PDA

View Full Version : Online population, really gotten this bad?

Triton
Oct 7, 2008, 12:02 PM
Ok I’m looking to do some runs on Parum instead of Neudaiz, Moatoob or the Colony so looking threw U1 and nothing but C-B runs till I find one S party running Lightning Beasts so I join and they say only members of the *removed* clan can join and boot me.

So after rechecking the entire planet no other S-runs I give out and try Neudaiz same thing only C-B runs except for Moonlight Beast 3-S2 missions are running and I try to join they all say Clan members only and boot me the last place I try are S-runs at White Beast which is so yesterday.

Moatoob was next and you guessed it C-B runs except Desert Goliath same thing clan only S and S2 runs and the Bladed Legacy has lost my interest.

Even the GUARDIANS Colony was empty except for 4th floor where all they do is advertise shops, curse each other off and chat with friends.

The only time PSU has people now is during events, I guess that the game is losing people left and right and soon I might be one of them if this keeps up.

ashley50
Oct 7, 2008, 12:05 PM
are you new?

Triton
Oct 7, 2008, 12:09 PM
are you new?

I've been playing since 1 month after Firebreak.

Thor131
Oct 7, 2008, 12:48 PM
I agree with u Triton this game is going down hill fast.

ForteGunnerW
Oct 7, 2008, 12:52 PM
i have to admit i always used to stand by PSU but latley its just boring all my clan members quit so you know -_-

TecherRamen
Oct 7, 2008, 01:03 PM
PSU needs a beginning and an end. Thats why PSO was good. you start in the forest, end in the ruins and then you can log off happily or do something else. No one lobby hops anymore. planets have beginnings and ends. remember running from mad beasts to foran waterfall? even if you didnt get any cool items it was still fun....

now people are over run with greed. or something.. i dont even know. bladed legacy is ok, but why cant we do awoken serpent afterwards? is having a mountain of catilium realy so great? I dont even get catis from that mission, i get like one every three hours.

PSU is not broken. The people are just fucking stupid!

Triton
Oct 7, 2008, 01:11 PM
The only reason I still play is to finish the episode 3 story then I might quit, still not decided.

Darius_Drake
Oct 7, 2008, 01:36 PM
Which server are you on??

Pika
Oct 7, 2008, 01:49 PM
which server...cause i have no problems with finding teams usually. (less im just being picky..)

garjian
Oct 7, 2008, 02:04 PM
mission spamming sucks... but thats what the psu community has done to it i guess
why do people run bladed legacy so much when it doesnt drop solid / knight, muktengek, grand cross, agito repca... ok how about anything expensive what so ever... occasionally youll get an 8% spada woooo

noone needs anything from it so i dont get it myself

Turb0
Oct 7, 2008, 02:13 PM
Why don't they just have a clan password?

Inazuma
Oct 7, 2008, 02:33 PM
mission spamming sucks... but thats what the psu community has done to it i guess
why do people run bladed legacy so much when it doesnt drop solid / knight, muktengek, grand cross, agito repca... ok how about anything expensive what so ever... occasionally youll get an 8% spada woooo

"i cant believe the players try to gather meseta in a game that revolves around meseta" is basically what you are saying.

i blame sonic team for this. for one, players dont have instant access to their PM for item storage/equipment changing so they feel compelled to stick to a single mission. if you do multiple missions, its much harder to have optimal equipment and you will max out your 60 items faster. if we could access our PM directly from the lobby npc, it wouldnt be hard to go from one mission to another. deposit your items, swap out a few weps/armor and your good to go. thats what we did for pso and it worked great.

or even better than that, increase character item storage from 60 to 100, and also make it seperate from equipped items. also, let us set predetermined palettes and swap instantly w/ a hot key. so for example, you could use 6 dark weps, light armor and sleep resist for white beast, then head to rafon relics, hit one key, and your equip would instantly switch to fire, earth, dark weps, light armor and stun resist.

