PDA

View Full Version : The big list of stuff thats definitely in PSZ

Niered
Oct 12, 2008, 02:21 PM
So I'm looking around the forum and I noticed theres alot of misinformation/confusion floating around about what we do and dont know about PSZ, so I figured Id compile a list that would hopefull clear all of that up. Its split up into sections, too help you find the information you need.

CHARACTERS:

-There are 14 Character classes in PSZ, they are:
HUmar
HUmarl
RAmar
RAmarl
FOmar
FOmarl
HUnewm
HUnewearl
FOnewm
FOnewearl
HUcast
HUcaseal
RAcast
RAcaseal

-You get 3 save character slots.

-The character you create is used in all three modes of gameply, Story, Wi-Fi, and Local Multiplayer.

-Their is character customization, including hair style, costume, color, and mag color.

BATTLE/WEAPONS:

-The 3 Hit Combo system is back, along with the Normal and Hard Attacks.

-Their is a newly implemented dodge system. Dodging allows the character to quickly roll in a direction to avoid attack. It can also cancel charged attacks and techs.

-Their is a newly added Chain System. If a character performs a 3 hit combo on an enemy, and then another different character does a 3 hit combo on an enemy, a chain counter will appear. This chain can be continued by having all 4 players taking turns in sequence attacking the enemy, and will give a damage boost to those attacks.

-In addition to normal and hard attacks, each weapon has a specific Photon Art that is activated by charging the weapons attack via holding down the attack button. This uses your character's PP, weapons do not have PP linked to them as in PSU.

-TECHS can also be charged the same way,they can only be cast with a casting type weapon (wand or rod) but are placed on the action pallete similar to PSO. Charging a technique will turn it into its RA-form, i.e. Foie becomes Rafoie.

-There are around 350 weapons in the game.

The list of available weapon types is:

Striking
* Swords
* Spears
* Sabers
* Double sabers
* Claws
* Daggers
* Shield

Ranged
* Handguns
* Machineguns
* Launchers
* Rifles
* Bazookas
* Gunslash

Magic
* Rods
* Wands
* Slicers

-MAGS are back, and apparently have some sort of Photon Blast. The only one we know of is a HUcast transforming into a winged creature that brings lightning down from the sky. Mags can be fed ANY item in the game this time, and photon blasts can be comboed.

-Unarmed Combat is back.

-We have 2 new weapon types to look forward to. The shield can attack and block enemy attacks. The GunSlash can be used as a melee weapon when close to the enemy, and a ranged weapon when far away.

-Strafing is brought back from PSU, holding down L both resets the camera and allows the character to strafe.

-The action pallete is back, holding down on R brings up another 3 slots like PSO.

-Ranged characters can drop on one knee and remain stationary. It can be assumed that this is similar to a heavy attack with non-ranged weapons.

MULTIPLAYER:

-Multiplayer can be played with or without friend codes. The benefits of using FC's is that you can use the new pictochat feature, otherwise you will have to use pre-made responses.

-Their are no visual lobbies, instead you choose your area before heading out.

-4 players can play at a time.

-The pictochat system allows for saving images you have created, making shortcuts to them, and capturing others' images.

ENEMIES/AREAS

-Their is reason to believe that their could be as many as 8 different areas to explore in PSZ.

-It appears there are minibosses in addition to final bosses for each area.

-Confirmed Bosses: Dragon, Octopus, Giant Mech, and a Yeti sort of creature (Although some of these could just be minbosses)

-When playing through an area, you go from room to room defeating the waves of enemies that appear. At the end of the room you exit it and go on to the next. This is unlike PSO or PSU, which had multiple rooms before going through a load screen.

STORY MODE:

-It revolves around 2 characters, Kai, and Salisa.

-Newmans are from the moon.

-It has animated cutscenes.

-It is NOT connected to the classic PS series, PSO, or PSU.

-It focuses on the "Hunters", after humanity has just found the remains of an ancient civilzation and photon based technology. Interestingly, this explains why the characters appear to be using "traditional" weapons mixed with photon tech. See: RAmar's glowing revolvers.

RANDOM FACTS:

-Although not yet out, this game would appear to have all the elements required to make it THE GREATEST HUMAN ACHIEVEMENT THIS SIDE OF CURING CANCER.

If anyone wants to help me out by giving me more/better info, that would be great. Anything new I will try to edit in if people take interest in this thread.

Saphion
Oct 12, 2008, 02:24 PM
Don't forget you can now strafe by holding down the L (camera reset) button!

Oh, and previous MAG evolutions are back. In the first half of the TGS presentation, the HUmar has a Sato MAG (the cat-looking one) equipped.

It also appears that the way item drops appear has been changed; instead of enemies dropping items, once a room is cleared, a treasure chest appears which spews items when hit.

the_importer_
Oct 12, 2008, 02:24 PM
You could put a clear description of the controls like I did in one of my previous topics.

Niered
Oct 12, 2008, 02:31 PM
@ Saphion: Forgot about strafing! Good point. The mag thing is something I'd rather not get into yet, Im more interested in wether or not they evolve still.

@ the_importer_: Good suggestion, but I dont think ill add that mainly because you already have a thread up with that information, and because Im assuming that most everyone reading this will be coming from PSO and know that for the most part the controls mirror one another. Plus I want this to be more of a FAQ than a manual.

Saphion
Oct 12, 2008, 02:31 PM
Oh, and you can copy another player's visual chat in the same way you could copy symbol chat in PSO.

Another fun fact; this game is going to be completely awesome. :D

Niered
Oct 12, 2008, 02:35 PM
Oh, and you can copy another player's visual chat in the same way you could copy symbol chat in PSO.

Already had that info under MULTIPLAYER, I said you can capture other peoples images.

I did however add my own rendition of your second point to RANDOM FACTS.

Saphion
Oct 12, 2008, 02:47 PM
Haha! I love it! :D

I think you've got everything down! Unless you want to add in about the story mode having animated cutscenes.

I think I'll be visiting the original post often, and drooling into my lap. If you wanted, you could always add some screenshots.

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 12, 2008, 03:02 PM
You can go to lobbies with friends I believe, not sure about multiplayer.

Look at pic.

Saphion
Oct 12, 2008, 03:03 PM
Isn't that just the central hub, as in the style of Pioneer 2?

Niered
Oct 12, 2008, 03:07 PM
You can go to lobbies with friends I believe, not sure about multiplayer.

Look at pic.

Hmm, I dont know what to make of that pic, Id rather wait until we have more information to put something like that up.

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 12, 2008, 03:33 PM
People are seen picto chating on that lobby on the videos.

Saphion
Oct 12, 2008, 03:57 PM
That's Dairon City. You pop up there after joining a team to tool up and buy items before moving onto whichever level, and I would imagine can return there with telepipes (which have been confirmed through a symbol in one screenshot's action palette). In practice, it's exactly the same as the Pioneer 2.

It's really only a lobby if you consider Episode I's Pioneer 2 or Episode II's lab area lobbies. It's more of a hub to me.

Segya
Oct 12, 2008, 03:58 PM
Teams are seen restocking on that lobby on the videos.

Plus having more than 4 picto chat boxes (the only way of having smalltalk) pop up would screw communication over.

You might call it a "PSU like lobby" because you could restock there too...

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 12, 2008, 03:59 PM
Exactly, Dairon City is this game's "Pioneer2"

MinscTFA
Oct 12, 2008, 04:01 PM
That's Dairon City. You pop up there after joining a team to tool up and buy items before moving onto whichever level, and I would imagine can return there with telepipes (which have been confirmed through a symbol in one screenshot's action palette). In practice, it's exactly the same as the Pioneer 2.

It's really only a lobby if you consider Episode I's Pioneer 2 or Episode II's lab area lobbies. It's more of a hub to me.

Was just going to mention that, beat me to it. :)

Great thread, this board was in a serious need of one.

jmanx
Oct 12, 2008, 05:48 PM
*needs battle mode*
that would be a great plus

Niered
Oct 12, 2008, 06:59 PM
*needs battle mode*
that would be a great plus

Oh goodness, dont even bring that up! If this was the PSU forum, you would be stoned for such things.

Even though in all reality its not that big of a deal.

Aeternus
Oct 12, 2008, 07:14 PM
Battlemode? that's ok.. Soccer anyone? ;-)

jmanx
Oct 12, 2008, 07:30 PM
And any online RPG I know people would like to see how strong they actually are. PSSH pwning monsters blah anyone can do it. I do thirst for other players blood you know

Soccer to lol, anyone ever did a full lobby of it before XD.

Saphion
Oct 12, 2008, 08:41 PM
I'd love to see Challenge Mode return. In hindsight, it reminds me a lot of Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer, a sadly overlooked title.

jmanx
Oct 12, 2008, 08:48 PM
OOOO YEA HOW CAN I FORGET!

MinscTFA
Oct 12, 2008, 08:56 PM
Lag Lag Ball! XD

In seriousness though, I'd love to see C-Mode return. That was one of the greatest additions in Ver. 2.

"What ever you do, DON'T HIT THAT BIG ASS SWITCH ON THE WALL!!!"

Drunken Dragon
Oct 13, 2008, 04:27 AM
Whoa... First post.... Anyways good to see im not the only one exited bout this... I was the only one amongst my friends who fell for PSO, and this is what I've been waiting for.....

Anyway OP, really nice post.. Been lookin for something like this....

And ye, C-mode would rock!

Saphion
Oct 13, 2008, 04:33 AM
Whoa... First post.... Anyways good to see im not the only one exited bout this... I was the only one amongst my friends who fell for PSO, and this is what I've been waiting for.....

Welcome to the forum! :D

Drunken Dragon
Oct 13, 2008, 06:14 AM
Welcome to the forum! :D

Thanks... used this site quite alot during the PSO(gamecube) days but never registered for some reason.... But if PSZ proves to be as good as it seems then I'll def be on here regularly(again:P)

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 13, 2008, 06:27 AM
Nice to see PSO fans return because of PSZ, yeah Ive had friends who liked PSO then didn't care much for PSU, hopefully this game will attract some :P I know a friend who liked PSO and loves the DS, I know he might get it fast!

ShadowInferno119
Oct 13, 2008, 12:53 PM
Nice post, even though its nothing new for my case, hopefully people could stop posting false info, and instead look to this.

Such topics like:"wireless but not wifi" .... -.-

Vanzazikon
Oct 13, 2008, 01:15 PM
Wait a minute... Is there by any chance rare weapons?

ShadowInferno119
Oct 13, 2008, 01:22 PM
Wait a minute... Is there by any chance rare weapons?
Well since there is Over 350 weapons, i'm pretty sure there is rare weapons, and items, and armor. However I don't know if there will be red box's.
I hope there will be.

Vanzazikon
Oct 13, 2008, 01:30 PM
If there is rare weapons, does that mean there's Section IDs?

Or is there another method use to determine who gets what item, armor, weapon, etc?

