PDA

View Full Version : I hear lightning carnival....

unicorn
Oct 14, 2008, 02:53 PM
sucks? Is this true? o.o Would we be better off just skipping it? I mean...we're kinda YEAR behind JP in updates.

landman
Oct 14, 2008, 02:58 PM
Not a year, TWO years, I mean, THREE!!!

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 14, 2008, 03:01 PM
It seems interesting to me....although i think the market is going to be crazy (for all the people who have a stack of a stack of zon-photons :P

ashley50
Oct 14, 2008, 03:03 PM
one way to find out is...

waiting for it.

Since every player has their own opinions on Every Event...some like it, some don't.
so best is to experience it yourself.

Alastor_Haven
Oct 14, 2008, 03:09 PM
Hearing it =/= Playing it

Two different things

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 14, 2008, 03:10 PM
one way to find out is...

waiting for it.

Since every player has their own opinions on Every Event...some like it, some don't.
so best is to experience it yourself.

So far i liked every event but they get boring at one point
I loved the first MAG but the second one was boring.

GBR neudaiz got boring doing the same set of missions of n over......but hey everything gets boring at a point. This event will be difference since it was multipe types of missions....

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 14, 2008, 03:11 PM
Hearing it =/= Playing it

Two different things
Im aware of that :P but in some cases you can take a guess how it will be.....i think it will be alright.....for the first 2 weeks :-o

Syl
Oct 14, 2008, 03:11 PM
I hear a lot of things suck but people can still enjoy them?!

Impossible!

IrisForscythe
Oct 14, 2008, 03:12 PM
I just want my Yasha from the event.

Darius_Drake
Oct 14, 2008, 03:15 PM
So far i liked every event but they get boring at one point
I loved the first MAG but the second one was boring.

GBR neudaiz got boring doing the same set of missions of n over......but hey everything gets boring at a point. This event will be difference since it was multipe types of missions....

I personally lost interest with the Neudaiz GBR due to the slow down caused by certain missions. I didn't lose interest in the Moatoob GBR. Also I am looking forward to the lightning carnival event. It actually sounds different than all of the other events. All of the other events were just repeating a mission over and over. In this case you have duels, quizzes, missions and basically the magical word called variety. I am actually looking forward to this event.

Syaoran_69
Oct 14, 2008, 03:25 PM
I personally don't care about the event itself, mostly just the fact that I have like 60+ stacks of zon-photons. If we were to "skip the event" then I would be making... a lot of lightning weapons.

Golto
Oct 14, 2008, 03:30 PM
Ugh now the earliest we can expect this event is Oct 31st. They should just skip this event and put a yasha in everyone's common box. They need to hire a professional translator that can work at a faster pace than 1 syllable a day.

Dark Emerald EXE
In this case you have duels, quizzes, missions and basically the magical word called variety.
This ^_^

i'm curious to see how the survival missions will be like(the two missions with the 11 stages)

Kizeragi
Well, if this event was skipped, alot of people would complain, because lots of good and needed items drop from it. and the rest would complain that we would fall further behind JP, probably.

Kinda Lose or Lose ya?
Can't make everyone happy, sadly.

And "variety" as Darius states, will make this event, a "win" event.

joefro
Oct 14, 2008, 03:59 PM
I personally don't care about the event itself, mostly just the fact that I have like 60+ stacks of zon-photons. If we were to "skip the event" then I would be making... a lot of lightning weapons.

Are you hoping to "Cash In" on those when the carnival hits? I can't wait to see how much people charge for these.

Just fyi, 1 Zon-Sphere=3 Stacks of Zon-Photons. :-P

Turb0
Oct 14, 2008, 04:14 PM
Ugh now the earliest we can expect this event is Oct 31st Nov 7th. They should just skip this event and put a yasha in everyone's common box. They need to hire a professional translator that can work at a faster pace than 1 syllable a day.

Fixed, they said updates were scheduled 2 weeks apart. I expect they'll take as much time as they can.

Ryno
Oct 14, 2008, 05:04 PM
sucks? Is this true? o.o Would we be better off just skipping it? I mean...we're kinda YEAR behind JP in updates.

if it is not that good i would still do it, becuase htere are no other missions right now if it comes.

( white beast >_< )

Powder Keg
Oct 14, 2008, 05:10 PM
I wonder if we'll even find out if it sucks or not.

But really, being behind a year is still no excuse to skip events....boring or not, the event has items that people would like to obtain.

LightBreaker
Oct 14, 2008, 05:10 PM
Uh, considering there was an update last week that should mean there is something scheduled for the 23rd. Unless you count the hal broadcast as an update... :|

Kamica
Oct 14, 2008, 05:17 PM
Who said that the carnival sucks? Survival offers fun every time. Guaranteed.

Powder Keg
Oct 14, 2008, 05:18 PM
Is that a George Foreman Guarantee?

Umberger
Oct 14, 2008, 05:27 PM
Is that a George Foreman Guarantee?

It's a Billy Mays guarantee.

Powder Keg
Oct 14, 2008, 05:48 PM
It's a Billy Mays guarantee.

Damn. If that's the case, then I don't think anyone should suggest skipping it from here on out...

lanvandam
Oct 14, 2008, 06:22 PM
how do u get the holy ray

Turb0
Oct 14, 2008, 06:27 PM
how do u get the holy ray

idk about the regular one, but the /D version:

Could be acquired in April 2008 on the Japanese servers by answering all quiz questions correctly in the Dengeki quiz mission.

Gen2000
Oct 14, 2008, 06:36 PM
Ugh now the earliest we can expect this event is Oct 31st. They should just skip this event and put a yasha in everyone's common box. They need to hire a professional translator that can work at a faster pace than 1 syllable a day.

lol.

This is probably true though, sadly.

pikachief
Oct 14, 2008, 09:37 PM
even if it sux, i've liked every event besides MAG.

MAG WAS TERRIBLE!

they can add a 5% increase to drops and exp to white beast C-S and it would've been a better event than that >.>

so idc how bad it is, its not as bad as that and i cant wait for ti!

(also we wont have the full survival event till the last week probably so it'll get boring after the first week then good again at the end :P )

Noblewine
Oct 14, 2008, 09:57 PM
I'm still going to try it. I waited and my patience will pay off, I want to see what they are going to do with this event.

GaNksTa
Oct 14, 2008, 11:25 PM
I'm sorry but, Fable II > Lightning Carnival...

What's with the bad timings with events; didn't MAG Part 1 come out with GTA4?

unicorn
Oct 14, 2008, 11:51 PM
I'm still going to try out the event, but a LOT of JP players werent pleased with this event. I heard the other two events were better.

Xefi
Oct 15, 2008, 12:58 AM
if they're going to skip the event, then i hope
Sega Team would at least give us the Yasha
and Lightning Beast S2 to spam for new rares.

I'll take anything the almighty Sega Team throw
at us for now; it's like a miracle we'll get anything
at all. :|

Para
Oct 15, 2008, 01:10 AM
Try it first.

WhiteKnight01
Oct 15, 2008, 01:18 AM
can i get the opinion of someone whos played the lightning carnival on the jp servers, did you have fun for the full event or did it ger reptivave like some of the other events after a point, iv also stacked enough zon-photons to play one run but rember that sphers are easy to get just takes a little time and a party that knows what to do.

Alecc
Oct 15, 2008, 04:07 AM
no matter what people say, iŽm still excited about carnival. It sounds like a very nice event, with diff things to do. Not to mention weŽll have some new drops, hopefully people coming back and..well.. something to do :D