but even if they do this, its not enough. the players decide on which mission is the "best" for them (in other words, which mission will make them meseta the fastest) and simply spam it as much as possible. why should i do mission B when i make meseta faster from mission A? there is no point. only way to fix this would be to make it so mission A is NOT the best. could be something like if the mission is continually spammed, lower the exp/meseta/item drop rate/boss boxes, etc temporarily so some other mission becomes the new "best" mission.

garjian
Oct 7, 2008, 02:41 PM
but still i made 20mil in a day last week from solid / knights :P havent been so lucky since then though... so why dont people dun egg thieves?

desturel
Oct 7, 2008, 02:42 PM
why do people run bladed legacy so much

Catilium?

when it doesnt drop solid / knight

Lightning Beasts is easy to solo. Or you could go for Egg Theives if you have someone decent with you.

muktengek

People still do Awoken Serpent S/S2.

grand cross

Now getting a group to do Electric Brain is a bit more difficult. Soloing mother brain is a bit time consuming, but not impossible.

agito repca

Still plenty of people doing True Darkness. It would be nice to find a few that would be willing to go to Seed Awakening, but even just doing True Darkness is good enough. Plus it's a quick run.

ok how about anything expensive what so ever

If you are looking for expensive stuff to sell, then you can go to White Beast and hunt Serafi-senba. :P

Personally I'll probably stick to Forest Infiltration. Gourmet Cake, Gourmet Chocolate, and Degahna Cannon have done pretty well for me cash wise.

Or if you want even easier cash, jump into Mad Creatures C and stock up on Koltova Milk, Koltova Gras, and Omega Acid from Polty. A friend of mine is getting about 1mil worth of items for an hours worth of runs.

garjian
Oct 7, 2008, 02:49 PM
didnt know about gourmet cake and choc... and also didnt realise omega acid was still worth anything :P but yeah i did koltavas... but i spent it on new love red & white bikini :O

desturel
Oct 7, 2008, 03:01 PM
let us set predetermined palettes and swap instantly w/ a hot key.

If they only implement hot swap for Armor and units, that would be fine with me. Or if we could just link certain slots to certain armors, that would be good as well. So Let me have a Hizeri-senba with Har/Smart Sleep/Resist Hard/Stamina, then let me swap to my Rabol Lebfa with Har/Smart Cati / Bullet PP Save Confuse / Resist all with one button press instead of having to swap each unit out one by one.

This would be especially useful for lot level techers who need to swap armor depending on what enemy they are facing.

Of course in the current PSU where 90% of the enemies on any given map are only one element, I guess it doesn't matter as much for armor swapping. Version 1 maps were much more diverse in the ways you could be killed.

White Beast:
Sleep Resist, Freeze Resist, Confuse resist and maybe Poison Resist.
Light armor, Dark Armor for boss.
Enemy attacks, Light, Ice, Dark (boss)

Grove of Fanatics:
Burn Resist, Stun Resist, Freeze Resist, Shock Resist.
Fire Armor, Ice Armor, Ground armor, Light Armor for boss.
Enemy attacks, Fire, Ice, Ground, Lightning, Light (Boss).

Lightning Beast:
Shock Resist
Lightning Armor
Enemy attacks, Lightning

Mad Beasts:
Poison Resist, Stun Resist, Freeze Resist, Vijeri Resist.
Fire Armor, Ice Armor, Lightning Armor
Enemy Attacks, Fire, Ice, Lighting

didnt know about gourmet cake and choc... and also didnt realise omega acid was still worth anything :P but yeah i did koltavas... but i spent it on new love red & white bikini :O

Yup, Omega Acid still sell, plus on C and B runs you can stock up on Copernia to sell as well. It's really easy money in Mad Creatures. That's why I'm not worried about money in this game any longer.

I sold 99 Tear of Light to make a stack. There's a problem when Tear of Light is more expensive than items you actually have to hunt for.

BTW, if you plan on doing Forest Infiltration, you need two people to get to most of the gourmet choco/cake. If you are just hunting that stuff, Forested Islands is a much quicker map to stock up on.