SubstanceD
Oct 13, 2008, 02:19 PM
It never occured to me that Section ID's could possibly return.

Niered
Oct 13, 2008, 02:26 PM
Alright, I think that we can all just assume that Rares are going to be in the game, PSO, and PSU are both built upon this concept and it is one of the things that brings players back to the series. So in some way, shape, or form they will be back.

It never occured to me that Section ID's could possibly return.

This is a question I myself would like to see answered. I think at this point its unlikely, seeing as we got a huge amount of info from TGS, and nothing was mentioned about Section ID's. It is of course always possible, and I for one wouldnt mind them being in the game, but like I said, I personally find it unlikely that SEGA wouldnt have mentioned something like that by now.

ShadowInferno119
Oct 13, 2008, 02:46 PM
If there is rare weapons, does that mean there's Section IDs?

Or is there another method use to determine who gets what item, armor, weapon, etc?
Ok, I'm guessing Section ID's are a way to determine who gets which items.
But what is it exactly, and how does it work, is it like random, most damage done or what?

Vanzazikon
Oct 13, 2008, 02:52 PM
Ok, I'm guessing Section ID's are a way to determine who gets which items.
But what is it exactly, and how does it work, is it like random, most damage done or what?Well, in PSO, Section IDs were these colored badges everyone got when they started there character. Your name was the determining factor upon which section ID you would get. The section ID determined which weapon, item, armor, etc you could get from some type of monster. A section ID was placed somewhere on the body of your character and I believe there was 10 of them. (correct me if I'm wrong)

ShadowInferno119
Oct 13, 2008, 03:09 PM
Well, in PSO, Section IDs were these colored badges everyone got when they started there character. Your name was the determining factor upon which section ID you would get. The section ID determined which weapon, item, armor, etc you could get from some type of monster. A section ID was placed somewhere on the body of your character and I believe there was 10 of them. (correct me if I'm wrong)
ok, I see, so did they change the gameplay for the worse, because some monster's didn't drop your item, with your section I.D, or did the monster drop items w/ all section I.D's just it was random.

Saphion
Oct 13, 2008, 06:02 PM
Well, each section ID determines the frequency of certain item types. For example, one Section ID would find more rifles than any other weapon, one would find swords, etc. One, Yellowboze, would find lots of Meseta (currency).

But on the higher difficulties, each enemy type would have it's own 'rare' to drop. But the rare would be different depending on your Section ID. Usually, each Section ID would get most rares but from different enemies, but some items (like Rico's Glasses) were exclusive to certain ID's.

This very site even has the complete drop charts from PSO, showing what items drop from each enemy for each ID.

ShadowInferno119
Oct 13, 2008, 08:52 PM

Welcome to the forum! I just joined like few days ago too I love it, and I'm glad to see people as pumped for it as me too.

Well, each section ID determines the frequency of certain item types. For example, one Section ID would find more rifles than any other weapon, one would find swords, etc. One, Yellowboze, would find lots of Meseta (currency).

But on the higher difficulties, each enemy type would have it's own 'rare' to drop. But the rare would be different depending on your Section ID. Usually, each Section ID would get most rares but from different enemies, but some items (like Rico's Glasses) were exclusive to certain ID's.

This very site even has the complete drop charts from PSO, showing what items drop from each enemy for each ID.

I see, that sort off cool, did a lot of people hate it or did add a fun challenge to the game? I can't really tell decide right now if i should be hoping for section ID's or not lol. But I did see a Section ID name generator thing on this site, that looks like it will be handy when making my names.

Niered
Oct 13, 2008, 11:50 PM
Welcome to the forum! I just joined like few days ago too I love it, and I'm glad to see people as pumped for it as me too.

I see, that sort off cool, did a lot of people hate it or did add a fun challenge to the game? I can't really tell decide right now if i should be hoping for section ID's or not lol. But I did see a Section ID name generator thing on this site, that looks like it will be handy when making my names.

I personally didnt mind the Sec. ID deal, and most users didnt seem to either. Realistically even if you got a Sec. ID that completely opposed your character, it usually wasnt enough of a problem to re-roll. The only time it really seemed to suck was if you got Yellowboze (because meseta became worthless end game) or if you got Pinkal and were an android (it dropped more technique disks and androids cant use those.)

I wouldnt mind seeing them come back, but I dont really care either way, it was kind of interesting, but not a requirement for a good PS game (although PSU isnt necessarily good if you ask me, it dropped Sec. ID's entirely.)

jmanx
Oct 14, 2008, 12:05 AM
Thanks... used this site quite alot during the PSO(gamecube) days but never registered for some reason.... But if PSZ proves to be as good as it seems then I'll def be on here regularly(again:P)

LAWLS im still doing that and that is also the same reason I joined XD

Saphion
Oct 14, 2008, 03:06 AM
Yellowboze had some fantastic Ultimate rares, though.

Spread Needle! :D

Drunken Dragon
Oct 14, 2008, 04:36 AM
IMO section ID's just made PSO even more addictive..... At first you didnt have a clue and would just make a char, then as you gained lvls and actually experienced how they worked, then you'd start contemplating both character class/race and section ID combos.... As some have mentioned some ID's had a drastically higher chance of dropping the rare you wanted.... So typically if you were a ranger you'd go for a certain ID, and if you were a hunter you'd go for another(skyly anyone :P). Then again, you'd hunt for a spesific item on your ranger who had an ID which had a higher chance of dropping a weapon you'd want for you hunter :P(those were the days), and vice versa.

Can't remember if mag evolution was affected by section ID's tho.... Kno class/race/what you fed it did, but anyways... dont get me started on mags, and mag farming hehe...Everyone had their favourites.... And farming/lvling them was half the fun...

PS: cheers for the warm welcome

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 14, 2008, 12:37 PM
Bluefull was nice, But...I don't think ID's will be on this game. :/

That box that drops items, is that the only box? Well since you will mostly play with friends an not NOOBs then it is ok, you can split the goodz or get what you really need :P

Akaimizu
Oct 14, 2008, 12:46 PM
Sounds good. IDs were an interesting idea, but fear of hacking and stuff really made PSO lose a good bit of its use. So plenty of folks with certain IDs never saw certain important drops.

PS Portable, so far, has probably one of the best drop ideas in the entire series, though. It also promotes playing with those of another class, too. 'cept due to class changing, any character has equal measure to drops, over time. A rather novel idea, want to see more of a certain type of drop? Have that kind of class lead the party! A rather good balance of drop setup, especially when you aren't doing dedicated servers.

My first was Greenil, my second was Yellowboze. That was before the drop-lists based on ID was known. So, you definitely see the disavantage that could turn out to be.

Saphion
Oct 14, 2008, 12:51 PM
Bluefull was nice, But...I don't think ID's will be on this game. :/

That box that drops items, is that the only box? Well since you will mostly play with friends an not NOOBs then it is ok, you can split the goodz or get what you really need :P

From the look of the videos, each player gets their own individual loot from each box. Notice how in the video, the other players don't pick up any items, yet move around as if they were scooping them up?

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 14, 2008, 01:01 PM
Each gets a loot? how does that work? the guy that kills the most wins a box of loot?

Niered
Oct 14, 2008, 01:05 PM
From the look of the videos, each player gets their own individual loot from each box. Notice how in the video, the other players don't pick up any items, yet move around as if they were scooping them up?

I was going to say the same thing, it seems that drops are specific to the player, a win-win because its less information to send to the server, and you wont get cheated out of anything!

Niered
Oct 14, 2008, 01:07 PM
Each gets a loot? how does that work? the guy that kills the most wins a box of loot?

Your loot doesnt show up on the other players screen, if an enemy drops an item, or a box is opened, then all the players see different objects. You cant physically pick up their items because that information is passed from DS to DS.

Like I said, a win win, because its less information being passed back and forth, and you dont have to worry about item hogs.

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 14, 2008, 01:18 PM
NEAT!! unlike PSU where when you pick an item the whole world knows about it! man I hate that...but its good for item hogs I guess therefore you can boot em noobs later hehehe.

But PSZ's loot system takes the cake! this game is WIN!

Saphion
Oct 14, 2008, 01:22 PM
The only question remaining is if each player gets different loot from the same box, or does everyone get the same items?

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 14, 2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah, that's the 1 million dollar question right there.

Niered
Oct 14, 2008, 01:34 PM
The only question remaining is if each player gets different loot from the same box, or does everyone get the same items?

Probably different. Like I said, I think that one of the main reasons SEGA did this was to cut down on the amount of information being transferred. If everyones drops are going to be the same than the game still has to make sure thats the case.

If they are different for everyone, than that would support the possibility of Section ID's if you ask me.

Vanzazikon
Oct 14, 2008, 01:37 PM
I don't know... Getting the same items your partner has is kinda boring. I would really hope that everyone gets different items from their loot, maybe one or two the same (monomates, etc.) but not all the same.

ShadowInferno119
Oct 14, 2008, 02:27 PM
I hope its different it makes rare items more rare. And I love to brag about getting items, then usually just end up giving them to someone in the party anyways.

Hozanto
Oct 14, 2008, 04:10 PM
You said around 350 weapons right?
Saber, GreatSword, Gunsword, Daggers, Claw, Double Saber, Spear, Shield, Handgun, Mechgun(or handgun x2?), Rifle, Bazooka(or cannon?), Pole, Wand. thats... 14 weapons and if you divide 350 by 14 you get 25 different weapons for each type.

Thats just putting everything equal even tho there will most likely be more of one weapon and just leaving out hand to hand and at least one other FO or Ra weapon we havent seen

Thats alota weapons tho right?...well for a RPG right?

Kent
Oct 14, 2008, 04:34 PM
You said around 350 weapons right?
Saber, GreatSword, Gunsword, Daggers, Claw, Double Saber, Spear, Shield, Handgun, Mechgun(or handgun x2?), Rifle, Bazooka(or cannon?), Pole, Wand. thats... 14 weapons and if you divide 350 by 14 you get 25 different weapons for each type.

Thats just putting everything equal even tho there will most likely be more of one weapon and just leaving out hand to hand and at least one other FO or Ra weapon we havent seen

Thats alota weapons tho right?...well for a RPG right?
RPGs typically have more weapons than most other genres of games.

But let's not forget, there may still be things like Slicers and Hand-to-hand weapons in the game... And on top of that, some weapon types may be rare-only, just like in PSO.

Hozanto
Oct 14, 2008, 05:10 PM
yeah I said left out hand-to-hand and some other weapon type that hasnt been anoucned
or that might just be it

SubstanceD
Oct 15, 2008, 05:58 AM
IMO section ID's just made PSO even more addictive..... At first you didnt have a clue and would just make a char, then as you gained lvls and actually experienced how they worked, then you'd start contemplating both character class/race and section ID combos.... As some have mentioned some ID's had a drastically higher chance of dropping the rare you wanted.... So typically if you were a ranger you'd go for a certain ID, and if you were a hunter you'd go for another(skyly anyone :P). Then again, you'd hunt for a spesific item on your ranger who had an ID which had a higher chance of dropping a weapon you'd want for you hunter :P(those were the days), and vice versa.

