PDA

View Full Version : AotI when will the lightning carnival come?

lumia fanatic
Oct 13, 2008, 07:51 AM
the questions in the title but if the title changes its asking when is the carnival coming to 360 servers

Rayokarna
Oct 13, 2008, 07:55 AM
>.>;

You'll get it when PS2/PC EU/NA Servers get it.

joefro
Oct 13, 2008, 07:59 AM
Just keep checking the PSOW homepage each day, I promise that as soon as the carnival is announced someone will post it. :-P

milka
Oct 13, 2008, 09:09 AM
next week of the next month of the next year

RikaPSOW
Oct 13, 2008, 09:16 AM
Sometime this or next month most likely.

lumia fanatic
Oct 13, 2008, 09:21 AM

now milka why be like that i only asked a question!:-x

Cracka_J
Oct 13, 2008, 09:25 AM
now milka why be like that i only asked a question!:-x

well, honestly, it's a question nobody has an answer to.

so milka saying sometime in 2010 has as much validity as someone saying this month. :-?

mvffin
Oct 13, 2008, 12:50 PM
the 13th hour of the 13th day of the 13th month.

Lousy Smarch weather.

pikachief
Oct 13, 2008, 12:54 PM
if not this month early next month.

there. :P

SStrikerR
Oct 13, 2008, 01:09 PM
So basically we don't have any idea, although most people will try to make a guess based on what updates jp got before the carnival and which ones we still don't have. So basically, just look at the homepage once a week and you'll find out when we all do.

Namine
Oct 13, 2008, 01:15 PM
Considering Ruby has been said to have tried it out, it should be the Oct. 24th update(would have been the Oct. 10th, but with that building power maintenance supposed to have happened...).

pikachief
Oct 13, 2008, 01:23 PM
Considering Ruby has been said to have tried it out, it should be the Oct. 24th update(would have been the Oct. 10th, but with that building power maintenance supposed to have happened...).

yup! they have a "schedule" they say and pretty much every update is on hold until we get the lightning carnival!

so im fully expecting it next update, unless they just give us arms dealer and nothing else next update lol which i wouldnt be surprised XD

but yea most likely 24th unless they mess something up again >.>

WHlTEKNIGHT
Oct 13, 2008, 01:23 PM
So basically we don't have any idea, although most people will try to make a guess based on what updates jp got before the carnival and which ones we still don't have. So basically, just look at the homepage once a week and you'll find out when we all do.

Good luck with that they will proberly get the homepage fixed when uni13 and 14 come back.

ForteGunnerW
Oct 13, 2008, 01:49 PM

most likely

SStrikerR
Oct 13, 2008, 01:58 PM
Good luck with that they will proberly get the homepage fixed when uni13 and 14 come back.

...what are you talking about? I know the universes are down and all, but what the hell do you mean?

sephiroth115
Oct 13, 2008, 02:11 PM
when they wake up and laugh all the way to the bank, maybe the day after that
I've heard the 24th :cheepcheep:

Rambo!
Oct 13, 2008, 03:59 PM
With segac in charge in could take be months or it could be next week. Your guess is as good as mine though I put my bid some time in Q1 2009.

Treize K
Oct 13, 2008, 04:17 PM
Oct 24 th heh well see...

Phetty
Oct 14, 2008, 12:11 AM
Id rather have Parum GBR then Lightning Carnival... Better drops, and I'd like a Kaos Knight before I do the survival missions.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 14, 2008, 12:15 AM
Would that be funny if it came out this friday :-o

lumia fanatic
Oct 14, 2008, 12:37 AM
i hope it is oct 24th to be honest

Namine
Oct 14, 2008, 01:37 AM
Id rather have Parum GBR then Lightning Carnival... Better drops, and I'd like a Kaos Knight before I do the survival missions.

Just as others want the 'Lightning Carnival' for some of the 'exclusive' drops(atleast for the time being), besides which we just had the Neudaiz GBR and this event should provide variety.

Sasamichan
Oct 14, 2008, 04:42 AM
I'd say most likely the end of Nov, if not the beginning of Dec.

ashley50
Oct 14, 2008, 11:01 AM
whenever...

