PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the male/female classes will have the same/similar stats?

furrypaws
Oct 9, 2008, 10:02 AM
Looking over the classes, something occured to me. Aside from Newmans for Rangers and (obviously) CASTs for Forces, it seems we've got a gender pair for each class and each race. What I mean is, there's a male and female Human Hunter, a male and female Newman Hunter, a male and female CAST Hunter, a male and female Human Ranger, a male and female CAST Ranger, a male and female Human Force, and a male and female Newman Force. Do you think you'll no longer be bound to a gender for certain stats? I'd imagine that even if the stats are different, they'll be pretty small, like the difference between FOmar/l in PSO. I both hope so and don't hope so, as while it would finally allow for me to have a male hunter with semidecent tech support, it would just slightly cut back on the diversity of classes a bit. Discuss?

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 9, 2008, 10:27 AM
I bet they are going to have similar stats, if not Male has more power less evade Female less power but more evade ect...

Saphion
Oct 9, 2008, 10:27 AM
Probably slight changes (if any at all), but nothing that would drastically affect one gender over the other.

I suspect the difference will be so slight, it doesn't matter which sex you decide to go with.

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 9, 2008, 10:32 AM
Yeah, Just choose your fav character and play, In my case I dont worry about stats just the look.

Same with weps.

Akaimizu
Oct 9, 2008, 02:44 PM
In the original PSO, the stats hinted mainly as Males having a little more attack power while females had a little more tech power. However, at least for the same race, it really didn't seem like any truly significant difference was made. However, often people picked the gender based on whether they were going for higher Tech or melee/bullet damage. Nothing very significant, but for some, it kind of aids their mental choices for what preferences of skills to use in battle.

Adriano
Oct 9, 2008, 03:19 PM
I can't wait until there are enough videos and such to determine if girls and guys have different attack animations. :wacko:
Hunewmn and newearl in particular, and hucast/caseal to see if theyre all hyped up on hydraulics or something. aha

SubstanceD
Oct 10, 2008, 05:20 AM
Good question. I supose males will have more attack power while females will either have more Accuracy, Evasion or Tech.

To be honest, I am more concerned with Attack animation. In PSO, I always eneded up using a female character ( mainly HUcaseals ) because I prefered the way they used melee attacks. I never liked the way HUmar's, and HUcast's left themsleves open on the third sword attack. Same can be said for attacking with a sabre.

furrypaws
Oct 10, 2008, 08:17 AM
I always liked FOmarl's animations, even though most of 'em were awful. She was pretty fun to use. ^_^

I guess I can see the good points and bad points of this. What I'm wondering though, is what about the RAmar/l? We still need a RAnger who has potent casting. Maybe the gap between those two will be larger than the gap between the HUmar/l or the FOmar/l. Seems a little weird to me they wouldn't add RAnewms, but eh.

Kent
Oct 11, 2008, 12:18 AM
I'm guessing they will, to sort of make "sub-classes" for the Hunter, Ranger, and Force.

Most of the people who played FOmars (correctly) in PSO would balance out their melee and technique usage to the point where they were always capable of dealing with a situation, and were very offensively and support oriented... Whereas FOmarls were more along the defensive side of things. FOnewearls and FOnewms would blast the hell out of things in single- and multi-target fashions.

I'm guessing they'll do something similar to that, or perhaps, since there are new classes, differentiate between them even more. For example, as far as Hunters go, certain ones could have superior animations with certain types of weapons... Like how HUcaseals used Slicers and Daggers a little better than everyone else (Slicers, for how awesome they were, had horrible animations, for the most part). Emphasis on weapon types between sub-types of Hunters can be a good thing to bring diversity to the game, as long as the differences aren't incredibly drastic... Such as how in PSO, for melee, Partisans > Everything, due to nigh-infinite survivability as long as you can hit things (before Ultimate Caves or so).

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 11, 2008, 01:05 AM
HUcaseals were also masters at Mechguns.

Kent
Oct 11, 2008, 01:23 AM
HUcaseals were also masters at Mechguns.
I was talking animation-wise, not stat-wise or anything like that. Aside from casting, everyone used the same mechgun animations.