PDA

View Full Version : Mission Carnival

Mighty Earth Sage
Oct 17, 2008, 11:57 AM
I heard that we're not getting it next week. is this true?

if so I guess I have no reason to play for a while. that means back to Soul Calibur 4.

Kizeragi
Oct 17, 2008, 12:15 PM
According to GM's, ya it's true.
They had something lined up though, but the usual "technical difficulties" line, pops up.

Not bothering me at all, Fable 2 for me soon.

ashley50
Oct 17, 2008, 12:16 PM
Find it out on October 24th...

by waiting.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 17, 2008, 12:20 PM
Find it out on October 24th...

by waiting.
This....
i'm not really worried about it just gives me more times to level my bullets for GM....."whenever" we get master classes. *cough* december :-o

DarkEliteRico
Oct 17, 2008, 12:29 PM
I'll be playing Dead Space hopefully tonight and a few other games waiting for our updates. I've only been on and off in PSU lately, it's begining to loose my attention more and more

Mighty Earth Sage
Oct 17, 2008, 12:32 PM
well, I still have parts and equpiment to unlock on Soul Calibur 4 and I'm far from finished with Metal Gear Solid 4. so no complaints really.

I also may be getting Warhawk soon.

Cracka_J
Oct 17, 2008, 12:56 PM
I've only been on and off in PSU lately, it's begining to loose my attention more and more

aka get coin, log off.

I know the feeling :(

Darius_Drake
Oct 17, 2008, 03:37 PM
aka get coin, log off.

You know what's really sad is that this has been my habit for the past week. Play other games, finish, put PSU in, log in, get coin, log off. I don't feel so bad about doing it now.

necman
Oct 19, 2008, 07:57 PM
You know what's really sad is that this has been my habit for the past week. Play other games, finish, put PSU in, log in, get coin, log off. I don't feel so bad about doing it now.

Guilty of this also. I do stick around from time to time if certain friends log on and want to play other wise I log out.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 19, 2008, 08:22 PM
Oh lol, I haven't gotten a coin in probably over half a year, I just don't see any reason.

HienkyakuX
Oct 19, 2008, 09:24 PM
aka get coin, log off.

same here other than a few eye catching things here and there :P

Arika
Oct 19, 2008, 10:15 PM
it might come as Canival+ at this point (jk)

Genoa
Oct 19, 2008, 10:35 PM
Well I've been taking advantage of this mundane period and got many tech levels :D
Usually I procrastinate leveling PA's when there's some kind of event going on or new missions for rare-hunting. Lately, Sakura Blast has been my best friend :)
Everyone go level your PA's! :O

Syaoran_69
Oct 19, 2008, 10:42 PM
When I do play psu I just level my techs, but I don't think I'll be playing most of the time... rock band 2 is too fun.

-Crokar-
Oct 19, 2008, 10:53 PM
leveling my lasers and rifles. finally got all my shotgun arts to 40. chamga sucks lol.

joefro
Oct 19, 2008, 10:59 PM
I hope this event is fun. If it isn't, this might be the end of PSU(for me.)

it might come as Canival+ at this point (jk)
lol

leveling my lasers and rifles. finally got all my shotgun arts to 40. chamga sucks lol.
Then why use it?

-Crokar-
Oct 19, 2008, 11:05 PM
i only leveled it because i want all 32 bullets for gunmaster to be capped

joefro
Oct 19, 2008, 11:21 PM
Ah, I see. I would but I just don't have the patience. :p

ShadowDragon28
Oct 19, 2008, 11:21 PM
We better get the Halloween lobbies and Lightning Mission Carnival on the 24th.... >:|

DAMASCUS
Oct 20, 2008, 12:02 AM
I'm betting on the Halloween promotions and the next story mission on the 24th...oh and the server modification. How about that power service maintenance update? lol

Arika
Oct 20, 2008, 12:18 AM
I hope this event is fun. If it isn't, this might be the end of PSU(for me.)

well, I dont think you can hope so much. survivor mission is FUN. but mainly you have to do more of the main sphere farming mission, which is.... ehh... well.... uhmm... ahh... lo,ol

mvffin
Oct 20, 2008, 03:34 AM
survivor mission is FUN.

