PDA

View Full Version : AotI what is this Tech visual fix?

Kaiae0667
Oct 16, 2008, 11:51 PM
Graphics modifications
* Attack TECHNIC visuals will be adjusted at LV31+ so that only the caster will see the effect. Everyone else will see the TECHNIC in its LV21-30 form.

(**This was posted from PSUpedia in the Upcoming Events section**)

Um...what on earth is this?
If this means what I think it does I kinda want to straight up quit being a techer right now. Anyone else have anything to say on this?

Oh and forget MasterTecher now...lvl 50 attack spells pfft.
Yay, I have a lvl 50 Megid but sadly it looks like a tiny puffball that couldn't hurt a lvl 1 pannon let alone eight lvl. 165 Magashi's.

Complex_Jao
Oct 16, 2008, 11:58 PM
everyone in the party will see 21-30 techs to get rid of lag

funnymatt
Oct 17, 2008, 12:03 AM
Half the fun of casting technics is causing slowdown for the douchenozzles that scatter enemies all over the screen.

pikachief
Oct 17, 2008, 12:05 AM
i find it funny how u cant SHOW OFF to people who DONT CARE and every techer in the game crys a river of tears.

the only people who care about no one else being able to see your techs, are the people who are casting them in the first place! lol

Kaiae0667
Oct 17, 2008, 12:05 AM

Whether it fixes 'some' of the lag or not is mute.
I work on computers and do Web Design as my job on a daily basis. You can fix lag without doing that.

No 'true techers' are going to want to be a techer anymore. What's the fun of having a massive diga ball or megid flying across the screen if no one can see it?

Not to mention that will only fix lag in missions techers are in.
It's not going to do jack to fix oh say...Flowery Pursuit, where when you walk in if you have more than 1 person with you lag so bad you have to restart your 360 after the mission.

Turb0
Oct 17, 2008, 12:07 AM
Definitely not looking forward to that. I don't play on my techer much right now anyway but once we get that update I doubt I'll have any motivation at all to play as a techer.

NeLsOn027
Oct 17, 2008, 12:12 AM
I'm not going to wanna play as my techer when this update comes..and wuts the point of going Masterforce if the caster will be the only one to see the spell's effect is the caster..i mean yea lvl 50 spells will be fun but nobody will be able to see it...i dont think its a good idea at all..

BFGfreak
Oct 17, 2008, 12:12 AM
i find it funny how u cant SHOW OFF to people who DONT CARE and every techer in the game crys a river of tears.

the only people who care about no one else being able to see your techs, are the people who are casting them in the first place! lol

And if I want to set up a screenshot of 6 level 50 death balls? Not to mention that most of the tech lag issues are the spells themselves. As a fighter, I can say with absolute certianty that a level 1 ramegid lags about much as a level 40 ramegid, therefore, it's only purpose it to tick off the techers. (thank god my female newman is ready for fighmaster when it comes out)

Gen2000
Oct 17, 2008, 12:32 AM
It only affects other users ability to see your lagballs and lagbooms. The user of the techs can see them in all their glory. Any "true techer" wouldn't give damn...kind of a blessing since most people don't like partying with techers because of the lagness they bring anyways.

The funny thing is that this won't fix anything really, lv.20 Rafoie causes just as much slowdown if not more than it's 31/41+ brothers for example.

mvffin
Oct 17, 2008, 12:41 AM
Dambarta seems to be worse at 21-30 than any other level range. = \

ThEoRy
Oct 17, 2008, 12:46 AM
very old news.

Majarra
Oct 17, 2008, 12:50 AM
Uhh this doesnt fix anything. Any Ra- or Dam- tech will still make everything collapse. And if i want to see uber BOOM RAR EAT LAZER FIRE OWN PWN MWHAH .........youtube.com. Well atleast Fm will mop up everythin before the techer can make my 360 kill itself.:-D

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 17, 2008, 12:56 AM
I'm not a techer but even i like to see the techer's work of progress. Looks like the only way to see them its youtube :-o

ashley50
Oct 17, 2008, 01:10 AM
I'm not going to wanna play as my techer when this update comes..and wuts the point of going Masterforce if the caster will be the only one to see the spell's effect is the caster..i mean yea lvl 50 spells will be fun but nobody will be able to see it...i dont think its a good idea at all..

so you're saying you play MF for the light/lagshow?
its good for the PS2 players and those who have average spec PC users

very old news.

My thoughts exactly...

I'm not a techer but even i like to see the techer's work of progress. Looks like the only way to see them its youtube :-o

or playing a techer yourself? without the crap youtube quality?

[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/ashley_riot/1202979442323.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Chuck_Norris
Oct 17, 2008, 01:22 AM
I think it's a great idea. (But every single PC user is going to disagree. >_>)

HyperShot-X-
Oct 17, 2008, 01:57 AM
When it comes to attach techs, I do notice considerable slow down when others cast like Lv31+ Rafoi or Ramegid that covers the whole screen with visual effect, and honestly, yes it's very annoying as much as Dambarta effect. But, support techs are a whole different story like resta LV31+.

I know using those attack techs are as much annoying as someone using Jabroga with Axe or Tornado dance with Double saber on smaller enemy mobs, most experienced players know when not to use these 'ultimate' moves to avoid ruining gaming experience for others in the party.
I coudn't complain when slicer PA got nerfed, and I would accept this tech effect update if it improves game play for the whole party at the cost of not being able to show off one's attack tech effects to others. I would be content just seeing the effects myself only.

I wouldn't play techer just to have fun showing off how bigger my tech effect is than everyone else's if it's causing massive slow down to others everytime I cast it.

tirith
Oct 17, 2008, 01:58 AM
chuck norris is right, i'm a pc user and i disagree, I don't play my techer much anymore, but i'd like to see other's accomplishments w/out havin to go through their inventory to see if they've been playin their class for a while or not.

and it would b nice to c a few death balls on screen at once like another poster mentioned.

moomoopenguin
Oct 17, 2008, 02:02 AM
so help me god if they start messing with the support techs i will be pissed at that point

Chuck_Norris
Oct 17, 2008, 02:05 AM
so help me god if they start messing with the support techs i will be pissed at that point

Right, because we all need to see the absolute horror that is 41+ Resta. :disapprove:

moomoopenguin
Oct 17, 2008, 02:08 AM
eh resta at 41+ is quiet scary but the buffs are lovely past 41 and it seems like such a waste to spend 50+ hours lvling everything to just have it nerfed

Oct 17, 2008, 02:14 AM
personally i think it'll be kinda funny to see what appears to be a level 21 foie or diga doing lvl 50 dmg. but that's just me. if it helps the lag (which i doubt) that'll be great. If not, just another wasted effort that'll piss people off. I wouldn't stop using my techer because of that though

Chuck_Norris
Oct 17, 2008, 02:17 AM
eh resta at 41+ is quiet scary but the buffs are lovely past 41 and it seems like such a waste to spend 50+ hours lvling everything to just have it nerfed

The nerf DOES NOT affect the spell's preformance! IT ONLY LOOKS SMALLER.

moomoopenguin
Oct 17, 2008, 02:18 AM
but it's so pretty T-T why you hating the pretty buffs

moomoopenguin
Oct 17, 2008, 02:26 AM
ok let's look at it this way. you took all this time to level something, you're proud of it and would like to show it to other people. i mean come on technics take the longest to lvl out of all the pa's now. yeah i'm sorry they cause lag for people in the party. but that's not the techers fault now is it. so let's punish them for sega's mistake. i am a techer i spend a lot of time lvling my techs and sometimes i would like to show off simply for the sake of my ego yes. but instead of messing with one class's pa's they should be getting to the bottom of the lag issues themselves.

Clint
Oct 17, 2008, 02:31 AM
OH MY GOD :-o >.>

I play on the Japanese servers it's nothing I realy don't notice because when Im casting im not watching other techers cast. And if I do the visual is nerfed big deal. Unless you have a, I wanna show off complex you wont notice anything. You still see your evolutions on your techs :D

Oh yeah wanted to add, people with 512 Megs of RAM and running Celeron processors it might be time to upgrade ^^;

-Clint lvl 140 FT-20 / AT-20 / WT-10 US
-Kurinto lvl 160 FT-20 / MF-20 / WT-10 JP

ashley50
Oct 17, 2008, 02:32 AM
...as long as you can see it yourself, isn't that enough?

i mean come on technics take the longest to lvl out of all the pa's now.

They've always been...since v1.

moomoopenguin
Oct 17, 2008, 02:35 AM
i do too. and it's not my fault the 360 has such a crap graphics card running in it. my character that actually does have the higher techs is on the 360, and i feel the pain of knowing the lag issue. but i know what would happen if they did something like this to the melee pa's too. if they knew the consoles wouldn't be able to handle it then they should have left the level cap at 30.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 17, 2008, 03:08 AM
^ This would have been a huge gyp to techers. All you get for melee PAs going from level 11, to 21, to 31 etc is more power and a different color glow. Bullets look the same. No flashy over the top animations = no reduction.

The smarter thing to do, at least for PC users is they should have had that Video Setting like with WoW and most other PC games.

Umberger
Oct 17, 2008, 03:49 AM
it's not my fault the 360 has such a crap graphics card running in it.

Uh...it has nothing to do with the 360's hardware. The drop in frame rate is due to SEGA's poor coding of the 360 version of the game.

BahnKnakyu
Oct 17, 2008, 03:55 AM
Has it ever occurred to anyone that the reason why they are implementing this graphical "nerf" is because of how BLINDING some of the level 31+/41+ techs are? The implementation was on the JP PC/PS2 side first, which doesn't suffer the lag as much as the X360 side does (and from what I can tell, SoJ doesn't give a shit about the X360), so I'd imagine it's probably because of user complaints about it giving people headaches...

