PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone picking up PSO again?

SuperChoco
Oct 12, 2008, 02:50 PM
Title.

Is anyone picking up PSO again to get ready for PSZ?

I personally am making a FOmar to melee to get ready for HUnewm.

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 12, 2008, 02:54 PM
Well not really, specially since my Gamecube is in the closet and my PSU is on hold ATM. Plus college FTL lol.

Saphion
Oct 12, 2008, 02:55 PM
I've been thinking about it, and I'd like to do it... however, that would involve my brother not playing Call of Duty 4's online mode for longer than five minutes, and that's a situation I've not yet managed to achieve.

God, I hate that game.

the_importer_
Oct 12, 2008, 03:24 PM
I play it on the free server once every 2 months or so.

jmanx
Oct 12, 2008, 05:00 PM
I play it on the free server once every 2 months or so.

I'm assuming we play at the same place since there is like only one XD

Ive been playing pso still since gamecube offline 2003 then I got online like in 2006.

burninglink5
Oct 12, 2008, 05:24 PM
I was just playing Version 2 the other day.

MinscTFA
Oct 12, 2008, 05:24 PM
I'm assuming we play at the same place since there is like only one XD

Ive been playing pso still since gamecube offline 2003 then I got online like in 2006.
*boasts*

I've been playing PSO online since 2001 on the Dreamcast.

Should head back on BB one of these days. I do have a character there.

jmanx
Oct 12, 2008, 05:55 PM
Only if I knew when I was 11 XD

ChaosAngel92
Oct 12, 2008, 06:20 PM
In the moment I watched the PSZ videos, I went to re-active my PSO BB account an a private server, namely *Mod Edit*

Niered
Oct 12, 2008, 06:58 PM
In the moment I watched the PSZ videos, I went to re-active my PSO BB account an a private server, namely *Mod Edit*

SHHHH...Dont speak such things!

Its like saying candlejack, everyone kno

the_importer_
Oct 12, 2008, 07:01 PM

Rule #1 of free servers: Don't talk about the free server itself

Aeternus
Oct 12, 2008, 07:17 PM
I don't really know why this is such a touchy subject. Fact is Sega shut down the servers, so there is NO way to play online by PAYING money.. so why not have all the info, or at least permission to TALK about it here with Private servers.. seems kinda silly. I highly doubt sega is going to come knocking on the doors trying to sue us.

jmanx
Oct 12, 2008, 07:26 PM
OMG! HE SAID THE FORBIDDEN WORD!

the_importer_
Oct 12, 2008, 08:22 PM
I don't really know why this is such a touchy subject. Fact is Sega shut down the servers, so there is NO way to play online by PAYING money.. so why not have all the info, or at least permission to TALK about it here with Private servers.. seems kinda silly. I highly doubt sega is going to come knocking on the doors trying to sue us.

SOA didn't give a rat's ass when PSOBB was still commercial, let alone when they closed their servers. Reason why PSO-World don't want you to talk about it, beats me. My theory, they're PSO fanboys who want everyone to Pay-2-Play while still falling under Rule 45 (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rule+45)

deso123
Oct 12, 2008, 08:34 PM
I got banned from the free PSO server last night 30 minutes after randomly saying titties before making a game room. When I got Dac's MSN I messaged him asking why I got banned. He told me to enjoy my aids (among other 4chan things) and blocked me. The server is lame as hell. I've never been through so much nerd drama than on that schit run server. I tried to sell a FTD a few days ago and Sleeps busted into the game room asking me why I had it while screaming don't run or he will ban me. He then proceeded to ask what my other character names were. I played stupid and he left me alone. I hate that server... I only cheated when everyone else was anyway. I had stopped with my new character. I came back because the proxy wasn't working anymore even, lol. I had left the game and gave all my rares away. They tracked down the guy I gave the rares to and took them though, lol. Gave her a Red Ring and crap. Those bastards...