Can't remember if mag evolution was affected by section ID's tho.... Kno class/race/what you fed it did, but anyways... dont get me started on mags, and mag farming hehe...Everyone had their favourites.... And farming/lvling them was half the fun...

PS: cheers for the warm welcome

I liked the concept of Section ID's but I hated the way they were done in PSO. I hated the fact that Section ID's were linked to a characters name. It forced me to use a small handful of names over and over and over and over ( etc, ) again just so that I could get the Section ID I wanted. It wasn't too bad if you were someone who didn't mind adding a Number or blank spaces after your name but it mattered to me. If they do return I would like to see them implemented better, like joining a guild or somthing.

And if I do remember correctly, Section ID's did effect MAG evolution.

Shiroyu
Oct 15, 2008, 08:51 AM
I liked the concept of Section ID's but I hated the way they were done in PSO. I hated the fact that Section ID's were linked to a characters name. It forced me to use a small handful of names over and over and over and over ( etc, ) again just so that I could get the Section ID I wanted. It wasn't too bad if you were someone who didn't mind adding a Number or blank spaces after your name but it mattered to me. If they do return I would like to see them implemented better, like joining a guild or somthing.

And if I do remember correctly, Section ID's did effect MAG evolution.

Yeah, they did effect MAG evolution. I pretty much agree with this. At least they didn't go even further and make certain weapons equipable only by certain IDs...

It would be rather interesting if "other" weapon types (card, fist, scorpion, etc.) can only be found on certain IDs. Also, it would be neat if you're partying with others, you share the drop rates of your ID with the others. (Say I'm a whitill, and I'm partying with a pinkal. The pinkal would have pinkal drops in addition to my whitill drops, and visa versa.) If you're partying with others that have the same ID, it increases the chances for those to drop in general.

Edit: Wait, no, now that I'm thinking about it, it's not that interesting. (Regarding the other types being ID-only or whatever)

furrypaws
Oct 15, 2008, 05:07 PM
I think they should just go ahead and let you decide your ID at the beginning, giving a brief overview of each at the selection.

ShadowInferno119
Oct 16, 2008, 02:29 PM
I think they should just go ahead and let you decide your ID at the beginning, giving a brief overview of each at the selection.
I don't think so, because then it eliminates the rarity's and things would be come over used.

Epically Leet
Oct 18, 2008, 08:52 AM

Hell yeah! :D

Saphion
Oct 18, 2008, 05:08 PM
Just been browsing the PSUpedia forums, and there's an extremely informative post that explains a lot about the game. It's well worth checking out (http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=204).

Shiroyu
Oct 18, 2008, 06:09 PM
I'm curious if one can move while accessing the menu. If you can't, then would anyone know if the "shortcut menu" from PSO is in? (Not sure if it's in Universe or Portable, but it's the thing in the Gamecube version where if you hold R and press Y, a menu pops up and you can change weapons, use items, or use techniques on the fly)

I used that thing like my life depended on it. (Well technically, it did. <_<)

Gemel
Oct 18, 2008, 06:30 PM
Just been browsing the PSUpedia forums, and there's an extremely informative post that explains a lot about the game. It's well worth checking out (http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=204).

According to that thread you need a wand or rod to cast techniques... damn it.

ShadowInferno119
Oct 18, 2008, 10:19 PM
I'm curious if one can move while accessing the menu. If you can't, then would anyone know if the "shortcut menu" from PSO is in? (Not sure if it's in Universe or Portable, but it's the thing in the Gamecube version where if you hold R and press Y, a menu pops up and you can change weapons, use items, or use techniques on the fly)

I used that thing like my life depended on it. (Well technically, it did. <_<)

I hope so to, it should be, there are TWO screens, so it shouldn't be hard to implement. I don't know if its in PSP or PSU, most likely if its PSP then it will be in PSØ.

SubstanceD
Oct 19, 2008, 02:24 AM

I don't like the sound of that. Well I guess that means I won't be using any of the force characters this time around.

Frokko
Oct 19, 2008, 05:03 AM

Wow, thank you. That was a really good link. :)

Saphion
Oct 19, 2008, 09:29 AM

Bah... I'd hate to play as HUnewm and have to equip a wand just to cast Shifta. I'm secretly hoping that Shougai PSO have got their facts wrong here. It's a bit too much PSU for my liking.

Jonty
Oct 19, 2008, 10:09 AM
All amazing info there apart from the apparent technique attachments. I do hope that's a mistake =[

Gemel
Oct 19, 2008, 04:15 PM
Bah... I'd hate to play as HUnewm and have to equip a wand just to cast Shifta. I'm secretly hoping that Shougai PSO have got their facts wrong here. It's a bit too much PSU for my liking.

I hope they got their facts wrong too, it also says that humans can only use foie as a technique. It's just weird that they would do that honestly. Hopefully this data is for the demo only and they make it different in the final game... hopefully.

Niered
Oct 19, 2008, 07:27 PM
I hope they got their facts wrong too, it also says that humans can only use foie as a technique. It's just weird that they would do that honestly. Hopefully this data is for the demo only and they make it different in the final game... hopefully.

I doubt this is a misquote, but on the same hand its not HALF as bad as PSU considering that at least you can a ctually ATTACK with your wands and rods.

MinscTFA
Oct 19, 2008, 09:10 PM
There is also the possibility certain rare swords, etc being "Tech OK" such as the case with some weapons in PSO Ep. III. A rare saber which can also cast techs would be all the more valuable. We can keep our fingers crossed at least.

Niered
Oct 19, 2008, 09:25 PM
There is also the possibility certain rare swords, etc being "Tech OK" such as the case with some weapons in PSO Ep. III. A rare saber which can also cast techs would be all the more valuable. We can keep our fingers crossed at least.

Thats a distinct possibility...

Although Im not really a fan of this system, it simply isnt going to be as bad as PSU's because at the very least, you can still attack with a tech weapon. That in and of itself nearly saves it, and as MinscTFA stated, I'm sure their will be rares (or perhaps an entire new weapon class) that focus on a balance between phycial and mental aptitude.

Kent
Oct 19, 2008, 09:40 PM
I'm really hoping that the wand/rod requirement is a misquote or some form of misinformation. That's enough of a design flaw to break the game and convince me not to get it at all. :/

Niered
Oct 19, 2008, 10:11 PM
I'm really hoping that the wand/rod requirement is a misquote or some form of misinformation. That's enough of a design flaw to break the game and convince me not to get it at all. :/

And your officially taking this too personally.

As I stated, the ability to attack with these weapons as well as use techs almost fixes the problem, and considering that its such a miniscule part of the game, my personal suggestion, harsh as it may be, is to get over it.

ShadowInferno119
Oct 19, 2008, 11:15 PM

As I stated, the ability to attack with these weapons as well as use techs almost fixes the problem, and considering that its such a miniscule part of the game, my personal suggestion, harsh as it may be, is to get over it.
lol, I agree.

No offense Kent but we had a "discussion" about it earlier. It isn't really a big deal, it would be nice your right, add more versatility to the game, but it isn't going to break the game. You talk about it like its the end of all rpgs.

Anywho thats all I just can't wait. 12/25 is taking to long

Kent
Oct 20, 2008, 12:19 AM

Yes, I'm taking something personally because the outlook of the developer not really taking many steps in the way of fixing the (most) blatant problem with my playstyle of choice is not looking good.

I imagine it's not uncommon for people to have their opinion of a game, and thus their chances of purchasing said game, hinged on the developer's choice as to whether or not they want to fix one's preferred playstyle. I mean, if they break what made the game enjoyable... Then why waste money on it? Nothing personal about it.

Risingsun
Oct 20, 2008, 12:23 AM
Actually everything is personal about that. Your preferences vs. what the developers feel is right for their game.

Kent
Oct 20, 2008, 12:25 AM
Actually everything is personal about that. Your preferences vs. what the developers feel is right for their game.
So therefore, having any opinion at all is taking things too personally, because it's taking things personally at all.

Risingsun
Oct 20, 2008, 12:33 AM
No, you said this "Nothing personal about it." at the end of your rant.
and im saying what you said was very personal.

Niered
Oct 20, 2008, 12:36 AM
You're not really making sense at the moment, but I'm going to discount that and just go back to the heart of the problem.

Your issue is with the fact that requiring rods/wands to cast TECH's is unfair and a 'gamebreaker' in PSZ.

Now although PSU really did botch that whole formula up, and its understandable that that would make Force players apprehensive on the subject, thats really not something to discredit an entire game, or even an entire character class over. As I mentioned, they have given these weapons back their ability to attack, which although not necessarily the biggest gripe with them in PSU, was definitely a problem.

Now this might be a bit of annoyance if you're coming from PSO, where the action pallete is extremely lax, but realistically if this game had a name OTHER than "Phantasy Star" at the front, and you had heard all of this other information that sounded so absolutely positive and amazing, would you still refuse yourself purchase? Because you had one gripe with the a detail about the mechanics on casting?

If you were honest with yourself, I doubt it. But its not my job to sell you the game, so let me end it with this. Rangers got such a shaft in PSU it wasn't even funny, I even figured out they had become single-button tapping boredom-inducers before I bought the game. And I still bought it. Why? Because (although I still dont enjoy PSU) that simple little detail does not destroy the rest of the experience.

Segya
Oct 20, 2008, 02:09 AM
Personally I think that it would break the game for a Melee FOs to switch weapons all the time to debuff the mobs and attack.... how do you switch weapons anyway?

SubstanceD
Oct 20, 2008, 03:37 AM
Personally I think that it would break the game for a Melee FOs to switch weapons all the time to debuff the mobs and attack.... how do you switch weapons anyway?

Segya's pretty much hit the nail on the head with this point.

It's one thing if you are playing a pure force such a FOmar, FOmarl, FOnewn or FOnewearl since you will be using magic most of the time anyway and you can perform melle attacks when you want/need to with your wand/cane/rod or whatever.

It becomes a serious problem if you are playing one of the hybrid classes however, HUnewn, HUnewearl ( HUmar and HUmarl and FOmar ). Seriously, what is the point of being a HUnewn or a HUnewearl ( or a FOmar for that matter since FOmars are suppoed to deliver hybrid gameplay ) if you can't carry a proper Melee weapon and still cast magic at the same time, why not just use a pure force. To lesser extent the same can be said about HUmar and HUmarl. This is a design flaw since it renders several character classes as useless.

