PDA

View Full Version : Why Agito Repcas?

Googlebonker
Oct 7, 2008, 11:04 AM
Why are Agito Repcas so poplular?

I wouldn't think it was because of function (although , yes, Agito Repcas can be stronger than any other Sword at the moment), because I haven't heard of anyone running Missions for time with Swords lately. ^^;

Alastor_Haven
Oct 7, 2008, 11:06 AM
Dam google haha how many topics?

Anyway

It's probably cause of the Katana look along with it yeah strongest sword in the game IF
Properly grinded

And well

It's a katana

Eleina
Oct 7, 2008, 12:02 PM
12* Shiny that's why.

Darius_Drake
Oct 7, 2008, 12:13 PM
Well I don't know about anybody else, but me personally I am a sword collector. I want nice powerful shiny swords. The Agito Repca is a huge long shiny powerful sword that I must have. (oohh, me precious!!!!)

RyuRoots
Oct 7, 2008, 04:52 PM
As someone who has vehemently hunted for one (and finally gotten one!), I can say that the only reason I wanted it was to have a nice 2-handed katana. I've always loved that sort of weapon. And even at 3/3 it's better than the Huge Cutter I was using, so whee. Never cared about performance, still don't. I just wanted it for looks, but it's at least decent if you get 3 grinds out of it, and truly excellent if you get 5 or more.

Morganna
Oct 7, 2008, 05:07 PM
It's for the Sephiroth or Dante wannabes.

DraginHikari
Oct 7, 2008, 05:37 PM
People like it, fairly simple regardless of look or it's potential power.

Though honsety I like the Flowen's more then I do Agito... then again it's personal taste.

PSOGaia
Oct 7, 2008, 06:08 PM
I think they are so poplular is because most people want to see samuri swords and most people want see PSO weapons come back.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 7, 2008, 06:39 PM
I think they are so poplular is because most people want to see samuri swords and most people want see PSO weapons come back.

This

o how i wish they brought the lavis cannon to psu o_O

GaNksTa
Oct 7, 2008, 11:50 PM
I currently do not own a Agito Repca, though I would like to get one. I do have above 50 mill so I can get a fairly decent one... though I like to have above 40 mill at all times... and a Repca that is anywhere near 10 mill is utter garbage.

Also I'm having a conflict regarding which element it should be; I have found that Dark, Light and Ice look best on Repcas. Though the sword it would replace is a 20% :fire: Kan Yu 3/10, (weak-sauce percent, though I got it near their peak price) meaning I then wouldn't have a fire weapon.

I suppose I'll just end up having two weapons with one element.

As for why I want it, that would be because it somewhat resembles the Tsumikiri J-Sword, one of the many weapons I carried around in my inventory at all times in PSO.

pikachief
Oct 8, 2008, 12:30 AM
with de ragan slayics much easier to get and hitting an extra target, if u use it how u should be using all swords (on groups on enemies) then it should be close to what repca's can do! :D (well if u pay 50 mil for a sword you'd get a better slayic than a repca :P )

oh and hi TaNkGas!

unicorn
Oct 8, 2008, 12:32 AM
Repca is ugly? >_>

I'd prefer Ragan Slayer/Slayic.

pikachief
Oct 8, 2008, 12:45 AM
Repca is ugly? >_>

I'd prefer Ragan Slayer/Slayic.

i have said it before and i'll say it again that the de ragan slayer/slayic is a god awful looking piece of dung that should feel shame to rear its ugly face into the site of mortal eyes, and torture them so with the terrible disgusting look of such a weapon.

I'd rather use a sword that looks like a de ragan's toe, but 10 times larger taht make a DING DONG noise with every sing than hjave to look at that god forsaken weapon!

k im done ^^

OPINIONS YAY! {dont worry i feel worse about ank zagza and rattle snake :) )

Neith
Oct 8, 2008, 06:23 AM
Because it's a Katana, obviously.

It looks awesome, and mine is Dark-element so it heavily resembles Yamigarasu from PSO, which was one of my favourite weapons. The fact it's stupidly strong is just a bonus- I hunted it purely for the looks.

