PDA

View Full Version : Some Basic Info and Help Needed ^^

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Oct 14, 2008, 04:01 AM
Heya,

I just started playing PSU again a few weeks ago, but i'm wanting to change my main Lv 78 character from a Foretefighter to a Fortetecher. The only problem is I need a bit of info about techers.

Firstly the TP on items, if that is higher does it basically boost the technique equipped to that item? So if I have level 5 Foie with a wand which has higher TP it'll do more damage than with a wand of lesser TP?

Secondly...the Tech MAG's do their TP and PP get added to my characters total? I used to have a Preta mag which would shoot at enemies so does this one cast techniques at enemies?

I think that's all my questions for now, although I know i'm probably going to rely on melee more with my character than techs.

Any info would be much appreciated ^^ Oh yeah, and if anyone wants to do some White Beast runs this evening to help me level up my Force type and help me get to Fortetecher i'd be grateful

acier287
Oct 14, 2008, 04:16 AM
ok ill try to help

TP is the equivalent to power so yah the more Tp you have the harder you will hit
Tcsms are separate weapons meaning that the stats are individually applied when used with another weapon

Think of TCSM's as a left handed wand. you need to manually cast the spell

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 14, 2008, 04:20 AM
Heya,

I just started playing PSU again a few weeks ago, but i'm wanting to change my main Lv 78 character from a Foretefighter to a Fortetecher. The only problem is I need a bit of info about techers.

Firstly the TP on items, if that is higher does it basically boost the technique equipped to that item? So if I have level 5 Foie with a wand which has higher TP it'll do more damage than with a wand of lesser TP?

Secondly...the Tech MAG's do their TP and PP get added to my characters total? I used to have a Preta mag which would shoot at enemies so does this one cast techniques at enemies?

I think that's all my questions for now, although I know i'm probably going to rely on melee more with my character than techs.

Any info would be much appreciated ^^ Oh yeah, and if anyone wants to do some White Beast runs this evening to help me level up my Force type and help me get to Fortetecher i'd be grateful

Your first question: Yes. Tech is in essence the attack power of technics, which means the more you have the more damage you will do with your technics.

Your second question: Yes and no. Tech MAGs are sort of "Technic Guns" in the fact that they take up your off-hand and you can select them to cast techs off of. THey are nice because they let you cast a smidge faster than a wand and have very nice PP on them, although out of rods, wands, and MAGs they have the lowest Tech (typically).

Since you said that you will be relying on melee more than techs, I'd suggest acrotecher more than fortetecher since FTs only get striking PAs up to Lv10.

I've seen some pretty effective Melee/Tech Acrotechers and they seem to work out well.

Fortetecher is better if you plan on solely being a tech user.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Oct 14, 2008, 04:22 AM
Cool, thanks for the info :) So the TCSM's Tp and PP are added to the characters total? So if i had say 300 TP and the TCSM had 400 would my total be 700?

acier287
Oct 14, 2008, 04:25 AM
thats correct