PDA

View Full Version : AotI Overall class, Who's the best?

Aeris PSU?!?!
Oct 7, 2008, 07:31 PM
I need some opinions on what you think is the best class, and race and possibly (male and female differences?):sleepy:
Im all for newmans, i love TECHs and sometiems we can do the most damage
but someone explain to me whats so great about beasts, casts, and (the worst) humans?:(
I have a lot of friends with beasts, and i cant stand that they have such horrible MST, casts are cool looking but is there really any other purpose for them other than SUV's and accuracy? (lack in power?) Are humans really worthless? i have one btw...fighgunner, i liked it but wow they lack in ANY special abilities.

So what's the best? yes, there is one, so post some of your opinions and help (no censor lol) me out.:-?

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 7, 2008, 07:33 PM
Idk i guess it all goes by opinion.....i rarely see alot of good techers and fortegunners on the xbox server

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 7, 2008, 08:55 PM
IMO a male CAST FF (or in the future FM) is the best damage output.

Beasts may have better attack, but the CAST'S decent ATP and great ATP will keep you dealing really good damage more consistently (if you use anything other than 'broga)

And hands down SUV>Nanoblast because face it: What beast FF does as much damage with their Nano as they do with an axe? None of them.

This is my opinion.

TecherRamen
Oct 7, 2008, 09:10 PM
AT is the best class - most versatile.

HUMANS ARE MAGIC USERS WITH GOOD DFP

Casts ARE good fighters because they DO hit more often

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 7, 2008, 09:13 PM
Ah...Gah...Ubwaa!! Nuff said.

Inazuma
Oct 7, 2008, 09:23 PM
1. male cast FM
2. male cast GM
3. female newman MF

Lyrix
Oct 7, 2008, 09:26 PM
Humans are in no way worst, unless you have a horribly wrong definition of worst in which being average and having the ability to do more than one thing is bad XD

and for best, id say human for myself, mostly because i like to play as 7 different classes XD

unicorn
Oct 7, 2008, 10:00 PM
1. male cast FM
2. male cast GM
3. female newman MF

You are wrong.

1. male cast FM
2. male beast FM
3. female cast/beast FM
4. male/female beast GM

ashley50
Oct 7, 2008, 10:02 PM
those 2 classes with race abilities.

Genoa
Oct 8, 2008, 03:35 AM
Yeah... I knew this thread looked bad at the start.
Sega made the type/gender/race customization for a reason.
Certain combinations will give you completely different results as far as HOW you should play a type. If a type has a good balance of stats, and you pick something like a human for this job (like the Acrofighter), you make the class have fairly high stats in each stat category... allowing you to use ALL of the aspects of Acrofighter to a good extent. Where as something like a Cast Acrofighter takes the class and doesn't get as much of a balance out of it but gives a boost to certain stats that were only decent at first and makes them even better.

But most people do simple comparisons... Like Human AF vs. Cast AF.
Cast:
I have more HP
I have more ATP
I have more ATA (ATA makes a small difference, especially on AF seeing this type has the most accuracy for a fighting class)
I have more DFP

Human:
I have more TP
I have more EVP
I have more MST

Here's the thing though... The stats that CAST has over Human are BARELY higher and the stats Humans have over CAST are QUITE higher.
Allow me to show you what a lvl.150 Cast/Human Acrofighter lvl.20's stats are in comparison:
------Human // Cast
HP: 3710 / 3864 (154 HP difference)
ATP: 1572 / 1627 (55 ATP difference)
ATA: 815 / 897 (82 ATA difference)
TP: 2121 / 1253 (868 TP difference)
DFP: 387 / 413 (26 DFP difference)
EVP: 1307 / 947 (360 EVP difference)
MST: 340 / 205 (135 MST difference)
So you have to ask yourself... is having SUV more important/suitable to you?
Human with A-rank Shadoogs combined with claw/saber/dagger/slicer will out-damage a cast using any type of Shadoog combined with claw/saber/dagger/slicer
Because when the ATP difference is only 55 points but the TP difference is 868 points... yeah >_>

And that whole SUV > Nanoblast?... Those two things are situational to begin with. SUV is quick attack while invul, boom boom boom it's over. Heavy damage for a couple seconds. A beast does more Damage over Time vs. Any SUV but you have to risk dying (unless your invul beast, however, the time reduction can be frustrating... yet in cases like Bladed Legacy... in most parties it is a suitable choice because you'll probably do more damage over time than most beasts because others will die before yours is even done)