Fun, but is it super hard to finish?

Whats the best strategy to go with? 31+ rifles?

I plan on using my F Beast FG for the event, with incincible nano... seems to me like it would work the best.

Dragwind
Oct 20, 2008, 06:20 AM
I can't wait to see fortefighters whine and claim the event is too hard ;o

-Crokar-
Oct 20, 2008, 12:31 PM
lol that will be great

CelestialBlade
Oct 20, 2008, 12:33 PM
Probably the same people that cry about Bladed Legacy, which is one of the most fun things to come to PSU in a long time.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 20, 2008, 12:46 PM

Although my "1st" character was a fortefighter im all fortegunner now so no whining from me....unless a room is full of bullet-resistant monsters.....then again i do have those 40%+ Blumiers ^_^

Mighty Earth Sage
Oct 20, 2008, 01:28 PM

that's why I switched my main to fortegunner. ^^

Darius_Drake
Oct 20, 2008, 03:35 PM

Not this fortefighter. I love a challenge. I loved Bladed Legacy until I realized the boss boxes were messed up. I even tried to take on those Magashis at the end solo on S2. That didn't go so well, but I love a good fight. I will also be back at Bladed Legacy when they fix the boss boxes.

RemiusTA
Oct 20, 2008, 06:44 PM
Not this fortefighter. I love a challenge. I loved Bladed Legacy until I realized the boss boxes were messed up. I even tried to take on those Magashis at the end solo on S2. That didn't go so well, but I love a good fight. I will also be back at Bladed Legacy when they fix the boss boxes.

can i pleeaassee get your partner card xD

Before i canceled my sub. i was soloing every S2 difficult mission i could. No party, no partner cards, no PM. Took a few trips back to the shops, took a few scapedolls (more like 20), used a few mates (more like 190 combined), but in the end i had that old PSO feeling you get when you've been playing for an hour on the same stage, get your ass kicked by the boss a few times, but still turn the game off happy as hell.

PSU NEEDS missions where fortefighters get their asses handed to them. We need missions that REQUIRE people to keep moons and stars stocked religiously and keep their force alive for Giresta. I cant believe anyone would bitch about a challenge on this game.

i guess anything that cant be jarbroken'd to death is too hard.

I still say all S3 missions should have increased monster levels, but only 4 player party caps. :p

Noblewine
Oct 20, 2008, 11:06 PM
October 24th...

I can just PA level while I wait. I hope this is accurate. I'm looking forward to seeing how my main does if the missions are designed to give Fortefighters trouble. This will be interesting.

Powder Keg
Oct 20, 2008, 11:10 PM
Probably the same people that cry about Bladed Legacy, which is one of the most fun things to come to PSU in a long time.

Agreed. Bugged boxes at the end made it lol though.

DAMASCUS
Oct 20, 2008, 11:22 PM
A little bit of Deja Vu....Carnival might be axed in favor of getting caught up on updates. Oh boy here we go...zzzz

hunterseifer
Oct 21, 2008, 01:54 AM

Before i canceled my sub. i was soloing every S2 difficult mission i could. No party, no partner cards, no PM. Took a few trips back to the shops, took a few scapedolls (more like 20), used a few mates (more like 190 combined), but in the end i had that old PSO feeling you get when you've been playing for an hour on the same stage, get your ass kicked by the boss a few times, but still turn the game off happy as hell.

PSU NEEDS missions where fortefighters get their asses handed to them. We need missions that REQUIRE people to keep moons and stars stocked religiously and keep their force alive for Giresta. I cant believe anyone would bitch about a challenge on this game.