Having said that, I'm one of the few who does give a damn about Swords, and I use the weapon type on a regular basis, so that helped my decision to hunt it too.

Hrith
Oct 8, 2008, 06:59 AM
IMA SEPHIROTH

Kinako78
Oct 8, 2008, 09:02 AM
This

This and Cross Scar, which was the weapon I always carried in PSO. At least it's available in Phantasy Star Portable. Now I just need a PSP. -_-

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 8, 2008, 09:16 AM
This and Cross Scar, which was the weapon I always carried in PSO. At least it's available in Phantasy Star Portable. Now I just need a PSP. -_-

Yea i grew out of handheld games :-o

Solsulis
Oct 8, 2008, 09:17 AM
Why are Agito Repcas so poplular?

I wouldn't think it was because of function (although , yes, Agito Repcas can be stronger than any other Sword at the moment), because I haven't heard of anyone running Missions for time with Swords lately. ^^;

Lol Google then you dont play with me enough I use Gravity Break all the time I would like just one Repca lol grinded to about 6/6 7/7 8/8

Rayokarna
Oct 8, 2008, 09:23 AM
De Ragan Slayic ftw.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 8, 2008, 09:27 AM
Because it's a Katana, obviously.

It looks awesome, and mine is Dark-element so it heavily resembles Yamigarasu from PSO, which was one of my favourite weapons. The fact it's stupidly strong is just a bonus- I hunted it purely for the looks.

Having said that, I'm one of the few who does give a damn about Swords, and I use the weapon type on a regular basis, so that helped my decision to hunt it too.

Yea i can relate to that.... i havent found one yet but as far as design its looks good.
idk variety on this game to me is kinda eh

Knuckles-(not countin gudda iggac) Gudda Hon......Beast only :-o
Swords-(not countin agito repca/slayer) Kan Yu-Male only
Spears-mutgengek....lightning only

I used to like fortefighter on my male beast but when i wanted to try it on my female cast....i couldnt use about 4 of my main weapons :P
I wish they had more variety in weapon categories

Like for example possible having 2 GRM 10* weapons......to different GRM swords,etc

Btw....they should brind Bloody Art back....

Best knuckles ever lmao XD
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=142

unicorn
Oct 8, 2008, 10:17 AM
Repca looks like a plain Katana to me. Whoopie.

Its also not that strong unless you grind it to 10, and even then, you might have another S-rank sword with a higher %. The average person would only grind it to 5.

De Ragan Slayer + 5 = 1081 atp 422 pp (gets boost with De Ragan Line)
Slayic + 5 = 898 atp 357 pp (hits another target)
Repca + 5 = 1025 atp and 357 pp

CellarDoor
Oct 8, 2008, 10:21 AM

WTF IS A BLOODY ART??!! :wacko:

Darius_Drake
Oct 8, 2008, 10:27 AM
Repca looks like a plain Katana to me. Whoopie.

Its also not that strong unless you grind it to 10, and even then, you might have another S-rank sword with a higher %. The average person would only grind it to 5.

De Ragan Slayer + 5 = 1081 atp 422 pp (gets boost with De Ragan Line)
Slayic + 5 = 898 atp 357 pp (hits another target)
Repca + 5 = 1025 atp and 357 pp

I guess if you were only into having the most powerful sword your point is well taken. For most a plain Katana looks sweet. Especially compared to the foul look of a Ragan Slayer/Slayic. Most I know want the sword for its looks and the power itself is a bonus. Myself I am a sword collector, I want a nice list of swords including but not limited to: Agito Repca, Chainsawd+, Flowen's Greatsword+, and De Ragan Slayer.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 8, 2008, 10:33 AM
WTF IS A BLOODY ART??!! :wacko:
idk if ur kiddin or not but.....

Bloody Art>>>>http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=82&sortby=name

RedRaz0r
Oct 8, 2008, 10:39 AM
Dam google haha how many topics?