And the way they turn on eachother... Like I traded with Duce a lot and he was trusted. I knew he cheated as well as that other high roller who sold his accounts and never got caught. He even talked about the hacking every once and a while and knew far too much about it. Funny how after years of them on the forum and trading they just one day go F- you go die/banned. That server is cancer.

the_importer_
Oct 12, 2008, 08:46 PM
I got banned from the free PSO server last night 30 minutes after randomly saying titties before making a game room. When I got Dac's MSN I messaged him asking why I got banned. He told me to enjoy my aids (among other 4chan things) and blocked me. The server is lame as hell. I've never been through so much nerd drama than on that schit run server. I tried to sell a FTD a few days ago and Sleeps busted into the game room asking me why I had it while screaming don't run or he will ban me. He then proceeded to ask what my other character names were. I played stupid and he left me alone. I hate that server... I only cheated when everyone else was anyway. I had stopped with my new character. I came back because the proxy wasn't working anymore even, lol. I hadl eft the game and gave all my rares away. They tracked down the guy I gave the rares to and took them though, lol. Gave her a Red Ring and crap. Those bastards..

And they way they turn on eachother... Like I traded with Duce a lot and he was trusted. I knew he cheated as well as that other high roller who sold his accounts and never got caught. He even talked about the hacking every once and a while and knew far too much about it. Funny how after years of them on the forum and trading they just one day go F- you go die/banned. That server is cancer.

So you cheated, got caught and now you're pissed. News for you man, mostly everyone on the forum over there hates me and yet, I'm still there. What you say and do on the forum doesn't affect what will happen to you in the game unless you really push it.

jmanx
Oct 12, 2008, 08:51 PM
lawls I was about to say yea they are pretty strict on those things but since u said u cheated XD

deso123
Oct 12, 2008, 08:52 PM
All I had on me was a lvl 100 agastya, FTD, 2 cent abilities, a v101, and a heavenly/arm. I wasn't doing anything. I started over, lol. The dick banned me without hesitation. What if I was someone else who just happened to use the same name?

the_importer_
Oct 12, 2008, 08:59 PM
All I had on me was a lvl 100 agastya, FTD, 2 cent abilities, a v101, and a heavenly/arm. I wasn't doing anything. I started over, lol. The dick banned me without hesitation. What if I was someone else who just happened to use the same name?

You must have had something that was hacked or you'd still be there.

deso123
Oct 12, 2008, 09:14 PM
I stole the v101 and 2 cents from an asian dude. He dropped 'em on the ground. I wasn't even trying to trick him or anything he just wanted to trade and I wasn't very interested and pretended he didn't know how to speak english well enough to trade. I also stole an electro frame even though I had one but again he was just being a greedy ass and wanting to trade junk for ubers I listed and didnt even have. When he left to get the character with the items I was interested in I changed the password so he couldnt get in. He then later came up and harassed me about trading. I was talking to someone else and again he just dropped the electro frame (almost like saying go ahead take it I'll get you banned even though I wasn't even trying to trade with him) and I took it and ignored him while he sat there threatening to ban me. I didn't trick anyone. I didnt even want the items they were just retards, lol. I'm a Dreamcast player. That's how PSO is meant to be played. You act stupid and other people get rewarded. I didn't even bother to change accounts. I guess I should have... I guess I was just asking for it. The server still sucks. I also had a basic frame and shield on a few levels above what I was supposed to be able to use as well but I'm pretty sure no one was in my game when I was banned. I used to play with GMs on my level 192 account and they could never catch me, lol. This was something else... I was in a private game playing. I don't know if someone came in when I got banned or what but when I was banned it said "banned > titties" so IDK. I don't care. They ruined PSO. I'm all for not cheating but if you can then people are gonna do it. PSO is 80% greed and exploiting. You cant stop that. It's like leaving a million dollars on the ground and saying no one steal it. People are gonna do it and you'll never catch 'em all. I could go back on and do the same crap but I'm too lazy. Fix what you can and stop crying I say.

Anyways, I'm gonna shut up now. The server sucks.

deso123
Oct 12, 2008, 09:34 PM
I'm gonna make a new account in a minute actually. I'm just gonna make sure not to use a name they know I used in the past. I'm gonna try not to cheat at all this time but if I see a big exploit I'm going for it and I;m gonna enjoy it more than playing the forest dragon 100 times. All or nothing that's how I roll. I used to have it all but it wasn't good enough... WTF was wrong with me, lol? I need to find a new game... PSZ is gay though.