And no, I don't care if I'm giving away "trade secrets". The way the market is overpriced on food items isn't going to change overnight. Too bad people don't realize how easy it is to obtain most of these "super rare" objects.

EMPYREAN
Oct 7, 2008, 03:12 PM
heh i have the same feeling. no1 is playing at normal EU times any longer(normaly a half star in uni2 from 12:00- 22:00, even at weekends) so i have more or less quit.
but if ther is some1 playing they r only doing WB or training PAs in WB.

im only gonna play during events from now on, thats seems to be the only thing that can raise the population a few stars for a short time.

Noblewine
Oct 7, 2008, 03:55 PM
The way the game is now most people are spread out and spamming one mission for awhile then change to another. Universe 2 is the best place to find parties.

Thor131
Oct 7, 2008, 03:57 PM
Why don't they just have a clan password?

I agree but I personally think that some of those people enjoy booting u or their waiting for some one but are to lazy to lock the party!!!

Triton
Oct 7, 2008, 04:00 PM
The way the game is now most people are spread out and spamming one mission for awhile then change to another. Universe 2 is the best place to find parties.

Is that on the 360 or PC/PS2, I'm a 360 and now U1 even having 5 stars by noon-3pm is like a rare sight during the week even the weekend.

Noblewine
Oct 7, 2008, 04:07 PM
Is that on the 360 or PC/PS2, I'm a 360 and now U1 even having 5 stars by noon-3pm is like a rare sight during the week even the weekend.

I'm on the PC/PS2 hub. The population is kinda low and universe 2 is where most of the people are. My bad. I'm sure you'll find a party that won't boot you.

Yunfa
Oct 7, 2008, 04:24 PM
360 and no parties? Doesn't sound right, if you really want different missions, doing them with NPCs isn't that bad. (Lvling photon arts, bullets, technics)

Triton
Oct 7, 2008, 06:22 PM
360 and no parties? Doesn't sound right, if you really want different missions, doing them with NPCs isn't that bad. (Lvling photon arts, bullets, technics)

An NPC is ok but playing with often people is handy for when your in a group of monsters one is about to attack and they knock it down before it kills you.

dingo123
Oct 7, 2008, 06:39 PM
people are getting tired of paying sega for crappy updates!

Thor131
Oct 8, 2008, 04:17 PM

noone needs anything from it so i dont get it myself

I agree with you I think they just do it because it new or to get the seed lad staff monster.

thematesV2
Oct 8, 2008, 04:24 PM
i feel like i may back out soon too. I can play PSO when I want, and with the MONTHS we have to wait for anything new, it's not worth it. I did a good thing before, back out for 6 months then come back, you save 60 someodd dollars, and when you come back, wow, lots of new stuff to look at!... perhaps wait till after the next expansion.... (which is probably not happening. I haven't even heard of a "next expansion")

Genoa
Oct 8, 2008, 04:33 PM
I hear more and more (and here's another) about 360 users that get booted from parties (especially at box drops area)

On PC/PS2, the population is so low... if anyone did that, EVERYONE would know by the end of the day >_>
For the most part, we see the same people daily. Hard to be an ass if everyone know you are one.

I'm not saying everyone on 360 is an ass, but the more I hear about these things... the more I appreciate PC/PS2's population. (don't get me wrong, still a good handful of tards on pc/ps2 as well <_< but what game doesn't have them?)

Kylie
Oct 8, 2008, 05:20 PM
In between events and hotspots, anyone without a reliable group is screwed. :/

Para
Oct 8, 2008, 06:17 PM

Well... the people in uni2 pubs are nice enough imo.

Kizeragi
Oct 8, 2008, 06:27 PM

Totally agree.

Luckly enough for me, I always have a large group of friends I can play with online. (The reason I managed to get 2 SN/G's from MAG#2)

Para
Oct 8, 2008, 06:55 PM
Sometimes I think we need to rally the people again and have a meet up to see who is still left =X

shotsfired
Oct 8, 2008, 07:00 PM
i know that loser clan. I hate people who do that. If they want only clan members, why not just lock the f-ing room up. Shouldn't your "clan" know the "secret code" to get in the room?