Anyway

It's probably cause of the Katana look along with it yeah strongest sword in the game IF
Properly grinded

And well

It's a katana

MMMMM

Raz0r like teh pretty katana

DarthLasek
Oct 8, 2008, 11:07 AM
the fact that it is one of the rarest items in the game is the only reason im hunting it....after i find it...ill probably synth it and sell it...or give it to a friend

Kylie
Oct 8, 2008, 12:31 PM
It looks nifty, and it's super rare. So people want it for their e-peens.

sephiroth115
Oct 8, 2008, 12:48 PM
Two words. "Why not?"

Kinako78
Oct 8, 2008, 01:04 PM
Yea i grew out of handheld games :-o

It's not so much that, cause I own a DS. I just don't know how I'll afford a PSP.

Yeah, that would be cool, too.

Darius_Drake
Oct 8, 2008, 01:50 PM
idk if ur kiddin or not but.....

Bloody Art>>>>http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=82&sortby=name

You bastard. You have twisted my arm so much that I must now dust off my dreamcast version of PSO and start playing that again. Not now, but most likely later this week when ST kicks us offline for the update on Thursday and again for the Maintenance??? on Saturday. See what you are forcing me to do???? ;D

Kinako78
Oct 8, 2008, 02:05 PM
You bastard. You have twisted my arm so much that I must now dust off my dreamcast version of PSO and start playing that again. Not now, but most likely later this week when ST kicks us offline for the update on Thursday and again for the Maintenance??? on Saturday. See what you are forcing me to do???? ;D

I'm gonna spend that time playing Pokemon Pearl. Maybe I'll finally get mine levelled enough to fight the next gym battle.

Darius_Drake
Oct 8, 2008, 02:19 PM
Never tried that game before. I will also probably be dragged into a few game of basketball to switch it up, but good luck. I don't know what the frustration level of those duel games.

Kinako78
Oct 8, 2008, 02:34 PM
Eh, it's not really frustrating. Just time consuming, like levelling your characters in any other rpg. Have fun with basketball. :)

Darius_Drake
Oct 8, 2008, 02:37 PM
I'll try. It will help significantly if I can win a game here and there. LOL!!!

Kinako78
Oct 8, 2008, 02:40 PM
Well, good luck with that, then.

Guess i should try to get this thread back on topic.

Ahem...I'm not too big on swords myself, so I don't know what the real attraction of the Agito Repca is. I like Flowen's Sword quite a bit, though.

AweOfShe
Oct 8, 2008, 02:45 PM
This

...along with the return of lobbies being spammed with "ANY1 GOT LABIS CAMON FRO TRD!?!?!?". Fuck yeah! :lol:

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 8, 2008, 05:01 PM

:-o i knew i could manipulate people around me but i didnt know i could online

who knows that i can accomplish

i can probably get updates every week XD

although it wouldnt make sense........
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=518&sortby=name

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 8, 2008, 05:18 PM
Cause it's TJ without the unsealing part. That's why.

NDW
Oct 8, 2008, 06:02 PM
Cause it's TJ without the unsealing part. That's why.

This.

C457 24N632
Oct 8, 2008, 08:44 PM
Why Agito Repca, you ask?? Um, maybe because it's the best sword in the game. Seems logical.

chicken105
Oct 9, 2008, 07:01 PM
<3 my repcas... I like to touch them...

hunterseifer
Oct 12, 2008, 12:45 AM
Agito repca's looks great, reminds me of some PSO weapons, I personally have two, my light one to remind me of TJS, and dark as yamigarasu(old PSO addict) you could go mass synth a soda riban for high % to do alot of dmg, but anyone can do that(and everyone has it), besides, owning the hardest rare to find marks you as a pro :D

hewitt
Oct 12, 2008, 12:59 AM
I wonder if psycho wand is harder to find than agito repca. o:

Alastor_Haven
Oct 12, 2008, 02:47 AM
Why Agito Repca, you ask?? Um, maybe because it's the best sword in the game. Seems logical.

Flawed

IF Grinded prop with a good %

Noblewine
Oct 12, 2008, 08:59 PM
I guess it's the rarity and the look. I have to admit. It looks cool for a weapon.

