PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Is PSU going to be Compatible with future Xbox systems?

Ryno
Oct 19, 2008, 08:02 PM
Do you Think / Hope Phantasy Star Universe will be compatible with Future gaming systems especially MOSTLY Xbox?

because right now I see the Xbox 360 cost $199.

That means I sense a New system they are making near future. they're just keeping it secret) (-_-)

and still they have not made PSO(Xbox) compatible with the Xbox 360.
(they only put the popular games....like Halo 2 )
Xbox 360 came out in May 2005? thats like almost 3 and half years ago its almost 09.
Just like the Original xbox when it cmae out in Feb of 2002 it lasted for at least three years until the 360 came out in MAy 2005
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360
but anyways,,
because with PS2 and PS3 i can play all my PS2 games on my PS3

and with my Wii with the same as GC..lol

( yes I do have all three recent systems out.. but MOSTLY play the 360)

but mostly my question is is PSU going to be compatible with Future system Especially Xbox.?
Because PSOX still has not been yet.

Powder Keg
Oct 19, 2008, 08:10 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 360 is a lot more of a success than it's original crap system. I can definitely see the 360 going on for much longer.

Ryno
Oct 19, 2008, 08:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 360 is a lot more of a success than it's original crap system. I can definitely see the 360 going on for much longer.

im mean in Future Future. when a new xbox comes. whenever the next one comes

Aisha379
Oct 19, 2008, 08:14 PM

Only until Microsoft makes a new Xbox and stops making anything for the 360. And one really can't guess when that will be, I fear the RROD situation might actually speed up the process (this is just base-less speculation though.)

And no one really knows if PSU will be compatible, its way way way too early to tell. Though if I had to GUESS....I'd probably say no. The servers might not even be online by time the next console generation gets out...

RegulusHikari
Oct 19, 2008, 08:17 PM
The next Xbox coming is a sign to move on from PSU. I don't think that's something you should be worried about.

Because PSOX still has not been yet. I'm not sure what you mean. PSO isn't compatible with newer systems? Well yeah... that's what happens. New systems = new games. That's like asking when Nintendo's going to make Super Mario World playable on the 64.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 19, 2008, 08:27 PM
Should a hypothetical Xbox 720 come out and should PSU not be compatible, couldn't you still play it on the 360?

joefro
Oct 19, 2008, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't expect MS to release the 'Next Xbox' until at least 2011(maybe 2010.) I also don't expect know PSU might be around for another one maybe two years. I read some article on 1up where some Sega guy said that the Phantasy Star [Online] series will always be a console game(answering some of our fears of portable-only PS games.) I would expect the next online PS to be on the 3G Xbox.

However, if PSU is still up and running for the 3G Xbox, here is some hope http://kotaku.com/5063787/rumor-next-xbox-to-be-forward-compatible.

Xbox 360 came out in May 2005? thats like almost 3 and half years ago its almost 09.
Just like the Original xbox when it cmae out in Feb of 2002 it lasted for at least three years until the 360 came out in MAy 2005

Actually, the 360 came out on November 22, 2005, four years and a week from the release of the original Xbox(United States dates).^^(I'm OCD about dates)

Africa
Oct 19, 2008, 09:08 PM
In one word no.ms is not to keen on backwards compatibility so i doubt it.but the 360 has at least 2-3 years before they announce the next one.the reason they lowered the 360 price is because it's cheaper to make now then it was 3 years ago. I'd bet the next play station would have a better chance at backward compatibility with the first one over the next xbox being fully or even half backward compatible with the 360.

HyperShot-X-
Oct 19, 2008, 09:19 PM
yeah, it's too early to speculate on this and you really don't need to worry about it right now, but to remind you, PSOX server was shut down already earlier this year(forgot when exactly) not because it was incompatible with X360, but because most ppl have already migrated to PSU on X360 which was new and better, and there was almost no one left on PSOX to leave the server on which was stuck in eternal x-mas lobby theme.

Probably history will repeat itself again in similar way, but hopefully there will be a brand new Phastasy Star game on the next generation console which is even more greater than PSU now and fixes all the problems we are going thru right now, just like it did from PSOX to PSU.

Cracka_J
Oct 19, 2008, 09:25 PM
uh, I think people are forgetting the "good" to "great" versions of the systems still retail from 299-399.

the core or arcade system is pretty bare bones, meant for people that want to snag the system, a game they've been wanting, a memory stick and get to gaming for under 250 bucks.

I still see the current 360 going another 3-5 years into the future strong.
I HIGHLY DOUBT PSU will be around that long. You got nothing to worry about.

-Crokar-
Oct 19, 2008, 09:28 PM
the next xbox will be released on thanksgiving in 2011.

Ryno
Oct 19, 2008, 09:59 PM
nice
I don't think that's far If you dont pay attention to time.
because Mostly I not paying attention to time because im busy doing things. and time goes by quick.
but anyways. Hope PSU is compatible with it if it does come in 2011 and it would be nice if PSOX was too as well..lol
wow in 2011 i'll be 26 years old 0_0
i'll prbably be doing somthing better in 2011...LOL probably already grad from college...lol

ThEoRy
Oct 19, 2008, 11:31 PM
I would prefer it if they just made an actual next next gen PSO/U instead :)

Syaoran_69
Oct 19, 2008, 11:37 PM
By the time that there's a new xbox system, the 360 servers will have the population of the pc/ps2 servers and no one will care when it goes down.

mvffin
Oct 19, 2008, 11:54 PM
by the time the next xbox comes out, I doubt PSU will be running (outside of japan).

That or, it will be eternal xmas again.

pikachief
Oct 20, 2008, 12:02 AM
Microsoft said, very recently, that their next system will be "Future Compatible" as in not only will all games from 360 be playable on it, but some games will look and play BETTER on the next console.

so yes u can play PSU on the next system

Kylie
Oct 20, 2008, 12:20 AM
I think I heard that too. Nintendo 2009, Microsoft 2011, and Sony 2012? Anyway, it's too early to talk about this, and if there is a reason for the price drop, it's to respond to the RROD problem.

pikachief
Oct 20, 2008, 12:30 AM
i dont think nintendo 2009 lol i think they actually said after 2010 or 2011 or something like that themselves :P

but not 2009 thats just a bit too early

Turb0
Oct 20, 2008, 12:35 AM
Back when I was standing in line for the 360 launch one of the other guys who seemed pretty knowledgeable about the gaming industry said MS was on a strict 4 year schedule for consoles, putting xbox 720 (lolz if they just keep adding 360 for every new one) set for launch next november. Seeing as I haven't really heard anything specific on a new xbox though, I doubt it would come that soon. Might just have been teh rum0rz.