Aumi
Oct 20, 2008, 04:26 AM
I kinda have a feeling that Shougai PSO got something wrong. Probably it was just in the demo, where you, as Force had no other choice than using TECH weapons. They added the feature of attacking with TECH weapons and even gave them PA's, whereas I also believe them to have heavy attacks, which doesn't leave any space for TECHs linked to the weapon. I can't help but be skeptic about it, as you put TECHs into you pallete and should be able to use them at any time. Everything is just so much like PSO that I feel it to be impossible.
Also, I believe that humans simply didn't have any other TECHs than foie. For those still skeptic about the game, why don't you just wait for us importers to get it. I'll try to give a good review and inform you on how the game works out. :)

jmanx
Oct 20, 2008, 11:10 AM
but being a melee FO is awesome though Jellen, Zalure CUT CUT CUT! DEADLY

BUT SAY IT ANIT SO DX I don't need a cane to cast a move DX just say it ain't so DX that does break the game.

SuperChoco
Oct 20, 2008, 05:14 PM
but being a melee FO is awesome though Jellen, Zalure CUT CUT CUT! DEADLY

BUT SAY IT ANIT SO DX I don't need a cane to cast a move DX just say it ain't so DX that does break the game.

Not really. Unless we know for sure that Newmans can't use other weapons at the same time. It doesn't really matter though, because unless you want to use techs over and over, it won't be a problem. I can forsee the creators making the humans techs to a level that will equal their attack power and newman techs a little better, but will still be to a certain level that is less than forces.

In short, they are trying to make it so hunters and rangers not spam techniques. It doesn't really affect forces because they would probably already have a wand/rod equipped already to increase mental stats.

Drunken Dragon
Oct 20, 2008, 06:41 PM
It becomes a serious problem if you are playing one of the hybrid classes however, HUnewn, HUnewearl ( HUmar and HUmarl and FOmar ). Seriously, what is the point of being a HUnewn or a HUnewearl ( or a FOmar for that matter since FOmars are suppoed to deliver hybrid gameplay ) if you can't carry a proper Melee weapon and still cast magic at the same time, why not just use a pure force. To lesser extent the same can be said about HUmar and HUmarl. This is a design flaw since it renders several character classes as useless.

I see your point, but dont think it will be that game breaking.... Havent played PSU but in PSO you would(or at least I would) carry around different weapons... Playin a Hune id switch between weapons all the time.... multiple target hitting weapons, ranged weapons, singe target hitting weapons.... Although it would take a split second longer if you have to equip a tech casting weapon before casting techs it would still be doable, and shouldnt be too unfamilair to old PSO players....

Either way I'd say wait and see...

Saphion
Oct 21, 2008, 03:49 AM
Ugh, we need more info already. I wish the official website would update. I am but mortal!

Risingsun
Oct 22, 2008, 10:59 AM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170836

So it looks like you don't need everyone's friend code to join a friends party. And the 16 weapons classes have been confirmed.

Aeternus
Oct 22, 2008, 11:21 AM
Good news..

also in-game keyboard? Haven't seen this yet.

Aumi
Oct 22, 2008, 12:49 PM
Sounds nice. And I too wonder what the benefits of fist fighting are. If there are any. I hope there's some way of powering it up.
And yeah, in-game keyboard in free play? Interesting, that'd solve the discussion in the "Lack of Communication"-thread.

EDIT: No Twin Sabers! D: The line-up's pretty nice, though.

Saphion
Oct 22, 2008, 03:58 PM
Ugh, we need more info already.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170836

So it looks like you don't need everyone's friend code to join a friends party. And the 16 weapons classes have been confirmed.

And as if by magic...! Apparently, I can make new information appear merely by asking for it. I must put these new found powers to good use!

AlexCraig
Oct 22, 2008, 04:20 PM
No twin sabers? Great... I'll have to find something new for Alex to use...

Shiroyu
Oct 22, 2008, 06:58 PM
Just because Famitsu revealed 16 weapon classes doesn't entirely mean that there won't be "hidden" ones.

For all we know, the 16 could be the "main" ones.

Leviathan
Oct 22, 2008, 07:03 PM
Claws<3

Kent
Oct 22, 2008, 11:25 PM
Yay, Slicers!

You can also fight with your bare hands if you like, a first for the series

...lol, what? :wacko:

Kent
Oct 23, 2008, 01:20 AM
The most recent games being... Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe.

Saphion
Oct 23, 2008, 04:27 AM
New Phantasy Star Zero Famitsu scans!

(Click here (http://gonintendo.com/?p=60445).)

PSØ hype train assemble!

Aumi
Oct 23, 2008, 04:42 AM
Those weapons look awesome. Especially those Uzi-like mechs. I hate Uzis, but these actually look like an awesome variation. The daggers, claw and double saber look awesome too... Heck, all of this looks awesome, can't wait! :D

EDIT: Nice, a closer look at the level selection. There seems to be space for 3-4 more levels!

EDIT2: Boxing Gloves?? Seems like there's gonna be something like fists after all, hopefully.

Oh yeah, before I forget, Espio, can we get a translation for this one?

Gemel
Oct 23, 2008, 05:34 AM
From the looks of one of the pictures and not reading any info it seems that there is going to be 4 selections for hair, 5 for clothes and 5 for mag color atleast there is for the humar. I compared it to the video of character creation that was shown at the TGS basically. Since I'm only going by looks I can be wrong or gotten the categories mixed up.

Seems like a good amount of options considering it's for the DS. I still have no idea what the second, second to last and third to last options do.

Dragwind
Oct 23, 2008, 05:50 AM
New Phantasy Star Zero Famitsu scans!

(Click here (http://gonintendo.com/?p=60445).)

PSØ hype train assemble!

Did I just spy Red Saber and Doublesabers? :wacko:

Also, those modified PSO twin dagger designs are looking cool.

jmanx
Oct 23, 2008, 08:28 AM
Via Keyboard? awesomenesszors YAY

Aumi
Oct 23, 2008, 01:46 PM
I still have no idea what the second, second to last and third to last options do.

I guess one of them is for skin color? :wacko:

Risingsun
Oct 23, 2008, 02:01 PM
all the options are listed in the New scans thread

Percival
Oct 27, 2008, 09:50 AM
Forum member EspioKaos translated some good tidbits about gameplay from a Famitsu article (http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1219292_1407.html).

Interesting details about the Gunslash's dual modes and Shield blocking mechanics.

Gunslash
A ranged weapon. As its name suggests, the gunslash is a weapon type which features characteristics of a rifle and saber. Its basic attack is with the blade, however if the L button is held down, you can attack with the weapon's rifle portion. The gunslash is intended for high-level characters due to its fairly strange handling.

Shield
A striking weapon. For the first time in the series, shields can be used to guard at your own discretion. By holding the L button, you will take a defensive stance. However, the shield isn't just for defense. You can use it to attack enemies, too!

Bare-handed
This fighting style is not classified with any other category. The basic attacks used are a combination of kicks and punches. Are there any merits to choosing unarmed combat...?

Vanzazikon
Oct 27, 2008, 11:52 AM
Finally, you can block on your own and attack with your shield, I wonder how strong they are?

Percival
Oct 27, 2008, 11:58 AM
Finally, you can block on your own and attack with your shield, I wonder how strong they are?

I would guess that the ATP of shield would be low to offset the advantage of blocking (Probably lowest of all "striking" weapons). Either that or you won't be able to use the Dodge Roll action while equipped with a shield. (Pure speculations on my part of course)

With the Dodge Roll and Block actions, I wonder if they've eliminated the EVP stat altogether.

I think Block and Dodge really puts the "Action" back into "Action RPG".

Vanzazikon
Oct 27, 2008, 02:42 PM
Maybe the EVP stat is still there, so when you get hit and you fail to block or dodge, it'll say miss.

CoyoteLongshot
Nov 1, 2008, 05:36 PM
I hope Dark Falz/Force is in this game. :)

I know it's not supposed to have much to do with any of the previous games, but lately it seems like they've just been restarting the series over and over... it'd be nice to see something to tie it in with the other games in terms of story somehow.

DeathMachine
Nov 16, 2008, 04:35 AM
Topic: Techs
Didn't the action pallettes have Ryuker on them? I would hope that other TECHs would work similarly...
Topic: Weapons
I wonder if the PSO versions of weapons will appear as Rares (and if rares come in Red Boxes....how I covet them and their crimson color...)

Niered
Nov 16, 2008, 01:02 PM
Topic: Techs
Didn't the action pallettes have Ryuker on them? I would hope that other TECHs would work similarly...

Wee still dont know how tech's work exactly. We do know that tech's require PP and are linked to a weapon. What we dont know is if you can link them only to force-standard weaponry (i.e. wands and staffs). we do know \that at least to some degree all races/classes can use techs except of course casts. Lastly, like you said, tech's have been seen on the action pallete, take from that what you will.

Here is my own personal theory on how tech's work this time around. If they can be used by virtually everyone (excluding casts) and all weapons have PP, and on top of this staffs and wands have normal attacks too, then in my mind their is at least one solution; any weapon can have a technique linked to it, because it doesnt make sense for you to have action pallete commands that only work when you have a certain weapon equipped. It just makes more sense to use a wand or staff because they have a larger PP pool, and wont be sharing that pool with Special Attacks.

Just my theory.

Aumi
Nov 16, 2008, 02:11 PM
When and where the hell was it officially stated that TECHs are linked to weapons? Wasn't that just some stupid rumor hysterically discussed here on the forums? That's what I remember anyway.
To me there isn't anything that until now indicates that this rumor is true. You've got normal attacks and heavy attacks on all weapons. Also, this page (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/pszero/#/system/battle) seems to indicate that TECHs are linked to the action palette like normal/heavy attacks, monomates and all the others. If you press the button on the bottom left, you will understand what I mean, or at least I hope so.

Niered
Nov 16, 2008, 02:36 PM
When and where the hell was it officially stated that TECHs are linked to weapons? Wasn't that just some stupid rumor hysterically discussed here on the forums? That's what I remember anyway.
To me there isn't anything that until now indicates that this rumor is true. You've got normal attacks and heavy attacks on all weapons. Also, this page (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/pszero/#/system/battle) seems to indicate that TECHs are linked to the action palette like normal/heavy attacks, monomates and all the others. If you press the button on the bottom left, you will understand what I mean, or at least I hope so.

It wasnt discussed on these forums much, but rather here:

http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=204

in which someone who actually played the game and got their hands on the information found that wands and staffs are the only weapons (at the time of play) capable of casting techniques. When we say "linked" its not in the traditional sense of PSU, but rather that at this point in time the only info we have points to the required use of a wand or staff for tech casting.

Now you can say that its "unconfirmed" or a "rumor" or whatever you want too, but the fact is that thats the information we have at this moment, and considering that at the time of posting the game was only 2 months away from release, I doubt that that is going to change anytime soon.

Also, you seem to be forgetting that we dont have TP anymore, we have PP, and that's linked to weapons, not your character. That severely cuts into the idea of using other weapons to cast techs.

I realize that my theory earlier didnt hold to all that I just said, but thats why its a theory. Its something that I think is possible but not probable anymore, especially after going over the information again.