Triton
Oct 9, 2008, 12:02 PM
i know that loser clan. I hate people who do that. If they want only clan members, why not just lock the f-ing room up. Shouldn't your "clan" know the "secret code" to get in the room?

Which one I know of about 16 on the 360 server

L_Grey
Oct 9, 2008, 06:46 PM
*wall-o-text*

I has a theory why this game isn't captivating me any more the problem that im having now is the end game what have we been doing since we were lv 1 all we did was lv ourselves, pa's, classes, look for weps and armor and run missions what are we doin now? are we running missions that we couldnt before? are we doing anything that say a lv 10 cant? everything we do is exactly the same as it was b4 we capped what we have done since day one sure there are new missions and bla bla bla but this game seems like its missing the end game part that keeps players playing i understand the hunt for rares but theres just got to be somthing more there has to be somthing that completly changes from beginning to end to keep people playing after they work to reach the lv cap granted segas event experiance bonus kills that work but still do they really think that saying hey you wasted 2 months leveling (idk how long it takes lol) up ur character now ur ready for a new experiances and challenges heres they same map u leveled up in with basically the same monsters but supposedly harder (which i think the early lvs in this game are harder) is gonna be fun for 2 yrs? all im saying is the magic is definitly running out for me i use to crave playing this game and lately because of school and exams i somtimes have to miss the entire week playing and i find that i dont really miss it anymore idk jus my lil rant

ForteGunnerW
Oct 10, 2008, 02:08 AM
Lol 1 star we used to have 3 when we were all spamming white beasts..

jobber
Oct 10, 2008, 06:37 PM
man up and do runs with your PM

it's only a few levels where you need more than 1 person.

plus you get all the monies.

Arika
Oct 10, 2008, 08:54 PM
Join their guild then?

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 11, 2008, 09:44 AM
I like Bladed Legacy. The colors are much easier on the eyes than Blinding White Beast.

wolfie2
Oct 11, 2008, 04:04 PM
my first time posting here and i never follow rules so forgive if i break any lol =p ive been playin PSU since day one way back when u couldnt do moatoob and when the cap was 50 (fun times) :) anyway, i agree with alot of wuts been said here and wish things would go back to tthe way they were, like u could go to any planet and find a bunch of ppl willin to do any run reguardless of wut drops. i myself had to quit for awhile then recently (last week) came back hopin to start doin runs and makin weps and armors and money but it seems all ppl r interested in now is money money money and nottin else (espesially new ppl) ive noticed a fair amount of the ppl who sell things at rediculiously high stupid prices have not even had the game for 6 months or so and really dont care about doin missions unless it gets them money or items that makes them money. to all those that read this that r new to the game, ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY...ITS A GAME!!!!! to the rest who r long time players like me or others that wish to run missions just for fun or lvlin arts and chars im ususally wonderin around sumwhere in uni 1 or 2. im always willin to do any mission, yea i have alot of items i need/want but those can always wait altho im sure alot of ppl would disagree with me there. find me and hit me up if u wanna run:) i almost forgot, im on the 360 :)

GeekRuler
Oct 11, 2008, 05:43 PM
As a wandering entity in PSU on 360 from day 1 (#2784 :D). I still find that not having a party to play with is liberating and breaks up the boredom. If you can't stand spamming a mission you picked the wrong game :o
However, if you think I'm supposed to have a god pallete and elitim bleeding out my pores you would be heavily mistaken. I remember the first time I held one million which was Late August before AotI while I was doing Seabed (:D) and never capped out until the AotI expansion, which I did a gaming marathon of consisting of 5 days and 72 hours of gaming :D. What I'm saying is I have spent close to 2-3 years playing this game and if you cannot find something to bind yourself to the game by yourself (without clan/group/etc) then yes it is a dark time for you.

wolfie2
Oct 11, 2008, 10:54 PM
i agree with u geek on the solo runs thing but that does get boring after awhile coz u aint got nobody to talk to and u go stir crazy (like me) lol :-p p.s my # is 1325:D

Presumption
Oct 12, 2008, 09:42 AM
I'm on 360 and I don't see a problem with population at all.

