PDA

View Full Version : AotI Which Master Class will be used the most???

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 17, 2008, 02:02 PM
Just wanted to see other opinions.
IMO i think it will be like this (from most to least)
FM>MF>GM

Im only messing with GM so......yea :P

Majarra
Oct 17, 2008, 02:07 PM
I think people are gonna realise GM has the most DMG potential. Once people lvl up their bullets theyll be gunmasters. i see it as GM>FM>MF. But then again there are more fortefighters......

Kinako78
Oct 17, 2008, 02:08 PM
I'm gonna say Fighmaster, but we may see a lot of Masterforce, too, depending on how many techers there are that don't care about playing any kind of support role.

Marron_Shido
Oct 17, 2008, 02:11 PM
Well I for one, plan on staying Acrotecher when I join up with parties. :D

Kinako78
Oct 17, 2008, 02:14 PM
Well I for one, plan on staying Acrotecher when I join up with parties. :D

Yeah, same here. You and I enjoy playing a support role. But others may not.

Cracka_J
Oct 17, 2008, 02:16 PM
Fighmaster.

I see more GM then MF as well. There's barely any decent techers left anyway, very few of them are gonna want to give up their support for nukes.

I'll play all 3 though :)

Neith
Oct 17, 2008, 02:18 PM
Fighmaster, easily. Too many people will be drawn in by the thought of increased attack speed with Lv50 Majarra/Jabroga :wacko:

I'll be trying all 3, but I'm looking forward to Gunmaster the most (once I finish leveling Laser Cannon bullets :disapprove: )

DarkEliteRico
Oct 17, 2008, 02:19 PM
only messing with gunmaster for the most part, i'll have an alt that's a fightmaster though

Marron_Shido
Oct 17, 2008, 02:23 PM
wow no one has voted for Master Force yet! *ROFL*

Akaimizu
Oct 17, 2008, 02:27 PM
I think Fighmaster. Seems *across the board*, the love for the melee seems to take the majority. Master Force may get a little unfair judgement in consideration, and thus not have as many people.

GunMaster, seems to lose a bit due to the love for melee most people seem to have. Between the gaming community here and Japan, the excitement for ranged seems to be a little less. Can't really blame them. I was the same thing for a good Thousand or two hours during PSO's time, only to finally give gunners a try late in the game.

I guess I compensated by starting off hard with a gun-toting character, for PSU.

Aorre
Oct 17, 2008, 02:39 PM
I'll say GM, but either way it's looking very close.

Darius_Drake
Oct 17, 2008, 03:33 PM
I have one of my characters set for fighmaster and one of my characters set for gunmaster. I look forward to playing both of those classes. I really want to try masterforce, but I just can't imagine giving up my support spells. I will keep that character an acrotecher. I do know some people who hated being "slaves" to the party and would rather just attack creatures with techs. In their case masterforce is right up their alley. It's just not my cup of tea.

EspioKaos
Oct 17, 2008, 03:39 PM
I expect to see way more Fighmasters than anything else. But personally, I'll be going Masterforce once it's release.

Bitzen
Oct 17, 2008, 03:41 PM
Definately Fighmaster. I haven't seen a random fortegunner in awhile, but tooons of fortefighters. Personally, I'm gonna try out MF for a bit, but probably go back to FT for it's crazy balance.( 30 bullets, 40 attack and support? sign me up!)

Kylie
Oct 17, 2008, 03:42 PM
Fighmaster, easily. Too many people will be drawn in by the thought of increased attack speed with Lv50 Majarra/Jabroga
Indeed. :-P There's really no doubt. I probably won't be one of them though (at least not long term) because I love my twin claws and daggers too much. :dead: Plus, my AT could easily became my new main with levels, and I'm not interested in all nukes or range.

Inazuma
Oct 17, 2008, 04:19 PM
as much as i love MF, i cant deny the fact that they completely suck compared to FM/GM. MF kills monsters about twice as slow as FM/GM and dies MUCH easier, many times in 1 or 2 hits. they mite be better than all the hybrid types but the gap between them and the other masters is massive. you have to be a stubborn idiot or completely dedicated to techs to play as MF, bottom line -_-

FM and GM are both extremely good types, far and away better than everything else. i predict they will be somewhat close in popularity for eng ver, w/ FM being on top. on the jp ver, most players use ps2s or weak pcs, so they cant move fast as FM. but in america, i think most players will be using decent pcs, so that means they can use tornado dance to quickly get around as FM.