Kent
Nov 16, 2008, 02:37 PM
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that PP is not linked to weapons, and neither are any specific abilities - the only thing hinting at this is a post by someone on another forum stating that you needed a rod or wand equipped to be able to cast techniques in the demo version that was available. Nothing about linking them (which would not only be pointless, but also exceptionally redundant).

To non-Japanese-reading eyes, that page doesn't allude to anything other than "you put a technique on the action palette, and just like anything else, you press the button to do it."

Niered
Nov 16, 2008, 02:40 PM
Wait what? Im almost absolutely positive we had evidence that PP is linked to your weapon, not your character. That only makes sense too, otherwise they would have called it TP.

Kent
Nov 16, 2008, 02:43 PM
Maybe you should re-read the first post on your previous link.

Additionally, it confirms that TP is a seperate stat - probably for determining the power of technique-based attacks, much like in PSU.

Niered
Nov 16, 2008, 03:05 PM
Holy- WOW.

Huh, well thats a nice tid-bit I scrolled past too quickly.

So, PP is a character stat...but we can only cast tech's with a wand or staff...

I guess the next question is...why? I had assumed that the reason was because if PP was linked to a weapon, then it followed suit that the weapon would use its photon art for PP alone, but if thats not the case, then why would sega require a casting weapon? Didnt that work out just fine in PSO?

EDIT: Just updated the original post, take a look and tell me if their is anything wrong/missing.

Aumi
Nov 16, 2008, 05:32 PM
Holy- WOW.

So, PP is a character stat...but we can only cast tech's with a wand or staff...

I guess the next question is...why? I had assumed that the reason was because if PP was linked to a weapon, then it followed suit that the weapon would use its photon art for PP alone, but if thats not the case, then why would sega require a casting weapon? Didnt that work out just fine in PSO?

EDIT: Just updated the original post, take a look and tell me if their is anything wrong/missing.

What indicates that they require a rod or wand? Maybe in the demo FOs only had a rod/wand and the HU/RAs had no TECHs? It's just like that when you started in PSO, no? FOs started with a cane and foie, while the others started with their respective profession's starter weapon.

Kent
Nov 17, 2008, 04:27 AM
Holy- WOW.

Are you starting to see the point I've been trying to make for the past few weeks? >_>

As it stands based on current information, "photon arts" as they existed in PSU don't exist - there are weapon attacks, there are techniques, and there are charged versions of both that consume PP. It's both logical and sensible that you use each weapon differently, and therefore, their charged attacks behave differently - but there's still no real logic behind the requirement for a wand or rod to cast techniques, except as a form to try and limit the technique usage of non-Android Hunters and Rangers... Which isn't exactly a smart idea, because odds are, they're going to be limited enough just from not being a Force (see also: PSO).

What indicates that they require a rod or wand? Maybe in the demo FOs only had a rod/wand and the HU/RAs had no TECHs? It's just like that when you started in PSO, no? FOs started with a cane and foie, while the others started with their respective profession's starter weapon.
Well, the issue seems to be that there's some sort of confirmation, in that very same thread shown earlier, that you have to have a rod or wand equipped in order to cast techniques, and there's even confirmation of Hunter characters using wands in combat (screenshots and video).

Saphion
Nov 17, 2008, 05:07 AM
This (http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1219812_1124.html?ref=rss) just popped up in my RSS feed. Sorry if it's been posted before, my PC's been broken for the past week!

Seems to be the intro we saw from before, but then it turns into a full-blown anime style intro followed by some good game footage.

Aumi
Nov 17, 2008, 05:26 AM
Damn, nice find! Nice sequences, gameplay and a better example of the theme! Thanks!

Reginaldo
Nov 17, 2008, 05:57 AM
Awesome vid. I'm so excited to get my hands on some of the new double saber designs!!

Gemel
Nov 17, 2008, 06:14 AM
Wowzers, nice find. If that's the opening than I superly uber love it even if it's just the song.

We get to see more of that big robot and a Fomar do a backflip with what looks like is a rod.

Niered
Nov 17, 2008, 08:40 AM
That sword Kai is using is a GUNSLASH?!

Holy-WOW. I was afraid that all of the gunslash type wearpons would look like lame gunblade knockoffs, but that things actually beefy!

This trailer officially took a must have game in my mind, and rocketed it towards HO-SHI- Status.

Risingsun
Nov 17, 2008, 10:54 AM
This (http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1219812_1124.html?ref=rss) just popped up in my RSS feed. Sorry if it's been posted before, my PC's been broken for the past week!

Seems to be the intro we saw from before, but then it turns into a full-blown anime style intro followed by some good game footage.

Nice find. I also found it on the official site, with the opening by itself, with out the intro.
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/pszero/#/movie/promotion/pv_themesong

DeathMachine
Nov 17, 2008, 06:22 PM
Kai's Gunslash looks like a Bringer's Rifle to me...

WBMike
Nov 17, 2008, 06:33 PM
Screen capture dump

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/WBRicardo/vlcsnap-13465.png
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/WBRicardo/vlcsnap-13541.png
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/WBRicardo/vlcsnap-13704.png
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/WBRicardo/vlcsnap-8390.png
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/WBRicardo/vlcsnap-19954.png
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/WBRicardo/vlcsnap-13815.png
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/WBRicardo/vlcsnap-18451.png
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/WBRicardo/vlcsnap-13748.png
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/WBRicardo/vlcsnap-13910.png
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/WBRicardo/vlcsnap-14033.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Vanzazikon
Nov 17, 2008, 09:18 PM
Was that a photon blast I saw!?

Niered
Nov 17, 2008, 09:22 PM
Was that a photon blast I saw!?

The beginning of it, just the actual casting part of it. The only real photon blast weve seen is a transformation in one of the TGS seminar videos.

Aumi
Nov 18, 2008, 11:50 AM
Hmm... Maybe, if this game is successful enough, it'll get an OVA. Just maybe. Could be cool.

Niered
Nov 18, 2008, 12:17 PM
Hmm... Maybe, if this game is successful enough, it'll get an OVA. Just maybe. Could be cool.

Not unheard of by any means, but I'm really not that big a fan of anime anymore, and this art style looks good in gameplay, and a little overly simplistic in animation.

Reminds me of Burst Angel's style, the animation was okay, but the drawings lacked very little detail. They seemed to think that they could somehow counteract that fact by giving it bright colors.

Id still watch a PSZ OVA though.

Daoh-ji
Nov 27, 2008, 02:32 PM
i ... hum ... i wish you'll excuse me but ... i have some stoopids question here, waiting in my "to be answered" wallet.

Did armor where confirmed ? and if so do they have slots ? ( yeah, that question seem really stupid. However, the DS not having cards more than 2 Go capability i was just wondering if we'll all wear generical armors or even if they would have slots ) The thing that made me ask that question if because, while searching fors infos, i saw a scan sayin' that they where 350~ weaps of 16 familly ( approx 23 weap for each familly, sounds really nice to me ! ), and that seems sorta weird they didn't speak about armours, to me ...)

Second, a bit less stoopid question, here : will armors change your physical look, or will they'll be designed as some marks/lines addition to your outfit, as in PSU ?

Last question, promise, after i'll go annoy somebody else elsewhere xD ... I'm wishing and highly hoping for a sort of "Lumina" Shop, where, as in PSU, you could buy clothes to change your look. Do you think that's something possible ? I'm trying to shot my fanboy's wills down, because i doubt about that being possible ... otherwise they would have added more customs option right from the start ...

Thaaat's all ... oh, almost forgot ! a big thanks for this topic and his contributors, and i hope to see that updated regulary as the japanese game's date draw near :3

Kent
Nov 27, 2008, 04:36 PM
There hasn't been anything mentioned, to my knowledge, but it's safe to assume that frames/armor will be in the game to the same extent they were in PSO.

That is to say that most of them probably won't make a visual change on your character, with the possible exception of some rare pieces of armor.

DeathMachine
Nov 28, 2008, 04:31 AM
That guy raised a really good topic, and I'm mad no one thought to ask it in all of this time (including myself). We all just have our hopes set at a particular level when it comes to armor/frames, and that may not be good, because we might end up dissapointed (wouldn't be the first time). Let's hope that SEGA remembered to do it right...[/rant]

Percival
Nov 28, 2008, 10:23 AM
As far as I can tell, no official announcement has been made yet concerning armors and frames. Shields now behave as weapons.

I browsed the videos again, looking for anything armor related, and I was able to spot some blue boxes here (http://homepage.mac.com/srobert/.Pictures/WepPicPosts/Bluebox.png).

The thing I also noticed is that not a single box is seen dropped by a defeated enemy. No red, no orange, no blue, no green, not even a single meseta!

It appears that in PSØ, you have to defeat all the enemies that spawned in the area before a big chest appears, containing a bunch of loot (Weapons, Armors, mates, meseta, etc…). See: Clip 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKBwbQa534M&NR=1), and Clip 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uqxspTqI5g&NR=1). Same thing goes for boss fights (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41155.html). These chests are not the same as the normal crates that are scattered throughout the levels. The normal crates appear to behave as they did in PSO. (Break the crate, drops 1 item)

I think this raises the question, are drops still linked to enemies?

I have yet to see a sweet sweet red box in any video. :) The gameplay footage we've seen so far has probably been played at normal difficulty level so red drops would be scarce anyway.

Daoh-ji
Nov 29, 2008, 09:40 AM
hum ... i see ... thanks for the response ! And in the end, i think that a PS serie game without armor/frame is kinda like an FF without mages ... sorta ...

Well, i brought back some other interesents question ! Yeah, i know, most of them can't find an answear right now ... but there i go :

-Will there be a compatibility, as the game offer interessent features, within US, JP and EU version ? Technically, as the MMO don't mix server ( and that, principally because of the content of each region, and that's a currency in MMO, i meant, i never saw any game giving you access worldwide ... why ? ........ still to be answeared, but that's off topic ) i doubt it. However, out there some games are international. Pokemon, anyone ?

On the misc question, i'll ask ( and i say i'll try to answer it myself when the japanese game will come out ) :

How Much armor/frames are there ?
How much MAGs ? ( and their PB, so far we know that there are two categories : defensive ( buff to party, ect ) and ofensive )

aww ... still 26 day to wait xDD :P

Epically Leet
Nov 29, 2008, 09:56 AM
Seems waaaaaaaaay awesome.

Make it 25th December.

Now.

Reginaldo
Nov 30, 2008, 04:02 PM
Hm, if each weapon type gets a specific photon art, I wonder if it differs between the race/class combos.

Or maybe rare weapons get a unique photon art..

Frog
Dec 8, 2008, 12:29 PM
Holy Crap at the OP!!! This is looking much better than when first announced. I am 99% sure I will buy a DSi when this game hits the US!!!

Epically Leet
Dec 11, 2008, 11:00 PM
This game features so much awesomeness that it's unebelievable. I will be glued to my DS for ages.

