PDA

View Full Version : Region Interconnectivity

Jonty
Oct 17, 2008, 02:41 PM
So I'm thinking about importing PSZ from Japan but...

If I were to buy the later released (hopefully!) english translated version, do you reckon I could connect the two up and offload my various weapons and such from my Japanese version? I'm not sure about the interconnectivity of games from different regions, though I know the DS itself is region free.

Shiroyu
Oct 17, 2008, 02:46 PM
It really depends on the servers, but chances are, it's rather unlikely.

Some games, however, do allow inter-connectivity between regions, such as Mario Kart, so there is a chance that it could happen.

Akaimizu
Oct 17, 2008, 02:56 PM
Well, the opportunity is there again for it. Especially since non-friends need to communicate using pre-set phrase or picto-phrase selections. (I'd guess they are available even if you are friends) This would possibly reintroduce the idea of the across-language communication that PSO had. Not to build up any hopes for it, but I do see the opportunity.

ShadowInferno119
Oct 17, 2008, 03:25 PM
I see it happening, since There are plenty of games, that connect from different regions. including Mario Kart. Metroid Prime Hunters and ACWW. I'm pretty sure almost all WiFi games are. That's why there is the option to search Local, (your region) Friend, Rivals, AND World Wide So as long as you have two, DS or have someone you can trust, Give them your Items and have them send it to you.

Or if you have DS, make sure you do LOCAL multiplayer. Cause if you try to trade it over WiFi, because the DS and Game are treated like a pair over wifi. So one game has to stay with that DS which you won't want.

Jonty
Oct 17, 2008, 03:44 PM
Prospects are good!
Now I just need to wait for a release date/learn Japanese. Hurrah.

Saphion
Oct 17, 2008, 04:28 PM
I've quoted this before, but this was in the interview EspioKaos translated (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2145977&postcount=360) a while back.

Q: What is the sales point of PS0 toward PSO Ep.I&II fans?
A: Whether playing alone or as a group of four, we want people to know they can play with others around the world all the time. And even though the world of this game is different, we hope that it still evokes feelings of nostalgia and brings back fond memories.

Jonty
Oct 17, 2008, 05:34 PM
I was thinking of local connectivity specifically, but that is true.

ShadowInferno119
Oct 17, 2008, 06:15 PM
Prospects are good!
Now I just need to wait for a release date/learn Japanese. Hurrah.
lol, yeah learning Japanese might be a bit difficult.