PDA

View Full Version : wireless but no actual online

luffytubby
Oct 12, 2008, 06:18 PM
According to edge-online and giantbomb, Phantasy Star Zero does not feature actual online play over wi-fi, but just wireless wi-fi between 4 different DS machines locally...

anyone know if that is true?

its such a shame, because thats also what monster hunter and ps portable supports. if you dont know anyone else with handhelds you are really left out!!!

the_importer_
Oct 12, 2008, 06:40 PM
According to edge-online and giantbomb, Phantasy Star Zero does not feature actual online play over wi-fi, but just wireless wi-fi between 4 different DS machines locally...

anyone know if that is true?

its such a shame, because thats also what monster hunter and ps portable supports. if you dont know anyone else with handhelds you are really left out!!!

According to SEGA, it does.

Aeternus
Oct 12, 2008, 06:51 PM
not true thankfully :)

so far, we know you will need to have friend codes though. I'm really hoping something can be worked out with free mode having a sort of guild card type option.. because it really is a shame to meet up with somebody, have a good game, but not be able to find them again because you have no way of exchanging guildcard / friend codes. YOu already cannot really chat with them, so that is pretty limiting and frustrating. Otherwise..

jmanx
Oct 12, 2008, 06:55 PM
THANK GOD DONT SCARE ME LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN!

Niered
Oct 12, 2008, 06:56 PM
not true thankfully :)

so far, we know you will need to have friend codes though. I'm really hoping something can be worked out with free mode having a sort of guild card type option.. because it really is a shame to meet up with somebody, have a good game, but not be able to find them again because you have no way of exchanging guildcard / friend codes. YOu already cannot really chat with them, so that is pretty limiting and frustrating. Otherwise..

Actually, friend codes are NOT required.

The only thing friend codes will let you do (so far) is use the pictochat. Otherwise your forced to use pre-set Pictochat shortcuts (presumably to keep people that dont know eachother from using 'offensive' pictochats.

Of course, none of that really matters since PSOW will undoubtedly have a FC sharing board.

Aeternus
Oct 12, 2008, 07:11 PM

The only thing friend codes will let you do (so far) is use the pictochat. Otherwise your forced to use pre-set Pictochat shortcuts (presumably to keep people that dont know eachother from using 'offensive' pictochats.

Of course, none of that really matters since PSOW will undoubtedly have a FC sharing board.

That's what I meant. What I was trying to say is if you meet somebody in free mode, there is (so far) no way to hook up with them again unless you know their friendcode, which kinda sucks. But yeah.. PSOW will fix that, but its nice to meet random people and exchange info.

jmanx
Oct 12, 2008, 07:25 PM

yea what pussies :/ Is FC's required by nintendo? Or maybe a requirement if they want to use their server? IDK

Tigernado
Oct 12, 2008, 07:36 PM
That Edge-Online article seems to have several errors, they list MH3 as not having online either.

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 12, 2008, 07:46 PM
LOL it will feel so weird going into PSU and saying to one of your friends 'hey lets head over to PSZ' lol it will be freeking great!

Niered
Oct 12, 2008, 08:04 PM
yea what pussies :/ Is FC's required by nintendo? Or maybe a requirement if they want to use their server? IDK

Its a completely understandable fear, what with BS legislation coming from all over the globe (China has as much of a anti-games movement as the U.S., if not more) so FC's, when used right are a good thing I think.

In PSZ's case, im happy. It would seem that they did the right thing by me, with making FC's optional.

jmanx
Oct 12, 2008, 08:30 PM
Yea MPH online structure is great, best nintendo online game made. Voice chat and text chat, and all modes and lvls and even with rivals but without voice chatting and text though. I mean they still should get rid of fc's though, it is not going to stop kids from getting codes from stranger because they do it all the time by just posting or chating with other people for them. But now FC for animal crossing is reasonable because I don't just wan anyone to come in my town and fuck it up XD

the_importer_
Oct 12, 2008, 08:33 PM
Its a completely understandable fear, what with BS legislation coming from all over the globe (China has as much of a anti-games movement as the U.S., if not more) so FC's, when used right are a good thing I think.

In PSZ's case, im happy. It would seem that they did the right thing by me, with making FC's optional.

No kidding, I mean think about it and remember all the ways ass-holes managed to turn simple innocent geometrical shapes into dicks, boobs, etc...

Now imagine what they could do with the power of Pictochat -_-

Saphion
Oct 12, 2008, 08:33 PM
Edge used to be highly regarded but they've been in somewhat of a decline the past few years.

Notice how half the games have incorrect screenshots in that article?

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 13, 2008, 06:33 AM
Yeah they are trying to avoid soccer moms, if they get friend codes from strangers its "their" fault not SEGA's.