Percival
Dec 12, 2008, 01:47 PM
With all that juicy info Espiokaos has been translating, I think we're due for a major overhaul of the first post. Here are my suggestions:

* As of December 12, 2008. A lot of that info was obtained from people playing the Demo. The demo version might differ form the final game in many points. This should be taken into consideration while reading the info below. Many thanks to Espiokaos for the translations.

=== CHARACTERS ===============

There are 14 Character classes in PSZ:

HUmar: Possesses a balanced growth rate, specialist in melee-type weapons. Able to use techniques, a character with great overall balance.
HUmarl: Lower ATP than the HUmar, compensated with more ATA/EVP. Able to use techniques, an all-purpose character.
RAmar: Mainly uses gun-type weapons, has high ATA that helps him not to miss. Able to handle some techniques.
RAmarl: Her specialty are gun-type weapons. Top class ATA, she's able to use some techniques.
FOmar: High MST, he's able to use every technique*. It's possible to use him for close range combat at higher levels.
FOmarl: Not suited for close range combat, top class MST, able to use every technique.
HUnewm: Low HP/DFP, but his excellent EVP/MST make him an expert on close/long range combat.
HUnewearl: Possesses the highest EVP, and is able to handle both close combat and techniques equally.
FOnewm: Low DFP, top class MST, able to use every technique.
FOnewearl: The highest MST of any class make her a technique expert, her low DFP makes her not suitable for close range combat.
HUcast: An expert at close range combat, possesses the highest ATP/HP, but he is unable to use techniques.
HUcaseal: Top class ATP/DFP, possesses every ability necessary for close range combat. Can't use technique
RAcast: ATP/DFP grow at a balanced rate, top class ATA, Unable to use techniques.
Racaseal: Possesses the highest ATA, Unable to use techniques.

* Conflicting info about if FOmar can use every technique or not. Anybody got a final answer?

Character Appearance Customization:

Humans and Newmans:
Head type [4]
Hair color [3]
Costume color [5]
Skin color [3]
Voice type [8]
Mag color [5]

Casts:
Head Parts [4]
Body Color A [3]
Body Color B [5]
Body Color C (3)
Voice Type [8]
Mag Color [5]

Character Attributes:
HP (current/max HP)
PP (current/max PP)
ATP
DFP
ATA
EVA
TP

Fire resistance
Ice resistance
Lightning resistance
Light resistance
Dark resistance

Miscellaneous:
You get 3 save character slots.
The characters you create is used in all three modes of gameply, Story, Wi-Fi, and Local Multiplayer.
FOnewearls naturally regenerate PP. A rate of two PP every five seconds was noted, but it's unknown if this is a fixed rate or if it changes.
PP decreases with the use of photon arts and techniques.
You do not recover PP naturally (Unlike PSU,)
PP is a character stat and not tied to weapons (Unlike PSU)
You do not recover PP with successful strikes against enemies.
RAcasts naturally regenerate HP. A rate of two HP every five seconds was noted, but it's unknown if this is a fixed rate. As with PP, it could be a certain percent of your max HP that's regenerated.

=== BATTLE SYSTEM ===============

Combo system:

The 3 Hit Combo system is back, along with the Normal and Hard Attacks.
Normal attacks have low power, but allow you to recover from the attack animation more quickly.
Heavy attacks have high power, but leave you open with a longer attack animation.
PSO's three-hit combo with ranges weapons returns. However, it has evolved quite highly. There are two ways of shooting. One will auto-aim you to the nearest enemy (I'm assuming kind of like how techniques would automatically lock on) and the other is the ability to crouch down and shoot so that you remain stationary.

Charged attacks:

You charge an attack by holding down the assigned button.
You can invoke charged attacks only from the action palette.
You use a charged attack by releasing the held button, thus consuming some PP.
You can cancel a charge attack if you want. This will not spend any PP.
The charge time, PP consumption, power and animation for charged normal and heavy attacks is the same.
You can move normally while charging.
You can sidestep while charging.
You will lose your charge if you do an evasive roll while charging. In this case, PP will not be lost. Also, this is one way to cancel a charge if you no longer wish to use it or if you've missed an opportunity to use it.

Techniques:

Techs can be charged, just like normal weapon attacks
Techs can only be cast with a casting type weapon <?> (wand or rod) but are placed on the action pallete similar to PSO.
Charging a technique will turn it into its RA-form, i.e. Foie becomes Rafoie.
More detailed techniques info under the "Techniques" section below.

Photon Arts:

In addition to normal and hard attacks, each weapon has a specific Photon Art.
Photon art is activated by charging the weapons attack via holding down the attack button.
Photon arts use your character's PP

Dodge System:

Their is a newly implemented dodge system.
Dodging allows the character to quickly roll in a direction to avoid attack.
It can also be used to cancel charged attacks and techs.

Chain System:

Their is a newly added Chain System.
If a character performs a 3 hit combo on an enemy, and then another different character does a 3 hit combo on an enemy, a chain counter will appear.
This chain can be continued by having all 4 players taking turns in sequence attacking the enemy, and will give a damage boost to those attacks.

Unarmed Combat:

Unarmed Combat is back.
This fighting style is not classified with any other category.
The basic attacks used are a combination of kicks and punches.

Strafing:

Strafing is brought back from PSU
Holding down L both resets the camera and allows the character to strafe.

Action palette:

The action pallete is back
Holding down on R brings up another 3 slots like PSO.

Action palette commands:
Normal attack
Heavy attack
Quick evade
Monomate
Dimate
Trimate
Monofluid
Difluid
Trifluid
Star Atomizer
Sol Atomizer
Moon Atomizer
Telepipe
Trap Vision
Heat Trap
Ice Trap
Light Trap
Heal Trap
Foie (Human, newman only)
Barta (Newman only)
Zonde (Newman only)
Resta (Newman only)

=== TECHNIQUES ==============

General Info:

All techniques are used through the action palette.
Techniques are cast with rods and wands.
Humans cannot use certain techniques.*
A tech's level is displayed in the main menu.
Foie hits one enemy. Rafoie is its charged version.
No details on Rafoie.
Barta's charged version is Rabarta. No details on Barta's attack patterns.)
No details on Rabarta.
Zonde hits one enemy. Razonde is its charged version.
No details on Razonde.
Resta heals only the caster. Alresta is its charged version.
Alresta heals all party members within a certain radius.
Charging simple attack techs (Foie, Barta, Zonde) turns them into Ra techs (Rafoie, Rabarta, Razonde).

* Conflicting info about if FOmar can use every technique or not. Anybody got a final answer?

Learning techniques:

Technique disks appear as "Resta LV1," etc. when collected.
Technique disks are considered "special items" and can drop from treasure boxes.
Job/race restrictions are displayed for technique disks just as for equipment, by using abbreviations such as HH, HR, CH, etc.
Your character menu will display the techs you can learn.
HUmars and HUmarls can learn fire, ice and lightning attack techs, HP recovery and status effect recovery techs, and attack and defense buffs.
FOnewearls can learn fire, ice, lightning, light and dark attack techs, HP recovery and status effect recovery techs, attack and defense buffs, and attack and defense debuffs.
RAcasts cannot learn any techniques.

Technique families:

The family originally named "recovery" was changed to "HP recovery." This includes the tech Resta.
"Resuscitation" family was renamed to "status effect recovery."
"Attack boost" series is now "ATP/TP boost."
"Defense boost" series is now "DEF/resistance boost."
"Attack down" series is now "ATP/TP down."
"Defense down" series is now "DEF/resistance down."

Technique list:

Foie family (charged version confirmed)
Barta family (charged version confirmed)
Zonde family (charged version confirmed)
Light-type (elemental family exists, but was not available in demo)
Dark-type (elemental family exists, but was not available in demo)
Recovery types
Resta family (charged version confirmed)
Resurrection (existence confirmed, but was not available in demo)
Attack/defense up (existence confirmed, but was not available in demo)
Attack/defense down (existence confirmed, but was not available in demo)

=== TRAPS ===============

General information:
Traps can only be used by Casts
Traps are likely used from the action palette, but this was not confirmed.
There are hidden traps in the fields. It is not confirmed if CASTs have the ability to see all traps without the use of a Trap Vision.

Trap types:
Heat Trap (Causes burn.)
Ice Trap (Causes freeze.)
Light Trap (Causes confusion.)
Heal Trap (Recovers HP.)

=== ITEMS and EQUIPMENT ===============

General Information:
You cannot drop items to trade; it can only be done through in-game windows.
It appears that in PSØ, you have to defeat all the enemies that spawned in the area before a big chest appears, containing a bunch of loot (Weapons, Armors, mates, meseta, etc…)
These chests are not the same as the normal crates that are scattered throughout the levels. The normal crates appear to behave as they did in PSO. (Break the crate, drops 1 item)
More information needed
Race/job abbreviations: (HH, HR, HF, CH, CR, NH and NF)
These abbreviations represent who can use particular items. Each one identifies a race and occupation. For example, HH = human Hunter, CR = CAST Ranger and NF = newman Force.

=== WEAPONS ===============

General Information:
There are around 350 weapons in the game
Unlike PSO and PSU, requirements seem to be based on level, not particular stats.
A weapon's element is named as the element plus its level. For example, stun LV1, stun LV2, etc.
Status effects will randomly be inflicted with normal attacks.
It is unknown how SEs will be handled with photon arts.
Force-orientated weapons (Rods, Canes, etc.) can perform normal striking attacks.
Machineguns allow you to continue to attack while strafing.
Gunslashes allow you to shoot from a distance as well as attack up close with a striking attack. It seems that you cannot form combos while shooting.
Bazookas are single-shot ranged weapons, so you cannot pull of combos with them.
Launchers are single-shot ranged weapons, and just like bazookas, cannot be used to form combos.
We have 2 new weapon types to look forward to: Gunslash and Shield.
Gunslash: A ranged weapon. As its name suggests, the gunslash is a weapon type which features characteristics of a rifle and saber. Its basic attack is with the blade, however if the L button is held down, you can attack with the weapon's rifle portion. The gunslash is intended for high-level characters due to its fairly strange handling.
Shield: A striking weapon. For the first time in the series, shields can be used to guard at your own discretion. By holding the L button, you will take a defensive stance. However, the shield isn't just for defense. You can use it to attack enemies, too!

Weapon attributes:

ATP or TP
ATA
Required level
Who can equip it (indicated by race/job abbreviations)
Star rarity

Native (attribute value)
Beast (attribute value) - Assumed to be like A.Beast from PSO.
Machine (attribute value)
Dark (attribute value)
Hit adjustment (attribute value)

Element
Photon art or technique's name
ATP or TP
ATA

List of weapon types:

Striking:
Swords
Spears
Sabers
Double sabers
Claws
Daggers
Shield

Ranged:
Handguns
Machineguns
Launchers
Rifles
Bazookas
Gunslash

Magic:
Rods
Wands
Slicers

=== ARMOR ===============

General Information:

It seems that PSO's free slot style is used as opposed to PSU's fixed style.

