PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Strange room glitch?

DreXxiN
Oct 12, 2008, 05:40 AM
People are getting into my main's room and I want to know what the hell is going on. It's passworded and Zero can vouge for that, and he got in and then saw other people walk in and buy some stuff in storage for 1 meserta..what the hell anyone else got this?

Arika
Oct 12, 2008, 06:23 AM
I think you mean you storage item in your shop and put them 1 meseta, then locked room?

well in that case, I think that person guess your password until it hit, since 1 meseta result from shop search tempt him so much to buy stuff.

anyway, you have his ID in your shop right? then you should be able to find it out. from the ID. either you want to report him or anything.

ForteGunnerW
Oct 12, 2008, 06:28 AM
I think you mean you storage item in your shop and put them 1 meseta, then locked room?

well in that case, I think that person guess your password until it hit, since 1 meseta result from shop search tempt him so much to buy stuff.

anyway, you have his ID in your shop right? then you should be able to find it out. from the ID. either you want to report him or anything.

he cant report him if he only guessed the password

Arika
Oct 12, 2008, 06:30 AM
Nah, he can report, but.. SEGA will respond for anything or not is different story. (which I don't know if this is count as abusive behavior or not, but that is not really count for hacker/glitcher only. it is also count for people that treat other players bad like issuing different race or whatever too)
at least he can try.
if SEGA think this is not wrong, then that is it. nothing happen.

EurekaX
Oct 12, 2008, 06:40 AM
I thought your items don't show in the search if you have your room locked?

Arika
Oct 12, 2008, 06:43 AM
then it might either be a guy that got his card, or a guy that search on advertising word "storage" or other method instead.
anyway, the person who know this the most now should be drexxin himself, since he should get that person ID in room log.

HeY_iTz_LiNxX
Oct 12, 2008, 06:47 AM
There is a room glitch to get passed the password. It's not really a Glitch done on purpose, but more like the password doesn't exist. Almost like Lag. It's happend to me before.

Zero-Sensei
Oct 12, 2008, 06:54 AM
In any case... The user's name is Minerva. Drex had also screen shot the "unlock" room button with another person that had came into his room. Two people had gotten in, but only one had bought the items, which was Minerva. I don't know what's going on, but I do hope that it gets fixed as soon as possible! I'm so sorry, Drex. *Sigh.* ._.

Arika
Oct 12, 2008, 07:42 AM
What were bought for 1 meseta btw?

Googlebonker
Oct 12, 2008, 08:34 AM
I thought your items don't show in the search if you have your room locked?

Items in locked shops will not appear in Search by condition results but will appear in Search by item results. You cannot see the price of an item by only using Search by item unless it's posted in the user's Shop ad.

Powder Keg
Oct 12, 2008, 08:43 AM
I remember hearing something about when you lock your room, it isn't locked right away.

Eleina
Oct 12, 2008, 08:47 AM
If you don't want something to sell from your shop you put it out at max (most items won't sell for max meseta)...That way even if the lock glitchs they don't sell.
If you really need more storage space though you should just put them in an alts pm. (Somehow i find it hard to stock more than 2k items)

IrisForscythe
Oct 12, 2008, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I'd suggest putting them at max meseta also. If by some dumb luck (and logic) someone actually buys it, you probably have enough to buy another one and then some. I have a character I keep all my A+ Rank weapons on in her store so I can browse through when I switch classes.

Masterflower
Oct 12, 2008, 09:35 AM
I dont think that was his intention. Back in the early stages of AoI, Me and my Friend would lock our rooms and set items for 1 Meseta so that the other can log on and get the items. We did this cause both of us had only one terminal. Now that I have two, We just both log on and trade.

Sasamichan
Oct 12, 2008, 09:47 AM
I remember hearing something about when you lock your room, it isn't locked right away.

This.

DreXxiN
Oct 12, 2008, 12:57 PM
Wow, that's just really sad...well I took all my items down, thanks guys.