Akaimizu
Oct 17, 2008, 06:34 AM
Machines with half the 360's power should be able to run Phantasy Star Universe well. Needless to say, the coding was really sloppy, across the board... Phantasy Star Portable (a game that actually put effort into optimizing the code for the hardware) proves that even more.

The blinding aspect might be a better reason for the tech visual change, though I think there could've been a better way to do it. I guess, in some way, it's kind of like how Techs were toned down in graphics between the Dreamcast v2 version and the Gamecube/Xbox ports. Of course, less people noticed that because quite a few of the players never played the Dreamcast version before.

DarkShadowX
Oct 17, 2008, 06:40 AM
Machines with half the 360's power should be able to run Phantasy Star Universe well. Needless to say, the coding was really sloppy, across the board... Phantasy Star Portable (a game that actually put effort into optimizing the code for the hardware) proves that even more.

The blinding aspect might be a better reason for the tech visual change, though I think there could've been a better way to do it. I guess, in some way, it's kind of like how Techs were toned down in graphics between the Dreamcast v2 version and the Gamecube/Xbox ports. Of course, less people noticed that because quite a few of the players never played the Dreamcast version before.

^ This

And where's the 'This is old news' option for the poll?

fay
Oct 17, 2008, 06:43 AM
its as i said before myself.
once this update is in place i qill either quit the game or just move on to playing a different character.

most likly the option will be that ill just quit since i find hunters boring and i cant play a gunenr forever without a change :/

just i get my techs to lv 40 aswell :(

Cracka_J
Oct 17, 2008, 07:59 AM
Not going to drudge up old feelings regarding this, there was quite a bit of drama that was created when this info was first released.

I will say though, something we can all probably agree on, that this "fix" is just another case of ST's laziness. Instead of properly addressing the problem and applying a proper fix, they have applied a blanket solution that must apply to everyone, regardless if they want it or not.

PC being the main issue here. Several friends are not techers, yet they have hi end PC's and want to see the gfx when they are released. They shouldn't have to be lumped in a category with everyone else when they can run things properly.

Lazy lazy ST.

fay
Oct 17, 2008, 08:19 AM
id love to just nuke sonic team with a lv 50 rafoie so they can se4 burn in hell every time i read something about this

Cracka_J
Oct 17, 2008, 08:25 AM
id love to just nuke sonic team with a lv 50 rafoie so they can se4 burn in hell every time i read something about this

It wouldn't work. They'd only be able to see a lvl 21 rafoie.

DarthLasek
Oct 17, 2008, 08:25 AM
The only one I care about is Dambarta....It blocks the whole screen when fully leveled...plus it makes you blind >.>

fay
Oct 17, 2008, 09:40 AM
It wouldn't work. They'd only be able to see a lvl 21 rafoie.

technically they would still feel the burn though :P
plus id still get the enjoyment of hitting them with lv 50 :D

Inazuma
Oct 17, 2008, 11:57 AM
before they made this change on jp ver, FM/GM players were pretty much unable to party w/ MFs. lag may be a problem but the main issue was massive fucking blinding techs. FM/GM players who got close to monsters simply couldnt see jack shit. tons of parties would ban MFs from joining for this reason so ST had to step in and do a quick half-ass fix.

to all the future MFs reading this, do you want to be able to party w/ FM/GM players? then you should be happy to receive the tech visuals adjustment.

desturel
Oct 17, 2008, 12:44 PM
To all of the people saying "so what, you can still see your own spells", I'd have to say there are a number of spells that you can't appreciate unless someone else is casting them.

Some of them you can't really see the effect unless someone else casting it yourself. Gi spells being the obvious example. Unless you hold your camera at a really weird angle, you won't be able to see what the entire Gi spell looks like unless someone else is casting it.

I'm not much of a Gi spell person myself (if feel they are mostly a waste of time, but that's a discussion for another time) so never bothered to level them up until a friend said he wanted to see what they looked like. He already had all of his Gi spells to 31, but he couldn't really "see" the entire effect. I leveled several of them so he could get an idea of how they looked to other people. Also viewing certain angles of the spells is impossible for the person casting.

Not that it's a big deal in my opinion. Since I'm not a Gi spell user, I'm not too worried about what the 41+ Gi spells look like. Sure I'll eventually work them up, but it won't be for regular use.

Syaoran_69
Oct 17, 2008, 12:56 PM
All they would have to do to fix the lag is add frame skip... but SEGA is a bunch of lazy douche bags who can't program worth a fuck. Sorry for swearing, I can't handle incompetence.

Marron_Shido
Oct 17, 2008, 01:27 PM
I honestly don't care as long as the spell range and damage isn't effected. :)

Kylie
Oct 17, 2008, 01:30 PM
It's not a good idea; it's a great idea! I used to think it was stupid, but after using techs more and thinking about it, I saw how much lag it really causes a PS2 player when another player, or more in many cases, uses 31+ techs. The game NEEDS to be upgraded to PS3, yes, but the fact remains that many JP players still play PSU on their PS2, so it makes sense from that angle. I welcome it with open arms.

Why hurt other players so that some can grow their e-peens?

Para
Oct 17, 2008, 01:42 PM
It's not a good idea; it's a great idea! I used to think it was stupid, but after using techs more and thinking about it, I saw how much lag it really causes a PS2 player when another player, or more in many cases, uses 31+ techs. The game NEEDS to be upgraded to PS3, yes, but the fact remains that many JP players still play PSU on their PS2, so it makes sense from that angle. I welcome it with open arms.

Why hurt other players so that some can grow their e-peens?
I agree. My comp lags from time to time because of these crazy tech graphics \= but you should be allowed to choose if you want to set this option on or off.

Marron_Shido
Oct 17, 2008, 01:45 PM
I agree with Kyle, this game is meant for everybody's enjoyment, so let's not get wounded egos over something that was meant for the better good. Plus I doubt any of you that plan to MF's want to deal with getting banned from parties because you techs blind other players. o_O

Zeek123
Oct 17, 2008, 01:53 PM
I think it's a great idea. (But every single PC user is going to disagree. >_>)

I'm a PC user, and I think not having to deal with the lags are great. I know seeing the techs in all their glory is something like a testament to how hard a force has worked for their techs, and I'll congratulate anyone who brags about the level of their techs, but making the game run smoothly should be priority number 1.

Sydz
Oct 17, 2008, 01:54 PM
It does strike me as a lazy solution. Why isn't it being implemented as an option for PC players at least? I can understand ps2 to an extent, but everything lags that version.

Treize K
Oct 17, 2008, 01:57 PM
Separate PC and PS2 lolz

Marron_Shido
Oct 17, 2008, 02:07 PM
Yes, let's please make our PC/PS2 player base even smaller. No thank you. :(

Noblewine
Oct 17, 2008, 02:38 PM
I'm undecided with this, I like using technics but will this really solve the lag problem. I don't really see the point to reducing them. The lag could be cause by other things but its their decision so what can you do?

Akaimizu
Oct 17, 2008, 02:40 PM
The reason they wont separate the PC users to allow the techs to not be reduced for onlookers is because they have to do the same thing for the PC.

Yeah, players will support the mentality of 'the solution for any slowdown problem is to throw more hardware at it', however SEGA already dug that hole by putting requirements and recommended hardware on their game information. It's still not well optimized by its performance on a lot of machines that meet recommended statistics. So yeah, they're probably considering that for PCs getting the same treatment.

Still, as others say, it may be more for visual complaints and/or issues than slowdown.

Sio
Oct 17, 2008, 02:50 PM
I'm not a fan of this update BUT at the same time it gives me a reason to stay as a FT. I keep my buffs and at least stay optimal both visually and statistically. I play games with style in mind befor stats, and yes I love to SEE the beautiful effects Sega apperently put a lot of work into.

When I'm playing another class and I see someone else using those epic spells it tells me, "this person has taken the time to be a MF" and I would be able to enjoy not only their epic attacks (I love seeing when someone does a well placed jagbora and actully kills them in one, a melee example) I can do my thing aswell. A well placed 41+ razond in the middle of a bunch of bots woot hehe.

Lag isn't an issue for me as much as I play on PS3, I wonder if this issue would be more potent if melee users lost a peice of their combo because it was "too entensive".

End of story Sega of America= Lazy, Ill hold onto psu for its art style alittle longer.

Tetsaru
Oct 17, 2008, 02:55 PM
Seeing Sega even think about putting this option into effect only further shows the craptastic job they did of putting this game together. Why the hell would you create an animation for something in your own game, when it's too complex to function at a normal frame rate!?

Along with not sticking to a good update schedule, no wonder I'm starting to consider joining my irl friends of FF11... at least Square-Enix FIXES their problems. -_-

Sio
Oct 17, 2008, 02:56 PM
Why the hell would you create an animation for something in your own game, when it's too complex to function at a normal frame rate!?

-_-

lmao amen! ^^^

Cracka_J
Oct 17, 2008, 03:13 PM
I'm not a fan of this update BUT at the same time it gives me a reason to stay as a FT. I keep my buffs and at least stay optimal both visually and statistically.

Nopers. With this patch, anything 31+ gets nerfed to 21+ visuals.
FT gets the kick to the ballsack as well.

Happy now?

Seeing Sega even think about putting this option into effect only further shows the craptastic job they did of putting this game together. Why the hell would you create an animation for something in your own game, when it's too complex to function at a normal frame rate!?

This is the main problem, and again it's SEGA at the center. Also, it's not an "option". It will be forced on you whether your system is capable or not.

seph_monkey
Oct 17, 2008, 03:28 PM
i personally think its a bad idea, because i love the sight of techs especially cause there the most visual attacks in the game next to skills.

also i can live with the lag and i play on ps2 and i have been in partys with alot of techers in them, yeah i get lag but nothing that significant to have the game break down or anything like that. my ps2 just gets slow down.
people have to get that yeah the ps2 isnt as strong as a computer but its not a toaster it doesnt just blow up or anything, but i guess thats just my ps2

i think what they should do with people who get major slow down is they should let the tech not show like on psu v1 and if they dont get alot of slow down, just slight slow down, the tech should appear.