Armor attributes:

DFP
EVP
Slots
Required level
Who can equip it (indicated by race/job abbreviations)
Rarity

Fire resistance
Ice resistance
Lightning resistance
Light resistance
Dark resistance

=== CONSUMABLES ===

Monomate
Dimate
Trimate
Monofluid
Difluid
Trifluid
Star Atomizer
Sol Atomizer
Moon Atomizer
Telepipe
Trap Vision

Materials

Each race has a particular limit to the number of materials they can use.
Humans can use 100, newmans can use 80 and CASTs can use 80.
You can keep track of how many materials of each type you have used in the Materials menu.

Confirmed Materials:
HP materials have been confirmed.
PP materials have been confirmed.
Power
Guard
Hit
Swift
Mind

Grinders:

Monogrinders have been confirmed but little else is known.

=== MAGS ===============

General Information:

MAGS are back, and apparently have some sort of Photon Blast.
The only one we know of is a HUcast transforming into a winged creature that brings lightning down from the sky.
MAGs will have unique personalities. One such was said to cause the MAG to cast support techniques before a boss battle.
Mags can be fed ANY item in the game this time, and photon blasts can be comboed.
It seems you can feed your MAG up to five items in one stack.
There is a four minute wait between feedings before your MAG will become hungry again.

Mag attributes:

ATP (base ATP/adjusted ATP)
DFP (base DFP/adjusted DFP)
ATA (base ATA/adjusted ATA)
TP (base TP/adjusted TP)

Level
Synchro rate
Power gauge (increase when fed certain items)
Guard gauge (increase when fed certain items)
Hit gauge (increase when fed certain items)
Mind gauge (increase when fed certain items)

Photon Blast
Personality

=== PLAY MODES ===============

General Information:

Multiplayer can be played with or without friend codes.
The benefits of using FC's is that you can use the new pictochat feature, otherwise you will have to use pre-made responses.
Their are no visual lobbies, instead you choose your area before heading out.
4 players can play at a time.
The party leader can boot members who misbehave.
When a party member is accessing their menu, a speech bubble with "..." in it will appear over their head to the rest of the party.

1) Story mode:

[list] Your character's race will have an effect on how the story unfolds.
You'll be given choices in conversations with townsfolk and other NPCs, though it's not known if your choices will have an effect on the story.
It revolves around 2 characters
It has animated cutscenes.
It is NOT connected to the classic PS series, PSO, or PSU.

2) Wi-Fi Mode

2.a) Free mode

where you choose a stage and then get matched up with a party automatically.
Anyone can join in, but you're only allowed to chat via the in-game keyboard
None of the PictoChat-style "visual chat" functionality is available.

2.b) Friend mode

For those who have shared friend codes.
You can assign new friends in this mode
Parties of friends-of-friends are also possible, so you don't actually need to trade codes with every single person in your hunting expedition

2.c) Single mode

A one-player-only version of online play.
It also features different quests from what the story mode offers.
Enemies in single play mode will have higher stats than those from story mode.
While playing single play mode online, you can receive notifications automatically if a friend signs on.
You can view various stats about your friends through their guild cards. This includes how many people are in their party.

3) Local Multiplayer Mode

=== COMMUNICATION ===============

Visual chat:

The pictochat system allows for saving images you have created, making shortcuts to them, and capturing others' images.
Pictochat It can only be used when communicating with frieds.
At least 21 can be saved, but you may be able to save more.

Fixed sentence chat (word select):

While playing "free play" (i.e. with unknown people), this is the only way to communicate.

=== STORY AND NPCS (Spoilers) ===============

General Information

Story mode focuses on the "Hunters", after humanity has just found the remains of an ancient civilzation and photon based technology.
Newmans are from the moon.

Known NPCs

Dairon (human male) is the mayor of Dairon City. His JP voice actor is Banjo Ginga.
Gray (human male) is a member of the Hunters Guild. He offers a tutorial program and acts as a guide.
Sarissa (FOnewearl)
Kai (RAmar)
Ana (HUnewearl?) is a mysterious woman who you meet on the moon. Her JP VA is Ai Maeda.
Ogi (Racast)
Reve (HUnewm)

=== CITIES ===============

General Information:

Dairon City: You pop up there after joining a team to tool up and buy items before moving onto whichever level

Cities - Quest counters:

You can select "Go to the field" from the counter. These missions will have increased drop rates, but you will not receive rewards for clearing the mission.
Choose "Accept quest" from the counter, and the missions will earn you increased EXP as well as rewards for clearing the mission.
There are main quests and sub quests. By clearing a main quest, you will advance the story as well as unlock sub quests.
You can accept co-op quests while in wireless play mode.
Select "Choose partners" from the counter to add NPCs to your party.

Cities - Personal counter:

You can use the "trunk" at a personal counter to store items and Meseta.
There is also a feature called "player's trunk" which acts like PSU common box. In other words, it lets you store items to transfer between characters.
The option "item trade" becomes available only in multi-player mode. This allows you to trade items with friends.
"Player record" is another option at the personal counter. Details are unknown on this feature.

Photon collector shop:

Cities have these underground shops where you can exchange Photon Drops for weapons and other items.

Enemy collector shops

These are secret underground shops in the cities that take in any enemy parts you find to create enemy weapons from them.

Custom shop:

You can modify your equipment at the custom shop.
This allows you to strengthen the photon attribute of your weapons as well as synthesize elements.
Element synthesis lets you apply an element to a weapon by using elemental cyrstals.
Photon attribute strengthening applies to both weapons and armor.

=== FIELDS ===============

Fields - Layout:

Fields are separated into "zones" and "blocks."
A zone is defined as a fixed map, while a block describes randomized maps.
Rare blocks can appear. In these areas, you'll find rare containers.
The Naura Cake Shop and an area are both mentioned to appear in some fields.

Fields - Progression:

You'll enter a field and be in the first section of a zone.
As you progress, you'll enter a block which will tie together the first section with the mid-way zone. This block has a chance of being a rare block with rare enemies.
The mid-way zone can include event scenes or a mini-boss.
Next you'll move on to the final zone of a map.
A new block ties together the final zone and the boss zone. This block has a chance of being rare.
Finally, you move on to the boss zone where you will face off against the mission's boss.

Known Fields:

<Unknown name>: Arid plains, canyons and plateaus.
Ozette Wetland
Rioh Snowfields
Arkana Plant: This field is an energy plant on the surface of the moon. The enemies here are mostly machines.

=== ENEMIES ===============

General Information:

Well-known rare enemies will appear.
As expected, they have a low chance of appearing but will drop rare items.
The BGM will change when rare enemies appear (making it seem like rare enemies have their own unique battle themes from normal enemies).
"Boost enemies" are another enemy type, but details are unknown. (This info came from a promo DVD that was distributed to game shops.)

Confirmed Enemies:

Rappy
Usani: A rabbit-like enemy from the Rioh Snowfields. (The name seems to be a cross between usagi and bunny.)
Hildegao: A large monkey-like creature similar to PSO's Hildebear. It inhabits the Rioh Snowfields.
Hildegana: A large monkey-like creature similar to PSO's Hildebear. It inhabits the Rioh Snowfields.
Grinble
Rayhound
Stag
Hypao
Hellion
Arkzain: Mechanical. It inhabits Arkana Plant
Finje R: Mechanical. It inhabits Arkana Plant

Confirmed Bosses:

<Dragon>
<Octopus> : Ozette Wetland
Humilius : Arkana Plant

=== PLAYER RECORD ===============

This keeps a record of numerous achievements such as earned titles as well as an illustrated item guide.
This data is shared between all three characters.
Quest record compiles data of cleared missions.
There is an illustrated enemy guide which compiles enemies you've encountered as well as a count of the total number you've killed.
The illustrated item guide compiles data of the weapons, MAGs, etc. you've collected.
A rankings section is included to rank your records against your friends' records.
The title record keeps track of different titles you've earned.
Titles work just like in PSP where when you do certain things (for example, defeat all enemies), you earn a new title.
The system also keeps track of the rewards you earn from achieving each title.

=== MISCELLANEOUS ===============

A battle counter (as in mission counter) will be available, but details are unknown.
Although not yet out, this game would appear to have all the elements required to make it THE GREATEST HUMAN ACHIEVEMENT THIS SIDE OF CURING CANCER.

Epically Leet
Dec 12, 2008, 01:59 PM
Th-th-th-th-th-that's alot of info. Time to start reading.

Awesomeness.

EDIT:

You CAN chat when playing with random people?! I thought you couldn't! I thought the PictoChat-thing was the only available chat method. Goodie!

Percival
Dec 12, 2008, 02:01 PM
Th-th-th-th-th-that's alot of info. Time to start reading.

Sorry for the big wall of text. ^_^

Epically Leet
Dec 12, 2008, 02:22 PM
Sorry for the big wall of text. ^_^

Wall? Th...Tha... That's a freakin' tower! A tower's wall, then?

Anyway; Big thanks. Thanks. Thanks thanks thanks.

Thanks. 'Tis a good one.

ShadowInferno119
Dec 12, 2008, 03:28 PM
-Will there be a compatibility, as the game offer interessent features, within US, JP and EU version ? Technically, as the MMO don't mix server ( and that, principally because of the content of each region, and that's a currency in MMO, i meant, i never saw any game giving you access worldwide ... why ? ........ still to be answeared, but that's off topic ) i doubt it. However, out there some games are international. Pokemon, anyone ?

Well Guild Wars, mix a world wide server. In fact, there is even a place HoH Hall of Heroes(I know its been changed since I've played) that was based just on that, you face all the different regions, Korea, Japan, Europe, and teams from each country PvP. It was awesome. And the winner opens up the Under-World for that region. So If USA won, then USA was able to go to the UW, (a great place to farm and get armor). Also in town and post, your were able to switch to the International server's, just with a click of a button.

Regarding DS games, almost all of them that are WiFi that I can think of are internationally connected. AC:WW, Mario Kart DS, Tony Hawk, Metroid Prime Hunter, Call of Duty 5, all of SE's games etc etc. DS isn't region locked in anyway. However the DSi will be but thats a different subject, and I don't want to get off topic too much. =P

Hope I helped.

Vanzazikon
Dec 12, 2008, 05:00 PM
I'm looking forward to using that health trap.

DeathMachine
Dec 13, 2008, 01:04 AM
Loving Health Traps. I wonder if they grey out your traps in boss fights again? To be announced, I guess...

You contradict yourself, Percy. You said Humans cannot use all techs, and in the FOmar description, it even mentions being able to use all Techs. I think it was supposed to read Hunters (I assume Rangers as well). Seems like you got tired from typing that novel up there... But, we all know what happens when we make assumptions...It makes something out of U and Mptions... :P

Percival
Dec 13, 2008, 01:08 AM
You contradict yourself, Percy. You said Humans cannot use all techs, and in the FOmar description, it even mentions being able to use all Techs.