I still say all S3 missions should have increased monster levels, but only 4 player party caps. :p

Yeah, I know what you mean, I can solo any mish on this game without any trouble, I havent run bladed legacy S2 solo , just duo with a friend when it came out, only decent one they have out, anyway, how about this for a new mish that hurts FF's, machines as normal enemies(melee 1/2 dmg), and gaozoran with jusnagun(melee 1/2 dmg) as mini boses with multiples of them at once, and to finish it off with that boss from DT but stays in the air more with alot more hp lol, hes not hard but more annoying

Genoa
Oct 21, 2008, 02:05 AM
A little bit of Deja Vu....Carnival might be axed in favor of getting caught up on updates. Oh boy here we go...zzzz
Of course, they wouldn't dare miss the opportunity to nerf tech animations before hand..
It's sad to think that NOBODY will be able to see lvl.41+ Attack techs from ANYONE other than yourself. So if you're techs aren't ready for Masterforce... you better enjoy youtube video quality <___>

DreXxiN
Oct 21, 2008, 02:09 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean, I can solo any mish on this game without any trouble, I havent run bladed legacy S2 solo , just duo with a friend when it came out, only decent one they have out, anyway, how about this for a new mish that hurts FF's, machines as normal enemies(melee 1/2 dmg), and gaozoran with jusnagun(melee 1/2 dmg) as mini boses with multiples of them at once, and to finish it off with that boss from DT but stays in the air more with alot more hp lol, hes not hard but more annoying

I'm going to have to disagree. From the years of playing all the way from DC V1 PSO to PSU now, You can tell the huge difference of satisfaction between annoying hard and challenging hard.

RemiusTA
Oct 21, 2008, 07:15 AM
PSO was more of annoying difficutly, because all it consisted of (if you were a Humar like me) was getting lots of HP, running up and getting a few charged hits in, getting knocked down, resta, and abuse the last second of invincibility before getting knocked down again.

PSU is a tad different. The game suddendly has alot more depth when you are required to sacrifice high numbers and neat looking PA's for photon arts that actually give you mobility and can get quick hits in without you getting hit. Now that Resta was taken out of the mix for anyone who isnt a force, when you're going solo and fighting a bunch of enemies with overpowered elemental attacks, you suddendly arent so quick to get hit anymore.

I think the last mission i solo'd before i canceled was that new S2 Cubo base mission with the huge fire reskins of the Bil de Vers, and their beefed up attacks and that cool Charged Rapidfire Superfoie. Put me up against one, and i can manage by manuvering. Put me up against 2 while the other one is shooting crap at me and jumping on my face from across the room, and ive got problems...

Edit: I have to admit though, whoever's idea it was to put melee / gunner / technic blocks on enemies was pretty smart, but soloing missions vs large enemies that are melee resistant is the most annoying shit on the game. Nothing is worse than getting your ass kicked AND doing a maximum of 50% damage output.

If PSU used that a bit more often, then it would be a much more challenging game and suddendly different party members would become really useful.

Darius_Drake
Oct 21, 2008, 09:26 AM

No problem. My gamertag is shown below (Atrloki). Just let me know when you want to meet up. They say they will be fixing the boss boxes at Bladed Legacy Friday so I know where I will be. (Sharpening up my weapons as we speak). I also restock on scape dolls and other things between missions to keep fully stocked.

desturel
Oct 21, 2008, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean, I can solo any mish on this game without any trouble,

I don't know about you, but I still have problems with Seed Awakened S2. The rooms with the 4 shielded Gaozoran and Sendillian are a constant PITA.

Bladed Legacy I've actually found easier as my Techer than any other class. Seed Awakened S2 I find easiest as a gunner, but there are too many bullet resistant enemies so it takes a while to complete (I bring a couple of spears along to speed things up). Flowery Pursuit S2 also gives me a few problems solo with the three Shinowa in the last room. The rappy room would be annoying as well, but I can't get to it solo.

Mighty Earth Sage
Oct 22, 2008, 01:26 PM
Agreed. Bugged boxes at the end made it lol though.

that's the reason I stopped doing Bladed Legacy.

I hope to god we don't get a roll back on this little "pseudo-update" we're getting in a couple days.