RyuRoots
Oct 12, 2008, 09:06 PM
It looks cool for a one-handed saber.

Er...what?

Reki_III
Oct 29, 2008, 01:11 AM
I like it because of the simple fact that it is a katana. I have this thing with huge swords...

Tyreek
Oct 29, 2008, 02:05 AM
I like it because of the simple fact that it is a katana. I have this thing with huge swords...

A "nodatchi" to be presise. And a pretty damn good one. Especially with the photon trail at the end of the blade. That is an ideal eye catcher. Same with Elysion. Whenever that comes.

|3eAsT |3oi
Nov 6, 2008, 04:36 AM
I Say Because It Looks Like A Katana And Looks Awesome With Spinning Break

Darius_Drake
Nov 6, 2008, 01:41 PM
I wonder if psycho wand is harder to find than agito repca. o:

In my opinion they seem to be equal. I have searched long and hard for both of them and I have found neither. :( Just my experience though. I will probably act a fool when I find one of these items.

Serephim
Nov 6, 2008, 05:40 PM
I I will probably act a fool when I find one of these items.

http://www.myspacemusicvideo.com/Music_Video_Codes/thumbs/Pimpin_All_Over_The_World_by_Ludacris.jpg

I personally think some of the weakest weapons in this game are way cooler than Agito Replica. (Cresaud, Creasword, Hanzo are the coolest looking weapon models in the game, IMO.) Kan Yu is about the only sword that looks worth its * rank, as the even higher weapons like De Ragan Slayer, although have a cool model, are lame because they lack a special effect to boot.

I just cant believe Sonic Team put weapons past 11* in this game without any special effects or gimmicks to them. Like, Agito Replica has its name renamed to "Slash", but it doesnt do anything special. If it had like 2x range/speed/target increase, it would be awesome. 1 Extra target is bullshyt imo.

For instance, Kan Yu should have been an Ice-Only weapon and inflicted like Lv2 freeze. (The aura effect looks perfect with ice imo.) De Ragan Slayer looks neat, but has no visual effect or even special abilities.

Strength alone cant make a rare. you dont say "SUPER HIGH-END UNLIMITED GIGA REACTOR" and it looks like any other glowy green crap.

Hell, even the highest * mechgun in this game at the time has absolutley NO special effects or graphics to it. It shoots regular ugly bullets.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 6, 2008, 09:18 PM
Because my dark repca is 32% and 9/9. That's why.

Finae
Nov 7, 2008, 12:07 AM
Shaddup people, don't make people think repca's aren't worth it, these people spend 3-4mil on my agito edges that I put up in my shop.

Aeris
Nov 7, 2008, 12:24 AM
I like it because of the looks, sound effect of the swing and atp :wacko:

tadtwisted
Nov 7, 2008, 12:21 PM
I really like the svaltus sword and its a really good sword and its just as good as a agito until the agito passes 5 grinds (but for a 5th of the price) and it has almost double the PP so I can fight and level my PA's faster

Neith
Nov 7, 2008, 12:31 PM
I really like the svaltus sword and its a really good sword and its just as good as a agito until the agito passes 5 grinds (but for a 5th of the price) and it has almost double the PP so I can fight and level my PA's faster

I'm just going to chip in here and say this- PP isn't that important on Swords. The amount of PP they regain from Just Attacks is huge- especially with Agito, as it hits an additional target.

If you're just a casual player, there's no point hunting Agito Repca, because you can buy Huge Cutter/Kan Yu/Svaltus Sword, even De Ragan Slayic for a fraction of the price, and they're not much worse.

If you put the time and/or money into it though, Agito is a great sword, with barely any variable ATP (so almost every hit does around the same damage.) At +5 grinds, Agito has 357PP, which is reasonably good. It's also the most accurate sword, if anyone even thinks ATA still matters :wacko:

It's more for the players who want a trophy rare, to be honest. I love using mine, but it really isn't much better than the other Swords I have- and I'm not stupid enough to try for a +10 Agito :lol: I know mine would break if I tried, so it stays at +5.