PDA

View Full Version : censor

tadtwisted
Oct 5, 2008, 05:29 PM
what are some words you found that are censored for no reson?

My favorites are

Help (Really, i cant ask for help)
Bots (when im talking about my PM)

Aeris PSU?!?!
Oct 5, 2008, 05:31 PM
my favorite is the fact that you cant type 900k...why SEGA?

NDW
Oct 5, 2008, 05:33 PM
I just typed "Bots" and there was no censorship.

One that annoys me sometimes is I can't abbriviate "TECHNIC" to "TECH", so I have to say "TEKK".

hewitt
Oct 5, 2008, 05:39 PM
Muah.

tadtwisted
Oct 5, 2008, 05:57 PM
sorry bots works fine but bot is censored

joefro
Oct 5, 2008, 06:07 PM
I just hate how some words that are used in-game are censored.
Example: Spicia

Spartan Law
Oct 5, 2008, 06:14 PM
cu

Just those 2 letters together is censored. Now that makes no sense what so ever to me.

Tetsaru
Oct 5, 2008, 06:16 PM
The word filter in PSU is so fucking retarded (btw, "fucking" ISN'T censored, lol). I can't stand it when I'm trying to say something normal, and my text gets censored across two or more words just because they SUPPOSEDLY say something so atrocious when they're combined... -_-X

I'm pretty sure there's some cursing that goes on in the game's storyline missions... the game IS rated T, after all. But keep in mind that online content is never rated, because it's impossible to judge the actions of every player that is on the servers.

Personally, I'd say do away with the whole damned censor thing. I don't know about other countries, but here in America, we have this thing in the Constitution called "Freedom of Speech." Besides, whoever decided which words should be censored in the first place REALLY needs to slapped across the face as hard as possible. The above posts should be enough justification as to why... >_>; I'll bet the same person translated Agito Replica into "Agito Repca" and Sato into "Shato." WTF, Sega.

Omega_Weltall
Oct 5, 2008, 06:19 PM
i think its a non native English speaker who's doin the censor. they dont know all of the slang and jargon most English speakers know so they censor anything that seems suspect even if the word is completely innocent. heh remember Gr&*# *$#&@$in Blades and Frozen S!#*%&@ (grass assassin blades and frozen shooter)

Tetsaru
Oct 5, 2008, 06:32 PM
i think its a non native English speaker who's doin the censor. they dont know all of the slang and jargon most English speakers know so they censor anything that seems suspect even if the word is completely innocent. heh remember Gr&*# *$#&@$in Blades and Frozen S!#*%&@ (grass assassin blades and frozen shooter)

Any multilingual translator worth his salt should know about that kind of stuff, though. I wouldn't call that an excuse. =/

WhiteKnight01
Oct 5, 2008, 07:11 PM
well feck is censord which annoys me caus its just a clean word that a small amount of people know about, but i guess psz will have far worse on that than psu and that seems to be aimed at a younger gamer

amtalx
Oct 5, 2008, 07:14 PM
One thing to note is that the 360 censors and the PC/PS2 censors are different.

Tetsaru
Oct 5, 2008, 07:20 PM
One thing to note is that the 360 censors and the PC/PS2 censors are different.

D=

But... that just makes it even MORE retarded... o_o;;;

autumn
Oct 5, 2008, 07:23 PM
Its because the xbox has to deal with both PSUs retarded censors and the ones Microsoft puts on it ;_; And yes, it does make it MORE retarded :D

Tubby
Oct 5, 2008, 07:26 PM
If I recall, teat is censored as well. LOL

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 5, 2008, 07:26 PM
Pms or poof. lol

Tetsaru
Oct 5, 2008, 07:29 PM
If I recall, teat is censored as well. LOL

What a bunch of bewb-nazis. -_-X

But seriously, when it gets to the point where you can't even speak properly without something turning into $#@&@^#$ all the time, something needs to be done. =/

Googlebonker
Oct 5, 2008, 07:33 PM
Censored things? Not that I can't think of good reasoning for some of these, but here are a few:

Don'* *** (Don't eat)
Isn'* **? (Isn't it?)
cu
sd
pms
shaved
pork
butt
underage
toss
flaps

(non-JP PC/PS2)

Tubby
Oct 5, 2008, 07:41 PM
I think boff is another one to add to the list too.

Frozenbreak
Oct 5, 2008, 07:42 PM
i hate when your in a sentence and your telling a person to "put a" something on something it censors it.