Again, one of those things that depends on the situation. Quick awesome damage all at once? Or great damage that does more after a longer period of time?
Which is also another preference thing.
Don't play off of "what's the best"
Play off of ... what interests you the most.
Some people play newman fortefighter just because it's fun to go against the flow. And anything as a Fortefighter does fine. In fact... the games so easy, I don't think you can find a class/race combination that just absolutely cannot suffice at all.

chaoskila
Oct 8, 2008, 05:54 AM
umm foretecher for everyone.
cast fortetecher - funny as shit.
human fortetecher - you'll just think its a newman
beast fortetecher - you will be saying "shes a beast?" when she does nano blast
newman fortetecher - blueberry.

Hrith
Oct 8, 2008, 07:01 AM
Fortegunner, until Gunmaster comes out.

blkbeast
Oct 8, 2008, 07:34 AM
soo which is better pt or af...
i cant make up my mine

DavidNel
Oct 8, 2008, 07:55 AM
Anyone who has a good mechinegun and slicer.... And strong armour.

Arika
Oct 8, 2008, 08:37 AM
Situational, Beast FM and Cast FM are equal
same to Beast GM and Cast GM too.

Cracka_J
Oct 8, 2008, 08:50 AM
The best race/type is the one you enjoy playing the most.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 8, 2008, 09:08 AM
The best race/type is the one you enjoy playing the most.
FINALLY!!! Someone answered it right :-D

Solsulis
Oct 8, 2008, 09:32 AM
Umm depend on what you want if you want power/speed or fun.

If you want power CAST/Beast FF
CAST have Paradi for speed
CAST have a extreme ATA and rarely miss
Beast have extreme ATP, but miss
Beast can nano an do some major damage over a long peroid of time(boss smasher)
Newman FT's Nuke everything good for speed/power and DO NOT MISS unless you dont cast in right direction lol...

If its just for fun lol doesnt matter bro do what you want =P

Genoa
Oct 8, 2008, 11:14 AM
Umm depend on what you want if you want power/speed or fun.

If you want power CAST/Beast FF
CAST have Paradi for speed
CAST have a extreme ATA and rarely miss
Beast have extreme ATP, but miss
Beast can nano an do some major damage over a long peroid of time(boss smasher)
Newman FT's Nuke everything good for speed/power and DO NOT MISS unless you dont cast in right direction lol...

If its just for fun lol doesnt matter bro do what you want =P

I'm really not trying to be rude here, but seriously... Do something like Fortefighter on both races at the same level/class lvl. and use your axe.
You'll notice your miss ratio is BARELY noticeable. Yes, axes miss at a pretty decent rate... but it misses around the same for ALL races. CASTS do not rarely miss. In fact a CAST FG still misses which many would think is ridiculous seeing currently the highest base ATA someone can have is a male Cast lvl.140/FG20, putting you at 1331 ATA vs. a female Beast lvl.140/FG20 at 903 ATA. You'll notice a beast FG and a CAST FG miss around the same amount.
I really wish someone who had that miss ratio % would intervene here D:

stukasa
Oct 8, 2008, 11:17 AM
I need some opinions on what you think is the best class, and race and possibly (male and female differences?):sleepy:
Im all for newmans, i love TECHs and sometiems we can do the most damage
but someone explain to me whats so great about beasts, casts, and (the worst) humans?:(
I have a lot of friends with beasts, and i cant stand that they have such horrible MST, casts are cool looking but is there really any other purpose for them other than SUV's and accuracy? (lack in power?) Are humans really worthless? i have one btw...fighgunner, i liked it but wow they lack in ANY special abilities.

So what's the best? yes, there is one, so post some of your opinions and help (no censor lol) me out.:-?
There's already a topic about humans (click here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152035)) so if you want to know the good and bad points about humans, read that thread.

CASTs have good accuracy and pretty good power and HP. Beasts have good power and HP but bad accuracy. Humans are average all around, which means they're never the best but never the worst for any class or any situation. Humans are good at hybrid jobs, especially the Acro classes. They are not worthless! Besides, it's all about what you enjoy playing, right? ^^

If you like techs, you made a good choice picking Newman. Newmans are the best at tech damage and take the least damage from enemy techs.

Male vs. female: Pick male if you want a little more HP and ATP, pick female if you want more defense and stamina. But really, pick the one you want to play because the differences aren't that great.

