PDA

View Full Version : Shop theft!?

Evangeline
Oct 20, 2008, 01:21 AM
I swear that somehow somebody stole an item from my shop!!! The item was a Dagger of Serafi 24% fire (duh) and 4/10 grinds that I had listed for 10.5 million meseta. I went out on a few runs and when I came back the daggers were gone and the meseta was not deposited. I am sooo upset right now, I cannot even begin to understand how it is even possible. I submitted a ticket to Sega, so hopefully they will be in contact with me soon. If any body out there cares at all, please keep a look out for this item. Its pretty unique considering it was the only one in the shops just like mine.
If you have any info, please contact me or come visit me at my shop in person. My Characters name is Evangeline, and my ad has hearts all over it. (cheesy, I know.) T_T
On a lighter note, the jerk who took it obviously doesn't that the daggers will pretty much be worthless in two months. The bad thing however is that now I'm afraid to list anything in my shop.

ashley50
Oct 20, 2008, 02:04 AM
heh...theft?

X--Hero--X
Oct 20, 2008, 02:15 AM
where they in your shop for awhile?, or if you just put them in your shop were you lagging at all?

funnymatt
Oct 20, 2008, 02:33 AM
Are you on PC/PS2 or Xbox? There were some problems with shop thefts on PC a while ago, I'd hate to think they're back.

Evangeline
Oct 20, 2008, 02:39 AM
The problem is that I have no idea who it could have been. I looked at my recent visitors list however and I did see something strange. The times people come into your room should be in order right?? Well one particular person's time was not in order, it was an hour ahead of the last person in my shop. It looked something like this;
Greed
08/10/19 *20:57*

Jawquay
08/10/19 *21:19* <------------- (strange?)

Zen
08/10/19 *20:19*

Sneaky
08/10/19 *20:44*

Those were the last four people in my shop. As you see, one person's time doesn't not flow correctly.

I'm sooo bummed, I don't know what to do. T_T

Evangeline
Oct 20, 2008, 02:41 AM
I'm on the 360, so this makes no sense to me what so ever. Is it possible for Sega to go through my logs and figure out what happened?? How exactly do they catch and ban glitchers?

Chuck_Norris
Oct 20, 2008, 02:50 AM
The problem is that I have no idea who it could have been. I looked at my recent visitors list however and I did see something strange. The times people come into your room should be in order right?? Well one particular person's time was not in order, it was an hour ahead of the last person in my shop. It looked something like this;
Greed

Jawquay

Zen

Sneaky

Those were the last four people in my shop. As you see, one person's time doesn't not flow correctly.

Greed?! Well, that's kinda funny. :lol: (PS2/PC players will probably only get this)

funnymatt
Oct 20, 2008, 03:29 AM
Post this info on help.sega.com- that's how you need to send in requests for help to them.

Chris28
Oct 20, 2008, 04:43 AM
Greed

Jawquay

Zen

Sneaky

did you notice that not only is jawquay's time wierd, but Zen's time is also off.

lumia fanatic
Oct 20, 2008, 06:06 AM
yea i noticed that maybe that could be the same person but on two different charcters i say talk to a GM and report it better then sitting there doing anything right?

Dragwind
Oct 20, 2008, 06:25 AM
Submit a ticket to http://help.sega.com/

Making a thread here about it or trying to point fingers will get you no where.

SStrikerR
Oct 20, 2008, 06:50 AM
Yes chuck, I get the joke here. Greed was...a disturbance in the past, but as Dragwind said, that's no reason to point fingers.

str898mustang
Oct 20, 2008, 07:25 AM
There's nothing wrong with the times. It's just they came back to your shop later.

Powder Keg
Oct 20, 2008, 10:25 AM
There's nothing wrong with the times. It's just they came back to your shop later.

This. If someone visits your shop more than once in a certain amount of time, it'll just update the time instead of putting the name there again.

Evangeline
Oct 20, 2008, 12:48 PM
How do I report this to a GM? I went to the Sega support site and submitted a ticket, but I have yet to hear back from them. T_T

Like I said many times, I submitted a ticket to Sega already. I'm not trying to point fingers at anybody, I have no idea who it could have been. I posted my situation here because I was hoping that someone else could shed more light on the subject and direct me in other places to get help. There have been many helpful people who responded to this, so I dont feel that this has gotten me nowhere. Many thanks to those who have tried to help, hopefully in the future we can meet and party up. ^^

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 20, 2008, 12:59 PM
Like I said many times, I submitted a ticket to Sega already. I'm not trying to point fingers at anybody, I have no idea who it could have been. I posted my situation here because I was hoping that someone else could shed more light on the subject and direct me in other places to get help. There have been many helpful people who responded to this, so I dont feel that this has gotten me nowhere. Many thanks to those who have tried to help, hopefully in the future we can meet and party up. ^^

Ummm this probably a stupid question but.....did you by anychance already have 99,999,999 in your storage when someone bought it??? If so.................. :-o

Evangeline
Oct 20, 2008, 08:54 PM
Oh jeez I wish that I had that much meseta, but sadly that is not the case.

