PDA

View Full Version : Another 'Should I play again?' thread

Pandatron
Oct 15, 2008, 01:13 PM
Didn't want to hi-jack the other thread so made a new one: I'm interested in getting back into PSO... something to pass the time before RO DS and PSŲ come out (in JP, might wait on US version). Just wanted to throw in a general questions:

What is the general population for the PC/PS2 and Xbox Servers star wise? (Have the JP/US versions for the PC but don't mind considering investing in the Xbox version).

How's the economy for PC/PS2 and Xbox respectivly? (If anyone has JP info that'd be great)

Is it too late to join now? I stopped around level 60 with the Agata A Rank Ruins and just started the storyline missions (likewise have the storyline missions progressed at all).

Does the machine and/or grinder glitch exploit still exist?

What time zone do most of yall play in?

Checked PSUpedia is the level cap 130 and class cap 20 (for expert types)?

Is it difficult to find groups while leveling as well as toward the end of the game?

How is the attitude of the general population?...I know the pso-world community has been great but there's always those random people in U1 way back that randomly would annoy me at times.

For the PAs are the rate of creating items still ridicously? The one fact I did enjoy was that items you created had a chance of failure, the feel of the gamble was quite nice.

Lastly how often are the updates, still once every 1-3 months give or take?

Think that covers most of the concerns I have at this time. Any assistance would be appreciated. :D

DreXxiN
Oct 15, 2008, 01:36 PM
What is the general population for the PC/PS2 and Xbox Servers star wise? (Have the JP/US versions for the PC but don't mind considering investing in the Xbox version).

Very small..we are barely holding up. Sega is doing horrible with content.

How's the economy for PC/PS2 and Xbox respectivly? (If anyone has JP info that'd be great)

It's pretty balanced out now, not much inflation..and you can gear yourself up with some decent A rank or S rank gear real cheap now. However, the super inflation of some items makes it a bit rediculous (Red / Knight, Psycho Wand, etc)

Is it too late to join now? I stopped around level 60 with the Agata A Rank Ruins and just started the storyline missions (likewise have the storyline missions progressed at all).

Yes, we have SEVERAL new story missions, all cool. You need some of the items from the AoI ones to trade in a mission called "Clothes n' Parts", where there's some really neat stuff to wear.

Does the machine and/or grinder glitch exploit still exist?

No, but some of the grinders on 360 are probably still cheaper than they should be due to some still laying around, pretty much cleared up though.

What time zone do most of yall play in?

Americans when the sun is up and the French when it's down! (and occasionally up)

Checked PSUpedia is the level cap 130 and class cap 20 (for expert types)?

Nope, cap is 140, but yeah class is 20 for everything, including basic (Though this makes no difference)

Is it difficult to find groups while leveling as well as toward the end of the game?

While admitedly, there are lots of locked parties, it shouldn't be too hard of a problem to find a group on S or S2 ranks.

How is the attitude of the general population?...I know the pso-world community has been great but there's always those random people in U1 way back that randomly would annoy me at times.

Well there are some assholes still, but likewise as the result of a small community, it's generally surprisingly mature and/or kind

For the PAs are the rate of creating items still ridicously? The one fact I did enjoy was that items you created had a chance of failure, the feel of the gamble was quite nice.

Nope, higher success rates, and much higher for S ranks; however, it occasionally feels like it's just 50/50 XP

Lastly how often are the updates, still once every 1-3 months give or take?

Sadly yeah...and sometimes small updates thrown in biweekly. It'll be an exciting return for you I beleive.

Think that covers most of the concerns I have at this time. Any assistance would be appreciated. :D

Sure man; if you come back let me know if you need some assistance catching up. PM me if you wish, I'll try my best.