGHT
Oct 6, 2008, 10:29 AM
Why does it matter what other people have/do?
If they are that bad leave the party.
This is a game all about chance when finding rarz/grinding, no skill in that at all.

Deissa
Oct 6, 2008, 12:01 PM

Jesus hasn't that comic heard of "show don't tell"

desturel
Oct 6, 2008, 02:39 PM
I'm sure there are still plenty of noobs on 360. I ran with one a few weeks ago during GBR. The noob (20k id) was party lead and was giving out some incorrect information to some new players (90k id... I don't call them newbs).

One of the new players was asking if the ra-spells get any better. The noob was telling them that spells get bigger, but that's about it. I corrected him to say that spells get bigger and reach a longer distance the higher level they are. He then "corrects" me to say that spells don't get more range, they just get bigger. I inform the new players that spells and bullets (rifle, bow, etc) increase in range as they get higher in level. Noob states that bullets don't get any extra range and neither do spells.

At this point, I'm laughing out loud because it's pretty funny that he really doesn't know (didn't pay any attention to his stuff while he was leveling it), but also a bit annoyed that he's feeding his incorrect information to new players. So I offer to demonstrate to anyone interested with megid (level 1 and level 40), ramegid (level 1 and level 40) and dammegid (level 1 and level 40) on my fortetecher. For the rifle/bow bullets I suggested walking up to a level 50+ olgohmon with a level 1 rifle and check the distance of their barta then do the same with a level 40 rifle bullet and see how much more leeway you have between the end of the barta and where your rifle bullet ends.

I didn't get booted (I was a bit surprised by that), but the runs mysteriously ended after that conversation.

jobber
Oct 6, 2008, 02:58 PM
I don't play video games to prove my manhood.

but I do

I challenge you to a game of Deer Hunter 2009.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 6, 2008, 03:10 PM
I corrected him to say that spells get bigger and reach a longer distance the higher level they are..

Uhm..are you sure about that? I never gained range on my Rifles. As far as I know, all they get is higher SE (And stats, if you wanna count that) and the knockdown at 31+.

desturel
Oct 6, 2008, 04:22 PM
Uhm..are you sure about that? I never gained range on my Rifles. As far as I know, all they get is higher SE (And stats, if you wanna count that) and the knockdown at 31+.

Yes, take a level 1 rifle bullet and a level 31 rifle bullet (buy a new bullet from the NPC if you have to). Then go someplace where you can accurately gauge your distance. I use Olgohmon barta from Rainbow Beast or Forested Islands as a good range indication. There are any number of flat area's that you can stand at a distance to hit them.

Stand just outside of their barta range (right where it disappears) and shoot your level 1 bullet. It should hit once or twice, then knock the gohmon out of hit range. You would then need to step forward towards the end of the barta trail to be able to hit them again (or wait until they walk a bit closer to you).

Then switch to your level 31+ bullet. Re-align yourself to just outside of the barta trail. Take a step or two back and fire. You will see that your level 31 bullet is clearly hitting outside of the range that your level 1 bullet was.

Of course, depending on your power, you may want to take a 1* rifle and a power decreasing unit, such as solid hit s, so as not to kill the gohmon too quickly.

The reason why I use ice Gohmon as an example is because they are mostly stationary targets. Other spell casting creatures are very mobile in this game. Ageeta, Sageeta, Komazli, etc all move around too much to accurately judge distances. The White Beast light Gohmon are okay, but usually are in a smaller room which doesn't allow for you to accurately judge distances or may be grouped with a Komazli which is an extra annoyance itself.

Fire Vanda move a set distance away from you and their set distance is too close to accurately test the range on a rifle (although it's the perfect range to level Ra-spells. Armed servants (Grove of Fanatics/Flowery Pursuit) also move around too much to be of any use for gauging distances..

Aeris PSU?!?!
Oct 7, 2008, 07:20 PM
glad i could see some of your opinions on this.

Jim Stelnium
Oct 8, 2008, 09:46 PM
Are you saying that if I have an 80k ID I should be worse off than you? I know how economics work and it doesn't take a genius to know what's going to be valuable and what's not. Before MAG came out, I stocked up on Goldania, then sold them when people realized they didn't have the stuff to make their boards with. I spent that money getting a few decent double sabers, since people were in a selling frenzy for some reason (excess supply, no real demand since people thought they could make it themselves). When people were running Il Cabo with frequency, I bought up Catilium under 100k each, and now that the price is back up a bit I could sell and make a 50%+ Profit, or I could wait for Dengeki when Catilium and Mot Walna prices will skyrocket (Tenora Spears & Axes) and sell them for what i'm estimating will be a 300-400% Profit. Does that make me a gold monger? Maybe, but just like all MMOs if you don't know how to get ahead what the hell is the point of even playing?

I understand that back in the day it was harder to gain money and all that, but if you played the game for a while I think it's just common logic to understand how the game works. Synthing is fun, but it's not cost effective unless you do it with A rank boards you find yourself or buy at very low prices. Hunting at White beast is good experience yes, but hunting for rattlesnake boards at desert goliath makes you more money with more frequency.

Genoa
Oct 8, 2008, 10:38 PM
Trying to prove your manhood on a video game is like a telephone operator with fresh breath....
It just doesn't matter =/

thebummers
Oct 8, 2008, 10:46 PM
I don't think I've ever cared enough to even look at someone's ID number. And I was playing this game the day it came out. As for the game itself, yes it is totally geared more towards casual players than hardcore gamers. Not many online games exist where you can join a party at the end of a mission and wind up getting an amazingly rare rare in your inventory for not doing much.

Darius_Drake
Oct 9, 2008, 12:43 PM
Trying to prove your manhood on a video game is like a telephone operator with fresh breath....
It just doesn't matter =/

ROFLMAO!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

amtalx
Oct 9, 2008, 02:01 PM
Most things don't matter in this game. My ID is 79 (beat that! lol) and there are TONS of players with IDs +70k higher than mine with better weapons and more money. PSU is not designed for hardcore players, where character level and items are an indirect indicator of how long a player has been around. In less than 200 hours of gameplay you can access just about everything this game has to offer outside of seasonal items. Join during an event? Make that <100 hours.

Elbereth_Gilthoniel
Oct 9, 2008, 02:23 PM
Admittedly I was a little annoyed when techs became easy to level - most of mine were already 31+ and took me a while to do. I just got over it - bought the spells I had wanted in the past but couldn't be arsed to level and just enjoyed the easy ride. XD At this rate they'll all be 40 and I won't have had to spam them at all o.o lol.....

Cranberry
Oct 9, 2008, 04:23 PM
I'm a real casual player when it comes to PSU. I'm a Newman Fortecher or something. My goal in PSU is pretty simple. I just want to burn stuff with fire. I'm only able to go online now and then. My financial state right now doesn't let me pay the online fee very often.

When I was online during the 2 MAG events, I wanted to have a level 40 technique. I chose Foie. Until Foie reached level 40, it's pretty much all I ever used. I just cast Foie on everything irreguardless of what it was. Once I got Foie to 40, I started working on Damfoie as well. I got that one into the late twenties or so before my license expired.

Say what you will about my PA list and what it says about me. I can be called inefficient, ineffetive, a newb, whatever anyone desires. At the end of the day though one thing remains the same. I'm just a casual girl that likes to use fire.