PDA

View Full Version : PSU clothing options too shallow?

draketiplett101
Oct 10, 2008, 04:59 PM
its in the title dicuss to hearts content.

hope im not the only one...
^^;

Dana
Oct 10, 2008, 05:02 PM
I think we need more hairstyles. Gib RAml hat on long hair. Also, more long hair options. And more options for colours and styles of already existing clothes.

Kylie
Oct 10, 2008, 05:03 PM
Elaborate? I think the clothing options suit the market ST was trying to appeal to (Japanese).

Gen2000
Oct 10, 2008, 05:07 PM
The limited ability to mix-match certain clothes is annoying when using fleshy characters for me. Some clothes seems obvious why they do that because of overlap problem but others have no overlap problem but still can't be mix-matched with hardly any other clothing.

Dragwind
Oct 10, 2008, 05:18 PM
The limited ability to mix-match certain clothes is annoying when using fleshy characters for me. Some clothes seems obvious why they do that because of overlap problem but others have no overlap problem but still can't be mix-matched with hardly any other clothing.

I agree with this. Sometimes not being able to pair certain clothes together is annoying, but in my opinion the overall character customization in this game is better than most I've played.

engelsein
Oct 10, 2008, 05:18 PM

i'm Engel Sein and i approve this message lol

Noblewine
Oct 10, 2008, 06:07 PM
Yes, I think their needs to be less combination restrictions. The clothes aren't bad but finding a theme for your characters is kinda hard to do with the styles available at the moment. I would like to see better color combinations as well.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 10, 2008, 06:28 PM
Um... Yes.

Well to elaborate, some brands of clothing to get too similar. Particularly in the Tenora Works clothing. A little bit more variation would be nice. Maybe a different way to adjust color rather than it being fixed to the clothing.

A bit more hair style variety would be nice. It was nice that they were going on different bangs vs the rest of your hair but maybe something a bit more elaborate and in depth. Particularly, for the hats and accessories I think those selections should be independent of hairstyle.

AweOfShe
Oct 10, 2008, 06:34 PM
I'd prefer color sliders more than preset colors, but when you think about it, this game's is still better off than a lot of online games anyway. :P

Aisha379
Oct 10, 2008, 07:09 PM
Two big things I hate about clothes:

1. I want to be able to set the colors to whatever I want. Theres no logical reason for everything being preset, I mean you can still release the presets for people who prefer them (whoever would...) but with the ability to change the color comes the ability to GREATLY multiply a unique style and larger amount of options.

2. My main character is a female beast FF, and no offense to people who like it, but I cannot freaking STAND having that type of character run around in little frilly dresses and robes and that stuff. I'm a front line melee fighter, I feel like my clothes should be awesome looking armor or something a little more....sturdy looking. But 95% of the female clothes are just horrible for that.

I feel like the AMF suit was certainly a step in the right direction (whore-looking fishnet armor does not count. On the account of being too much whore not enough ass kicking), and I wish females got their own variant of the SPF clothes, but eh...

Gen2000
Oct 12, 2008, 04:43 PM
Two big things I hate about clothes:
2. My main character is a female beast FF, and no offense to people who like it, but I cannot freaking STAND having that type of character run around in little frilly dresses and robes and that stuff. I'm a front line melee fighter, I feel like my clothes should be awesome looking armor or something a little more....sturdy looking. But 95% of the female clothes are just horrible for that.

Yeah, there's not much options for fleshy female clothing in terms of "badass". Most of it just whore-ish/frilly/loli/preggo stuff.

Heh thought I was the only one wouldn't mind a female version of the SPF outfit, that would be sick. This is probably why I prefer Caseals to Fembeasts...they can look badass but still retain their feminine quality. Phansis Vest is a good top for that for example imo but it doesn't combine with a lot of bottoms for whatever reason. More clothes like that or Laia's vest-jacket thing would be welcomed by me.

DraginHikari
Oct 12, 2008, 06:05 PM
I can't really say too much about the clothing in this game since most online games complete revolve your appearance around whatever equipment you happen to have which is why a majority of characters is most online game look exactly the same.

flamesphere
Oct 13, 2008, 02:37 AM
Yeah, there's not much options for fleshy female clothing in terms of "badass". Most of it just whore-ish/frilly/loli/preggo stuff.

Heh thought I was the only one wouldn't mind a female version of the SPF outfit, that would be sick. This is probably why I prefer Caseals to Fembeasts...they can look badass but still retain their feminine quality. Phansis Vest is a good top for that for example imo but it doesn't combine with a lot of bottoms for whatever reason. More clothes like that or Laia's vest-jacket thing would be welcomed by me.
I happen to agree with this. The female clothing in particular is just too...demeaning. For instance, that acursed Voloyal outfit.. *shudders* All I really would like is a better selection of less revealing clothes, pants, possibly some heavier clothing for those warrior types as well. I know its based off of Japanese tastes, but everything doesn't need to be so skimpy or frilly.

Sidney
Oct 13, 2008, 02:40 AM
Heh, part of the reason I like PSU compared to other MMORPGs is because there are frilly, girly clothes. A lot of games have the heavily armored look, so I find PSU's style of light clothing a breath of fresh air.

Arika
Oct 13, 2008, 03:04 AM
The clothing and character customization in this game is already the best one that I have seen already. so I won't complain anything about it, though more option would be even better.
Nevertheless, I think they'd better improve the main game play more than this clothing part if they have time for it. For example, if they can balance all the drop from every mission like what they did in PSP. players would be more happy to run around every missions.

