PDA

View Full Version : Pay to Play?

sum182
Oct 9, 2008, 04:09 PM
You think this is gonna be the usual $8-$10 a month for online/Wifi play just like every other Phantasy Star Game?

Risingsun
Oct 9, 2008, 04:14 PM
You think this is gonna be the usual $8-$10 a month for online/Wifi play just like every other Phantasy Star Game?

No way. It has already been confirmed.

sum182
Oct 9, 2008, 04:18 PM
i was lookin for it and couldnt find much, must have just been looking in the wrong place. Thanks!

Niered
Oct 9, 2008, 06:09 PM
When in the history of gaming has a handheld game had P2P?

P.S. cell phones dont count.

Kesubei
Oct 9, 2008, 06:24 PM
When in the history of gaming has a handheld game had P2P?

P.S. cell phones dont count.

Never, but times are changing. If companies can charge consumers to download a game on a portable, Pay to Play can't be too far away.

SEGA has announced no monthly fee for PS0. I don't even think PS0 uses any persistent servers.

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 9, 2008, 09:34 PM
Right, like Mario Kart.

Vanzazikon
Oct 9, 2008, 11:13 PM
Ah, geez, that would really suck! I hate to have to pay just to play a game. Purchasing the game is spending already...

Kent
Oct 10, 2008, 01:26 AM
Ah, geez, that would really suck! I hate to have to pay just to play a game. Purchasing the game is spending already...
Well, it's not like they're charging a monthly fee just for raw profit - they mostly pay for server maintenance and things like that, and then fund new content development, with a bit of profit on the side. Phantasy Star Universe is an obvious exception, because that's almost pure profit, but let's not get into that rant.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 10, 2008, 03:53 AM
Interesting PSo was the one that was one of if not the first to have Pay to Play on Dreamcast.

Then it was the only game in town on Gamecube, with pay to play being a must.

Nintendo hasn't put any Pay 2 Play in place for anything online and is firmly against that as of now, despite the GC online PSo anomaly which they allowed.

Epically Leet
Oct 10, 2008, 06:41 AM
Not sure how you even would be ABLE to use a payment method in a DS game. For that, it would have to be account based, and something tells me the DS can't even handle accounts.