PDA

View Full Version : Hal's radio comes live october 17

dogg1000
Oct 7, 2008, 07:25 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_events.php?item=20081007a

Hi! Gurhal Channel 5 Headline News, I'm your newscaster - HAL!

Gurhal Channel 5 is preparing a special local news feature for next Friday, October 17. We are featuring the people, small businesses, and events going on in your community! If you have some news you would like to share, a friend you would like to greet, a shop you want to advertise, or an event you would like to promote, pick up your vision phone and give our operator your info. The Broadcast will be going out to all of Gurhal, this is a great chance to make your voice heard!

Please keep submissions brief - 40 words or less. Please make sure to specify which game server you are submitting your message to. You can reach the staff of Gurhal channel 5 at [email protected] - please put Hals Radio in your subject line. Not all submissions will be selected for inclusion in our broadcast. Deadline for submissions is the end of the day Sunday, October 12! The Broadcast will go live October 17, scrolling across the screens of all PSU players online,

HAL's Radio Broadcast - Schedule

October 12 - Deadline for Submissions

October 17 - In Game Broadcast on both PC/PS2 and Xbox 360 Servers - The Broadcast will be repeated in the morning, afternoon, and evening. The broadcast will be 30 minutes or less.

Morning Broadcast - 10:00 AM
Afternoon Broadcast - 3:00 PM
Evening Broadcast - 8:00 PM

All times are PDT on October 17, 2008

shadowsniper6
Oct 7, 2008, 07:28 PM
Thats interesting

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 7, 2008, 07:31 PM
Indeed

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 7, 2008, 07:33 PM
So how are you sending them your voice?

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 7, 2008, 07:37 PM

idk but that would be creepy yet funny to play and start hearing voices out of the blue :-o

Gunslinger-08
Oct 7, 2008, 09:00 PM
Ha ha ha... sounds cool. Maybe I'll get around to submitting something.

Tetsaru
Oct 7, 2008, 10:22 PM
Figured I'd go ahead and send em a message myself... hell, I sent em a support ticket earlier, lol...

[spoiler-box]
Hello, this is Tetsaru from PSU/AotI. I would like the following message to be broadcast for the Hal's Radio event on Universe 2:

"Do not settle for Sega's mediocrity! I, along with the other paying members of the North American/European servers of PSU, demand that we receive the same content updates and events as Japan, at the same time!" - from Tetsaru

Before you take offense to this, I believe that this message will help encourage the Sega corporation that its North American and European playerbase loves PSU just as much as Japan, and is desperate to see new and fullfilling updates be released every two weeks to help close the ever-widening gap between the NA/EU and Japanese servers in terms of gameplay. I have enjoyed many of Sega's games, including this one, and I would love to see a noticable effort on their part to responsibly bring out its full potential.

Every time I log onto the PC/PS2 servers (why are they seperate from Xbox360 and Japan, anyway?), I hardly ever see Universe 2 past 1 and a half stars in terms of population. All the other servers are usually near empty. I feel that this game would be much more enjoyable for its playerbase if all these servers were united - there is no reason why they shouldn't. All this does is cause problems.

Although I admit that Sega has done better since the incident with MAG, there is still much work to be done. I want my message to be heard by the playerbase, as well as the Sega corporation, to motivate them to work harder and provide an amazing gaming experience to match the likes of World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XI, or any other online game giant. There is so much potential... why isn't it being utilized?

So please, take my message into consideration for the Hal's Radio event. I know that I, as well as many other people on my server, would be more than happy to have the same content as Japan has, but not have to wait for months and months to receive it. We know it is all just content waiting to be unlocked off of the game disc; I think Sega's paying customers deserve more than that.