Lan
Oct 13, 2008, 10:36 AM
Color sliders or (like with the hair) a whole color pallet would be so much better then presets. You should be able to change the main color and accent color the same way you change your hair color at the makeover place. but it and the hair too i think should have options for more vivid colors and hues. maybe a second color for hair for highlights accents and such. also the abilkity to pick your own accessorys for hair would be cool too. Having to only get 6 to 8 preset accessorys per hair style is frustrating. I love my glasses but hate my hair style i want to be able to have both *vent pant vent ***sigh....***

Googlebonker
Oct 13, 2008, 11:08 AM
Clothing? What about Parts? ^^;

I find it limiting that there are only 8 Main color options. Pink would be nice for female CASTs, and I would like to see orange as one. Also, the Main-color shade of green isn't necessarily that great.

It would also be nice to have more variance in the Sub colors.

And what about the actual Parts themselves? It'd be nice to have some more flattering female CAST Torsos that didn't draw your eyes and/or attention to their boobs. @_@

Can anyone tell me what's up with many of the male CAST Leg Parts having butt plates? D: If you want to know what I mean, look at most male CAST Leg Parts. You turn them around and BAM! a big metal plate or ornament or something over the char's butt! It would be nice to have more male CAST Leg Parts that looked more like pants.

RedRaz0r
Oct 13, 2008, 11:10 AM
We definatley need some badass clothes.

Zorafim
Oct 13, 2008, 11:12 AM
I can get pretty much any look I want on my caseal, so I have nothing to complain about. I wish there were some parts that fit between the heavy sets and the light sets they have, though, so I can get a lightly armored knight look.

Regardless, I still can't seem to make a fleshy I enjoy, so I guess I see what you're saying. I'm fine because I enjoy casts, but because of all the stereotyping sega made for the races, it's hard to find anything that's not civilian.

I think Lumia said it well right here:
[spoiler-box]
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/PSU%20junk/psu20071201_141005_000.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 13, 2008, 11:20 AM
Clothing? What about Parts? ^^;

I find it limiting that there are only 8 Main color options. Pink would be nice for female CASTs, and I would like to see orange as one. Also, the Main-color shade of green isn't necessarily that great.

It would also be nice to have more variance in the Sub colors.

And what about the actual Parts themselves? It'd be nice to have some more flattering female CAST Torsos that didn't draw your eyes and/or attention to their boobs. @_@

Can anyone tell me what's up with many of the male CAST Leg Parts having butt plates? D: If you want to know what I mean, look at most male CAST Leg Parts. You turn them around and BAM! a big metal plate or ornament or something over the char's butt! It would be nice to have more male CAST Leg Parts that looked more like pants.
I wouldn't mind if you could "fully customize" parts. Like you have a set of arms, but you can customize them to your liking. (so in most cases, you won't see the same combination twice)

That is also why on my female cast she completely armored since the some of the flesh ones look too revealing kinda :P

Lyrix
Oct 13, 2008, 11:36 AM
I like a lot of the clothing options, with the line shields, why run around in a humongous bulky suit of armor when you can just wear what looks good or is comfortable? XD

although, i do wish the male clothes were better, 90% of the male clothes suck massive ass >.>

Anduril
Oct 13, 2008, 11:38 AM
I just really really wish the was a male version of the Smartia Shirt. I'm sure if they made slightly modified versions of each gender's clothes for the other we could have a lot more variety just there. And maybe some more color options.

Omega_Weltall
Oct 13, 2008, 11:43 AM
i've said this in every clothing thread.....

MOAR MINISKIRTS!!!!!!

HienkyakuX
Oct 13, 2008, 05:03 PM
I only wish for a cast sub color pallet like the hair pallet if possible the same for main color or at least more colors. I want black and orange for my cast :P

BahnKnakyu
Oct 13, 2008, 05:19 PM

This is the reason why I hate the female clothing. While whore/frilly/loli can be appealing to the eye in some way, if I have a female and all she's doing is handing down the beatdowns with a giant ass axe, I want her to look like she can hand down the beatdowns, and there's nothing that really looks like proper battle attire for my female character.

But do remember who this game is targeted to: the male Japanese anime fan. They eat this stuff up.

I also agree on the caseal parts - they actually made a few parts that make them look like they're combat androids. There's still the whore/loli/slut/preggo outfits for the otakus, but some of it is actually pretty sleek looking - i.e. the combat body suit (looks loosely like out of something from Bubblegum Crisis)

TecherRamen
Oct 13, 2008, 05:21 PM
I only wish for a cast sub color pallet like the hair pallet if possible the same for main color or at least more colors. I want black and orange for my cast :P
- second

and why can't I get a shirt with the burning rangers graphic on it!?

JC10001
Oct 14, 2008, 04:56 PM
My issues with respect to clothing are:

1. Not being able to buy just 1 set of clothing and using a slider for colors for every piece of clothing in the game.
2. For Casts, having limited options for skin color, main color, etc.
3. Casts don't have special versions of all the fleshy clothes.

Aisha379
Oct 14, 2008, 05:38 PM
Heh, part of the reason I like PSU compared to other MMORPGs is because there are frilly, girly clothes. A lot of games have the heavily armored look, so I find PSU's style of light clothing a breath of fresh air.

I have no idea what MMO's you've been playing then. I've played a fair number, and PSU is the only one I've personally played that is highly unbalanced towards frilly/girly on the female side of things.

Its not that I mind the girly and frilly clothes themselves, per se, its just the total lack of balance that pisses me off.

Now, I do think theres some good tops with crappy bottoms, and vice versa, but due to the lack of a color sliding pallete and the fact set A is shaded juuuuust enough to make it look like ass if combined with set B makes it impossible to mix them =|

I'm quite happy with the female cast parts really. Though I do think a hair-color-style selection for the main color would be a great addition.

Apone
Oct 14, 2008, 07:36 PM
Its been said somewhere before but it would be nice if there were somewhere else to put your clothes like some kind of closet inventory option for the wardrobe.