IrisForscythe
Oct 14, 2008, 11:08 AM
I'd expect it to be used for the next winter event.

R2D6battlebot
Oct 14, 2008, 11:54 AM
:tuna:

jobber
Oct 14, 2008, 12:12 PM
newb.

Chibi_psu
Oct 14, 2008, 12:31 PM
i hope we get something nice on the 24....Last update was short because there was gonna be maintenance and see what happened lol

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 14, 2008, 01:08 PM
Where is that pic in your SIG from? looks like a cut scene!

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 14, 2008, 02:41 PM
Where is that pic in your SIG from? looks like a cut scene!
u mean chibi? hmmm not sure....i havent done all of episode 2 but i dont recall a time where both of them are together
It could be from a chapter we dont have yet :-? lol

o yea on an off topic ur sig reminded me of somethin i saw this guy with a tattoo with him name in Phantasy Star font :-o luke how u have kireek on urs

Alecc
Oct 14, 2008, 02:58 PM
chillaura said at the official forums that the 24th doesnt seem likely anymore.
November it is. maybic. =/

Unit #42
Oct 14, 2008, 03:26 PM
I hope some time this year v.v

Cracka_J
Oct 14, 2008, 03:41 PM

lulz. That's pretty sad.
I can almost hear the entire universe clicking the "cancel subscription" button.

I think we need Palin to help us pray for pc/ps2. Or pray it away. Whichever is quicker.

Rayokarna
Oct 14, 2008, 06:26 PM

This is seriously the best news I heard all day since I'm dead broke and my account is inactive. I love you Chill :D

sephiroth115
Oct 14, 2008, 07:04 PM
lulz. That's pretty sad.
I can almost hear the entire universe clicking the "cancel subscription" button.

I think we need Palin to help us pray for pc/ps2. Or pray it away. Whichever is quicker.Lolz. She would be the best, maybe she can see Japan for her house too. :spam:

Alastor_Haven
Oct 14, 2008, 07:12 PM

That is fucking awesomic

illogikal
Oct 14, 2008, 09:59 PM
cant really say for sure since no accurate info has been relaesed by sega or a gm but i'd say either next maintenance or early next month

lumia fanatic
Oct 15, 2008, 12:27 AM
well thats just stupid if we get it next month because then segacs just becoming a pain in the ass period

Alecc
Oct 15, 2008, 04:02 AM
considering japan started dengeki on february 28th (if i read that correct :D), we are going to be more than 8 months behind them. Thats just crazy. I wish they would care at least a little bit about THEIR freaking game (outside their own country). No wonder there are fewer and fewer people playing... =/

Sasamichan
Oct 15, 2008, 05:50 AM
considering japan started dengeki on february 28th (if i read that correct :D), we are going to be more than 8 months behind them. Thats just crazy. I wish they would care at least a little bit about THEIR freaking game (outside their own country). No wonder there are fewer and fewer people playing... =/

Don't be surprised that the Japanese don't care about people outside Japan. Get used to it.

ANIMEniac
Oct 15, 2008, 01:47 PM
ok im sorry, but this makes ABSOLUTELY no sense to me... why would the 24th not seem likely? the event already exists, just put it on a bloody floppy disk and mail it from japan to Cali where the translators can translate, and the programers can change the translation file. i may not no alot about what must really goes down, but it seems like a 1, MAYBE 2 day opperation. so y in gods name can we not look to it comming out in 2 weeks!?!

DreXxiN
Oct 15, 2008, 01:50 PM
Ok, I'm EXTREMELY patient, and I'm about to cancel..lol.

bignic623
Oct 15, 2008, 08:24 PM
Sega is really getting on my last nerve, honestly SOA needs new management. Thet should have already set the psu web site with all updates and the expected arrivals from day 1 and if they couldn't meet the expected scheduled update let ppl kno in advance or said something like these updates are approximate and maybe expected to change, that way ppl aren't upset and left in the dark spamming missions like WB and paying money for a game that gets even more boring than an offline game, but thats my opinion, I just wana be informed so, it kinda eases the stress of not knowing at all

SStrikerR
Oct 15, 2008, 08:42 PM
ok im sorry, but this makes ABSOLUTELY no sense to me... why would the 24th not seem likely? the event already exists, just put it on a bloody floppy disk and mail it from japan to Cali where the translators can translate, and the programers can change the translation file. i may not no alot about what must really goes down, but it seems like a 1, MAYBE 2 day opperation. so y in gods name can we not look to it comming out in 2 weeks!?!