-Crokar-
Oct 17, 2008, 04:10 PM
im happy for this update. why waste my time trying to run through stupid tech lag just to play with my brother. it got to the point where i went gunner just to not deal with it. but hey cant make everyone happy. people are gonna whine like little B***** no matter what SEGA does. so GET OVER IT.

SStrikerR
Oct 17, 2008, 04:22 PM
I'm gonna try to avoid posting in this much but...No Crokar, the bitches are the ones who whine about the little bit of slowdown techs send his or her way that SEGA should have fixed. Instead of just scrapping a good thing which basically lessens the accomplishments of techers. Some people work hard to get high level techs, and who's gonna know it? Nobody's gonna bother checking, so it just looks like another mediocre techer except for the damage.

AnnoDomini
Oct 17, 2008, 05:30 PM
All FTs and future MFs have every right to feel robbed by this 'visual fix'. It's got nothing to do with "ego". Any player that aspires to be a Techer wishes to develop impressive spells that dazzle the eye. Size and strength of Techs is the testament of a Force's skill and dedication. I am a PS2 player and of course slowdown is an issue. I hate lag as much as anyone else, but couldn't they make this 'visual fix' an optional setting? I'm so disappointed... And for all those who think that we Techers are just "whining" because we "wanna show off", stop and imagine what it would be like if you spent countless hours hunting a super-rare weapon. Then you finally find it and your hard work pays off.....but the wep is invisible to everyone except YOU. That would sting.

Marron_Shido
Oct 17, 2008, 05:40 PM
Well from what I've heard it going to hit PA's and Techs a like.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 17, 2008, 07:11 PM
All FTs and future MFs have every right to feel robbed by this 'visual fix'. It's got nothing to do with "ego". Any player that aspires to be a Techer wishes to develop impressive spells that dazzle the eye. Size and strength of Techs is the testament of a Force's skill and dedication. I am a PS2 player and of course slowdown is an issue. I hate lag as much as anyone else, but couldn't they make this 'visual fix' an optional setting? I'm so disappointed... And for all those who think that we Techers are just "whining" because we "wanna show off", stop and imagine what it would be like if you spent countless hours hunting a super-rare weapon. Then you finally find it and your hard work pays off.....but the wep is invisible to everyone except YOU. That would sting.

On a particular PSOBB server when they were getting the JP updates we missed out on, I ran around with a Last Swan. Half the people i played with thought I was using a Saber (With good reason without the patch, it looked like you were swinging a saber around.) I got a pretty good kick out of it. Didn't bother me at all.

I don't think it would sting, it's just going to have you answering questions every so often in games. Mostly "How U do Tat?" "What that?" or "Wut Lvl Tekk?"

I also reskinned some of my characters in PSOBB. Unless I gave someone the file, they'd never be able to see the difference. Didn't bother me either. I was content with my results.

RedRaz0r
Oct 17, 2008, 08:17 PM
This is the most stupid update. The people who disagree are the people that don't like the lag. Well then maybe segac can find a real way to fix our problems rather than this ghetto fix?

Africa
Oct 17, 2008, 08:47 PM
To me this is just another sign of the epic failure that sega's passed off as "improvements" in this game.I have my gripes with MF in general but sega's been doing these kinda things for awhile,the techs were the only thing to look forward to. This is added to the list of things killing psu for me.I'd rather they fix the grove lag before nerfing techs, or at least they should've modified them instead of basically killing them.Also this isn't ghetto rigging that's what they did with the mg glitch this is just a wal-mart grade solution ie cheap and simple one

BFGfreak
Oct 18, 2008, 02:14 AM
Let me put this update into perspective: the coding involved to do this roughly requires a basic high school understanding of programing. Last time I checked, a high school education roughly earns 10-20 dollers an hour, so in essence, they only spent 10-40 bucks on this update. If that wasn't enough, this update is strait from Japan, which has a much bigger player base than us. More players=bigger budget for bug fixing.

I'm sorry, but sega really should have spent more time and effort on this update. Granted, I'm not sure if they can add a patch with the ps2, but spend an extra 100 bucks on labor, create a new UI in the graphics setting which includes this patch option, and for christ sake, if a game designed for a 6th generation console is lagging a 7th generation console, it may be worth the time and effort to hire a new programing staff.

Arika
Oct 18, 2008, 02:20 AM
although I m techer also, I m satisfy as long as I can still SEE my tech.
I don't care if other people see it big or not. at least me, myself and I can see it. ^^

although I like to joke around with MF in JP who complain anything about that by using AT and say that we have the same level tech ^____^

Genoa
Oct 18, 2008, 03:33 AM
It should seriously be an option that players can choose or not... Not something forced <_>
You should be able to go in your options menu... and select it.
I run on an incredible PC that I spent good money building to have good graphics with no lag so that I can enjoy such things... now I'm the only one who will see my own and I cannot see others who have lvl.31+ techs as well?
This is to help all the PS2/360/and shitty PC users... nice and all, but FORCE it? Not make it an option?
:nono:

Eleina
Oct 18, 2008, 03:35 AM
It's a future update that will come alone and we won't see anything for the next 2 weeks after it.

BahnKnakyu
Oct 18, 2008, 04:06 AM
I will repeat this once again.

This update was geared towards the JP PC/PS2 audience because of complaints from the JP players about how VISUALLY BLINDING the level 31-41 techs were. It wasn't a blanket fix to fix the lag - I'm pretty damn sure Sega of Japan doesn't give two shits about the X360 platform over there. Their JP X360 players are suffering the same shit as we are. This fix isto alleviate the fact that MFers are coivering the screen with seizure-inducing techs to a point where you can't see a damn thing.

Genoa
Oct 18, 2008, 04:18 AM

This update was geared towards the JP PC/PS2 audience because of complaints from the JP players about how VISUALLY BLINDING the level 31-41 techs were. It wasn't a blanket fix to fix the lag - I'm pretty damn sure Sega of Japan doesn't give two shits about the X360 platform over there. Their JP X360 players are suffering the same shit as we are. This fix isto alleviate the fact that MFers are coivering the screen with seizure-inducing techs to a point where you can't see a damn thing.
It should still be optional D:

Inazuma
Oct 18, 2008, 05:39 AM

exactly right. i posted the same thing in this topic a while back but everyone ignored it. its not the lag. go spend 150 bux on a video card and there wont be any more lag. but even w/ the best pc, if you play w/ even one MF, you will be completely blinded by their massive techs that never go away b/c they can cast a new one before the old animation stops.

Tiyr
Oct 18, 2008, 07:19 AM
Seriously, though, whatever the reason, how hard would it be to put a new yes / no switch in the options screen? Why force this?

EMPYREAN
Oct 18, 2008, 07:28 AM
moust stupid thing ever. wish it will go away.

Inazuma
Oct 18, 2008, 09:26 AM
Seriously, though, whatever the reason, how hard would it be to put a new yes / no switch in the options screen? Why force this?

your completely right but ST doesnt mind half assing things. hopefully next year when the next expansion comes out, theyll fix it, along w/ the meseta inflation problem

ashley50
Oct 18, 2008, 09:28 AM
although I m techer also, I m satisfy as long as I can still SEE my tech.
I don't care if other people see it big or not. at least me, myself and I can see it. ^^

Finally, someone who agrees

HyperShot-X-
Oct 18, 2008, 11:14 AM
I'm afraid you're asking at the wrong place, leave feed back at Sega gameplay support, they will listen.

your completely right but ST doesnt mind half assing things. hopefully next year when the next expansion comes out, theyll fix it, along w/ the meseta inflation problem

understandably it was a temporary fix and by no mean it has to stay that way permanently, sooner or later it could be patched to implement that feature in at least on PC version depending on feedbacks they get. I wouldn't just jump to conclusion about this update when it's not even released outside JP yet.

As for me & probably many others, even if there was an option to turn this feature on or off, I would do without it, because I wouldn't want unwanted spoilers on 31+/41+ techs from others that would lessen the sense of my own accomplishments I would get when I finally get there on my alt. I can always youtube them if I really wanted to see them beforehand. Thankfully, I don't suffer from any superiority complex to get my fill by showing my accomplishments to others especially on techer which gets extra treatments over 31+ PAs whereas fighter & gunner only gets color change & knock-off effects on few PAs at best.

If anybody has any more to say on this topic, they should know where to put their effort to where it would actually make a difference instead of wasting them getting to nowhere as you can tell from this poll result.

RemiusTA
Oct 18, 2008, 11:23 AM

it has absolutey nothing to do with "showing off". Well, wait. It does. Everything on this game is about "showing off".

Although, I think its pretty fucking inconsiderate to laugh at techers for not being able to show off their time leveling their technics.

We dont complain about Hunters and their generic photon-art animations unloading other peoples animations on PS2. We dont complain about Ranges getting extra bullets to render upon leveling their bullets.

Just for comparison to what this feels like :

-You would complain if they decided to make all your precious S-Rank weapons default to their C-rank base model when playing in multiplayer games on everyone elses screen.

- or if every player defaulted to the normal clothing starter set in everyone elses screen in order to cut down on load times and memory usage.

- or if the photon art animation for everyone else was just viewed as the very first combo with different colored streaks.

The main catch of even playing a techer is to blow shit up with your huge spells after playing with them for so long. I might as well play solo and Offline from now on, if they keep deciding to take the key aspect of online MMORPG's out of the picture because people wont stop complaining. Now people cant even tell if your buffs/healing is good anymore.

