PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever have their characters deleted?

Wraithind
Oct 20, 2008, 01:23 PM
Hey guys, I havent played PSU online for 10 months now (Financial problems, college, etc...) and am about ready to start again either this Friday or Saturday. However, I read that after three months Sage says they might delete your characters.
I guess what Im wondering is if anyone has ever had their characters deleted after not playing for so long? Even if they are Im more then prepared to start all over again but Im just kind of curious I guess.

Thanks for taking the time to read my question!

-Wraithind

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 20, 2008, 01:27 PM
Ha! this lil happening eh after three months they told me they "cancelled" my subscription and when i asked xbox bout it...they said they deleted my characters along with it but when i asked sega,they said no they dont. but idk i could of been lucky. When i got it reactivated it was still there. I've heard people not playing for a year and it was still there but idk the situation.

I also heard that you can "Hold" your account. Like lets say I cant play for november and december...i guess what i heard was true...they can "Freeze" my account until i call and ask to reactivate it. Hopefully i wont have to pay for those 2 months.

I will be glad bcuz i think i'll have to that in a few months. (Senior Project)

Sasamichan
Oct 20, 2008, 01:28 PM
I remember Chilly saying that it hasn't happened yet. Sorry, I don't have the link for it.

Dragwind
Oct 20, 2008, 01:31 PM
I've never heard of anyone losing their characters yet personally, despite being gone for months at a time.

Sasamichan
Oct 20, 2008, 01:34 PM
Ok, here is the link I was talking about: http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=90167&

Wraithind
Hmm... I see, so it may just be something that Sega said in hopes of it having people continuously activating their account to keep this from happening? Well, I guess this weekend I will figure out. Yet strangely there was this small thought in the back of my head that was sort of looking forward to starting all over again... does that seem wierd?

Tempo
I've had a couple of 3-4 month blocks where I would not subscribe due to having other things that were more important at the time. Neither time have any of my characters ever been deleted.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 20, 2008, 01:38 PM
Hmm... I see, so it may just be something that Sega said in hopes of it having people continuously activating their account to keep this from happening? Well, I guess this weekend I will figure out. Yet strangely there was this small thought in the back of my head that was sort of looking forward to starting all over again... does that seem wierd?

Hmmm eh idk

I've deleted 2 of my character like 5 times each until i finally knew what i wanted but deleting my entire account....no never :P

Wraithind
Oct 20, 2008, 01:44 PM
Okay, so Im guessing their saying that just incase the servers ever get to crowded they at least hold the right to do so. And judging from what Ive heard PSU is knowhere close to that point so Im assuming Im safe.
Okay, so at least my old character is still there but Im probably gonna change my class around now that ForteFighters can apparently use S Rank Twin Sabers. Thanks a lot for your help guys!

furrypaws
Oct 20, 2008, 04:38 PM
I remember in the old PSU manual (PSU original) they said you had a 5 month grace period before your characters were at stake for deletion, but I can't find that in the new manual. I'll just take a wild guess and say that Sega thought this game was going to be 100x bigger than it was.

In otherwords, if you had left a week after the game started, I'd be willing to bet your characters are still there.

RemiusTA
Oct 20, 2008, 06:42 PM
Thats because in that manual they didnt expect this game to sell like hotcakes of horseshit

Genoa
Oct 21, 2008, 02:08 AM
They won't delete them. Usually if you pay to play they save your data. It even tells you when you deactivate your account that if you decide to reactive your account your character data will still be there.
I quit for a few months myself. I've deleted many of my characters before xD a few 70-100's... but Sega has never deleted any :o

Wraithind
Oct 21, 2008, 12:24 PM
Okay, well I got tired of waiting and registered again and all my characters are still there, so yeah, no fear of character deletion I guess.

RikaPSOW
Oct 21, 2008, 12:36 PM
The have the right to delete your account after 3 months, that doesn't mean they swill delete it. I think they will only delete it after that if they feel they need to. So your account is probably there.
edit: and I didn't see the post before this one. XD

Silenced
Oct 22, 2008, 12:15 AM
I hadn't played in over a year and a half. I reactivated a few days ago. My level 15 character was still there.

So yeah, I doubt they ever delete them.

pikachief
Oct 22, 2008, 12:34 AM
they delete them if tehy need space, which with this game they don't lol

DAMASCUS
Oct 22, 2008, 12:42 AM
Although with the server modification they may be cleaning house also...you did the right thing NOT waiting :o

Danny_Dark
Oct 22, 2008, 05:33 AM
What !?, No Way !(Spend a lot of Time)

RedRaz0r
Oct 22, 2008, 10:41 AM
I got rid of mine for 8 months and my characters were still there.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 22, 2008, 11:30 AM
although they didnt delete my characters.....i deleted my male cast last night :-o
off topic i kno