Translating takes a lot longer than you think then, especially something this size.

Macras
Oct 15, 2008, 09:23 PM
Sega is really getting on my last nerve, honestly SOA needs new management. Thet should have already set the psu web site with all updates and the expected arrivals from day 1 and if they couldn't meet the expected scheduled update let ppl kno in advance or said something like these updates are approximate and maybe expected to change, that way ppl aren't upset and left in the dark spamming missions like WB and paying money for a game that gets even more boring than an offline game, but thats my opinion, I just wana be informed so, it kinda eases the stress of not knowing at all

But if i remember right, isn't it SoJ who does basically sets the update schedule and doesnt give two cents about what happens on the other side of the pond?

About the whole expected arrivals.... I have yet to see a company do this for a MMO. Ever. telling people what they're going to get in a game like PSU is like WoW writing out every quest they're about to add in the next patch and including a basic summary of what it entails. boring, isn't it?

Also, if they had everything planned out and then they told us "Oh, wait. We have to push X back." Wouldn't more people be pissed about the fact that there's a delay or that they just haven't been informed yet? Really, its harder to make up an excuse than to not tell someone.

And about WB... people CHOOSE to do WB runs all day, night, and morning of their own accord. They were given what they asked for, a challenge, and basically said "this is too hard."

Tubby
Oct 15, 2008, 09:25 PM
Ok, I'm EXTREMELY patient, and I'm about to cancel..lol.

Same here, and I pretty much feel the same way. :(

ANIMEniac
Oct 15, 2008, 10:05 PM
Translating takes a lot longer than you think then, especially something this size.

mmm i guess. im only thinking of translating new dialougue and item lists/quest/mission things. i understand very basic coding, and im learning japanese, so i feel like that just need to find the "print to screen" coding that deals with text and translate that from japanese to english.

thats just how i feel. what would be nice is for one of the admins like Chill to make a blog about the true process of the transition from JP to EU/US. that way we can atleast be more understanding, and we dont have to get banned off the official site for complaining and talking bad :P

Powder Keg
Oct 15, 2008, 11:54 PM
Well, I just "prayed away" my subscription. My next billing date is in two days, I hope I'm not in pending cancel for too long.

I have a very high tolerance level, but I've really had enough of this.

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 16, 2008, 12:08 AM
mmm i guess. im only thinking of translating new dialougue and item lists/quest/mission things. i understand very basic coding, and im learning japanese, so i feel like that just need to find the "print to screen" coding that deals with text and translate that from japanese to english.

thats just how i feel. what would be nice is for one of the admins like Chill to make a blog about the true process of the transition from JP to EU/US. that way we can atleast be more understanding, and we dont have to get banned off the official site for complaining and talking bad :P

Or people could just stop complaining ^^;

Sydz
Oct 16, 2008, 12:26 AM
Anyone else have Deja Vu from all this? "SEGA DIDNT UPDATE THIS WEEK! NO FAMITSU!" Just relax, take a break from the game if need be. It will be here when it gets here.

DreXxiN
Oct 16, 2008, 12:41 AM
Anyone else have Deja Vu from all this? "SEGA DIDNT UPDATE THIS WEEK! NO FAMITSU!" Just relax, take a break from the game if need be. It will be here when it gets here.

If it was free I wouldn't mind, they can't make ANY deadline, so that's one reason I'm canceling for a bit.

Free servers are often ran better than this..

Powder Keg
Oct 16, 2008, 12:49 AM
Even back then, it wasn't as bad. Once we hit the first billing error epidemic during MAG 1, that's when everything really started going downhill.