Gemel
Oct 12, 2008, 09:39 PM
I'm gonna make a new account in a minute actually. I'm just gonna make sure not to use a name they know I used in the past. I'm gonna try not to cheat at all this time but if I see a big exploit I'm going for it and I;m gonna enjoy it more than playing the forest dragon 100 times. All or nothing that's how I roll. I used to have it all but it wasn't good enough... WTF was wrong with me, lol? I need to find a new game... PSZ is gay though.

Okay, have fun again and I advise you not to use exploits.

AlexCraig
Oct 12, 2008, 09:55 PM
Reason why PSO-World don't want you to talk about it, beats me.

PSO-World is under Gamespy, and they disapprove mentioning, linking to, etc private servers.

the_importer_
Oct 12, 2008, 10:39 PM
PSO-World is under Gamespy, and they disapprove mentioning, linking to, etc private servers.

GameSpy still exists? It thought it was long absorb by the IGNorants long ago :P

Alright, so here's one big important question, why is PSO-World still part of GameSpy? I'd always figured that when it left Planet-Dreamcast, that it would have gone independent or something. Not too hard to get sponsors that would pay enough for hosting when you've been around for so long.

AweOfShe
Oct 13, 2008, 01:51 AM
I keep getting dragged to play PSO. I play it for about 5 minutes before I turn it off, everytime. >.>

I... think I'll just wait for PSZ... :P

Kent
Oct 13, 2008, 02:40 AM
GameSpy still exists? It thought it was long absorb by the IGNorants long ago :P

Alright, so here's one big important question, why is PSO-World still part of GameSpy? I'd always figured that when it left Planet-Dreamcast, that it would have gone independent or something. Not too hard to get sponsors that would pay enough for hosting when you've been around for so long.
It's probably a lot more convenient to just run the thing through GameSpy, than it is to try and host it separately.

That, and attempting to separate it would probably wind up being just a brand new site, and this one would still exist as it does now.

Frokko
Oct 13, 2008, 06:05 AM
I play it every once in a while.

It helps to have a friend to play with. ^^

SubstanceD
Oct 13, 2008, 01:37 PM
Not quite yet although I've been thinking about it alot for the past week. Of course that means either taking my Gamecube out of storage, removing it from it's box and then find somewhere to plug it into or turning on my Wii ( somthing I promised never to do again ). I'll probably have my Gamecube out of storage by the end of the week.

Aumi
Oct 14, 2008, 04:59 PM
I'm currently leveling my HUcaseal. :)

Xuri
Oct 14, 2008, 05:07 PM
I play every now and then, but all i have is a WII and cannot go online =( Also trying to schedule it in is hard to do, when im not working or spending family time I am playing WAR or going to Kendo. I think that is why I am looking forward to PSZ because i can play at work =)

Hozanto
Oct 14, 2008, 05:15 PM
I might not ever play it again... unless something happens to every game in my house put that one...

Kent
Oct 14, 2008, 07:31 PM
The game may be going on eight years old now, but it's still a better way to spend time than, say, Phantasy Star Universe. >_>

Gurou-kun
Oct 14, 2008, 09:32 PM
I still play it rigorously to this day

AlexCraig
Oct 14, 2008, 09:35 PM
I never let go of PSO. So to me, "picking it up again" means hopping on an hour or a day later.

Seira7
Oct 16, 2008, 09:08 PM
The game may be going on eight years old now, but it's still a better way to spend time than, say, Phantasy Star Universe. >_>

Yea, exactly. I took a long break from PSO but am playing it again, it looks so purty on the Wii in progressive scan as I always add. And its still really,really addicitive!! Its timeless that way. Im definitely going to get PS zero, and am considering PSU for PSP. Still, PSU left such a bad taste in my mouth that I wonder if Ill bother with the PSP version.
The DS game looks more my style.

DarkShadowX
Oct 17, 2008, 06:05 AM
All this PSŲ talk has relit my PSO spark, so I've also started playing again. Online on one of the private servers.

raikomaru40
Oct 17, 2008, 06:51 AM
I haven't played PSO all summer, so I'll probably start playing again for that reason alone.