P.S. - The "best" is the one you enjoy the most. :D

P.P.S. - In my opinion, go for female Newman Masterforce (when Master classes are released). You like Nemans and you like teching, what's not to love? And if you haven't already, try Acrofighter for your Human, you might like it!

TecherRamen
Oct 8, 2008, 11:19 AM
CAST SUPREMACY !

Kylie
Oct 8, 2008, 12:22 PM
Out of what we have now, male CAST fG and male beast fF are tied in my book.

Genoa
Oct 8, 2008, 01:03 PM
What determines best? How fast you can kill enemies?
This isn't fair for someone such as Acrotecher who's main role is to support the party but also has a decent mix of ranged, melee, and attack techs at hand.
Versatility isn't only applied for attack purposes.

So if we're determining "best" off of strictly offense... then I'm going to say a Beast Fortefighter.
But who cares? There's plenty of reasons a Gunner is nice to have as support/offense, and plenty of reasons Techers are nice to as support/offense as well.
Fortefighters are a tank. They're nice for taking the hits (while being supported, it creates a symbiotic relationship. The Tank stays alive and receives increased statistics as the supporter is more safe from danger due to it being more fragile.)
The only other thing I would give FF's for support would be knockdown PA's when the time is called for.

Gunners have their Rifles for knockdown, Grenades for knockback, Incredible Status Effects, still are very tank-worthy in comparison to techers, and do good DPS as well.

This whole "who's the best" nonsense isn't really a good topic to debate under the circumstances.

R2D6battlebot
Oct 8, 2008, 01:32 PM
Its already a proven fact that the R2D6Battlebot class is the best in the game; it can use every weapon at S rank, it gets level 60 Photon arts and unlimited PA spaces, so it can use more than just 36, and all of its stats are over 9000 (including STA). Also, it can utilize unarmed combat much like in PSO, except in PSU it also has Force powers to knock enemies around and/or make them fight each other.

/end discussion

Genoa
Oct 8, 2008, 02:19 PM
Its already a proven fact that the R2D6Battlebot class is the best in the game; it can use every weapon at S rank, it gets level 60 Photon arts and unlimited PA spaces, so it can use more than just 36, and all of its stats are over 9000 (including STA). Also, it can utilize unarmed combat much like in PSO, except in PSU it also has Force powers to knock enemies around and/or make them fight each other.

/end discussion

In PSO termes... a haxed J-sword user
:O

Chuck_Norris
Oct 8, 2008, 02:44 PM
My Batman class is obviously best. :wacko:

Batman Class: It has level 60 melee Photon Arts, and it's PP cost is lowered to 0 in all PA's. It's attack speed is also boosted to 1,000,000% that of normal.

AweOfShe
Oct 8, 2008, 03:31 PM
All the classes are shit.

[spoiler-box]
Fortefighters run into mobs spamming Majarra, and then die in two hits because they don't realize Mates heal HP, and because the Acrotecher, Wartecher, and Fortetecher are in the back having an orgy, getting off the attention in public. Then the Fighgunner gets blamed for being the only class that can use the DoubleSaber.

Fortegunners are either in the back knocking shit down with Rifles not dodging Megid, and dying left and right while blaming STA for being a useless stat. Or are in the frontlines using shotguns and doing a good chunk of damage on a Carriguine Rucar..... And yeah, the Rucar killed him in two hits. For whatever reason, the Fighgunner gets blamed for being able to use Tornado Dance.

Fortetechers are too busy being in denial, posting on forums for three hours, about how much they hate being nerfed, to even care what's happening in the Mission. They blame the Fighgunner when they run out of scapes.

Wartechers are either pretending they are ForteFighters, then complain that they aren't doing enough damage. Or pretending they are Fortetechers, also complaining about how little damage they are doing. They blame their misfortune on Fighgunners, for being able to use everything else.

Protransers is a similar case. Yet, they don't realize they have Traps and Trap Bonuses. They'll be too busy trying to get a high number out of Redda, and Shotguns, and blame the Fighgunner for everytime they die, for not using their traps.

Guntechers think they are ForteGunners and Acrotechers. In their world, Crossbows are the only thing that exists, and think that their buffs are better than the AT's, even though the AT capped his. The Fighgunner is constantly told to go to hell, while the AT has to keep rebuffing the party.