Kadajenova
Oct 16, 2008, 03:02 AM
I heard some GM said sega(c) plan to release this event next week, well i won't believe it until I can play the event. I wonder, sega can release new chapter and lv cap150 too, it won't hurt >.>

It's electric carnival, not electrical sorry, i dunno how to edit title >.>

Eleina
Oct 16, 2008, 03:09 AM
Chill said it was highly unlikly (Understand no chance in hell) that it will start on the 24th.

fay
Oct 16, 2008, 05:23 AM
these GMs need to talk to each other before saying things. there words all go against each other ¬_¬

ANIMEniac
Oct 16, 2008, 05:53 AM
like a Nam veteran... i keep having flashbacks to PSOX *shudders

Cracka_J
Oct 16, 2008, 08:04 AM
Free servers are often ran better than this..

I agree 200%.

On the subject of deadlines though, they really don't have any to meet, and I think that's a big part of the problem. JP had an update schedule, while NA/EU has no plans, besides random in-game and on-site gm rumors. We just get the stuff as it trickles through or when sega jp decides to deliver it.

I have a sub until January, so I won't have an opportunity to judge what I should do until then. However, this whole thing seems more like a weeding out process now to lessen the blow when the servers get shut down. Just my opinion, but it seems more likely then not.

RedRaz0r
Oct 16, 2008, 11:17 AM
Raz0r wants events =[[[[[[

ThEoRy
Oct 16, 2008, 12:04 PM
like a Nam veteran... i keep having flashbacks to PSOX *shudders

Hey it's Rina! Christmas forever Yay!!!

Who wants a photon chair race!!!

Eleina
Oct 16, 2008, 02:07 PM
I have a sub until January, so I won't have an opportunity to judge what I should do until then. However, this whole thing seems more like a weeding out process now to lessen the blow when the servers get shut down. Just my opinion, but it seems more likely then not.They need a valid reason to close the server down. It's probably still making them a small profit. Make a few more players leave and PC/PS2 servers won't be profitable. XD

Kylie
Oct 16, 2008, 07:42 PM
Next week: Halloween + Ep. 3 Ch. 6

Two weeks after THEN: Lightning Carnival

Likely? Idunno. Kylie's preference? Hell yes.

autumn
Oct 16, 2008, 07:54 PM
I haven't seen more the 1 star in universe 2 the last few days I've been on.... its really depressing. I don't think that a new event is going to even begin to fix the damage that has been done to the PC/PS2 population. I won't quit because I still haver things I want from this game but everywhere seems empty and a lot of the people I used to see on all the time, even just AFKing haven't been online in months....

Powder Keg
Oct 16, 2008, 09:05 PM
It probably won't. I wouldn't even expect to see more than three stars by the time it gets here. A lot of people like to say "Well you're taking this a little too seriously" etc but the way I see it is we're paying for an incomplete game that is showing no signs of being complete anywhere close to the near future. If you've followed up on their history, Sega has been unable to focus on more than one thing at a time since their existence. One they start a new project, whatever was before it ends.

DAMASCUS
Oct 17, 2008, 12:12 AM
They need a valid reason to close the server down. It's probably still making them a small profit. Make a few more players leave and PC/PS2 servers won't be profitable. XD

I get the feeling more and more that the PC/PS2 version in the US is just an extension of the XBox 360 version. Which explain why they didn't bother advertising or offering a demo since they would be banking on the XBox in JPN which is on the same schedule as for the US. While that doesn't quite make sense, you have to admit that the exclusion of the download character option for PS-P makes more sense from the XBox perspective since they can't do that anyway and plans would have to be made to allow them to obtain Rapia Fluge and the other unlockables with that promotion.

XBox 360 PSU is what is keeping the PC/PS2 servers going but also mean we are at the whim of the Xbox JPN schedule. We'll get what we get when we get it. Looking at Japans release is exciting but ultimately just painful if you try to compare their orange with our...overripe banana

lumia fanatic
Oct 20, 2008, 06:09 AM
i hope we do get the lighting carnival ive stocked up on zon-photons for the zon-sphere thingys lol

lumia fanatic
Oct 20, 2008, 08:33 AM
and if it doesnt ill be depressed cus people want to skip the event for the master classes and i dont see why they should!?