PDA

View Full Version : Hate to those who can't type...

Klila
Feb 2, 2003, 12:51 PM
OYE!! And my ranting today isn't just about one's lack of typing skills. I'm so sick and tired of opening up a post that I thought would be nice to read only to find it's unreadable. You know, those posts where people will type F*CK*D up 'cause they think it's cool. Then there are those who have no since of grammar. . ' : " ; ( )! ? , All those preceeding symbols and more were made for a reason... Not to make smiley faces and I wish people would at least learn to use a period the way it was ment to.

OH! Then there's those who's common sense left them and they forgot the diffrence between such things like there and their ... or pitcher and picture. I mean come on. Didn't everyone here go to school before they were released to supposedly become a functional part of our society? Excusing those who are still in school. BUT PAY ATTENTION PLEASE! For the better of this world when you become part of it!

OH ya. And to those who can find my own grammar and spelling mistakes. More power to you 'cause I tried to make this rant the best of my English capabilities.

*sigh* now that that's all finished and out of my system. I'm going to revert back to my online chatter which mind you ... *sticks tongue out at people* isn't bad. I just change the uses of the symbols in front of me. *Throws rotten food at people who now hate her, then runs away screaming "LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LA LA LA, ..." before they can retaliate and throw back*

Ness
Feb 2, 2003, 12:59 PM
STFU p}{04r!!!!1111 1// 1337 4//I] th3r3z
//07h1//1//g j00 {4// d0 4b0u7 17!!!!!!!!!111111

Not everyone here types bad. So of us just have alot of typos.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2003-02-02 10:00 ]</font>

angelzeero
Feb 3, 2003, 04:19 AM
So do you love me now??? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

SorceressofTime
Feb 3, 2003, 05:30 AM
On 2003-02-02 09:59, Ness wrote:
STFU p}{04r!!!!1111 1// 1337 4//I] th3r3z
//07h1//1//g j00 {4// d0 4b0u7 17!!!!!!!!!111111

Not everyone here types bad. So of us just have alot of typos.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2003-02-02 10:00 ]</font>

hahahahaha... XD
that's actually easy to read if you blur your eyes out. - or if you know how to decode it. keke.

nah, what's annoying is wHeN pEoPlE TyPe LiKe ThIs. grrr ><

Nawms
Feb 3, 2003, 05:34 PM
On 2003-02-02 09:51, Klila wrote:
no since of grammar.

I guess Im not the only one who makes typos.

seishinbyo
Feb 4, 2003, 01:37 PM
On 2003-02-02 09:51, Klila wrote:
Then there are those who have no since of grammar.

At least you're not complaining about spelling. You made several errors in that department, and I don't care to point them all out.

. ' : " ; ( )! ? , All those preceeding symbols and more were made for a reason...
[...]
Then there's those who's common sense left them and they forgot the diffrence between such things like there and their ... or pitcher and picture.

You just swapped who's (contraction for who is) with whose (possessive,) so you lose your right to complain about the above. Also, "there's" and "there are" are not interchangable. If anything, use "there're" if you insist on contracting. There're might never be a recognized word, as too many people will keep using "there's" where it's inappropriate. I HAETS YUO, AMERICA@#$!@#$!!11

OH ya. And to those who can find my own grammar and spelling mistakes. More power to you 'cause I tried to make this rant the best of my English capabilities.

I'm all for what you're complaining about, but it's going to come across as hypocrisy. Try running your post through MS Word's spell check or something next time you decide to go off on something like this. Better yet, try to reach the point where you don't have to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seishinbyo on 2003-02-04 10:58 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Feb 4, 2003, 03:19 PM
I agree, internet typos can be a bitch...

But have you guys ever seen typos in real life? True airline advertisement: Nonstop champage fights on the best airline of the Caribbean.

Klila
Feb 6, 2003, 01:26 AM
*sigh* Do you all know how long I reread that post before I put it up. I tried to refrain from being a butt head to those in other forum sections and came here to b*tch, instead of pointing out to everyone that they were annoying. I was venting and like I said at the bottom of my first post... for those of you who could catch my errors, more power to you.

But you lost that power when you had to point out my mistakes. The man who can be proud of his accomplishments and not strive to be reconnized will be the man everyone remembers a hundred years after his death. Where as the man who seeks praise from others and has to prove he's better is only remember by his children till their passing. I didn't ask for MS Word to help me. I didn't ask to be put down for writing my vocal speech. I just wanted to SCREAM about not being able to understand a thread that should've by all rights been interesting! You all could understand me perfectly so my point was made!

Klila
Feb 6, 2003, 01:32 AM
"LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LA LA LA, ..." before they can retaliate and throw back*

LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!

*quickly ducks behind a wall of military men armed with M-16's*

"Okay boys, now remember. I was put in charge and as your commanding officer, I expect to hear gun fire if ANYONE out there moves ... "
*Shutters at the thought of the carnage that will be left*

Guile
Feb 8, 2003, 12:41 AM
On 2003-02-05 22:26, Klila wrote:
But you lost that power when you had to point out my mistakes.

You all could understand me perfectly so my point was made!

Fo real, thing is your complaining about when people make mistakes and you make them also.
as long as the point is made...

seishinbyo
Feb 10, 2003, 03:32 AM
On 2003-02-05 22:26, Klila wrote:
But you lost that power when you had to point out my mistakes. The man who can be proud of his accomplishments and not strive to be reconnized will be the man everyone remembers a hundred years after his death. Where as the man who seeks praise from others and has to prove he's better is only remember by his children till their passing. I didn't ask for MS Word to help me. I didn't ask to be put down for writing my vocal speech. I just wanted to SCREAM about not being able to understand a thread that should've by all rights been interesting! You all could understand me perfectly so my point was made!