SStrikerR
Oct 17, 2008, 04:30 PM
I'll have a Fighmaster, a masterforce, a gunmaster, and a FT.

chicken105
Oct 17, 2008, 04:35 PM
Fighmaster!!!!

Kizeragi
Oct 17, 2008, 04:40 PM
Defo Fighmaster. Although I'm looking ALOT more forward to Gunmaster.
Gattling shotguns + automatic rifles + rapid fire lasers FTW! XD

Dragwind
Oct 17, 2008, 04:41 PM
I'm voting possibly a good tie between FM and GM, with FM becoming more popular in the long run.

UNLIMITED
Oct 17, 2008, 04:47 PM
I think that the fighmasters are gonna be the best thing out there, followed by gunmasters, then masterforce, only because most players play melee characters, then gun players next, then force players next. I personally use guns, so i'll probably be playing a gunmaster, but i'm really excited to see the power of the masterforces. ^^

Dealbreaker
Oct 17, 2008, 08:44 PM
There will be a ton of fighmasters. I plan on makeing my beast one. Then my techer a masterforce. Dont really care for GM i like my PT.

Africa
Oct 17, 2008, 08:56 PM
I'm pretty sure it'll be FM but there'll be a lot of GM's to.I kinda see more techers sticking to acro and forte because of the horrible stats of MF.I'll be going MF but realistically i see that class being abandoned by alot of ppl because the tech nerf and stats. I think FM and GM will retain most ppl who went that way but MF will be very rare to see in comparison to the other classes.

mvffin
Oct 17, 2008, 09:22 PM
FM will be the most popular, but most people aren't ready for it. GM is the easiest one to have decent power with, since most of your power is in PA levels. MF is just lol. (still doing one of each though.)

wolfie2
Oct 18, 2008, 09:51 AM
i dont plan on goin GM just for the simple fact that i like my grenade launcher to much:-P as for MF im not sure yet as ill have to c the stats with my own eyes b4 i decide and as for FM it is possible that i will do that but but i dont c it happin yet

Cranberry
Oct 18, 2008, 09:55 AM
How far behind are we now in the Japanese in terms of getting the master classes? They've had them for a while now haven't they?

Inazuma
Oct 18, 2008, 11:19 AM
How far behind are we now in the Japanese in terms of getting the master classes? They've had them for a while now haven't they?

we got master types back in feb 08, during the mission carnival

EspioKaos
Oct 18, 2008, 11:25 AM
March 27 (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=639), actually. ;) Still, that's at least a seven month gap between our servers.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 18, 2008, 12:53 PM
March 27 (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=639), actually. ;) Still, that's at least a seven month gap between our servers.

Eh rumor has it that we will get Master classes during or after LC :-o
but im just waiting.

BigshowPat
Oct 18, 2008, 01:17 PM
Simply FighMaster.

Eleina
Oct 18, 2008, 01:26 PM
And we have to wait at least 2 months after carnival before seeing them. And carnival won't be around for another 3 weeks so....3 + 4 (carnival duration IF everything goes ok) + 2 = 9 weeks.
Which places us pretty much 9 months behind now. n_n

Ryno
Oct 18, 2008, 01:35 PM
wow no one has voted for Master Force yet! *ROFL*

I Voted Master Force

Kumlekar
Oct 18, 2008, 01:56 PM
I won't be suprised to see people playing masterforce as a secondary. I think the most popular will be fighmaster (considering the number of Fighgunners that only use doublesabers), and GM will be a bit underplayed even with its damage potential.

MaserForce will draw from the Fortefighter crowd exclusively. (acrotechers won't want to give up support)
Fighmaster will draw from Fortefighters and Fighunners.
Gunmaster will draw from ForteGunner, and maybe Guntecher and Fighgunner just based on people obsessed with S-rank twin handguns.