Sincerely and concerningly,

Tetsaru
Member of the AotI PC/PS2 servers
[/spoiler-box]

I'm curious as to how they'll respond. :3

pikachief
Oct 7, 2008, 10:26 PM

"The Broadcast will go live October 17, scrolling across the screens of all PSU players online"

im sure its not an actual voice but its words :P

Im thinking of what to send :)

Possibly something like "Hai its me Kitty! =^.^= Support us Big Girls by making a large bodied Character! They're so must more fun, interesting, and unique than all your generic tiny characters! :P"

lol

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 7, 2008, 10:32 PM
Figured I'd go ahead and send em a message myself... hell, I sent em a support ticket earlier, lol...

[spoiler-box]
Hello, this is Tetsaru from PSU/AotI. I would like the following message to be broadcast for the Hal's Radio event on Universe 2:

"Do not settle for Sega's mediocrity! I, along with the other paying members of the North American/European servers of PSU, demand that we receive the same content updates and events as Japan, at the same time!" - from Tetsaru

Before you take offense to this, I believe that this message will help encourage the Sega corporation that its North American and European playerbase loves PSU just as much as Japan, and is desperate to see new and fullfilling updates be released every two weeks to help close the ever-widening gap between the NA/EU and Japanese servers in terms of gameplay. I have enjoyed many of Sega's games, including this one, and I would love to see a noticable effort on their part to responsibly bring out its full potential.

Every time I log onto the PC/PS2 servers (why are they seperate from Xbox360 and Japan, anyway?), I hardly ever see Universe 2 past 1 and a half stars in terms of population. All the other servers are usually near empty. I feel that this game would be much more enjoyable for its playerbase if all these servers were united - there is no reason why they shouldn't. All this does is cause problems.

Although I admit that Sega has done better since the incident with MAG, there is still much work to be done. I want my message to be heard by the playerbase, as well as the Sega corporation, to motivate them to work harder and provide an amazing gaming experience to match the likes of World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XI, or any other online game giant. There is so much potential... why isn't it being utilized?

So please, take my message into consideration for the Hal's Radio event. I know that I, as well as many other people on my server, would be more than happy to have the same content as Japan has, but not have to wait for months and months to receive it. We know it is all just content waiting to be unlocked off of the game disc; I think Sega's paying customers deserve more than that.

Tetsaru
[/spoiler-box]

This is actually good ^_^ If this doesnt work....we go to plan B....forcing the updates ourselves :-o lol jk

Tetsaru
Oct 7, 2008, 10:43 PM
This is actually good ^_^ If this doesnt work....we go to plan B....forcing the updates ourselves :-o lol jk

Guess we'd better start forming a big, unruly mob then. :3

Jose!
Oct 7, 2008, 10:48 PM
Hmmm...this looks like a great way to advertise my Photon Gacha...Hehehehe....

thebummers
Oct 7, 2008, 11:15 PM
This is just more smokescreen silly crap to try and make you forget you aren't getting much in the way of new content for your money as we slip yet another month behind Japanese content. It's like your bank giving you a free pen while you wait way too long to get your new checks in the mail.

Tetsaru
Oct 7, 2008, 11:20 PM
This is just more smokescreen silly crap to try and make you forget you aren't getting much in the way of new content for your money as we slip yet another month behind Japanese content. It's like your bank giving you a free pen while you wait way too long to get your new checks in the mail.

Maybe the message I sent Sega will give em a clue, if you read it.

I've said it before: a business can't succeed without the support of its clients. If Sega can't provide us with anything worthwhile, people won't pay for it, simple as that.

SakuraJr
Oct 7, 2008, 11:25 PM
Maybe the message I sent Sega will give em a clue, if you read it.

I've said it before: a business can't succeed without the support of its clients. If Sega can't provide us with anything worthwhile, people won't pay for it, simple as that.

*nods nods nods*

GaNksTa
Oct 7, 2008, 11:37 PM
Well it seems as if it is a possible attempt cut down on spam, a noble effort, but people will continue regardless.

Noblewine
Oct 8, 2008, 12:08 AM
I'll have to try this sometimes. It looks like fun and maybe a nice distraction while we wait for the updates.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 8, 2008, 01:06 AM
Guess we'd better start forming a big, unruly mob then. :3

*grabs the crimsons for torches* XD

Namine
Oct 8, 2008, 02:52 AM

[spoiler-box]

Tetsaru
[/spoiler-box]

Please keep submissions brief - 40 words or less.

