PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Beta players have been on for over 2 years now yay!

pikachief
Oct 14, 2008, 10:46 PM
I was bored so i looked up how old this is and saw that the beta was 2 years 3 days ago form today :D

who else has been playing since the beta? (or for more than 2 years now)

McLaughlin
Oct 14, 2008, 11:05 PM
I have been. At this point, I'm probably more disappointed in myself than proud, though.

pikachief
Oct 14, 2008, 11:10 PM
yea i know >.>

i still remember the excitement and fun i had during the beta tho :)

it was like OMG OMG SUV!!?!? D: WUTS THAT

and a lot of LOLOL SHOTGUNS R TEH SUX0RZ AND SO ARE LIGHTNING STUFFS

:/

WhiteKnight01
Oct 15, 2008, 01:24 AM
if i knew there was a beta od psu my id would be alot lower but i didnt so i did not get on until feb or march of 2007

jaddavie
Oct 15, 2008, 03:45 AM
I have been. At this point, I'm probably more disappointed in myself than proud, though.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

funnymatt
Oct 15, 2008, 03:49 AM
I've been around since the first Beta. I remember that they had to move the dates it would initially be active for some reason. I just logged in to see what the new control scheme was like; I already knew I'd be playing PSU online.

Midicronica
Oct 15, 2008, 04:48 AM

I'm in this group, as well.

funnymatt
Oct 15, 2008, 05:09 AM
I should also point out that I am very satisfied with the support Sega has shown this game. I guess I just have a different expectation level than most posters on here, but I've been playing since launch. I think things have gotten much better over time, and I'll be playing this game until I either accomplish every goal I have in it, or they take down the servers. The population seems to be holding steady and balloons during events, so I think the 360 is doing rather well for an online game. I also played DC PSO from launch day, so I'm fairly old school with on-line Phantasy Star games.

joefro
Oct 15, 2008, 07:22 AM
I remember waiting during the night for the Beta to appear, I downloaded it with the intention of liking it, then I played it and hated it. When I heard that an expansion was coming I said I'd buy it and try it, I liked it and I've played since about two weeks before the expansion. I kinda wish that I would have played from day one though, I just hated the beta/demo.

RikaPSOW
Oct 15, 2008, 11:25 AM
I've been here since the opening beta too. Yayz.

ForteGunnerW
Oct 15, 2008, 11:39 AM
yea i know >.>

i still remember the excitement and fun i had during the beta tho :)

it was like OMG OMG SUV!!?!? D: WUTS THAT

and a lot of LOLOL SHOTGUNS R TEH SUX0RZ AND SO ARE LIGHTNING STUFFS

:/

ive been playing 2 years LOL i still aint capped tho im slow at leveling... but yeah i remember crea doubles being like 30mil no one had more than 200k tho Lol 2 unis full... i miss those days

Darius_Drake
Oct 15, 2008, 01:03 PM
I remember playing the Beta and the first time I saw somebody get the second part of the saber skill. That person was the master to the rest of us. We thought that was soo cool. Wow, it didn't take much back then. LOL.

Kizeragi
Oct 15, 2008, 01:15 PM
Also been around since beta/demo days. The game was more fun back then though. *sigh*

jayster
Oct 15, 2008, 02:00 PM
I'v played since the beta. It's been a long 2 years.

norrisj15
Oct 15, 2008, 02:58 PM

yea :(

bp_shoruko
Oct 15, 2008, 03:32 PM
Me...

Ryno
Oct 15, 2008, 03:34 PM
i remember playing the beta. i didnt even know what t do at 1st. it is like 1st learning your drivers.
and then when PSU came out i recieved liek a free PSU disc for music. from EB games.. lol

HyperShot-X-
Oct 16, 2008, 12:05 AM
eh..i preordered my copy from Gamestop after the beta and didn't get a bonus copy of PSU soundtrack cd :(.. maybe i should look for a copy of PSU original soundtrack sometime when i get a chance, mmm.
So, it's been 2 yrs already since the launch and i'm thinking we're at about half point in PSU's lifespan looking forward to all the upcoming updates and the new expansion to come in the next 2 or more yrs hopefully.
2 yrs went pretty fast for me working full time and being busy playing PSU in my spare time, i logged in just over 3100 hrs online on all 4 chars during 2 yrs that's 52 wks x 2 yrs = 104 wks, 3100/104 = 29.80 hrs per week average. I'm kinda surprised at the amount of time i spent on this game because I've always thought of myself as more of casual player far away from those hardcore full time elites..:P

I've been hooked to PSU ever since the beta, back then even the most basic single saber PA 2nd combo move was so cool and revolutionary compared to the old boring PSO's 3 hit weak-weak-hard combo system. Since then I enjoyed lvling new PAs and liked using most of strike weps offered in the game, later it was blast to raise techer & gunner on alt chars on different races, and it was always fun to try out other hybrid classes when my char's main job was maxed out. Once in a while there were event updates and it kept me busy having fun while it lasted.

Then it got even better when AOTI came, new missions/weps/PAs/items/jobs, improved performance, enhanced sound FX's, gameplay balances, grinding system fix, just attack/counter, etc. but it also came with few bugs & glitches too, mass grinder dupes that came & gone with some banned accts. and the annoying robot slow down bug that plagued Neudaz GBR & some other important missions which ST was not able to crush completely so far upto now.

I know there is no such thing as a perfect game especially on MORPGs such as PSU. Back in the days of PSO, all I ever really wanted was to play on an online environment free of hacks/duped/glitched items and bugs where there is a chance for every new players to play the game legitly with others as it was meant to be played. In that respect, I believe PSU did outstanding job of achieving and leading to the next level of online gaming evolution.
I am fortunate to be one of those ppl who are proud to be playing since the beta and will enjoy keep playing for the coming yrs. I believe that the key to fully enjoy PSU experience is to control your own playing time regularly not to burn yourself out. It might be easier said than done when you can't tell yourself how deeply you are addicted on spending time online. In my case, i had no choice but to force myself to be at work everyday. :)

ThEoRy
Oct 16, 2008, 12:01 PM
if i knew there was a beta od psu my id would be alot lower but i didnt so i did not get on until feb or march of 2007

ID numbers didn't carry over I believe. Also I didn't receive my 360 from amazon until after the beta closed although i knew I would be buying it regardless.

P.S. a lot is actually two words. I'm sorry I'm not really the grammar police, but that one just really bugs me. Again I'm real sorry for that.

Akaimizu
Oct 16, 2008, 01:19 PM
I'm a beta player that got the full. ID numbers didn't carry over at all. Heck, if they did, I'd have a much smaller number. I got the game opening day, but couldn't play until that evening. Funny enough, over 6000 players joined before that night even arrived.