Acrofighters are too busy writing on the walls in red crayon, while listening to Linkin Park, because their Chikki got nerfed (acting as if it's the only PA that they are available to). As they are singing along, deep down, they are blaming the nerf on Fighgunner's ATP.

Acrotechers, along with Fortetechers, are too busy posting on forums for three hours, but on the opposite side of the spectrum, gloating about how much better they are. Smug assholes. That smugness doesn't last long however, as they go back to the PSU window and see that they died on a group of buffed Go-Vahras that charged their asses, like a hung Rhino finding a mate. As you can guess, the Fighgunner just got blamed for his mere existence in the world of Gurhal.
[/spoiler-box]

Zantra
Oct 8, 2008, 03:41 PM
I say, play what you like, because there is no "best class/race combo". If there was, that is all anyone would ever play. The game is reasonably balanced, so that you can enjoy playing the game how you want to play it, with whatever character you want to play it with.

Shadwitz
Oct 8, 2008, 03:44 PM

[spoiler-box]
Fortefighters run into mobs spamming Majarra, and then die in two hits because they don't realize Mates heal HP, and because the Acrotecher, Wartecher, and Fortetecher are in the back having an orgy, getting off the attention in public. Then the Fighgunner gets blamed for being the only class that can use the DoubleSaber.

Fortegunners are either in the back knocking shit down with Rifles not dodging Megid, and dying left and right while blaming STA for being a useless stat. Or are in the frontlines using shotguns and doing a good chunk of damage on a Carriguine Rucar..... And yeah, the Rucar killed him in two hits. For whatever reason, the Fighgunner gets blamed for being able to use Tornado Dance.

Fortetechers are too busy being in denial, posting on forums for three hours, about how much they hate being nerfed, to even care what's happening in the Mission. They blame the Fighgunner when they run out of scapes.

Wartechers are either pretending they are ForteFighters, then complain that they aren't doing enough damage. Or pretending they are Fortetechers, also complaining about how little damage they are doing. They blame their misfortune on Fighgunners, for being able to use everything else.

Protransers is a similar case. Yet, they don't realize they have Traps and Trap Bonuses. They'll be too busy trying to get a high number out of Redda, and Shotguns, and blame the Fighgunner for everytime they die, for not using their traps.

Guntechers think they are ForteGunners and Acrotechers. In their world, Crossbows are the only thing that exists, and think that their buffs are better than the AT's, even though the AT capped his. The Fighgunner is constantly told to go to hell, while the AT has to keep rebuffing the party.

Acrofighters are too busy writing on the walls in red crayon, while listening to Linkin Park, because their Chikki got nerfed (acting as if it's the only PA that they are available to). As they are singing along, deep down, they are blaming the nerf on Fighgunner's ATP.

Acrotechers, along with Fortetechers, are too busy posting on forums for three hours, but on the opposite side of the spectrum, gloating about how much better they are. Smug assholes. That smugness doesn't last long however, as they go back to the PSU window and see that they died on a group of buffed Go-Vahras that charged their asses, like a hung Rhino finding a mate. As you can guess, the Fighgunner just got blamed for his mere existence in the world of Gurhal.
[/spoiler-box]

This.

Finae
Oct 8, 2008, 04:20 PM
Yay, I am a smug asshole! I feel honored!

Oh and cast supremacy. Best class and race in the game, kthxbai, muchluv.

Tetsaru
Oct 8, 2008, 09:29 PM

[spoiler-box]

[/spoiler-box]

LOL! XD

You, my friend, win the Internet. >:3

But personally, I've always liked my Cast Fortegunner best. Newman Acrotecher is a close second.

GaNksTa
Oct 8, 2008, 10:03 PM
I'd have to say it varies by different stages; level, PAs, equipment, etc.

I find the system to be similar to that of PSO's, (and most other MMORPGs) meaning it's the easiest to start out as a Hunter, moderate starting out as a Ranger and difficult starting out as a Force. Though as they progress you will notice that the Ranger surpasses the Hunter and the Force surpasses the Ranger.

Example: "Hell yeah! I just did a total of 10,056 damage (last hit) on a Golmoro by using Anga Redda!

then...

The FT comes up on a group of 4 Golmoros and spams his/her's Megiverse which hits 2,500 on each Golmoro which totals up to 10,000k each Megiverse.

By the time the FF is finished with his Anga Redda combo, the FT has already shot out 8 Megiverses which puts out around 80,000.

That's how most MMO's go... in the end, the casters will always own.