I don't think that will work..

Genoa
Oct 8, 2008, 03:06 AM
CAST SUPREMACY!
Well, I don't agree <_< but I know someone's going to do that one.

I think I'm going to do...
BEAST WOMEN ARE THE BEST!

ThEoRy
Oct 8, 2008, 10:13 AM

[spoiler-box]

Tetsaru
[/spoiler-box]

Jake.

That's how.

stukasa
Oct 8, 2008, 10:17 AM
Sounds interesting! :3 I'll probably be too lazy to submit something myself, though... :p

Kizeragi
Oct 8, 2008, 11:30 AM

Jake.

That's how.

Pretty sure it's this...

It's 38-40 words anyway.

Cracka_J
Oct 8, 2008, 01:46 PM
I think I'll submit:

SEGAC SEGAC SEGAC SEGAC SEGAC SEGAC SEGAC SEGAC SEGAC SEGAC
SEGAC SEGAC SEGAC SEGAC SEGAC SEGAC SEGAC SEGAC SEGAC <3CRACKA

There, that's 40.

Dragwind
Oct 8, 2008, 02:06 PM
This should be an effective way to advertise community events to players in game. Looking forward to it.

Pentence
Oct 8, 2008, 02:19 PM
Fuuuuucccckkkkkkk i need to get back on asap cause i would so advertise to RPers about my minievent i want to do.

Darius_Drake
Oct 8, 2008, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Tetsaru

That a creative idea. What would really be interesting is if they would even dare select that as one of the messages that they choose to run. Somehow I actually doubt it. LOL!!!

lanvandam
Oct 8, 2008, 03:42 PM
imma give shout outs to dipset and

im riding wit Tetsaru idea i will say " SEGA GIVE US THE F**KIN UPDATES LIKE JP OR ELSE"

pikachief
Oct 8, 2008, 03:51 PM
i dont think u guys realize this seems to be a GM only ran event that sega has nothing to do with.

in other words your GIB UPDATE NAO ideas wont work at all because the GM's (chill and ruby) have no control over the updates.

all they do is that they check your e-mails, check which ones they want, and when the appointed time comes, they make those messages scroll on the screen in the orange banner >.>

Rhonda
Oct 8, 2008, 07:44 PM
i dont think u guys realize this seems to be a GM only ran event that sega has nothing to do with.

in other words your GIB UPDATE NAO ideas wont work at all because the GM's (chill and ruby) have no control over the updates.

all they do is that they check your e-mails, check which ones they want, and when the appointed time comes, they make those messages scroll on the screen in the orange banner >.>

It's called a halloween banner.

C457 24N632
Oct 8, 2008, 08:48 PM
"The Broadcast will go live October 17, scrolling across the screens of all PSU players online"

Wow, that sounds fabulously annoying. Remind me to take the day off.

Tetsaru
Oct 8, 2008, 08:49 PM

^ This was my intended message.

But yeah, I'm serious about this. Sega has NO reason to continue drop-feeding content like this to us, especially when we're what... half a year or even further behind Japan? Hell, we should be sharing the save servers as they are.

Furthermore, if it IS just the GM's behind this, then they need to have the balls to properly represent the playerbase that they govern, and tell the apparently oblivious higher-ups in Sega's failing corporation that we're sick and tired of this.

Granted, things have improved since MAG, but it's still not enough. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that would like to see this game become as popular as WoW or FF11, and such an occurrence would give Sega the money that they desperately need to possibly redeem themselves.

I'm sick of preaching to the choir about this; Sega simply needs to step up their game. Reap the benefits, or reap the consequences.

-Jet-
Oct 8, 2008, 08:53 PM
Just let it go, Tetsaru. These scrubs will defend Segac 'til the end because of their blind stupidity. Let Segac die like the old, sick dog that it is.