Its just kind of pathetic they dont realize that its not going to solve anything. If it lags other players who are watching, it MUST lag the force who is using them. Taking a miniscule load off the other players and allowing the force to continue to lag its ass off is just going to further de-sync the players, once again DOUBLE-nerfing the force.

They could just as easily make an attempt to shrink the particle effects or lessen the amount of them produced. Of course, the makers of this game are as medicore as they come.

I don't suffer from any superiority complex to get my fill by showing my accomplishments to others especially on techer which gets extra treatments over 31+ PAs whereas fighter & gunner only gets color change & knock-off effects on few PAs at best.Wow. Gunners get extra bullets, and Hunters get entirely different animations. Not to mention, these classes have a wide array of different weapons to use, each having its own set of rares and such. When a hunter gets a rare weapon, they get a shiney new model to use their vivid animations with. When a gunner gets a new weapon, they get a shiney new model and occasionally an entire new bullet effect to spam the room up with. (Song of Death, Cubo stuffs)

Forces, aside from only really using 3 weapon types the entire game (Wands, Madoogs, Rods), naturally have a lower selection of S ranks to care about being effective with, being split up between only 3 classes as opposed to about 7 or 8 from each of the gunner/hunter classes. When forces get these new shiney weapons, they'll be lucky if they even get a new casting effect with them, and even then they can still suck. The only method of getting the same satisfaction one does with, oh say an Agito Replica would be to have lv 31/41 technics.

So, you're telling me that if you were to walk into a room with a pair of 15* Twin Sabers, and they defaulted to the 2-headed Ragnus model/effect, you would NOT be pissed off?

ashley50
Oct 18, 2008, 11:43 AM
it
Now people cant even tell if your buffs/healing is good anymore.

Visually no, but one way to tell if their techs are high is by checking their PAs via the status screen?

So, you're telling me that if you were to walk into a room with a pair of 15* Twin Sabers, and they defaulted to the 2-headed Ragnus model/effect, you would NOT be pissed off?

Its still a weapon that can be used :l

rise urbanus
Oct 18, 2008, 12:17 PM
:shy:i would love to see 6 razonde on the same spot

NDW
Oct 18, 2008, 12:40 PM

False, only attack TECHNICs are affected by the graphical modification, not support TECHNICs.

HyperShot-X-
Oct 18, 2008, 02:04 PM
Wow. Gunners get extra bullets, and Hunters get entirely different animations.
No, not at lvl 31+ or 41+ unlike techers, gunners get max bullets for shotgun /crossbow etc. at lvl 21, hunters get 3rd combo animation at lvl 21 if i'm not mistaken.
You should get the facts straight next time you post a wall-o-text full of contradictions & getting off-topic making ridiculously biased comparisons, or don't post at all and put that effort in the right direction as suggested before.

If you think hunters and gunners are so cool and gets unfair advantage in comparison to being a techer and you envy them so much, why not try them out for yourself instead of using them as excuse for more complaining and trying to justify the harms being done to others? Experience for yourself how it feels like to try to hit enemies when huge blinding flash of techs completely fill up the whole damm screen.

No one is forcing you to be a Force for the rest of your life in this game, you should realize that you are missing out on 2/3 of content the game offers, and there is a reason for 4 slots of chars and no, it's not just for use as storage room for your excess items on 1 char alone.

Majarra
Oct 18, 2008, 02:10 PM
False, only attack TECHNICs are affected by the graphical modification, not support TECHNICs.Phew....thats a relief was about to quit AT. Now people can see red,blue,yellow,white,and green megiverses!

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 18, 2008, 06:45 PM
Support TECHNICs change a little bit. Just not very much.

-You would complain if they decided to make all your precious S-Rank weapons default to their C-rank base model when playing in multiplayer games on everyone elses screen.

- or if every player defaulted to the normal clothing starter set in everyone elses screen in order to cut down on load times and memory usage.

- or if the photon art animation for everyone else was just viewed as the very first combo with different colored streaks.

I've experienced a degree of the first two in PSOBB. Not a big deal. It just makes it harder to gauge the difference between other players if everybody else looks the same. It shouldn't actually impact your gameplay at all.

I think the numbers will speak for themselves. It's only the visual effect not the TECHNIC's actual power.

Its just kind of pathetic they dont realize that its not going to solve anything. If it lags other players who are watching, it MUST lag the force who is using them. Taking a miniscule load off the other players and allowing the force to continue to lag its ass off is just going to further de-sync the players, once again DOUBLE-nerfing the force.
Well imagine if you will, a party with multiple MFs? Possibly an entire MF team.

Wow. Gunners get extra bullets, and Hunters get entirely different animations. Not to mention, these classes have a wide array of different weapons to use, each having its own set of rares and such. When a hunter gets a rare weapon, they get a shiney new model to use their vivid animations with. When a gunner gets a new weapon, they get a shiney new model and occasionally an entire new bullet effect to spam the room up with. (Song of Death, Cubo stuffs)

As it's been said before, Strike and Bullet PA visual changes stop at level 21. After that, it's effect %s. With Rentis and Dizas there's no reason to even level them past 21. There's no further benefit in doing so.

When the damage starts to count up, other people in the party will turn heads but it's not going to change anything at all on your screen so it shouldn't matter.

BahnKnakyu
Oct 19, 2008, 02:36 AM
Reimus, here's the thing.

What if those Hunters/Gunners had PAs that made it impossible to see shit on the screen? What if they were so damn bright that if someone used Majarra or Jabroken on a pack of enemies it would be impossible to see those Megid balls coming from the Delp Salami's?

That's what the equivalent of a MF's level 31/41 techs are. They are detrimental to the party. You can't see shit with them. Yes, I agree there should be an on/off switch for it. That is extremely half-assed of ST to implement the "fix" this way, but that's nothing new. It's the same old using a banaid to solve a gaping wound problem that they've always done.

It sucks, but hey, can't really do much complaining here. We either put up with it or quit, like everyone has done.

RedRaz0r
Oct 19, 2008, 02:40 AM
As it's been said before, Strike and Bullet PA visual changes stop at level 21. After that, it's effect %s. With Rentis and Dizas there's no reason to even level them past 21. There's no further benefit in doing so.

Striking PAs stop changing at 21? Are you blind? They change quite a bit sir, take a look at a video some time.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 19, 2008, 03:10 AM
Striking PAs stop changing at 21? Are you blind? They change quite a bit sir, take a look at a video some time.

The color? That's hardly a large change.

RedRaz0r
Oct 19, 2008, 03:20 AM
It is a large change to me, colors = life

Ryock
Oct 19, 2008, 05:55 AM
I don't see what the big deal is that everyone is complaining about. Whoop de doo, people can't see the maxmimum potential of your techs. And? It's not going to change anything. So you can't show off. Boo hoo? When I first heard about this, I thought "I'm done, I don't wanna play anymore" until they said that it doesn't affect what the caster sees. At that point, I was perfectly fine. It's a bit stupid and ridiculous to see so many people get worked up just cause they can't show off.

I plan on going Masterforce as soon as the master classes hit, and this update won't change a thing at all. The only thing this will change for me is the fact that I can't be silly and use other people's higher leveled techs as motivation to level my techs more.

fay
Oct 19, 2008, 06:17 AM
its the same as. would all the hunters like there skills to be shown at lv 11 except the peopel that use it

of course you wouldnt. same as a force. everyone will be seeing damnage being taken off when the enemys arent even close to the range they are seeing

Ryock
Oct 19, 2008, 10:20 AM
its the same as. would all the hunters like there skills to be shown at lv 11 except the peopel that use it

of course you wouldnt. same as a force. everyone will be seeing damnage being taken off when the enemys arent even close to the range they are seeing

Actually... seeing as my secondary is a Wartecher, no, not really. I frankly don't care what my allies see unless it would hinder their ability to help support the team. As long as I can see and use the full effects to my advantage and my own eye candy, I quite frankly don't care what they see. But to each their own, I guess.

RemiusTA
Oct 19, 2008, 12:36 PM
Its quite obvious this is gonna tear some stuff up. I personally feel offended they would even think of doing this, let alone do it without an option to turn it off. Even when im playing on my main (which is a Fortefighter, not a force) i would much rather see the full potental of the spells of the force im partying with. Its just something you dont take away from the playing experience.

But if thats how sega is, and thats how you guys want sega to continue to solve issues in this game, then go right ahead. Instead of fixing graphical glitches, they continue to find pathetic little half-assed dipshit methods of covering them up. Next thing you know robots that cause memory leaks will be replaced with pannons, post photon effects on ps2 will be removed, and photon arts will be displayed as regular attacking animations with trails to eliminate animation unloading. (which is the most pathetic glitch ive ever seen happen on a console game made by A+ developers.)

Dont really care anymore. Im still not paying my subscription, and this version of the game has failed in more ways than 20.

Majarra
Oct 19, 2008, 12:59 PM

of course you wouldnt. same as a force. everyone will be seeing damnage being taken off when the enemys arent even close to the range they are seeingBut people would still see dus majarra at lvl 11! OMG 1800-SEGAC

Cracka_J
Oct 19, 2008, 01:02 PM
The more I think about it though, the less I really care.

You guys saying that this is no big deal, well, you're gonna be forced to watching shitty youtube videos to see what the real techs look like. Or forced into leveling a techer if you really want to see them in-game.

Me, I'll be able to see them whenever I want, in full resolution. Not much of a loss on my end, you guys actually get the shaft. I dunno why I cared about it so much to begin with, no loss on my end.

Orrefe
Oct 19, 2008, 01:05 PM
would much rather see the full potental of the spells of the force im partying with. Its just something you dont take away from the playing experience.

Tech visuals is part of the playing experience?

Seriously and honestly?

EMPYREAN
Oct 19, 2008, 01:14 PM

Seriously and honestly?

imagine that u see die hard 1 but in this movie all the explotions has visualy been removed, all that is left is the sound. is that something u would have enjoyd watching?

that is what they r doing to this game and it destroys the gaming experience.
this game is all aboute showing off ether cloths, weps or PAs.