I'm setting my main to be able to play either FM of GM in addition to protranser right now. Never been a double saber fan, but Durega+IAS? Hell Yeah!

stukasa
Oct 18, 2008, 07:05 PM
FM > GM > MF (in terms of numbers)

For me personally, I'm only interested in Gunmaster and Masterforce. Fighmaster weapon selection doesn't interest me at all. :s

vii_havok_iiv
Oct 19, 2008, 01:20 AM
GM FTW

darkante
Oct 19, 2008, 02:42 AM
Probably Gunmaster as the variation of it, hardly differs from what Fortegunner has to offer. I probably go Gunmaster when i have mastered my laser selection.

Hardly FighMaster though, almost no weapon variety compared to itīs big brother Fortefighter.
Which is hard to get bored from. =D

Zael
Oct 19, 2008, 06:05 AM
Gunmaster. It's the best one and the easiest to equip.

chicken105
Oct 19, 2008, 06:56 PM
Gunmaster. It's the best one and the easiest to equip.
fighmasters better if u get 50% weapons <<

Aorre
Oct 19, 2008, 07:08 PM
fighmasters better if u get 50% weapons <<

You're both right, but only because GM is better than FM in certain missions, and vice versa. For instance, De Rol Le obviously isn't much fun for a FM, but people tend to forget the journey to the boss when claiming GM is better.

Also, Paradi owns.

Genoa
Oct 20, 2008, 02:34 AM
I think it will be FM > MF > GM in my opinion.
I'm going for all of them :D but I know I'm going to suck the most as FM.
I have a half-ass melee palette and half-ass Skill PA levels.
GM... eh, I have a few good bullets and a decent collection of rare guns...
MF, almost ready, closing in on the 40 attack techs.

But I'm definitely ready for those AT support lvl.50 techs :D !!!
Beast going GM, Cast going FM, Newman going MF, and Human staying AT.

X--Hero--X
Oct 20, 2008, 04:11 AM
Good weps + good PA's would make any class amazing. In the end it will be on the player, how well there class turns out.

(I'll use em' all.)

Ethateral
Oct 20, 2008, 10:42 AM
FM will be the most popular, but I think that MF will be the second most played of the Master classes. I hardly see ANY gunners around anymore. I see more forces than anything alongside fighters. I personally will have a MF main and a FM secondary. CAST F FM~ D:

Anduril
Oct 20, 2008, 11:02 AM
FM will be the most popular, but I think that MF will be the second most played of the Master classes. I hardly see ANY gunners around anymore. I see more forces than anything alongside fighters. I personally will have a MF main and a FM secondary. CAST F FM~ D:

Reall? Then I must just be a gunner magnet. Every time I play half of my parties fill with Fortegunners. But on topic, I think that FM will be the most popular when the Masterclasses come out but I personally think that GM will last out longer as a viable type that more people play just because it seems more of a natural progression for Fortegunners, the only gun that gets used often that it is missing is the Grenade Launcher.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 20, 2008, 12:36 PM

I'm a fortegunner :-o but i do agree with ur statement though

RemiusTA
Oct 20, 2008, 03:31 PM
I think Gunmaster and Masterforce will seem to be seen alot, since about half of the forces will switch and almost ALL of the gunners will switch.

The damage potential for both of them will increase by a crapload. Definately for Masterforce with the increased speed and higher level/range/target technics, but most definately the gunners with the increased speed and Elemental damage + Super high level Status effects.

But i can already tell, Gunmasters and Masterforces are going to get alot of ragg for sucking when they are released due to misuse. There is no reason to be a masterforce or gunmaster without super high level technics/bullets. fighmaster on the other hand will be just as broken as whenever.

Akaimizu
Oct 20, 2008, 03:39 PM
I would guess Gunmaster will pretty much rock the house, but at the same time, I think the bias towards Melee will keep it from the top. I mean, for the most part, Guns keep their bullet graphics quite subdued compared to other PAs. All they get is pure speed without much reason to see any slowdown with their speed. It's like taking a simple flat-shaded polygon game, with today's machines, and speeding them up. Now if Gunmasters could use Crossbows and perhaps grenades, that would be a different story. They get a PP efficiency loss, but at the tradeoff that they're using nothing but S weapons in which one of their typical aspects (even if power isn't always one of them) is more PP.