Tubby
Oct 5, 2008, 07:43 PM
i hate when your in a sentence and your telling a person to "put a" something on something it censors it.

Yes! And that happens to me at least once a day. >.<

Kylie
Oct 5, 2008, 07:43 PM
The Sims Online got away with a "turn censor off" option, and it was rated T.

amtalx
Oct 5, 2008, 07:54 PM
Its because the xbox has to deal with both PSUs retarded censors and the ones Microsoft puts on it ;_; And yes, it does make it MORE retarded :D

To be honest, I would rather MS manage the censor. They would do a better job.

joefro
Oct 5, 2008, 08:03 PM
Even though Microsoft has a separate word censor, it can be turned off(not in PSU but in FFXI you can turn it off). Imo, Sega should give people the option to disable it.

Triple_S
Oct 5, 2008, 10:16 PM
I love how there are a bunch of innocent words that get censored, partially or not, and then I say "bullshit" or "dammit" at least once every couple times I play ("dammit" a lot more often though)

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 6, 2008, 01:11 AM
Way back at the beginning someone complained about 900k being censored....

It's because it's leet speak for a derogatory name for those of asian descent.

The filters are either too fucking crazy or just plain retarded.

Syl
Oct 6, 2008, 01:32 AM
Even though Microsoft has a separate word censor, it can be turned off(not in PSU but in FFXI you can turn it off). Imo, Sega should give people the option to disable it.

Yeah I've always wondered why Sega left that out considering other games besides FFXI have done this. I doubt it would be hard at all to implement as well.

garjian
Oct 6, 2008, 05:57 AM
OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGG WHY DONT THEY JUST REMOVE IT >: (
ITS PATHETIC
at least fix it ffs...
why the fuck cant you say help or tech or problem or the letter a without @#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@# !%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!% @#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@# !%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!% @#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@# !%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!% @#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@# !%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!% @#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@# !%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!% @#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%@# !%@#!%@#!%@#!%@#!%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rambo!
Oct 6, 2008, 06:05 AM
Mine has to be toss

Why did jose **** the salad

garjian
Oct 6, 2008, 06:10 AM
you can turn wows of and thats also 12+ which im sure is Teen in whatever that country is west of britain... i forget sometimes

LongSteve
Oct 6, 2008, 06:18 AM
On 360, the word I hate being censored is 'support'. My character is an Acrotecher and the way I get the most fun playing is as a support force, but I can't say the phrase in game!!!

It's really annoying.

Steve

fay
Oct 6, 2008, 06:23 AM
bit of info here you might not have known.
i got this from melchoir.

when you say somethign and it gets sensored it can be of two thing. sega or microsoft (if on the 360).
if only the one word blocks out then its sega. if the whole message goes out then microsoft done it.

for example. tetsaru said you can type "fucking". hes on pc and gets away with it. i just tried it on 360 and it doesnt work due to microsoft block

so basicly if your on pc and you think its bad. you would choke at the signs of 360 censorship

garjian
Oct 6, 2008, 06:40 AM
well you can still get past most of the censors anyway >: ) MUAHSHAHAHAHAHAHAHHSDHASFHSKGHCIEKHGKRLDFYBJUTRSPJ IOPhaha...

thematesV2
Oct 6, 2008, 09:16 AM
I never understood why I would get censored when I typed in "I hate bees!"

I used to say that whenever the bugges would come out in swarms. but i guess microsoft doesn't want "hate" on all those sailor tongued kids screens... or perhaps they have a phobia of bees?

desturel
Oct 6, 2008, 09:26 AM
Normally when I get a censored word or sentence, I'll trim it back as much as possible to find out what is causing the censor. (x360 BTW)

So if I type a sentence like:

"I'm currently doing Grove of Fanatics" and that gets censored I trim down words to find out what's wrong (as it may affect other sentences I type. The whole problem with that phrase is:

"doing Grove" or to be more specific:

"ng Gr"

anything that ends with ng followed by anything that starts with GR will trip that censor.

"Joining groups with 6 people already in it is impossible."
"Joking greatly improves my mood."

But the one censor that really confuses me is "message" messag isn't censored. essage isn't censored, but message is? Maybe it's a curse word in a language I don't know.

I'm just glad some of the more silly censors were toned down like "420" and "money".

stukasa
Oct 6, 2008, 10:35 AM
Here are some I get a lot:
"toss"
"blow"
"put a"
anything that ends in "t it" like "isn't it" (I'm not talking about anatomy! stupid censor >.<)