Apone
Oct 19, 2008, 01:27 PM
Maybe they could just drop the opacity of the high level techs? that way you can see through them so you wont be blinded? That way they can still be at full size

Zos
Oct 19, 2008, 01:57 PM
If they intend to fix the tech lag, they should do it on the enemies as well not just from the game player end. I believe that no matter what they do, the problem wont be fixed.

Umberger
Oct 19, 2008, 02:09 PM
If they intend to fix the tech lag, they should do it on the enemies as well not just from the game player end. I believe that no matter what they do, the problem wont be fixed.

As far as I know, there's (currently) no enemy with a TECHNIC that is 31+.

joefro
Oct 19, 2008, 02:26 PM
I think Howzer has lv31 Megid, I'm not sure becuase Megid at 21 and 31 look very similar. imo

WhiteKnight01
Oct 19, 2008, 04:33 PM
up the acrotechers lv41+ suport look wicked

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 19, 2008, 05:05 PM

The phoenix looking thing that the Alterazgohg does counts. I ran WB on the JP servers and it's just little balls of purple and white over there.

And along with the other posts:

Who cares. You can still see your own techs. I personally don't give a flying fuck what the techers in my party spells look like as long as they do damage with them. I see numbers popping up on enemies that nobody else is hitting ANYWAYS.

Now my computer isn't BAD but I'm not pimping the $2000+ alienware computer that all the kids who have mommy and daddy paying for it say I should, either way there is no reason that if a Lv31+ rafoie shuts my system down that it's not acceptable to be "nerfed".

I agree that it should be an option in the settings to do, but that's too hard for sega.

It's not lowering your damage. It's not lowering your tech level. As far as it goes for YOU it isn't doing ANYTHING. Quit bitching and get on with your life. Nobody want to hear you whine that you can't show-off your UBAR GRAFFIX anymore than people wanted to hear the AF bitch about the Chikki nerf a few months back. you aren't special and the tech graphics nerf isn't unfair.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 19, 2008, 05:13 PM
The phoenix looking thing that the Alterazgohg does counts. I ran WB on the JP servers and it's just little balls of purple and white over there.

And along with the other posts:

Who cares. You can still see your own techs. I personally don't give a flying fuck what the techers in my party spells look like as long as they do damage with them. I see numbers popping up on enemies that nobody else is hitting ANYWAYS.

Now my computer isn't BAD but I'm not pimping the $2000+ alienware computer that all the kids who have mommy and daddy paying for it say I should, either way there is no reason that if a Lv31+ rafoie shuts my system down that it's not acceptable to be "nerfed".

I agree that it should be an option in the settings to do, but that's too hard for sega.

It's not lowering your damage. It's not lowering your tech level. As far as it goes for YOU it isn't doing ANYTHING. Quit bitching and get on with your life. Nobody want to hear you whine that you can't show-off your UBAR GRAFFIX anymore than people wanted to hear the AF bitch about the Chikki nerf a few months back. you aren't special and the tech graphics nerf isn't unfair.

This XD

autumn
Oct 19, 2008, 05:23 PM
I sit on both sides of the fence when it comes to the nerf. I want people to be able to see my spells seeing as I've taken the time to level them and it lets people know from the start of a party that I've invested some time into my character. In addition the worst lagging spells in the game lag just as much at lower levels as they do at higher tiers so this isn't really a fix at all. It would be nice if I wouldn't momentarily quit running when caught in the midst of ramegid or rafoie though.

Its more of an issue with the game then with my system and I fail to see why spells so detrimental to gameplay weren't addressed before release, particularly with most of the JP players on PS2...

Mikura
Oct 19, 2008, 05:29 PM
I think it should be an option rather than forced upon by everyone, regardless of how they feel about it. Besides that, I don't see where it's such a problem. As long as it doesn't effect how you play or your performance, so what? Besides, maybe one day they'll come up with a better fix and give us back the technic effects at some point. I don't see that being impossible either.

Umberger
Oct 19, 2008, 05:31 PM

It's always been like that on the JP servers. The TECHNIC visual nerf did not change it.

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 19, 2008, 05:48 PM
Ah, didn't know that. Thanks for correcting me though ^_^

Inazuma
Oct 19, 2008, 06:08 PM
lag can be solved by spending 150 bux on a video card. thats not the reason they did the visual nerf. its b/c non MFs were 100% completely blinded by massive screen filling rapid fire techs. just a single MF using ra techs would be enough to completely blind everyone else and prevent them from playing w/ MFs in the future. you guys keep talking about lag but thats NOT the reason.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 20, 2008, 01:04 AM
Its more of an issue with the game then with my system and I fail to see why spells so detrimental to gameplay weren't addressed before release, particularly with most of the JP players on PS2...

Sega isn't very good at catching this stuff ahead of time.

I play offline so this has absolutely nothing to do with me, but I can't even see out from behind my own Dambarta. It's a wall of ice in front of me with occasional numbers popping up from monsters dumb enough to walk into it.
Gidiga, same thing. I see lava, that's it. I notice some slowdown with Gifoie. Not dramatic but noticeable. Actually not all techs are a problem. The entire Zonde series doesn't effect me at all. If someone were directly behind you with 41+ Zonde you may be blinded when it passes through your camera but that's it.

RemiusTA
Oct 20, 2008, 07:27 AM

Seriously and honestly?

No Fucking Shit seriously honestly. Are photon arts and bullets part of the playing experience?

You guys can keep trying to justify and say nobody cares, but the bottom line is its pretty much 50/50 on this matter with all classes on who cares and who doesn't.

Like for instance, i dont give a "FLYING FUCK" if a technic restricts your vision for .5 seconds, or if your screen lags for a few seconds. Its not like you're ever going to die anyway, what the fuck are you bitching about. Nobody complained about the unfixable lag in Firebreak, nobody complained about the unfixable lag in MAG or 1up either.

Marron_Shido
Oct 20, 2008, 07:49 AM
Man, I know people are unhappy here, but this is game. I can't say I'm thrilled about this but life does go on. I joined this this game to play, have fun, and hang out with people. Not to be consumed with showing off techs and PA's to others. I admit this game has had it's ups and downs, but I will not wuss out and quit a game over something that was meant to benefit playability for others.

Cracka_J
Oct 20, 2008, 10:47 AM
Whether you like it or not, a big part of the game *IS* showing off what you've earned in the game, whether it be rares, your character design, techs, etc. These all add to the personal customization element of the game, part of the reason why this game is so fun in the first place.

So yes, I agree with remius in that aspect. The tech visuals directly effect the customization aspect of this game, and not being able to show what you have earned to others is a big deal.

If you don't believe so, just look at the poll this thread has in place. It's currently a 57 to 24 vote that people think this was a horrible idea or sega is just out of their minds. There is a serious issue here that a lot of people have taken offense to.

And inazuma, people get your point, the techs are blinding. But that's not the players fault whether they play FM, MF, or whatever. This is a SEGA fuckup to begin with (blinding visuals, lag, etc), with a SEGA fuckup fix. No way around it. You know very well that there could have been other solutions to the problem, but again, they went for the easiest one possible. That's the issue, and why people are pissed about this.

Marron_Shido
Oct 20, 2008, 12:45 PM
Yes, yes. In my opinion polls are a poor reflection of what the populace really think, esp when only 83 is the current number votes. One thing I've noticed it in many polls: votes of negativity is almost always higher end, since it's been my experience than people love focusing on the negative not positive.

I'd wager decent amount of people regardless of what they think or feel, even care about voting in opinionated polls. What we say are opinions nothing more nothing less, granted some have raised more valid points than others, but still opinions. Who is to say that this patch is to be permanent or not.

Constantly, bashing SoA can't be exactly great for their moral as well as ours (the players). I admit I'd like things to be better than they are, but I feel making this game a fun and enjoyable is just as much our responsibility as it is SoA. Holding more player sponsored events, more meet and greets, mentoring for new and returning players, etc...

Cracka_J
Oct 20, 2008, 01:34 PM
My point wasn't about the poll numbers, or who's right and who's wrong.

What I was trying to say is there are nearly 60 votes up there that were either from active subscribers, past subscribers, or gamers in general that don't agree with the way they are handling this. You can take that however you like.

And I don't think paying 10 bucks a month obligates anyone to run player events or participate in them, people are entitled to play however they enjoy the game. Let's get things straight anyway, people aren't leaving the game due to lack of player sponsored events, meet and greets, or new player support. They are leaving because of faulty management and lack of content.

Marron_Shido
Oct 20, 2008, 01:58 PM
Well if people wouldn't the spam the same missions to death, they wouldn't get burned out so easily. I've down mission tours with my friends of the older missions and found them quite enjoyable. I admit new content is nice, yet I feel that if players would try branching out a little more try doing mission tours, they wouldn't find themselves getting bored and burned out.

RemiusTA
Oct 20, 2008, 03:05 PM
Whether you like it or not, a big part of the game *IS* showing off what you've earned in the game, whether it be rares, your character design, techs, etc. These all add to the personal customization element of the game, part of the reason why this game is so fun in the first place.

Thank you. Saying "nobody cares, you cant show-off elitist HAHA!" is just the stupidest shit ive ever heard when it comes to something like this, and its only coming from people who either a) dont have forces or b) arent too serious about their force.

I main a Fortefighter, but even since PSO Forces have always been my favroite class to play, because in the end, even though my rares are few and the designs for them suck, i will still be able to level up my spells and still look as powerful/more powerful than those with the awesome swords/guns/ 20 other weapon classes. You always have something to show for your work, and even when your favroite spells are maxed out, you can still work on the weaker ones because in the end they always look cool.