Shiroyu
Oct 17, 2008, 09:43 AM
I also play on "that-which-shan't-be-named". My main was a HUnewearl up to around 60-70ish, but now I'm playing a HUcaseal.

Every once in a while I'll play Episode 3 for a little bit. I'm a sucker for card games, and I thought 3's system was pretty good.

Aumi
Oct 17, 2008, 11:25 AM
I'm playing on *censor-noise* too. Just got my HUcaseal to lvl 76 today. :)

VR-Raiden
Oct 17, 2008, 11:34 AM
I just got BlueBurst actually, starting to level my 6th time creation of my PSO character, VR Raiden :wacko:

Akaimizu
Oct 17, 2008, 02:20 PM
I'm thinking about getting Blue Burst, but can't seem to find a nice simple method for being able to play it online, at this time.

DarkShadowX
Oct 17, 2008, 02:25 PM
I'm thinking about getting Blue Burst, but can't seem to find a nice simple method for being able to play it online, at this time.

Getting on the *bleeped* servers isn't hard to do, at least for PSOBB it isn't, dunno what kind of hoops you gotta jump thru for DC and GC. Course I got on them a few months ago.....PSŲ just gave me a reason to actually play them XD

Akaimizu
Oct 17, 2008, 02:45 PM
I guess I was looking at the wrong site. The site I looked up made everything seem so complicated. Anyway, I'll probably look into it more and see what's up for BB and if there's any bugs I have to look out for.

Fortunately, I have some pretty powerful and convenient laptops to play that on. Part of the reason I'm considering PSOBB due to ease and portability. Love to have the ability to just jump in a PSO game just about anywhere.

jmanx
Oct 18, 2008, 12:50 AM
I guess I was looking at the wrong site. The site I looked up made everything seem so complicated. Anyway, I'll probably look into it more and see what's up for BB and if there's any bugs I have to look out for.

Fortunately, I have some pretty powerful and convenient laptops to play that on. Part of the reason I'm considering PSOBB due to ease and portability. Love to have the ability to just jump in a PSO game just about anywhere.

You only can play bb if you have internet so no wifi no bb lol oh and YOOOOOOOO WHO *poiints to sig.

Jonty
Oct 18, 2008, 03:15 AM
I'm back playing PSO GC again.
First rare drop? Freaking diska of liberator. Rage!

SubstanceD
Oct 18, 2008, 10:07 AM
I dusted off the old GameCube and booted up PSO for the first time in 2 years last night. I felt wierd going back to PSO after playing PSU for soo long. I had to get used to to the slow walking/running speed as well the timing of all my melee attacks all over again. The graphics also felt alot simpler and cruder than I remembered. Still after an hour or two the old PSO charm started to shine through.

TwilightSea
Oct 21, 2008, 10:32 PM
Gonna play PSO again and attempt to get to the Ruins in Ultimate mode to prep up for PSZ. Gonna be freaking awesome :O.

Sami
Oct 29, 2008, 04:14 AM
i am supposed to start playing again. But gotta wait till i level up to 200. Like25k exp left, and i want to record.

Other than that, the candle jack server is great. Many gamecube players, many legits. Great people over all.

Me playing pso has nothing to do with ps0 though. pso is just that awesome.

D-type_Ranger
Oct 30, 2008, 10:30 PM
I STILL play pso even though I NEVER went online(no modem *sob sob*)I just make do with my friends and OBVIOUSLY alone XD.

Dragwind
Oct 31, 2008, 06:50 AM
I never realllllly stopped playing PSO :wacko:. I still play my gamecube offline file every so often, and I've been somewhat getting into BB again raising a HUcast and RAcast, while my dreamcast is still collecting dust after the last time I popped Berserk in there (I still play v.1 sometimes for the nostalgia factor).

I'm hardly expecting this game to be anything like PSO to be honest. I think, like the dev comment said, it should bring moments of nostalgia with throwbacks to PSO style weapons and possibly gameplay, but I really think it will be a totally different experience, far, far different from PSO.

Regardless, I'm hoping to see some possible time-line references in the Phantasy Star Universe for this title. Possibly nudging somewhere pre-pso.