PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea

TalHex
Oct 15, 2008, 02:38 PM
okay so i've got a problem, i want to get one of the Disgaea game and i have no idea which one i should start with (do you have to play them in order or what?), anyways anybody have any recommendations?

Larian
Oct 15, 2008, 03:01 PM
Well...the first one was the best...So I would say go with that one...but good luck finding it. You would be better getting the PSP one in that case...

Sord
Oct 15, 2008, 03:07 PM
If you get the first one, you'll probably wind up ordering it online from somewhere.

Outrider
Oct 15, 2008, 04:43 PM
Well, it looks like you've got three flavors to choose from:

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness for Playstation 2
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness for Playstation Portable
Disgaea DS for Nintendo DS

They're all available on Amazon with the PS2 version going for about $20 and the portable versions each going for about $28.

You've got options, yo.

Retniwreven
Oct 15, 2008, 07:23 PM
They re-released the original PS2 one as a greatest hits version, so it's not too hard to find now.
The PSP one is pretty much the same, just with more features, like Etna mode, records keeping, an extra character or two, etc.
The DS one apparently has yet another special mode, but has dumbed down graphics, severely limited voice acting, and lags like hell, from what a friend tells me.

It's probably best going Dis1-Dis2-Dis3 so you get some of the in-jokes, though Makai Kingdom, Phantom Brave, Rhapsody, and La Pucelle Tactics might be needed to understand all of the cameos.

raikomaru40
Oct 16, 2008, 06:46 AM
I'm gonna try the DS version.

Larian
Oct 16, 2008, 09:48 AM
I might pick that one up eventually...but with all the cycles I have on my other Disgaea games...It would seem weird starting over without much to go with...I would like to see how they use the touch screen in it though...That would be the only reason...

TalHex
Oct 16, 2008, 02:11 PM
hmm i think i might go for the PSP one... the graphics on the PSP are fairly good, plus that etna mode sounds interesting

Tact
Oct 16, 2008, 02:41 PM
The DS version has that too, doesn't it?

Anyway, be sure to name all of your characters after us. :wacko:

TalHex
Oct 16, 2008, 02:54 PM
of course! but i want to get it for the PSP because i already have a ton for the DS

Larian
Oct 16, 2008, 04:29 PM
Anyway, be sure to name all of your characters after us. :wacko:

Dibs on the Male Fighter!! =D