Lets be real now -- how many times do you equip a weapon just to play with it because it looks cool, no matter how hard it sucks? I know i do it frequently (Crea Weapons, specifically Cresaud, Hanzo model every now and then) and i buy 2-headed Ragnus just to element it to something other than fire because it looks cool too. Its pretty fun, and its the same concept. People level their technics past 21/31 not only because it gets stronger, but because it changes form.

Its true the user can still see it, but it takes almost MORE than half the fun out of using it if only the caster can see it, while to the 3rd person it just looks like you're spamming the same shit that acrotecher or frigging wartecher is spamming to the left of you.

It feels like ive been not only cheated out of my time, but of my character as well. I buy clothing to make my character look good, i equip the coolest rares to make my character look good, I spend my time leveling my Photon Arts and Bullets to look good, and i spend my time spamming my fucking technics so that my character looks good too. Oh, but since the guy knocking the enemies around and destroying the whole room with Jarbroken gets to bitch off about lag, you deny me the only pleasure i get from playing my damn class in the first place?

Calling us "elitist" or "show-offs" is just inconsiderate. Like i said before, if they replaced every weapon over 9*'s with the A rank model, this community would be going APESHIT right now. Just because it affects a minority group of us doesn't give you the right to shrug it off with some bullshit like "get over it."

This is just typical Sega bullshit. Find the simplest, most medicore half-assed way out of everything, and cater to the little fucking babies who can scream the loudest.

Tetsaru
Oct 20, 2008, 04:02 PM
Well if people wouldn't the spam the same missions to death, they wouldn't get burned out so easily. I've down mission tours with my friends of the older missions and found them quite enjoyable. I admit new content is nice, yet I feel that if players would try branching out a little more try doing mission tours, they wouldn't find themselves getting bored and burned out.

Believe me, I've tried to do this, but it doesn't really work for me. Eventually, you'll run into one of these problems:

1 - There is better loot that is also easier to find in the newer, more popular missions (Okarod, which is an enemy drop, vs. Kazarod, which is a boss box drop; Catilium in Bladed Legacy rather than Bruce's Dungeon, etc.).

2 - The old missions are ridiculously easy and outdated at their current difficulties (see most all original PSU missions, and a lot of AotI missions).

3 - The old missions have little to offer other than nostalgia... and only because the veteran players have spammed them countless times in the past, and don't want to do them anymore because they're boring.

4 - A lot of missions cause unnecessary lag for players with low-end systems (see just about any mission with a lot of robot enemies).

5 - You're only there in order to hunt down an item that only drops from that area... and often times, there's no one around who's willing to help you. And due to your horrible luck, you'll be wasting your time by yourself, spamming the mission over and over, never finding that one boss box drop that you're looking for, when you could just as easily buy one off the market since meseta is a lot easier to obtain nowadays.

The whole point of an online game is to play with OTHER PEOPLE. If there isn't anyone around, there's not much point, sadly. At the rate that Sega continues to drop-feed us, we either get bored due to going through the new content too quickly, or we get bored spamming it to death, trying to find that one rare item. If Sega would give us an update similar to when Neudaiz GBR was released (several new S2 difficulties, two entirely new missions, and TONS of new loot), EVERY TWO WEEKS LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE, people wouldn't be so bored with the game as they are.

It's entirely Sega's fault for programming the game as poorly as they have, and it's entirely Sega's fault for not providing sufficient new content to satisfy the needs of the more hardcore playerbase. Saying that they're going to make the high-level techs look shittier to other party members is not only proof of this mediocrity, but it's also demoralizing to the guy playing as a Masterforce who spent countless hours on end at Sleeping Warriors S2 spamming his Megid on Badiras and other little weak-shit reskinned enemies to get it up to Lv50, only to hear some little 12-year-old brat on the other side of the country call him a noob for not leveling his techs when he sees a Lv21 Megid animation fly across the screen at White Beast.

Marron_Shido
Oct 20, 2008, 04:25 PM
It's entirely Sega's fault for programming the game as poorly as they have, and it's entirely Sega's fault for not providing sufficient new content to satisfy the needs of the more hardcore playerbase. Saying that they're going to make the high-level techs look shittier to other party members is not only proof of this mediocrity, but it's also demoralizing to the guy playing as a Masterforce who spent countless hours on end at Sleeping Warriors S2 spamming his Megid on Badiras and other little weak-shit reskinned enemies to get it up to Lv50, only to hear some little 12-year-old brat on the other side of the country call him a noob for not leveling his techs when he sees a Lv21 Megid animation fly across the screen at White Beast.

No offense Tets, but brats will always say rude and childish things, thus why we call them brats. In any event, it's silly to let the words of 12-year-old-brat or immature player get to you. I can't say I'm not thrilled with everything SoA has done in PSU, but I think this dead horse has beaten enough. As always I will do my best to be patient (is not easy granted, but I manage) and waiting for updates, no matter how long I have to wait. :D

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 20, 2008, 04:49 PM
Thank you. Saying "nobody cares, you cant show-off elitist HAHA!" is just the stupidest shit ive ever heard when it comes to something like this, and its only coming from people who either a) dont have forces or b) arent too serious about their force.

I main a Fortefighter, but even since PSO Forces have always been my favroite class to play, because in the end, even though my rares are few and the designs for them suck, i will still be able to level up my spells and still look as powerful/more powerful than those with the awesome swords/guns/ 20 other weapon classes. You always have something to show for your work, and even when your favroite spells are maxed out, you can still work on the weaker ones because in the end they always look cool.

Lets be real now -- how many times do you equip a weapon just to play with it because it looks cool, no matter how hard it sucks? I know i do it frequently (Crea Weapons, specifically Cresaud, Hanzo model every now and then) and i buy 2-headed Ragnus just to element it to something other than fire because it looks cool too. Its pretty fun, and its the same concept. People level their technics past 21/31 not only because it gets stronger, but because it changes form.

Its true the user can still see it, but it takes almost MORE than half the fun out of using it if only the caster can see it, while to the 3rd person it just looks like you're spamming the same shit that acrotecher or frigging wartecher is spamming to the left of you.

It feels like ive been not only cheated out of my time, but of my character as well. I buy clothing to make my character look good, i equip the coolest rares to make my character look good, I spend my time leveling my Photon Arts and Bullets to look good, and i spend my time spamming my fucking technics so that my character looks good too. Oh, but since the guy knocking the enemies around and destroying the whole room with Jarbroken gets to bitch off about lag, you deny me the only pleasure i get from playing my damn class in the first place?

Calling us "elitist" or "show-offs" is just inconsiderate. Like i said before, if they replaced every weapon over 9*'s with the A rank model, this community would be going APESHIT right now. Just because it affects a minority group of us doesn't give you the right to shrug it off with some bullshit like "get over it."

This is just typical Sega bullshit. Find the simplest, most medicore half-assed way out of everything, and cater to the little fucking babies who can scream the loudest.

You missed the point where I said "I" don't care. I never said others don't care. But, it's happening regardless, for whatever reason it's happening, and nothing can be done about it. We knew this when the BAWing started when JP got it. So let's bring up the same old ass topic and make everyone whine about it again.

Replace my 12* weapons with 9* animations? Good! If it makes someone else play better GO FOR IT. I can still see it and I don't care. If you level your techs and skills so other people will think higher of you, then I feel sorry for you that you're so shallow to care what other people in an online game think of you.

I play a techer and the reason I level my techs is for MY enjoyment and a sense of accomplishment. If people don't see it I don't really care.

Again, this is just my opinion that I'm stating for people to see, but I'm sure people will blow it out of proportion anyhow.

Aorre
Oct 20, 2008, 05:41 PM
I'm glad they're implementing this, simply because it gets such negative reactions from most of you. XD

RemiusTA
Oct 20, 2008, 06:32 PM
If you level your techs and skills so other people will think higher of you, then I feel sorry for you that you're so shallow to care what other people in an online game think of you.

Again, this is just my opinion that I'm stating for people to see, but I'm sure people will blow it out of proportion anyhow.

Well perhaps you should stop saying stupid shit like this and maybe see from someone elses point of view rather than your own. I already know that you dont care, its apparent by the way your addressing the whole matter which is blowing the whole thing out of proportion in itself.

Speaking of which :

I feel sorry for you that you're so shallow to care what other people in an online game think of you.
You just blew it out of proportion again. Do you think i care what you think of me? You're sadly mistaken if you do, and same goes with everybody else on this game and forum, unless I actually like the person / said person isnt a douche like you're being right now.

So, what your saying is, paying to play an online game and spending hundreds of cumulitive hours playing it, working to get higher in the ranks and play higher missions and obtain better gear (which is the goal of anyone who can possibly have fun with this game, casual or hardcore, or "elitist" or whatever you want to call it. Hell, you cant even progress the game without doing even that.) only to have my gear/hundreds of hours taken from me and wasted because someone wants to bitch about LAG?

Oh. Okay, well if that makes me shallow, then that makes you one incredibly passive human. Sorry for getting in the way of you getting ran over. But you're right, its your opinion. If you want to waste your time leveling your character only to have the only point of playing them deleted from existance then go right ahead.

And BTW, calling me shallow in the same post as you talking about personal achievement through a videogame puts you in a very actionable position.

We can both stop this now. Its not like anything is going to change arguing on this forum, and since Sega runs on its own fucking clock hours sending mail isnt gonna do shit either.

Its like an arguement over tampon regulation in a room with 75% men. 100% can conversate, 25% are the only ones who are applicable, but only 10% care. Of course everyone else is going to joke and make stupid snide remarks, and the 10% who do care are going to tear their fucking heads off.

Aorre
Oct 20, 2008, 07:49 PM
Hell, you cant even progress the game without doing even that.) only to have my gear/hundreds of hours taken from me and wasted because someone wants to bitch about LAG?

For the third (is this the third?) time now, the problem was not LAG, but the blinding graphics.