It's pretty much all copy-pasted info. The error must come from the source material. I'd like to fix it. If somebody has the definitive word on how techs work for Humes, please point it out. In the meantime, I'll probably simply remove the contradicting info.

DeathMachine
Dec 13, 2008, 01:23 AM
Me-thinks that the site from which we ripped the 'mar(l)s not being able to use all techs' was where the mistake was. They only had a FOnewearl as a force, and that was where the error lay.

Oh, and again: Thanks for all your hard work!

Shiroyu
Dec 13, 2008, 03:01 PM
Wall? Th...Tha... That's a freakin' tower! A tower's wall, then?

Anyway; Big thanks. Thanks. Thanks thanks thanks.

Thanks. 'Tis a good one.

That's not a tower... that's a castle.

Celsore
Dec 13, 2008, 04:19 PM
Hey are wepons similar to musashi gona be back?

Gemel
Dec 13, 2008, 06:55 PM
Hey are wepons similar to musashi gona be back?

Chances are no but they might come back as a rare item only, like the way they were in PSO.

Celsore
Dec 13, 2008, 06:57 PM
i mean not musashi exactly but a wepon that is two swords

Gemel
Dec 13, 2008, 08:18 PM
i mean not musashi exactly but a wepon that is two swords

Sorry I shoulda been more specific, but yeah I don't think they'll have the two sword weapon category unless it's a hidden type like they were in PSO.

Celsore
Dec 13, 2008, 08:39 PM
k cool

aarosmashguy
Dec 14, 2008, 02:20 AM
I made an account just to say that this game is going to completely take over my life. =D. Thank you for all of the information you provided. I practically had a heart attack reading all of that.

DeathMachine
Dec 14, 2008, 02:33 AM
Does everyone at some point in their early stay here have Rappy Hunter in their title? It's like a psychological need or something...(I've done it too).

I was also kind of upset when I would read the list of weapon types and not see Twin Sabers. I thought they would get around to mentioning it at some point, but they never did. I really hope Gemel is right, because they were my favorite bladed class.

Epically Leet
Dec 14, 2008, 03:59 AM
Isn't Rappy Hunter the stock title?

Nowhere
Dec 14, 2008, 08:27 AM
Yeah.

>_>

DeathMachine
Dec 14, 2008, 08:03 PM
You mean it's automatic now? Dag; when I started, it was initially blank and you had to be original (to an extent).

Let's get back on topic before we get in trouble...

Blueblur
Dec 15, 2008, 01:22 PM
Great thread so far, guys!

Risingsun
Dec 19, 2008, 03:38 AM
Here is some more things confirmed for the game thanks to the PSUPedia forums (http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=285) and espiokaos and Mewn:

http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081219c.html - this has some interesting info... it confirms:

* Hard mode (unlocked by beating Story Mode on what is, presumably, Normal mode) and Super Hard mode (details are unknown). Better drops, more powerful monsters yada yada.

* Level cap is 100, and capping is balanced to take approximately 300 hours if I'm reading it right (and I might not be). That's according to the producer.

Visual chat album
* This feature will let you download visual chat pieces from popular artists and the development staff.

Story mode
* New quests are added after clearing story mode.

Multi-mode
* The story mode status of the party leader in multi-mode games will determine what areas are unlocked to the rest of the party. (So if the leader only has access to one field, that's all the party will be able to play.)
* Friend codes will be exchanged automatically through wireless play.
* The game's mobile site will allow users to exchange codes.

Chain combos
* A chain count starts with the successful hit of a charge attack.
* The maximum number of chains a party can pull off is 100.

http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081213a.html

Dressing room
* Lets you modify the visuals of your character.
* Everything except for your character type can be changed. (That makes it sound a bit more grand than I expect it'll be, however. Keep in mind that your class determines your costume selection, so it still has its limits.)

Photon blasts
* A PB can be set off when your MAG's PB gauge is full.
* Still no confirmation of how the gauge is filled. (I'm guessing damage inflicted on enemies as well as yourself will fill it.)
* A photon blast is set off by pressing the L and R buttons at the same time.

NPC battle commands
* "Free order" tells an NPC to freely go into battle.
* "Attack shift" tells an NPC to go into an offensive mode.
* "Shooter sight" tells an NPC to use long-ranged attacks.
* "Heal order" tells an NPC to focus on healing.
* "Follow order" tells an NPC to stick close to the party leader.
* "PB release" tells an NPC to use their photon blast.
* "PB chain" tells an NPC to chain their photon blast with the leader's.

Miscellaneous
* The Naura Cake Shop and sisters are back.
* The quest counter receptionist should look familiar, too. (No names were given, though.)

Shiroyu
Dec 19, 2008, 03:43 AM
* The story mode status of the party leader in multi-mode games will determine what areas are unlocked to the rest of the party. (So if the leader only has access to one field, that's all the party will be able to play.)

Sad face.

Vanzazikon
Dec 19, 2008, 03:54 AM
* Hard mode (unlocked by beating Story Mode on what is, presumably, Normal mode) and Super Hard mode (details are unknown). Better drops, more powerful monsters yada yada.

* Level cap is 100, and capping is balanced to take approximately 300 hours if I'm reading it right (and I might not be). That's according to the producer.You know, this sounds a lot like PSO DC Ver.1. :lol:

Maybe there'll be a Ver.2, adding another difficulty after Super Hard and raising the level cap. to 200. :lol: /Kidding

Iduno
Dec 19, 2008, 08:03 AM
WOW this is actualy sounding REALLY good, it seems better then psu but on a handheld as well with no hunters license.

I was trying not to let my expectations get too high but currently they have gone through the roof and inconviniencing several satalites lol.

DeathMachine
Dec 19, 2008, 01:30 PM
Hey, Shiro, that's kinda how it was with PSO multiplayer. The first person to step into the transporter (or last, hard to remember) had their list of available places come up. All you'll have to do is ask who's furthest when you partner up and have them be leader.

I'm liking that Hard and Very Hard make appearances too. Vanz might not be too far off with his joke. We'll see!

Saphion
Dec 19, 2008, 02:00 PM
After reading that I'm actually expecting them to release a Ver.2 further down the line with level 200 and Ultimate mode.

It's like history repeating - in the most awesome way possible. It's 2001 all over again! :D

Percival
Dec 19, 2008, 02:04 PM
After reading that I'm actually expecting them to release a Ver.2 further down the line with level 200 and Ultimate mode.

I'd buy that… but it will be heartbreaking restarting a level 100 character to level 1…

…Unless they find a clever way to move a character from a v1 DS cart to a v2 DS cart. But I doubt it would be possible or safe (read: duping).

I guess I'm thinking too far ahead. PSØ still hasn't even been announced for NA/EU.

Zarode
Dec 19, 2008, 02:56 PM
Well, I can announce something! While playing, I got rare monsters on the way back to a door that needed a card key. :D Boomas! Well, tiny boomas. They walked on all fours. They were adorable. I could tell they were boomas by their faces. It was funny, and a fun slaughter for high exp. They gave up a chest that dropped grinders.

edit:

Translated the name for them, as rough as it is. It's either Buu-ma-ri-zu-so or Buu-mwo(the hell?)-ri-zu-so. So basically, Booma Rizuso.

Vanzazikon
Dec 19, 2008, 03:25 PM
Wow, rare monsters already. Good job. :yes:

Do you think special weapons will be attainable in the next difficulty?

ShadowInferno119
Dec 19, 2008, 05:51 PM
64 Friends allowed in Friend List.

Percival
Dec 19, 2008, 06:10 PM
64 Friends allowed in Friend List.

Nice. More than enough as far as I'm concerned.

angemaru
Dec 19, 2008, 07:20 PM
as awesome as this is , im having problems finding the healer ...

anyone care to tell me where it is ?
or if there even IS one ?

Tycho
Dec 20, 2008, 09:33 AM
^ In reply to the discussion way back, you can cast techs regardless of what you've got equipped.

Blueblur
Dec 20, 2008, 09:52 AM
After reading Risingsun's post, I'm entinced to import it. But I stopped playing my PSP import because of the Japanese (gave me a headache to be translating the Katakana all the time). Don't want to do the same here.

Thalui89
Dec 20, 2008, 08:09 PM
hmm I have a question bout hunters on zero. basically id probs be a Hunewearl like i was on pso but im just wondering if hunter classes can use handguns like they could on pso or if their restricted to melee weps only? be grateful to anyone who knows thx :D

Amherst_Wind
Dec 20, 2008, 08:27 PM
hmm I have a question bout hunters on zero. basically id probs be a Hunewearl like i was on pso but im just wondering if hunter classes can use handguns like they could on pso or if their restricted to melee weps only? be grateful to anyone who knows thx :D

To answer your question quickly Hunewearls can use handguns. :)

but to go into more depth, theres a lot of variety with weapons in this game, its nowhere near as strict as PSU. Theres even variety within weapon types, I have a Normal Rifle only Human Rangers and CAST Rangers can use, however I also have a Photon Rifle that Human Rangers, CAST Rangers and CAST Hunters can use.

Clidante
Dec 20, 2008, 09:12 PM
Although it might be nothing huge i've discovered that on the control side of things, as well as L being strafe, you can also use it to lock and circle strafe your current target PSU style (although it breaks if you turn away or use the new quick dodge move).

And if you hold X and then press L or R you can manually rotate the camera left/righ respectively. Was kind of hoping X would be tied to some sort of quick item/weapon/spell menu a la GC PSO, but alas it doesn't seem like that feature is available.

EDIT: Also, all camara controls only work out in the field and not in the lobby.

lcronovt
Dec 21, 2008, 01:00 AM
R+Start is the most similar to the quick menu in GC PSO

yellow5
Dec 21, 2008, 01:40 AM
R+Start is the most similar to the quick menu in GC PSO

Yeah, very useful.

Holding L + Start brings up the item menu.
Holding R + Start brings up the equip menu.

Shiroyu
Dec 21, 2008, 01:51 AM
Sweet, menu shortcuts. Yay! :D

Thalui89
Dec 21, 2008, 09:15 AM
To answer your question quickly Hunewearls can use handguns. :)

but to go into more depth, theres a lot of variety with weapons in this game, its nowhere near as strict as PSU. Theres even variety within weapon types, I have a Normal Rifle only Human Rangers and CAST Rangers can use, however I also have a Photon Rifle that Human Rangers, CAST Rangers and CAST Hunters can use.

aha thx for the info :. I like the idea that weps of the same type can have diff reqs for class etc =o. Can't wait for this game now >.<. Thanks for the info!

Caesera
Dec 23, 2008, 03:07 PM
I so cannot wait for this game to come out in america, I will be first in line for it's release; as well as the DSi. Tho I'm kinda sad that I can't do like a handgun and saber combo like in PSU, but I guess that is what the gunslash is, and can HUmar use gunslash, (I probably skipped over any information about that) because I was a Fighgunner in PSU.