EDIT: Yes and no password guessed, the second guy that came in stated he was looking for A ranks and didn't have to enter anything.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 12, 2008, 06:45 PM
That's what ya get for using your shop as storage. :lol:

unicorn
Oct 12, 2008, 07:03 PM
I actually kind of found the story funny. I cant say I feel bad for you, but goodluck getting your stuff back.

Next time store em for Max meseta.

RyuRoots
Oct 12, 2008, 09:11 PM
That's what ya get for using your shop as storage. :lol:

Seriously. You can increase your PM's capacity for storage now, too. ;>_>

Besides which, isn't it kind of stupid to put something for 1 meseta in a shop if you don't want them to be bought, password or not?

RegulusHikari
Oct 12, 2008, 09:28 PM
isn't it kind of stupid to put something for 1 meseta in a shop if you don't want them to be bought, password or not?

This. Why didn't you cap the price, just in case?

DreXxiN
Oct 12, 2008, 09:58 PM
Are you guys fucking serious? LMFAO.

Like, I should REALLY change the price of LOCKED items? That's how fucking incompetent this games security is? You guys are SO USED to sega's bullshit that your solution is simply for me to change the price of things where no one should enter ANYWAY?

To everyone's question, The common box is small, and I use it to transfer items between characters (Which I do rather frequently).

Luckily I got the stuff back.

Found most replies funny, but since I didn't elaborate on WHY i put them up for 1 meseta, I guess I can't blame you guys. Thanks to others for trying to offer useful advice, however.

Also, me and my bud share an armor PM on his account (Like striking on Mine), and The best way to xfer him when he's not online is to put them up, and then buy them after logging on to his account.

Konata Izumi
Oct 12, 2008, 10:25 PM
Yeah it's still your fault for putting it up for 1 meseta regardless of the reason.(If someone is bored enough they can just keep trying numbers 0001,0002,etc til they get your number). You don't have to transfer EVERYTHING at one time between your character and if you're just transfering synth mats to your friends account, there are those gift boxes that costs 100 meseta.

DreXxiN
Oct 12, 2008, 11:01 PM
Yeah, it's my fault. but it doesn't justify being able to do it. PSO was smart and had passes you typed in, not four number combos. And honestly, if someone went THAT far into the thousands and guessed..with 3 DIFFERENT FUCKING PEOPLE, all 3 telling me they didn't need to enter a pass, isn't that a little fucked up?

Honestly, If it weren't for passwords, I might have well just been xfering with just a fucking OPEN ROOM. WELCOME EVERYONE.

But I didn't, I did it BECAUSE it was a secure password? HELLOOO?! Are you really going to say "You put yourself up to this lolol tough luck"? Passwords exist for a reason, and I was just stating that this happened, and that it's bullshit that others weren't even prompted for a pass.

Cracka_J
Oct 13, 2008, 07:46 AM
Yeah, the absolute safest way to take care of the issue is just keeping your common box clean (if transferring between characters). For storage, like others have said, the max meseta thing kinda kills the problem instantly.

I never knew of this issue, but I had always listed all my storage items at max just in case something stupid like this ever happened. That and I have all my character rooms unlocked, so the max thing is an easy way to still have my rooms opened and use the shops for extra storage.

Another pretty easy way for even more storage is the gatcha. Since you can store stacks of multiples in there, it's a pretty handy spot to put all your synth materials and such. You can do the same there as well, just set it to max and nobody will play it.

Powder Keg
Oct 13, 2008, 08:08 AM
No need to argue here really, the bottom line is:

The fact that passwords aren't immediate is kinda weird/dumb on Sonic Team's part.

When it comes to these games, you have to do your homework before making these kinds of decisions (given past issues with PSO and PSU)

ErtaiClou
Oct 14, 2008, 02:09 PM
Well usually the max meseta is a clear indicator of a storage room and since it's near the end it doesn't clutter the beginning of the search results. I have shops with normal stuff for sale mixed in with some stuff maxed that I use for storage. But I was under the impression that many people already stated, I thought a locked room slipped off the shop radar. I know there's the present trick where you put 99 items in a present and store multiple presents, but space is still a valuable commodity.