PDA

View Full Version : Servers Reduction/Renaming

Outlaw4Ever
Oct 20, 2008, 06:33 PM
Ok, this is interesting now. i dont mind making the universe smaller thing, but the renaming of them is kinda overboard if you ask me ( which many of you didnt) but i want to see what other peoples think about it.

RemiusTA
Oct 20, 2008, 06:41 PM
who cares, everyone is going to be in the neudaiz server spamming up white beasts anyway.

Sega fails at fixing fail too. >>;

Kylie
Oct 20, 2008, 07:31 PM
50/50. It doesn't hurt, but it doesn't help.

amtalx
Oct 20, 2008, 07:36 PM
Unless they add new universes with funny names and odd effects like reduced gravity and forced character nudity, I don't really care.

Arika
Oct 20, 2008, 08:15 PM
It doesn't hurt, but it doesn't help.

that is very true.
if the name doesn't reflect location, then those name will not help anything other than making it look cool.

X--Hero--X
Oct 20, 2008, 08:19 PM
I like it.

Noblewine
Oct 20, 2008, 08:21 PM
Why'd we need eighteen universes in the first place. I like the idea of reducing the universes.

ChaosAngelic
Oct 20, 2008, 08:26 PM
I love the new names, and hopefully the smaller number of universes will make the game seem a little more active. Think about it, though, right now we just refer to them by numbers, which doesn't really sound like it's part of the game. The way it is now, they just sound like different servers, but with this, they actually seem like places. Of course, we all know they're just servers, but still.

Xaeris
Oct 20, 2008, 08:26 PM
It doesn't really do anything...ten servers is still more than enough for our meager population to be spread to the point of looking non existent. Had they cut it to three or four, we'd have something.

X--Hero--X
Oct 20, 2008, 08:37 PM
we only need about 8, and even then we would'nt fill em' all up
anyway (with people quiting left and right on this game, due to lack of content & updates).

RyuRoots
Oct 20, 2008, 08:38 PM
It doesn't really do anything...ten servers is still more than enough for our meager population to be spread to the point of looking non existent. Had they cut it to three or four, we'd have something.

Certainly less than ten, anyway. 5 servers would still give us breathing room. But really, I feel sort of apathetic about this update. Won't hurt, but it won't help anything either.

Arika
Oct 20, 2008, 08:43 PM
To make it helpful, we might have to promote something like this :
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2168926&postcount=109
that is one of the possible example.

Marron_Shido
Oct 20, 2008, 08:48 PM
I like the new names too, ^.^b

shotsfired
Oct 20, 2008, 10:23 PM
how about this....

WHO FUC^ING CARES ABOUT UNI NAMES?!

more content? why the shit would we want that? this is ridiculous.....

Billy Mitchell
Oct 21, 2008, 09:08 AM
Finally, the game is fixed!

[TLB]Konda
Oct 21, 2008, 10:01 AM
I think its alright, not the end all be all fix, but it may make thigs a bit more interesting to say the least. To me it sorta seems like Segac is trying to make the game seem more pso like. If you remember from pso they had the named servers so to me it would seem like they are scraping the bottom of said barrel to make the game seem more interesting. But overall its not very impressive.

Billy Mitchell
Oct 21, 2008, 10:20 AM
Putting lipstick on a corpse shouldn't make you want to fuck it.

stukasa
Oct 21, 2008, 10:30 AM
I like it! I think I'd prefer themed servers like Arika mentioned but oh well. At the very least, it shows they were listening when everyone complained about too many empty universes. ^^

Akaimizu
Oct 21, 2008, 10:48 AM
Indifferent, though I do like the kind of reminder with the Aquarius server. Trying to set up an official (help to new) server. Maybe I should have Tynselle up there wearing a button that says, "Ask me about Guntecher."

Or as a major tip of the hat to Monkey Island, have the button say, "Ask me about LOOM(tm)". That way I can look the part within the Phantasy Star Universe, but wear a pin that completely shouts, "Warning! Breaking 4th wall character here!"

RedRaz0r
Oct 21, 2008, 10:53 AM
Ok, this is interesting now. i dont mind making the universe smaller thing, but the renaming of them is kinda overboard if you ask me ( which many of you didnt) but i want to see what other peoples think about it.

I think that renaming them is a good idea, I was kinda pissed when I got on PSU and they were named "Universe 01", I mean WTF? Name another game that has servers named the same thing with a number after them? It's lame. So this is the part of the update I am really looking forward to.

As for them reducing the universes, it sounds fine to me. There is no need for that many of them anyways so reducing them sounds good, but it doesn't really effect me so it's not that big of a deal.

Blargh4242 X
Oct 21, 2008, 10:58 AM
BLARGH DEMANDS THAT SEGAC KEEPS UNIVERSE 11. ITS MY UNIVERSE DAMNIT.

Para
Oct 21, 2008, 11:03 AM
lol The moment I saw Libra I thought of Kylie :P

Anyways its great to see the server reduction finally happening but like people think... it might be a little bit too late.

DELPHINUS FTW! (soa)

But I also like Caelum and Draco names too.. hmm

autumn
Oct 21, 2008, 12:07 PM
I like the server reduction but I don't think they reduced PC/PS2 enough. I also like the names but feel they could have put the names to better use by titling them more like the JP servers.

Tubby
Oct 21, 2008, 12:19 PM
Sega should have just kept 5 unis for PC/PS2 and have named them differently.

bupjo
Oct 21, 2008, 12:20 PM
i like it. the official site also said it will fix drop boxes in bladed legacy. anyway, i feel that regardless of what sega attempts to do to PSU good or bad, people will bitch constantly.
im a little more upbeat about the game inspite of its flaws. but i think the name thing is cool in my opinion.

unicorn
Oct 21, 2008, 12:28 PM
It makes me happy because I'm an aquarius :3

Lan
Oct 21, 2008, 12:32 PM
Not to sound like a broken record but they just did not reduce the servers enough in my opinion. I havent Seen server 2 on xbox with more then 3 stars in i cant remeber how long so i think the reduction from 20 to 30 is cosmetic at best with wont solve a thing lol. However the names is a good idea. but more content is a far better idea. I hope this is all coming out with content because i am too lazy to read the offical site lolz.

Akaimizu
Oct 21, 2008, 01:14 PM
True. There are definitely too many servers. I think they basically grossly overestimated the numbers that would join. Many games (MMOs included) run on less servers, and ones that do have a good amount, are ones that have various servers meant for different kinds of play environments. Thus opening subdivisions which might need a few servers for each. PvE, PvP, (Maybe a Faction/Kingdom vs. Faction/Kingdom), Roleplay, etc.

Tubby
Oct 21, 2008, 02:47 PM
Maybe sega is thinking that when the new expansion comes out, that more ppl wil join. I doubt it, but I was.... (just thinking)