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 20, 2008, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=RemiusTA;2168831]Its like an argument over tampon regulation in a room with 75% men. 100% can converse, 25% are the only ones who are applicable, but only 10% care. Of course everyone else is going to joke and make stupid snide remarks, and the 10% who do care are going to tear their fucking heads off./QUOTE]

That's about the long and short of it, but from the other side of the argument I'm sure you'd get tired of hearing a topic that was already whined about 3 months prior brought up a second time.

And I'm not even going to talk about the point of all the people on this thread who are complaining about it even though they canceled their subscriptions MONTHS ago and have no interest in resubbing.

RemiusTA
Oct 21, 2008, 07:07 AM
And I'm not even going to talk about the point of all the people on this thread who are complaining about it even though they canceled their subscriptions MONTHS ago and have no interest in resubbing.Thats because of stupid shit like this. Why should i resub my account when there is NOTHING good coming to these servers but delays and medicore fixes?

Ill gladly return when there is something to do. And sadly, the only thing worth doing has just been delayed another 7 days. -_-;

Sega truely believes they are running some kind of saint of a game, because they sure as hell are inconsiderate of their schedule. People like them shouldnt be allowed to run a game, let alone get fucking paid by me for it.

sephiroth115
Oct 21, 2008, 08:25 AM
ok... first of all, wouldn't you think it would cause more lag making the system think " to this player we need to use this animation, but to the others they get this other animation" and second of all: no more showing off woohoo!!!!

RemiusTA
Oct 21, 2008, 08:29 AM
Actually no, it wouldn't take much at all.

If the devs were smart, they would just restrict the PS2 from loading all those fucking useless sound effects and crap into the memory. You can go into party chat, type a few numbers and the & symbol, and pull ANY sound efffect from the game you want..but they complain about loading times, animation unloading and lag. What are they, fucking retarded?

you dont give the PS2 features like that when it can barely handle the ones they have. Why would you tell the game to load little beeping sounds (never used unless called upon in a chat macro, and never heard elsewhere in the game) and funny noises, when upon walking into the room the game can barely stomach loading the sounds of the character's voice and the sounds for swinging his sword?

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 21, 2008, 04:51 PM
So, what your saying is, paying to play an online game and spending hundreds of cumulitive hours playing it, working to get higher in the ranks and play higher missions and obtain better gear (which is the goal of anyone who can possibly have fun with this game, casual or hardcore, or "elitist" or whatever you want to call it. Hell, you cant even progress the game without doing even that.) only to have my gear/hundreds of hours taken from me and wasted because someone wants to bitch about LAG?
Let me stop you right there. Your gear and hundreds of hours are not taken from YOU, they're taken from anybody who looks at you. I mean if you want to chalk it all up to a waste and throw it away that's fine but what you did still stands. It's just a more secret victory now. (I still think the numbers will prove your point.)
I'm still wondering where gear falls into this. They aren't reskinning items.

Zos
Oct 21, 2008, 05:08 PM
thats only partially true, anyone in the party that looks at your techniques will see theyre at some level. however, if a player doesnt bother looking at what level the technique is will only see a level 20 technique.

unicorn
Oct 21, 2008, 06:15 PM
I think its a retarded idea because there is no purpose to play techer besides showing off. It takes about 75% of the funness.

Efficientcy? Um...Masterforce/Fortetecher =/= efficient.

And I don't get tech-lag whatsoever. Even as a fighter. For some odd reason Nanoblast lags me more than anything. My PSU actually froze a couple times because of Nanoblast. But whatever. ST obviously knows what they're doing.

Meh, I probably wouldn't mind AS much if this was around pre-aoi. =\

Kaiae0667
Oct 21, 2008, 10:38 PM
I buy clothing to make my character look good, i equip the coolest rares to make my character look good, I spend my time leveling my Photon Arts and Bullets to look good, and i spend my time spamming my fucking technics so that my character looks good too.

Finally, someone with some common sense. Luv'ing you so much right now.

RemiusTA
Oct 22, 2008, 05:48 AM
Let me stop you right there. Your gear and hundreds of hours are not taken from YOU, they're taken from anybody who looks at you.

......<facepalm>

Rambo!
Oct 22, 2008, 08:07 AM
I'm undecided with this, I like using technics but will this really solve the lag problem. I don't really see the point to reducing them. The lag could be cause by other things but its their decision so what can you do?

Piss and moan and hope they change it that has worked in the past right.

No it hasn't Sega will do whatever they want cause we are not Japanese.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 22, 2008, 05:09 PM
^This much is true.

Raveno
Oct 22, 2008, 06:17 PM
so they are downgrading us techers? ie downgrading the game?

an update, would be a FIX of the slowdown,

this is BS, :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

they better not do this

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 22, 2008, 10:43 PM
^Oi... For the last time, No. They're not downgrading techers, they're downgrading their graphics because they got too carried away in making them robust and eye catching. As long as you're playing a techer, nothing changes for you in gameplay.

RedRaz0r
Oct 23, 2008, 01:14 AM
It only affects other users ability to see your lagballs and lagbooms. The user of the techs can see them in all their glory. Any "true techer" wouldn't give damn...kind of a blessing since most people don't like partying with techers because of the lagness they bring anyways.

The funny thing is that this won't fix anything really, lv.20 Rafoie causes just as much slowdown if not more than it's 31/41+ brothers for example.

Well then you obviously don't know what a "true techer" is. Speak for yourself. You can't tell me that Im not a techer when I have 4 capped Newman techers for my characters, and I do give a damn about my techs.

The second point is true however. This won't fix shit.

RemiusTA
Oct 23, 2008, 03:09 PM

This is actually quite true. I get less slowdown with most 31+ technics than 21+ technics, specifically dambarta and foie.

HyperShot-X-
Oct 23, 2008, 08:16 PM
False again, lag is not even half the problem as it's been said repeatedly for so many times on this thread, this fix will reduce BLINDING tech visual effects to acceptable degree for others in party(NOT the caster) so that all MFs won't get booted out and forced to play all by themselves.

Meanwhile, a more effective fix could be as simple as turning on transparency filter on tech visuals or just rework/reskin them to make it see thru, similar to Rafoi on PSO for example.
Sega don't need to do anything if no feedbacks from anyone who gives a damn about this upcoming update. Ball is not on their court.

CJ Johnny
Oct 23, 2008, 08:27 PM
My opinion.

Let the viewer decide on there own. (They have the option to trun every effects off)
Example: They can chose not to see any visual effect at all. Not just 'Tech casting'.
Striking visual effect and Bullet (Laser) effect as well.

For myself. I prefer to see everything

Yoyu
Oct 23, 2008, 08:50 PM
everything is good, so long as the hardware can keep up & the software is well written. however, this idea or thought process is.......flawed. please put it back in the lab for more incubation, thanks.

Gen2000
Oct 23, 2008, 08:57 PM
Well then you obviously don't know what a "true techer" is. Speak for yourself. You can't tell me that Im not a techer when I have 4 capped Newman techers for my characters, and I do give a damn about my techs.

The second point is true however. This won't fix shit.

Hm let's see...the caster of techs can still see their techs in all their glory, they're not downgraded in damage, and this update is basically for all the Fighters/Gunners who hate partying with techers anyways because of their lag and blindness they bring with their techs (never payed attention to why so many abandon leave a party when an FT shows up with Ramegid spam at White Beast.) so you're more likely stay in random parties longer. Yes, a "true techer" wouldn't really give a damn unless their an attention whore. "OMGOMG LOOK AT MY EXPLOSIONS PLZ!".

I got a capped Newman with 40 techs too and could care less about this because it won't fix anything (and I mentioned long ago how it should at least be an option for PC users, Sonic Team logic whooo) but mainly I don't care what people think. As long as my damage isn't nerfed then whatever.

HyperShot-X-
Oct 23, 2008, 09:46 PM
My opinion.

Let the viewer decide on there own. (They have the option to trun every effects off)
Example: They can chose not to see any visual effect at all. Not just 'Tech casting'.
Striking visual effect and Bullet (Laser) effect as well.

For myself. I prefer to see everything

Putting just an on/off option is neither a complete solution nor a better one than the current fix.

Focusing on tech visual effect, I'd rather see something than nothing at all(effects off) nor do I wanna get blinded by 31+ techs(effects on). To me as a viewer, 3rd tier tech effects(21+) are nothing to laugh at and they hold their own. Over 31+ are just way overdone, it might look fancy at 1st but then mostly disturbing as it blocks the whole screen as you get closer.

Maybe an option setting to turn effects on at Moderate level would help but then the end result would be the same as the simple fix they did, so no matter to me. :/

RemiusTA
Oct 24, 2008, 02:56 PM
False again, lag is not even half the problem as it's been said repeatedly for so many times on this thread, this fix will reduce BLINDING tech visual effects to acceptable degree for others in party(NOT the caster) so that all MFs won't get booted out and forced to play all by themselves.

Oh, if thats the case this is even more bullshit. Nobody gives a fuck if you cant see. Its "BLINDING" only for a second max, your going to hit your target anyway, you STILL have lockon, and it makes up for the fact i waste PP trying to hit shit you keep blowing all over the place.

There is no excuse for this poor judgement, sorry.

lainofthewired
Oct 24, 2008, 02:59 PM

But wont having two different visual attacks going on at the same time create more lag?:-o

Inazuma
Oct 24, 2008, 03:59 PM
Oh, if thats the case this is even more bullshit. Nobody gives a fuck if you cant see. Its "BLINDING" only for a second max, your going to hit your target anyway, you STILL have lockon, and it makes up for the fact i waste PP trying to hit shit you keep blowing all over the place.