You missed the point of my post entirely. When I correct someone, it's in hope that they will learn from and not repeat the mistake being brought to attention. I recommended screening via MS Word with the expectation that you'd catch errors that you make on a regular basis.
If I was trying to antagonize you, I would have done it in a more comical (read: patronizing) fashion, such as: "ahaha u fagit u used who's insted of whose OMGWTF u sux!!!!!11" (It might be something of a minority that appreciates the tasteless irony of being corrected by someone who can't type the word "you" out, though. So it goes.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seishinbyo on 2003-02-10 00:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seishinbyo on 2003-02-10 10:01 ]</font>

Klila
Feb 10, 2003, 12:01 PM
You missed the point of my post entirely. When I correct someone, it's in hope that they will learn from and not repeat the mistake being brought to attention. I reccomended screening via MS Word with the expectation that you'd catch errors that you make on a regular basis.
If I was trying to antagonize you, I would have done it in a more comical (read: patronizing) fashion, such as: "ahaha u fagit u used who's insted of whose OMGWTF u sux!!!!!11" (It might be something of a minority that appreciates the tasteless irony of being corrected by someone who can't type the word "you" out, though. So it goes.)

Okay ... so we established that my grammar isn't perfect. LETS GET PASSED THAT. I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO READ AND UNDERSTAND POSTS THAT HAVE INTERESTING TITLES!!

You were missing my point. I don't want, nor does anyone else want thier grammar or spelling corrected apon. That's not why they write in the forums. It's to be heard. AND I'M SICK OF NOT HEARING RIGHT, 'cause they can't type in a readable fashion. I never asked for perfect grammar from everyone, just that some people learn to use some. I just want to read and understand. That was my whole point for coming to the 'Rant' section of these forums. To rant and scream out my frustration ... Not to irritate people by correcting them in hopes they'd change over night what probally is well ingraved into thier brains by now ... AND not get irritated 'cause people like you think even a venting on correct typing needs to be perfect for it to be a legit rant. *sigh* Which is the impression I keep getting from you. That I have no right to rant on the lack of grammar and typing skill I've read recently just because my own grammar isn't perfect. At least you can understand me ... How many times will I have to say that. I couldn't understand, so I rant. You understand, yet you still have to try and fix me? That I don't understand ...

AND FYI ... I don't have MS Word on my computer and if you trust it to check your grammer and spelling like you apparently did not ... I won't go there. There's no need for that. But lets just say this, "A computer can only be as smart as it's programmer. And since humans are prone to error, one can assume a computer is to." I just don't like trying to read something this is nothing but a big error ... And if you understand that ... then leave me alone!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Klila on 2003-02-10 09:08 ]</font>

seishinbyo
Feb 10, 2003, 12:58 PM
Hypocrite~

BlackRose
Feb 10, 2003, 01:12 PM
You know, we're only human... we make mistakes, so do you, so does everyone else. The internet is a free place, typing courses are not prerequisite. That means we have to put up with everybody, and their typing/spelling/grammar skills.

I think, though, you were referring to those who spell things differently on purpose... and yeah, it gets to be annoying sometimes.

What's really funny is when they misspell their leet-talk and accidentally get it right. XD

Blenjar
Feb 10, 2003, 04:22 PM
I don't type, no keyboard....I'll talk trash to you on verion x.

Marwin
Feb 19, 2003, 09:11 PM
Um... you spelled ment wrong it is meant.

HURRAY! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'm actually smarter than someone for once!

Oh! um... I don't hate people that cant not tipe veri goode or hav goode grammer>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marwin on 2003-02-19 18:17 ]</font>

AidaKensuke
Feb 19, 2003, 09:58 PM
Bad grammer and typos I can handle, most everyone should. Try saying 'they're' and 'their' using the supposedly functional human appendage called a "mouth". Yes folks, it also has a separate purpose besides stuffing marshmallows (Which I'm very guilty of doing). But what pisses me and all my whining little CheetaChat (Try it and watch how amzingly stressed you become over a good program) friends off are the people who speak:

"y dont u ppl git lifes an not wtch gay amine pron?/"

And of course the dubious "l67t"er (l33t or leet). Can't stand the bloody people.

Don't get me wrong though, people have complained over other typing styles. Know of people who write:

"Haff yew realleh? Thas so fuggin cool!"

Man, have I been yelled about that so many a time. Anyway, just throwing in my relentless yammering.
Ever notice how many people mispell 'grammar'?

..Speaking of typos, grammar errors, and politically incorrect nonsense, I found four of them. Damn little edit message...almost flawless again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AidaKensuke on 2003-02-19 19:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AidaKensuke on 2003-02-19 19:03 ]</font>

Axispoint
Feb 20, 2003, 12:25 AM
I don't complain about typo's 'cos my guy makes them constantly (not his fault...he's got big hands, so it's hard to hit those tiny little keys). It's kinda cute sometimes when he does that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

On the other hand, people that TyPe LiKe ThIs really annoy me (I actually know someone that does that and he really deserves to get socked in the face for being so annoying). Otherwise, I don't care if people do leet speak or whatever. I just ignore it since most of the time I can't read it (I can sometimes, but not very often anymore).

CGoodness
Feb 20, 2003, 11:38 PM
'mI fAle Ignlsh) Dat Umposibel?