----

My main is FF and my fourth and lowest level character is a FT with not a single tech above 20.

AlliThePally
Oct 8, 2008, 10:18 PM
I still havent really tried out gunner however. Ive been both a fighter and techer for a while and I like techer so much more than fighter x) P=

Genoa
Oct 8, 2008, 10:28 PM
I still havent really tried out gunner however. Ive been both a fighter and techer for a while and I like techer so much more than fighter x) P=

If you played PSO before PSU, don't expect Ranger to be anything like PSU Gunners (other than the fact they shoot guns).
Rangers are very good as a support role and have the ability to do great damage as well.
Most status effects are inflicted by Gunners and Techers, but many times greater by Gunners.

The only part that's not very fun is leveling bullets. They're much faster at leveling than they were before, and some level incredibly faster than others....
However, it's wise to level all the elemental bullets as well as a few UPA bullets. (most UPA bullets are crap, but some like Killer Shot or Boma Duranga are worth investing in)

In my opinion, leveling bullets is fair in comparison to Fighters. Fighters have multiple photon arts for their weapons for various situations... however, the hard part is obtaining/synthing weapons AND getting good elemental %'s out of them.
Obtaining/synthing Guns is a lot less stressful as long as it succeeds. You just have to have high lvl. bullets, where Fighters have to have high lvl. Skills and a good weapon AND the weapon can't interchange elements like a gun can, so THAT specific elemental weapon is only good for the situation it's called for (unless you have multiples, but again, with gun types... you only really need one, or maybe two if you prefer, of the same type.)

And trust me, jumping into the Gunner class with low level bullets won't be fun at first. Low damage, low SE levels, and for certain weapons, limited bullets that discharge per shot.
But highly leveled bullets makes all the difference... where as Fighters... it's more about your equipment rather than your Skill PA levels.

Zarode
Oct 8, 2008, 10:39 PM
I think I've proven that Zarode is the best class. :wacko:

GreenArcher
Oct 8, 2008, 10:48 PM
The best class is V1 Guntecher. It sucked back then, but god damn I had so much fun with it

Hrith
Oct 9, 2008, 10:41 AM
CASTS do not rarely miss. In fact a CAST FG still misses which many would think is ridiculous seeing currently the highest base ATA someone can have is a male Cast lvl.140/FG20, putting you at 1331 ATA vs. a female Beast lvl.140/FG20 at 903 ATA. You'll notice a beast FG and a CAST FG miss around the same amount.Oh my God, I laughed so much.

I play all races and all jobs, you are gravely mistaken if you think 400+ ATA won't make a "noticable" difference. Or you're fighting Lv80 mobs with a Lv140/20 character, rofl.

Beasts miss significantly more than humans, let alone casts.

The difference in hit rate between the two races/jobs combinations you mentioned above is seven times higher than the difference in damage output. Thanks for the lulz.

The only way to lower the gap in hit rate between beasts and other classes is to use weapons with high ATA (knuckles, spears, single daggers), PAs with a high ATA modifier, or PAs which cannot miss, heh.
Since most beasts are spear/axe-using Fortefighters, they don't suffer from their abysmal ATA much, but that's it.

DEM_CIG
Oct 9, 2008, 04:17 PM
Cast Fighgunner FTW!!!! I've been every class I got 8 out of the 9 advanced classes capped out.( I almost got WT maxed...) I was a fighgunner when I started, and I havent found a class that I enjoy beating the crap out of creatures with, more than Fighgunner. =)

Dana
Oct 9, 2008, 04:25 PM
^^;

I enjoy playing AT and FT.

FT have the prettiest Techs, AT is a very versatile class, reminds me of a RAml. I can't say I know who the 'best' class is. Fortefighters are pretty scarey when mixed with a FT ^^;

Gen2000
Oct 10, 2008, 01:04 AM
Cast Forte/Master-gunner, Fortefighter/Fighmaster.

Redda vs. Megiverse example

That's a bad example, Redda is not that great. The FF/FM will most likely Jarborga the golmoro, one-shotting them (if not, quickly clean up with Majarra) and move on to the next mob, making the FT/MF look stupid.

sephiroth115
Oct 10, 2008, 08:44 AM
Neuman FT. hands down. Dam- spells like Dambarta make a PT freeze traps not neccesary. Nosdiga can stun and has the highest damage potential on a single enemy (that isn't flying) and can stun