There is no excuse for this poor judgement, sorry.

have you partied w/ masterforces using lv 50 techs? you have no idea what you are talking about.
lets take rafoie as an example. the massive blinding fire explosion animation lasts for a little over one second but MF can cast it about once a second w/ madoog. so you will be completely blinded 100% of the time until the MF stops casting it.

b/c of this, non MFs simply could not party w/ MFs, end of story. well, unless they didnt mind wearing a blindfold the entire time. once MF comes out on eng ver, you will see complaints left and right about it and SOA will implement the "fix" for that version.

HyperShot-X-
Oct 24, 2008, 05:33 PM
lets take rafoie as an example. the massive blinding fire explosion animation lasts for a little over one second but MF can cast it about once a second w/ madoog. so you will be completely blinded 100% of the time until the MF stops casting it.

b/c of this, non MFs simply could not party w/ MFs, end of story.
to put this in perspective for clear picture, a MF who casts rafoi a block away from point of impact will see not that big of explosion from so far away, but to others(mainly fighters) up close with enemies all they ever see is just complete blank screen for as long as MF spams techs until all enemies are dead.
At this point, even a rush fix like ST did is a 'good' fix until they can come up with something better.

RemiusTA
Oct 24, 2008, 07:57 PM
They wont come up with something better. This is their fix. I wouldnt be surprised if the next expansion had the same stupid fix as well. Perhaps making the technics smaller, or making them transparent would work well. But displaying the technic with no conformation which level it actually is isnt smart, its just too stupid to fathom for an MMO.

Its like taking a random MMORPG, giving every mage class simple / mid level / endgame techniques, and then displaying the Endgame techniques with Midlevel graphics so that the only indication of the level of the player's ability would be the damage numbers. Its like slander or something.

Sega IS the biggest troll. I wouldnt mind at all if they simply said "we're downgrading the scale/ visual effect of that variant of the spell", but instead they just straight "LUL YUR SPELL Iz 21+ NAO SRY" everybody. At least still I would be able to enjoy watching the powerful looking spells my partners are shelling out. Now im forced to stare at that ugly ass over-stretched Foie 21+ effect for the rest of my playtime.

Hell, the funny part is that unless you're a force, and espically if you are a new player, you'll never even see the endgame forms of technics. Highest you can see is the Vanilla PSU graphical cap.

Evangeline
Oct 24, 2008, 09:48 PM

No way! I'm not a techer at all, but this really bugs me. I love to watch my friends level up their spells. I'm like a little kid watching fireworks "ooh, ahh, thats sooo cool!"
I don't have the patience to level spells up that high, but I love to see it when other people have.
So to all the techers out there, I DO CARE. I love to see your super sweet high level spells. ^_^

Aeris PSU?!?!
Nov 3, 2008, 12:34 PM
here's my personal opinion on the issue of SEGA (maybe) capping the TECHS that you will see if you are playing with a techer. First of all, if you have ever tried to level a TECH to level 40, you'll know that it requires some time, let alone trying to level all of them, and you will want to make sure that your TECH is noticed. The same goes for gunners and fighters. we all know how important it is for your RED SKILL or LARGE BULLET to be noticed. So, with that being said, if they REALLY are thinking about capping the TECHS that you see, then it would only be fair that they cap all other Skills/Bullets/and Traps Along with the Healing TECHS and BUFFS. And you say "well my SKILLS dont make you lag." but if you're in the final room of White Beast (oh joy) and someone is using jabroga, or tornado dance, the flying of the monsters alone will cause lag, especially with the ice guns casting lv 21 barta constantly. and jabroga is just like casting level 21 gidiga by the way...And in case anyone has'nt noticed, level 21 dambarta and ra-megid and rafoie cause just as much, if not more lag, than the level 31 version does. And so lets move on to traps, which probably cause more lag than anything in the game. So i feel that we should only have to see the small version that you see when you use a regular trap instead of an inferno or freezing of ice. "whats fair is fair" =/ and I for one, dont want my TECHS capped on anyone's screen. So if you DO support the capping of TECHS, then i must say, its not gonna make any difference in lagging issues >.<

BIGGIEstyle
Nov 3, 2008, 12:38 PM
It's not about lag. It's about the speed of use with high level tech making it an impenetrable wall of technic graphics to everyone other than the techer once masterforce comes out.

It's not a "maybe" either. This isn't something you can veto. They WILL be doing it, and we dont really have a say in it. JP players complained about it too and they still did it. Any Sega is more inclined to fix something they complain about more than if we complain about it.

autumn
Nov 3, 2008, 12:41 PM
There have been multiple topics regarding the cap on technics past a certain level. Why can't we keep all the poorly written whining confined to the preexisting ones? And if you feel you must have your own topic to be heard please make sure to use both proper grammar and punctuation. At least that way you may be taken seriously.

The search function should be a vital part of using the forums.

Aeris PSU?!?!
Nov 3, 2008, 12:44 PM
lol im sorry but i had to laugh at that last one =)

There have been multiple topics regarding the cap on technics past a certain level. Why can't we keep all the poorly written whining confined to the preexisting ones? And if you feel you must have your own topic to be heard please make sure to use both proper grammar and punctuation. At least that way you may be taken seriously.

The search function should be a vital part of using the forums.

first of all, the other threads didnt mention the things i did, and i would like to hear the opinions of others reguardless of whether they oppose or support my message, if you dont like my thread then dont read it lol :-P

Inazuma
Nov 3, 2008, 12:48 PM
here we go again...

its not about slowdown. its about high level techs completely blinding other players. MF casts huge blinding techs so fast that players close to the monsters will be totally blinded 100% of the time until the MF stops.

btw, if slowdown bothers you that much, you should really switch to pc ver.

Aeris PSU?!?!
Nov 3, 2008, 12:51 PM
here we go again...

its not about slowdown. its about high level techs completely blinding other players. MF casts huge blinding techs so fast that players close to the monsters will be totally blinded 100% of the time until the MF stops.

btw, if slowdown bothers you that much, you should really switch to pc ver.

oh no, i dont have the problem, i just notice that people complain sometimes about teh traps causing lag, im at about 6.0mbps i dont see much lag...8-)

but i do appreciate the comments and facts that ive seen, had i known that lag was not the problem (although thats all you hear people talk about in parties concerning the issue of TECHS) then i probably would not have made this thread but thats what its supposed to be, learn more about the game and popular issues in the game =D

xBladeM6x
Nov 3, 2008, 01:40 PM
They should implement the Visual TECH nerf. But with this one of the two following options (or both) in mind:

1: Allow this feature to be turned off for anyone who is partying with Techers.

2: Only allow people to see the actual 31-50 Technics if there is 1-2 people in the party. After another person joins, the Technics become 21+ for everyone visually, besides the techer casting the technics.

amtalx
Nov 3, 2008, 01:49 PM
Since when do bullets get bigger as they level?

ashley50
Nov 3, 2008, 01:55 PM
Since when do bullets get bigger as they level?

My thoughts exactly...

Raveno
Nov 3, 2008, 03:14 PM
could they reduce the quality of the techs?

amtalx
Nov 3, 2008, 03:19 PM
could they reduce the quality of the techs?

That would require ST to develop alternate graphics and animations. If there were to go that far, it would be better just to fix the actual problem: A PS2 game uses resources like its f*cking Crysis.

Kumlekar
Nov 3, 2008, 04:11 PM
Whether it fixes 'some' of the lag or not is mute.
I work on computers and do Web Design as my job on a daily basis. You can fix lag without doing that.

No 'true techers' are going to want to be a techer anymore. What's the fun of having a massive diga ball or megid flying across the screen if no one can see it?

Not to mention that will only fix lag in missions techers are in.
It's not going to do jack to fix oh say...Flowery Pursuit, where when you walk in if you have more than 1 person with you lag so bad you have to restart your 360 after the mission.

Not server lag, video card lag.

This should have an option to enable or disable it. If someone has a good enough comp theres no reason why this is necessary. The real problem isn't with the tech animations its the way in which PSU handles them, but fixing that would require rewriting a huge amount of code.

xBladeM6x
Nov 3, 2008, 04:34 PM
No way! I'm not a techer at all, but this really bugs me. I love to watch my friends level up their spells. I'm like a little kid watching fireworks "ooh, ahh, thats sooo cool!"
I don't have the patience to level spells up that high, but I love to see it when other people have.
So to all the techers out there, I DO CARE. I love to see your super sweet high level spells. ^_^
Agree 100%. Although i do have a techer with 31+ spells. :D

Ruru
Nov 3, 2008, 05:37 PM
instead of a 21cap they should just downgrade the techs like they did when AoTI came out in the first place. that way others can see your techs and NOT be blinded or lagged and you can still have a sense of accomplishment of your powerfull techs. i understand this would be too much work for sega though.... seeing as how it's sega.

i for one dont care either way about my own tech graphics, but i do know my friends like to see my "powerfull" looking spells and at the same time reading "that's pretty" etc, does feel good at times.

but hey if i'm gonna end up blinding people then i'm all for sega's lolfix. hopefully they will do a REAL fix one day though (sega so i doubt it @.@)

Akaimizu
Nov 4, 2008, 09:52 AM
In general. It was more of a short-sighted mistake. When they came up with the tech graphics, they really didn't anticipate the MasterForce.

In a way, I kind of hoped they would pull off a Dreamcast->GC/XBox (in Multiplayer) setup. Where they figured out how to downgrade all the tech graphics a little, but in a way that still would allow the *new* tech levels to look impressive. It would've made an especially nice impact on the Western-side if they were to accomplish this before the MasterClasses came out. That way, unless you saw the initial Japanese release, you'd still see tech graphics you never saw before by the time people had those new tech levels.

It was also probably a bit of a design mistake, too. There are ways to make techs look super awesome without blinding the screen. Just like it's possible to make silly-looking stock explosions that DO blind the screen. (See the Gekiganger spinoff from Nadesico)

Note: And yes, I know Gekiganger did that completely on purpose as a humorous parody of many old Big Robot shows.