Evangeline
Oct 21, 2008, 10:22 AM
UPDATE: I want to thank all of my friends on PSU who cared enough to help me figure this situation out. We have found the most probable culprit, and I have submitted the players info to Sega. The culprit is one of the people that I listed previously on the list of players who were in my shop during the time the theft took place. I would love to name the person who did it, but then I might be accused of "pointing fingers". The reason why we are so sure is because one of my dear friends went looking for it and found it for sale in a shop, a shop that belonged to one of the last people who were in my room that night.
Everybody needs to be aware that shop theft IS possible. Its was explained to me how it was possible, and I find it to absolutely despicable. There are lowlifes out there who will steal from you. The best way to fight back is to ALWAYS report these incidences. If enough of us who fell victim to these types of thefts report it, then maybe Sega will pay enough attention to it to fix the problem.

Powder Keg
Oct 21, 2008, 10:40 AM
They should be able to find the data as long as you sent a support ticket. Best of luck, hopefully you can get your item back somehow.

SStrikerR
Oct 21, 2008, 12:55 PM
You do know that just because yours was the only one with..24% doesn't mean it was the only one out there. There probably are more of that %. Just throwin that out there, seeing as my friend had that % as well.

ChronoTrigga
Oct 21, 2008, 01:02 PM
Greed?! Well, that's kinda funny. :lol: (PS2/PC players will probably only get this)

I still have a picture of him floating on Guardians colony 4th floor.

Evangeline
Oct 21, 2008, 03:10 PM
You do know that just because yours was the only one with..24% doesn't mean it was the only one out there. There probably are more of that %. Just throwin that out there, seeing as my friend had that % as well.

Well, my pair also happened to have 4/10 grinds as well. Also, what are the chances that out of only 90 thousand something players that person would be in my shop the same time the daggers went missing, and then the same exact daggers would be for sale in their shop the next day??
Time will tell. I have submitted all of this information in painstaking detail to Sega.
I hope the jerk who did this to me is reading this right now.

funnymatt
Oct 21, 2008, 04:24 PM
UPDATE: I want to thank all of my friends on PSU who cared enough to help me figure this situation out. We have found the most probable culprit, and I have submitted the players info to Sega. The culprit is one of the people that I listed previously on the list of players who were in my shop during the time the theft took place. I would love to name the person who did it, but then I might be accused of "pointing fingers". The reason why we are so sure is because one of my dear friends went looking for it and found it for sale in a shop, a shop that belonged to one of the last people who were in my room that night.
Everybody needs to be aware that shop theft IS possible. Its was explained to me how it was possible, and I find it to absolutely despicable. There are lowlifes out there who will steal from you. The best way to fight back is to ALWAYS report these incidences. If enough of us who fell victim to these types of thefts report it, then maybe Sega will pay enough attention to it to fix the problem.

If you know of a method that makes this possible, is there anything we should do to prevent it from happening to us?

Evangeline
Oct 21, 2008, 08:51 PM
If you know of a method that makes this possible, is there anything we should do to prevent it from happening to us?
The method that was explained to me is uncertain. I don't want to go into detail because I don't want people to read it and then go out and experiment with it. I have an arrangement now to speak personally with a GM, so hopefully they will be able to figure it out and put a stop to the mischief. The only advise I can give is to lock your room, but thats hard to do if your trying to make any money. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it does happen to you or anybody else you know, it seems like it will be resolved by Sega if you make a lot of noise about it.
When the culprit is confirmed, I will announce their name and gamer tag so you guys can keep a lookout for him. But most likely he will get banned, and the glitch will be corrected.

Turb0
Oct 21, 2008, 09:20 PM
If this really did happen, inb4 ST doesn't take this seriously, someone puts a video on youtube of exactly how to do it, everyone steals everyone's stuff for a day or two which leads to threatening in-game messages by the GMs, and ~300 bans which most people end up talking their way out of anyway. Looks like Edward will get his first test!:p

(Seriously hope they can figure this out though:()

Evangeline
Oct 24, 2008, 11:22 AM
Success! Sega responded to my ticket! A guy named Aaron wrote me about it and wanted more details. Yay! Sega really does care!

mvffin
Oct 24, 2008, 11:31 AM
what i don't understand is, why wouldn't this person "steal" items of higher value? I mean, there's plenty of banned/quit/inactive people to "steal" from too, why would he go for a 24% wep instead of a 50% or a 10/10?

lainofthewired
Oct 24, 2008, 03:25 PM
Very strange...

Evangeline
Oct 24, 2008, 09:35 PM
what i don't understand is, why wouldn't this person "steal" items of higher value? I mean, there's plenty of banned/quit/inactive people to "steal" from too, why would he go for a 24% wep instead of a 50% or a 10/10?
I wondered that myself actually. When I found out how it may have been possible, it finally made sense. But like I said before, I don't want to give many details about it because I'm sure it wouldn't be a good idea to post that on the internet. All I have to say is that, if your item is listed at 999999999 (whatever the max amount of meseta is) you probably don't have much to worry about.
Don't take my word on that though, its just speculation still. From what I understand, sega is investigating how it actually happened now. I'm sure that they wouldn't care, or take the time to communicate with me if I was just some dumb idiot that lost my weapon.