PDA

View Full Version : So, I just beat the game... help me not lose everything

lotte
Oct 5, 2008, 08:17 PM
I have seen quite a few threads of people complaining about losing everything and starting a seemingly pointless new game+....

So i just killed the end boss, and the credits are rolling... How do I avoid starting from scratch?

Thanks in advance, and also, I must say PSP is like a dream come true to me. Ever since DC V1 I dreamed of a portable phantasy star online, and now I have it (basically)... My life is almost complete. Very good game, I only wish i spoke japanese so I could understand it. That and an online mode.... and Forest, Caves, Mines, and Ruins....

But hey, when PSP V2 Comes out hopefully that will all be there ;)

EDIT:

PS... To clarify, my current position is just past the credits, where it tells you all kinds of achievements (I assume), then I have a top and bottom option to pick. I am going to wait for a response to proceed... thanks again

22 views so far... and no answer... ill hold out til tomorrow, better plug in the psp

EDIT 2:
I gave up, I attempted to translate the text (I know literally no japanese)...
Then eventually said screw it. I read most people pick the top option and end up getting reset, so i did the bottom... and it worked.

So to anyone who doesnt know:

Pick the Bottom Option first
Then the top option second.

*Whew*

Clint
Oct 6, 2008, 01:25 AM
I have seen quite a few threads of people complaining about losing everything and starting a seemingly pointless new game+....

So i just killed the end boss, and the credits are rolling... How do I avoid starting from scratch?

Thanks in advance, and also, I must say PSP is like a dream come true to me. Ever since DC V1 I dreamed of a portable phantasy star online, and now I have it (basically)... My life is almost complete. Very good game, I only wish i spoke japanese so I could understand it. That and an online mode.... and Forest, Caves, Mines, and Ruins....

But hey, when PSP V2 Comes out hopefully that will all be there ;)

EDIT:

PS... To clarify, my current position is just past the credits, where it tells you all kinds of achievements (I assume), then I have a top and bottom option to pick. I am going to wait for a response to proceed... thanks again

22 views so far... and no answer... ill hold out til tomorrow, better plug in the psp

EDIT 2:
I gave up, I attempted to translate the text (I know literally no japanese)...
Then eventually said screw it. I read most people pick the top option and end up getting reset, so i did the bottom... and it worked.

So to anyone who doesnt know:

Pick the Bottom Option first
Then the top option second.

*Whew*

You know what, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I had the same problem but I chose top and top. Tried to ask for help here got plenty of views and one response telling me I’m pressing buttons I don't know what I'm doing >.> well that is obvious.
I did story mode all over not to bad. It seems there is plenty of people here to tell you what you do wrong but help is top secret you took a good guess and it worked and now you posted what to do that’s what I was looking for yesterday so good job and thanks for this post I’m sure there will be plenty who read it and learn from you which is the way these forums should work. Helping people out when we can :-)

lotte
Oct 6, 2008, 04:44 AM
Well, I checked my character out and realized whatever options I picked (bottom, then top) basically just put me right before the mission with the end boss. Meaning, I was 83 when I killed the end boss, and 82 when I went back to boot my game.

This is definitely better than losing 25 hours of playtime... but I wonder if anyone knows a better option... one that saves your progress with the items you acquire after that final stage. Feel free to enlighten me anyone :)

Squeezit
Oct 6, 2008, 05:26 AM
well im going to post just so you cant say noone posted xD

but im afraid i dont know the answer :(
i dont have a hacked psp, so although i downloaded the game, i cant even put it on my psp xD
silly useless 4 gig memory stick

Rakukojin
Oct 6, 2008, 02:55 PM
I THINK you need to choose the top option, then the bottom one.

Clint
Oct 6, 2008, 03:22 PM
Ok here are some screen shots of the 2 choices that come up,

If anyone would like to translate for us that would be nice ^^

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr240/aoticlint/Phantasy%20Star%20Portable/first.jpg

First choice - It's asking if you want to save character data choose top option!

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr240/aoticlint/Phantasy%20Star%20Portable/second.jpg

Second Choice - Not sure on what this asks but from lotte's choice I would say choose second option This also can be obtained by pressing the Triangle button at any time so until I or someone else translates this use caution at your own risk.

Hope this helps ;-)

-Clint

Akaimizu
Oct 6, 2008, 04:03 PM
I never got to the end of the game yet, funny enough. Let's just say I got distractions, distractions, distractions. I soooo left the beaten path and basically went hunting within unlocked free-missions for so long. :)

Still, this information will be useful when more people decide to get to the end of story-mode.

lotte
Oct 7, 2008, 08:42 PM
oh awesome, well i guess i avoided losing my character because i didn't actually save after i beat the game :)

That's okay, this time i will do top then bottom.

Thanks for the clarification!