PDA

View Full Version : Why did they abandon wind in the later games?

Mysterious-G
Oct 16, 2008, 12:24 PM
I was playing the old PS games again lately, and noticed (again) that wind technics only exist in the old games. They are my favorite technics in the games. But PSO replaced it with The Barta technics. So why do you think that they abandoned it? I think they would have been great in PSO, but maybe a bit odd in PSU, but I would love to see them back in PSZ. Sadly, I doubt that will happen, tho.

MaximusLight
Oct 16, 2008, 08:19 PM
You know I could see wind being like some pseudo telekinesis, would be cool I think.

*has not play the originals*

CelestialBlade
Oct 16, 2008, 08:27 PM
About the closest thing we get is Saint-Milion/Shambertin's giant tornado attack in PSO EP4 :P But yeah, the ZAN series of techs would be cool to see again.

And WAT is always going to be cooler than Barta.

Myphys
Oct 17, 2008, 06:35 AM
technics
I cried (techniques). I'm joking...

On a more serious note, Barta wasn't a replacement for Zan.

Wat = Vahta = Barta (B's and V's are interchangeable like R's and L's)
Or, I think my research is correct.

Zonde was the new technique introduced in PSO.
Wind (Zan) -> Lightning (Zonde)
I'm guessing they wanted the ice-fire-lightning cliche [barta-foie-zonde] seen in the Final Fantasy series (well, many other JRPG games probably had it too), and wind had nowhere to go.
It is kinda strange that they introduced "diga" series (earth) in PSU but left out wind.

And no, TSU (in the old series) was Grantsu (Grants) so don't say Zonde = Tsu. I know someone's bound to bring that up...

Also, "zan" was kinda in PSU. Some of the melee photon arts ended with -zan suffix. Yay(!).

But yeah, having a giant tornado technique like the boss did in PSO EP4 would be hilariously awesome.

Zorafim
Oct 17, 2008, 11:01 AM
At least the reintroduced the -gra series in PSU. Messing around with gravity was always cool.

And I'll agree. Tearing apart enemies with powerful torrents of water would be really nice.

Lance813
Oct 17, 2008, 07:56 PM
Zan = B.A.

Shadowpawn
Oct 17, 2008, 08:59 PM
But yeah, having a giant tornado technique like the boss did in PSO EP4 would be hilariously awesome.

You do have access to a wind ability in PSO, granted it is only for that ONE weapon (Giffion's Wing gives you the ability to make a giant tornado.)

ifitmoveskillit
Jan 15, 2009, 04:41 PM
well i know it is not as visual as grif. wing, but there was some kind of fan that on pso when you get the blade spining fast enough and use the special button you could hit enemys from a distance using wind? O_o

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 16, 2009, 04:12 PM
You may be thinking of the Lavis Cannon (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=137&sortby=name) (a saber) and several associated items, including a double saber (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=436) and daggers (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=217&sortby=name).

Magus_84
Jan 16, 2009, 07:26 PM
well i know it is not as visual as grif. wing, but there was some kind of fan that on pso when you get the blade spining fast enough and use the special button you could hit enemys from a distance using wind? O_o

Windmill.

Gal Wind was a piercing yellow blade, which you could call "wind".

Plaintain Huge fan fired a tornado ball...thing.

CelestialBlade
Jan 16, 2009, 07:44 PM
Oh my god. I want tornado weapons and I want them now.