I played originally when the game was first released and heard nothing but issues with people getting their items stolen and their PMs deleted on the PS2/PC version. That might explain why so many ended up leaving that version In my Opinion. I meet people all the time on the 360 that are returning players like my self. People that would like to return on the PS2/PC version are turned away with the fear of all that happening again.

TecherRamen
Oct 12, 2008, 12:13 PM
somehow I don't think that's quite it... we have not been hacked in a while. Its all just the law of diminishing returns. I slowed down playing because it feels like its impossible to find anything I need or want anymore.

SStrikerR
Oct 12, 2008, 12:29 PM
I dont think anybody is afraid of hackers returning, because the odds of that are very slim. What could they do that they havent done already? No, it's because people are losing interest, their friends quit, random people usually turn out to be assholes, the lack of updates is annoying as hell and SoA doesnt give a shit, and so much more.

Thor131
Oct 12, 2008, 02:41 PM
Join their guild then?

Guilds/Clans can be over rated with their own specific rules and all that, I used to be in 1 or 3 as an Information gather on all things, gathering at their request but I went freelance instead because things fell apart in those guilds/clans besides freelance is more interesting.

Saphion
Oct 12, 2008, 04:37 PM
As someone who quit the game early on (then came back and quit again), perhaps I could offer some insight.

The reason I left was because everyone I came across was motivated by greed. People would only do the most rewarding mission and ignore all the rest. It may be great for some people, but there's only so many times I can do the same mission without getting bored to tears. If I wanted to do another mission, I'd just have to do it by myself.

Now, I play games to have fun, not to fill up some imaginary numbers. It was all "Meseta Meseta Meseta! Mission points Mission points Mission points! Me! Me! Me!". I felt none of the community spirit that I did with PSO (that game's strongest aspect, IMO).

Back to PSU, and I'd join a pickup group, and nobody would speak throughout the entire mission, despite my failed attempts to get them to do so. It was boring. I was paying a monthly fee to play with people who were acting like NPCs.

Add in the unrewarding drop rates, the charmless item synthesis system and complete lack of co-op situations (instead relying on "kill everything, move forward" mechanics) and the result is a game that lacks enjoyment.

Of course, this is just my opinion, and many of you will rightly disagree with it, but that's just how I felt at the time. The game just failed to entertain me. Whether it was due to the players, or the way the game was designed I don't know to this day. Do I blame the players, for focusing purely on in-game material goods instead of on the community itself and having fun, or do I blame the developers for making a game that allows such a situation to arise?

Sorry for the rant.

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 12, 2008, 04:42 PM
I have the same problem and only have a few good friends, Say! maybe we should team up when you return to PSU.

PSO and PSU were created for communication, jokes and FUN! not for some mindless greedy drones. If someone is not going to interact and be friendly with others then just play offline, srly some ppl. <_<

Saphion
Oct 12, 2008, 04:44 PM
PSO and PSU were created for communication, jokes and FUN! not for some mindless greedy drones.

That's it exactly!

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 12, 2008, 04:52 PM
Heheh trust me, Ive had too many crazy PSU stories, but it has been good times now looking bad at them..very educational if you know what I mean XD. Although I liked PSO better like you said XD more fun ppl there. Hmm, ATM I am not on PSU since my license expired, And I has no monies ATM. XD oh! I also acquired the PC version since I got a a new PC a DELL XPS! hopefully tomorrow I receive my AOI PC copy. but yeah...I need monies for license so meh. :P

My poor CASINO COINZ!! T_T oh well.

wolfie2
Oct 13, 2008, 03:28 PM
im online right now and mostly on all day (i rarely sign out unless its to sleep):-P if anybody who reads this and wants to run missions for FUN look for me on uni 2 ill b in front of the parum gardians branch just send me an in-game messege or thru live just in case im afc;-) hope to c sum of u there;-)

wolfie2
Oct 13, 2008, 03:38 PM
its 4:40pm EST btw:)