Shivah
Oct 20, 2008, 03:52 PM
My bet: Fighmaster > Mastertecher > Gunmaster.

WhiteKnight01
Oct 22, 2008, 12:53 PM
staying on my male acrotecher for the first few weeks then jump on my ft and change her to mf

sephiroth115
Oct 22, 2008, 06:22 PM
I know I'm probably not going to change, If I were, I would go MF, but then I would lose my pallet of chaos and my pumpkinhead. I basically play like a MF as it is right now anyway, but I really don't want to see the hit to PP. Could you imagine the speed of a MF with a Har/ Quick?

Shivah
Oct 23, 2008, 06:05 AM
Could you imagine the speed of a MF with a Har/ Quick?

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=0fUkLYc1vr8 ;)

Transgamergurl
Oct 23, 2008, 06:17 AM
Its odd people say they don't see any Fortegunner's around. I see them everywhere really. My vote goes to Gunmaster. and if my memory serves me correct, in Japan Fighmaster was popular at first but i think mostly now all you see are Gunmasters. I for one will switch one of my alts to Gunmaster, but my Main will forever be a Protranser!

AlliThePally
Oct 23, 2008, 07:01 AM
Id say Fighmasters, and then Gunmasters. I dont really expect to see that many MasterForces :p

wolfie2
Oct 23, 2008, 12:49 PM
i decided im deff goin mf with my newman and deff NOT goin gm with my cast, still not sure bout fm with my beast tho;-)

VetroDrago
Oct 23, 2008, 01:15 PM
My newman has always been like a MF, so I'm really pumped for it. I expect fighmaster to be the most used. I'll have all three master types/classes and an acrotecher. That way I can take any art to 50 :). I doubt I'll reach 50 on many arts. I'm lazy lol.

ashley50
Oct 23, 2008, 01:23 PM
time will tell which will be the most used class...

Dana
Oct 23, 2008, 01:24 PM
My newman has always been like a MF, so I'm really pumped for it. I expect fighmaster to be the most used. I'll have all three master types/classes and an acrotecher. That way I can take any art to 50 :). I doubt I'll reach 50 on many arts. I'm lazy lol.

Not all can hit 50 still :(

Some are limited by class and therefore can only go as high as 30 (whips for example)

fay
Oct 23, 2008, 05:54 PM
this is how i see it

FM>MF>GM

fighmaster - like 90%+ people probably prefer slow weapons but with big numbers so this is perfect for them

gun master - all their guns are s rank. all fortegunners same weapons are s aswell except twin handgun BUT twin ruby bullet is better anyway so fortegunner has advantage. fortegunner also uses 40% less pp when shooting. if you dont mind downgrading your twin handguns and using up 40% more pp then gun master is for you.

master force - pritty much every tecker will at least try this to start off with. all teckers will stay master force except the teckers who are true supporters and will stay acrotecker. - i see 95%+ of forteteckers going master force

hazerdous
Oct 23, 2008, 06:04 PM
Gunmaster is gonna be the most useful of the group, you get fortegunner but S-rank duel pistols. The best of both worlds and faster but I still will be using guntecher for the cubo sinbma beast!

wolfie2
Oct 31, 2008, 02:50 AM
i honestly think most fortegunners will stay fortegunners coz yea ok u only get A rank pistols but all the other weapons u can use r S except machine gun. to me idc if i cant get my bullets to lv 50 and i like my grenades to much plus i do more dammage with my grenade then i do my rifle or any other fg wep but i still use rilfes and mach guns and shottys and once in awhile twin pistols. i kno theres a bunch of gunners out there that use laser cannons but for me they shoot to slow and r only good (IMO) if u use them in a small hallway where the monsters r bunched up together and cant really run anywhere. u can use lasers anywhere u want but like i said (IMO) there only good for narrow hallways

wolfie2
Oct 31, 2008, 02:51 AM
as for MF and FM ive decided ima go those classes with my alts and as for my human i was thinkin protranser but not sure yet:-)

lexus_chris
Oct 31, 2008, 04:52 AM
NO class will be used the most, because by the time they put them in the game, everyone will be gone, tired of lack of updates and playing Huxley or some other mmo that actually does something with your $10 a month